A Deal With The Prince

By notwhippedhours

Suddenly living in an unknown world, she learned she was now in the romance book she had read not long ago an... More

Chapter 1: Becoming a fiancée
Chapter 2: Pretty boy
Chapter 3: A challenge
Chapter 4: Childhood trio
Chapter 5: Last minute party
Chapter 6: A new friend
Chapter 7: Be late or you'll die
Chapter 8: Unexpected guest
Chapter 9: Ending the deal?
Chapter 10: Fairies
Chapter 11: Jealousy
Chapter 12: Test partner
Chapter 13: A Couple In Making
Chapter 14: I might get killed by the crown prince
Chapter 15: Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice
Chapter 16: I will skin you alive
Chapter 17: Old man
Chapter 18: Bloody
Chapter 19: Don't want to die
Chapter 20: First kiss
Chapter 21: Odd
Chapter 22: Real name
Chapter 24: Stealing
Chapter 25: Forever and ever
Chapter 26: Nap time!
Chapter 27: Finally I'll tell you
Chapter 28: No.one.can
Chapter 29: Unable to protect you
Chapter 30: The end?
Extra 1
Fin
New book
Author's Note

Chapter 23: Near death experience

15.8K 764 313
By notwhippedhours

I felt my blood running cold at the name, feeling tight knots in my stomach as my heart beat sped up.

"...How?" I carefully asked, not wanting to show her how afraid I felt.

She let out a high tone laugh, her head looking up at the ceiling before falling back down. The same smile was still on her face as she answered my question, "You don't know me but I know you,"

"I've known you since we were in high school. I know what you like and dislike, where you live, how you always liked eating chocolate right before exams-"

"Wait stop." I cut her off, holding my hand up. "How do you know all of this? And how did you know I was Alice in this body?"

"I've known you since high school. When I watched you in school, I could tell it was you immediately." she answered my question but it made me feel even more uncomfortable.

"Then why did you poison the cookies?"

"At first I thought why not get the prince? But after I found you I realised I couldn't do that. All I need is you." she smiled sweetly at me but all I felt was chills down my spine.

"I tried to get that stupid prince away from you but it never works so I decided a simple plan. I would poison you and take you away so nobody will bother us." she added on. I could hear her heavy breathing as she continued speaking, her body shaking from excitement.

"Unfortunately, the poison didn't seem to set in until quite late so my plan had failed but that's alright!"

I took a step back.

"I got you now Alice. Do you know how long I have been waiting for this day? Even back then! I followed you everywhere, thinking when was the right time and everything. And when that accident happened and killed you, I couldn't bear it that I killed myself!" her voice was getting louder and shakier.

"And I will not allow anyone to get in between us."

She took a step forward while I took a step back. I could hear my heart beating fast and loud as Lucy kept taking a step forward, closing in on me.

"Why...why are you doing all of this?" I stammered out, unable to contain my fear.

Seeing the state I was in, Lucy's smile grew wider making her seem crazy. Short giggles kept coming out of her lips, "Because I love you."

My heart dropped as she leaped on me. Using my fast reflexes, I dodged her and smashed the window with my magic.

"Don't run away from me, Alice! We're meant to be together!" she shouted, pushing me to the ground, her hands wrapped around my throat, choking out the air from my lungs.

I tried to remove her grip but she was strong.

"I'm doing this for us! We can run away together! I did everything for you Alice! Everything! Why can't you understand that?!" she kept screaming, using more strength as she kept choking me.

I felt my head going fuzzy as I wasn't getting enough air.

"I'll make you understand. You'll love me just as much as I do.." she muttered, a sinister smile plastered on her face.

I felt my body growing weaker.

'Am I going to die?'

I couldn't hear my surroundings anymore, only ringing muffled sounds. I slowly released my grip on Lucy and was about to pass out when a bright light shone, blinding her.

Screaming from the pain at the sudden brightness, her grip around my neck disappeared as she fell to the ground. My body was then lifted up in a swift motion. With what little consciousness I had left, I looked up at the person who had saved me.

