I need you - Jimin x Reader

By bangtanxxo

"Jimin, I need you..." When y/n's life got flipped upside down 6 years ago from a fatal car accident involvi... More

Chapter 1 - Park JIMIN
Chapter 2 - Sticky Situation
Chapter 3- Goodnight
Chapter 4 - No Change
Chapter 5 - Remember
Chapter 6 - BTS
Chapter 7 - The Nightmare
Chapter 8 - The Gift
Chapter 9 - Birthday
Chapter 10 - Betrayal
Chapter 11 - Tough Reminder
Chapter 12 - Hope?
Chapter 13 - Connection
Chapter 14 - Anniversary
Chapter 15 - JJ Project
Chapter 16 - Jimin Hotel?
Chapter 17 - Panic Attack
Chapter 18 - New Project
Chapter 19 - Our Plan
Chapter 20 - Oh Dear...
Chapter 21 - Getting Ready
Chapter 22 - The Party
Chapter 23 - Success?
Chapter 25 - Hanging Out Like Friends?
Chapter 26 - Caught
Chapter 27 - Nicknames
Chapter 28 - Taxi Ride
Chapter 29 - Up Close and Personal
Chapter 30 - Kim Seokjin
Chapter 31 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 32 - Jeon Jungkook
Chapter 33 - Bowling
Chapter 34 - All Hell Breaks Loose...
Chapter 35 - Min Yoongi
Chapter 36 -Confessions?
Chapter 37 - A Hangover to Remember
Chapter - Explanation

Chapter 24 - Why you?

23 3 0
By bangtanxxo

Me, JB and Jinyoung enjoy the rest of the evening.

Jinyoung yawns resulting in me checking the time 12:32am.

"Hey, it's getting pretty late, do you want to go to sleep?" I ask the two worn out boys.

"Mmm, I think that's a good idea." Jinyoung agrees.

"Yeah, especially if we're going to go to the fair tomorrow." JB chimes in.

We get ready then all go to our dedicated rooms, me and JB in one and Jinyoung in JB's parent's room.

"Are you sure you're ok to hold my hand?" I question, not wanting to disturb his sleep which he so desperately needs.

"Of course I am. Y/n, I'm your best friend. If Jimin can do it, I definitely can." We both giggle at his comment.

Reassured, we both settle down and soon fall into slumber, my fingers delicately weaved with his.

(Please read this nightmare, it's slightly different again and a very important part to the plot. Thank you!)

The familiar screams capture my mind, sending me into a trance. I feel compelled to find the source. I tear my body away from the warmth of my bed and walk through the welcoming, homely house.

I can't help but feel like something is missing, I clasp my left hand within my right one. My hand feels almost empty, as if a warmth use to be there that no longer exists. Why though? It's only my hand. I push the instinct aside and approach the front of the house.

I go onto my tiptoes to reach for the lock on the door that towers over me as I'm only 10 years old. Opening the door the screams grow louder, almost deafening. The voice of the women holds a certain familiarity keeping me on edge. I am all alone as I face the next revelation with no comfort from anyone or anything.

Abruptly, all my actions halt as the image before me gets revealed. I feel my breathing hitch and my pulse drastically increase.

It can't be? This isn't real, it needs to not be real!

I'm now wishing I had never left the comfort of my own bed. I wish someone would just hold my hand and tell me it's ok.

I drop to my knees, a numb feeling engulfing my body. Tears I didn't even know were there are now streaming down my face.

There, right infront of me, is my mother. My precious mother, lifeless. Her eyes half ajar and blood running all down her face. She's dead. She's actually dead.

Suddenly an aching feeling runs through my veins, it's agony, it's heartbreak. The pain is excruciating, quickly becoming unbearable.

I scream.

[...]

"Y/N!" I harshly sit up at the sound of my name being yelled.

JB and Jinyoung enter my vision but my sight is blurry from the wells building up in my eye sockets and my breathing is ragged.

"Y/n...ok...why..." The audio keeps fading in and out and nothing's clear.

I'm not calming down, I can't calm down. Why didn't it work? JB was holding my hand, why couldn't I feel it like I normally do? What was different? These thoughts are what are preventing me from relaxing, the barrier stopping me from escaping this hyperventilation.

Whilst I am panicking Jinyoung and JB are at a loss.

3rd Person POV:

"What do we do?!" Jinyoung asks anxious and freaking out.

"I don't know, I was holding her hand I don't understand why she's ended up like this." JB replies honestly.

Jinyoung gasps as a revelation hits him, "I'm calling Jimin." He says.

"Do you have his number because I don't?" JB bluntly states the issue with the idea.

"You know y/n's passowrd right?" Jinyoung says whilst getting y/n's phone.

"Ohhh." JB catches on and they call Jimin from her phone.

...

"Hello? Y/n?" Jimin's voice comes from the speaker.

"Hey Jimin? It's JB." He says rushed.

"What do you want?" Jimin sounds groggy obviously woken up by the two boys' phone call.

"I know it's late and this is random but please come here quick, y/n is hyperventilating after a nightmare and she's not calming down. You deal with her almost every night so you must have some sort of idea on what to do." Jinyoung explains calmly due to JB being unable to talk anymore.

"Just sooth her and tell her to calm down, and next time hold her hand because that makes the nightmare less scary and she's not as bad when she wakes up." He states the obvious.

"Jimin, we've already tried that and JB was holding her hand but she won't calm down. Please just come here quick, we've run out of ideas!" Jinyoung pleads.

Jimin's voice holds urgency after hearing this, "Ok, tell me the address and I'll come now."

The two friends tell him the location and Jimin arrives in less than 5 minutes meaning he must've gone over the speed limit as it should take him at least 7 minutes to get there.

1st Person POV:

Meanwhile, I am still panicking and have no knowledge of the conversation that just took place.

My vision is gradually becoming darker and I can't pull myself out of this slump. A loud noise pierces my ear drums but I can't look up due to my current state.

"Where is she?" Jimin's comforting voice temporarily reigns in my senses, but they quickly recline again.

Before I have time to process anything I am in a hold that I would recognise anywhere. Jimin is hugging me whispering sweet nothings into my ear slowly but surely drawing me out of the darkness.

I clasp onto him for dear life and allow myself to relish in his scent and touch. Being with him feels unusually homely and my breaths become more calculated and accurate.

"Shhh, it's ok y/n. I'm here." He gently sooths.

I shut my eyes letting my other senses take control. His scent lingering in my nose, his skinny but muscular body pressed up against mine, his minty breath tickling my earlobe and his soft, husky voice sending shivers across my whole body. His hand is delicately stroking my head as if it was a fragile ball, liable to shatter at any second.

"It's ok, you're ok." He comforts, "Now tell me what was different what did you feel?"

I take a deep breathe before letting my ragged unstable voice exit my mouth, "I-I don't know. I was h-holding his hand b-but nothing, I felt nothing. In the dream my hand felt empty , probably because I'm use to feeling your hand, but this time I felt nothing." I start sobbing again.

"Well why didn't it work this time what was different?" JB questions still panicked.

"The only thing that was different was the person and the place." Jinyoung starts, "She's use to Jimin's hand, so even though she said it felt empty maybe it just felt different. For example, people have different auras and a different presence, even something as simple as how firm the grip is. Jimin you've always been quite a rough person so you're grip is probably tighter than JB's."

"Ok that makes sense but surely she still would've been able to calm down after and it still should've been better than when no one is holding her hand right?" Jimin asks.

"I mean the only thing I can think of for that is either because you two have a history and you've been spending a lot of time together, not to mention you're always the one next to her and helping her out of these nightmares, maybe it needs to be you." Before Jinyoung can continue Jimin butts in.

"Hold up, now you're just starting to sound like one of them people from them fantasy films."

Jinyoung sighs, "No I don't mean like that, I just mean maybe she's use to you now? Maybe you two have a connection or understand each other really well. It's the same as my mum, she suffers from panic attacks and the only people that can bring her out of them is me or my dad, it has to be someone that she truly loves and cares about and someone that loves and cares about her."

"Ohh, that actually makes sense. I've seen quite a few cases like that, it was the same with my Grandad." JB chimes in.

Reluctant to even consider that possibility Jimin speaks up, "Ok, I doubt that's the case so what was the other option you had?" He looks in Jinyoung's direction.

"Oh right," The said boy replies, "The only other thing I can think of is the house. New house, new surroundings that could've freaked her out."

"But this house is like a second home to me." I state finally talking after all this.

"Yeah, but you've been coming here less frequently and you've been living at the Parks." JB says.

"And whenever you've had a nightmare, since they came back, it's been at the Park's." Jinyoung finishes.

I look up at Jimin who still has me tightly protected in his grasp. Sensing a pair of eyes on him he directs his attention to me.

I look away and sigh, unsure of what to say. If this is all true, then I've unintentionally dragged Jimin into this whole mess.

"Let's sort the rest of this out tomorrow, 'cause it's the middle of the night and I'm tired." Jimin voices after a minute of tense silence.

"Do you want to stay?" JB inquires at Jimin, "It's late so you may as well sleep here, also it might be an idea for you to be with y/n after that whole incident."

"Ok sure."

[...]

With Jimin's hold slightly tighter than usual around my hand I drift off into tranquility. The comfort of JB's sheets and bed around us.

3rd Person POV:

"Hey can you move over slightly." JB asks Jinyoung as they are both having to stay in his parent's bed together.

Jinyoung answers by budging up so the latter has more room.

"You ok?" Jinyoung inquires after a moment of silence.

"Yeah why?"

"I've known you our whole lives, I can tell when something is up."

JB sighs, "I just feel weird." Jinyoung furrows his brows at the statement urging the other to expand, "I don't know, it's just after everything that he has put her through and all the times I've been there for her, they've lived together for what? A few weeks, and it feels like he's taken her from me."

"In what way taken her from you? Taken away your friend? Taken away your chance at the girl you liked?" Jinyoung questions further.

"No, not like that. She's like my little sister, and I've always played the big brother role in her life that she never had, so I'm meant to protect her but now we have to call him to look after her. And she's my best friend, always has been and now she doesn't tell me anything, she tells him more than me. And the whole connection bullshit you were on about earlier, I'm not doubting it's true but what after all these years where I have given up everything for her, she trusts her bully more than me, she feels safer with him than me and she cares more about him than me?" JB rants releasing it all from his system.

Jinyoung stares at his friend with sympathetic eyes, "I understand, this is probably really frustrating. But she doesn't know you feel like this, she's had a lot going on recently so she hasn't had time to stop and think about how this could make you feel. I get it hurts and kinda feels like she betrayed you - especially with the big brother role you played, I know how big of a burden that was for you after everything - but you need to talk to her. Just say to her 'Hey, I know you've got a lot going on but we need to talk because some things you've been doing recently aren't fair on me.' Knowing her she will immediately realise her wrong doings and apologise and try to make it better."

"I know the whole thing with her and Jimin's connection wasn't her fault and she couldn't help it, but she could at least keep me updated and keep me in her life." The growingly agitated boy replies.

Jinyoung smiles, "Exactly, so tell her that. Because no this wasn't her fault and it's great you can see that and accept that, but leaving you out was her fault, she didn't mean to do it, but she did and if you tell her she will change things for the better because she loves you, as a friend and as a big brother."

JB smiles at his friend, "You're right thanks, I will try talking to her in the morning or in the next couple of days."

Finally at peace with the situation the two boys also fall into a deep slumber.

-----------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and comment thank you! :) - I left some hints in this chapter for one of the big reveals, can you guess what it is?

Hey, thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope you enjoyed it! This chapter was slightly longer but I'm falling behind schedule for the next update but still expect a chapter on Wednesday and Saturday as usual and if I can't update for whatever reason I will let you guys know!

Thank you for understanding - Bangtanxxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 79 29
⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: This contains cutting, rape, abuse, suicide, suicidal thoughts, food and a bunch more. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK⚠️ . . . Your appa...
56.9K 3.3K 46
Jimin is confident, bold, sexy, a little arrogant oh- and bisexual. He doesn't care what other's think or say about him. He has perfected the mask th...
400K 15.5K 74
Min Yoongi's life is not easy. Every day after waking up he has to cover his bruises. He is good at it. Nobody has noticed anything. Only he knows th...
620 3 32
WARNING* This story has strong content. Including, sexuality and strong language. If you are sensitive to any of this please read at your own risk. ...