"...Kyrillos.." I whispered before everything turned black.

When I regained consciousness, I was surrounded by teary eyed fairies. They noticed I was awake and immediately hugged me.

"Lily~!" they cried out as they held onto me.

"I'm sorry." I apologised, stroking their heads.

"Are you feeling better?" I heard Kyrillos' as he walked in the room.

I nodded, "Yes..thank you for saving me back there, Kyrillos." I half bowed as I still was in bed.

He waved it off, "You're lucky I placed that protection spell on you if not you wouldn't be alive right now."

Hearing him say that, I felt a cold chill run down my body as I remembered what happened. Gripping tightly on the blanket, I took in a deep breath.

Turning to Kyrillos, I sent him a smile before trying to get out of the bed, "Thank you again for saving me. I have to go back now or else the others will be wondering where I went." I let out a laugh.

Kyrillos narrowed his eyes, pushing me back into bed. "Get some more rest. I'll go inform your friends about this."

I shook my head, "No it really is fine-"

"Stop putting on a strong front. I know this was a scary experience for you, you don't need to hide it." he cut me off, facing me as he spoke.

"It's okay to feel and show it. Nobody here will judge." he added on, lightly stroking my head.

I tightened my grip on the blanket before releasing it. I then buried my face into my palms as I took in more deep breaths.

I could feel my hands shaking and my lips quivering, "I'm scared..."

Kyrillos hummed in response, letting me know he was listening to me and wasn't leaving anytime soon. I felt my palms slightly wet. I silently cried, afraid of making too much noise. Kyrillos said nothing, only keeping me company as I cried.

"Wh-what if she tries to do the same thing again?" I said, stuttering a bit as my breathing wasn't stable enough.

"Then I'll protect you." Kyrillos firmly answered.

I removed my palms away from my face, wiping the tears on my cheeks as I chuckled at him, "Thanks, I really appreciate that."

He stared at my face before sighing, "Your face is puffy now, here look." he brought a mirror up to my face.

My eyes were slightly bloodshot and puffy. My nose was red and my cheeks were just as puffy as my eyes. Looking at myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but laugh at how terrible I looked.

"I look so bad." I laughed.

Kyrillos smiled, "There you're not crying anymore."

I nodded, "Yeah, I had enough of crying."

"Then get some rest."

"No, I need to go back."

"Aren't you scared that girl will try this again?"

I nodded, "I am but I have to face it no matter what. I can't run away from my problems and you know that as well."

He sighed, "That is true but I am serious Lilyana. I will protect you if anything happens."

I smiled warmly, "Yeah, I know. Thank you."

"I'll teleport you back to your room."

"Alright, see you next time Kyrillos." I smiled, waving goodbye to him before he used his magic, bringing me back to my room.

At that exact moment, Catherine and the others burst into the room.

They all sighed with relief when they saw me in the room, "Thank goodness you were here." Catherine said.

"We saw that boy who asked to meet with you but when we asked where you were he said he didn't know." Ralph explained as he closed the door to our room shut.

"And when we got to the alchemy room, it was a mess and the window was smashed. So we were looking around for you."

"Nothing happened to you right?!" Phillip asked but after he did, he noticed barely visible hand marks on my neck.

I could see his eyes turning cold and his face showed how furious he was.

I scratched my cheek awkwardly, "Well you see..."

I then explained everything that happened. How I smashed the window and about the whole thing with Lucy but I didn't tell them about her knowing me before coming to this world and my previous name.

"I never thought Miss Pratt would be in love with you." Catherine spoke first.

I nodded, "I thought she liked Phillip instead."

Catherine nodded, "Right!"

"I don't know if both are good things..." Phillip mumbled to himself.

"Who saved you?" Blaive asked,

I fumbled around with my fingers, glancing at Phillip who still had a displeased, pissed off look.

"...The forest fairy king.." I muttered softly.

"The what?"

"Forest fairy king.."

"Wait... THE forest fairy king?" Ralph gasped and I meekly nodded.

I could feel Phillip's murderous aura growing that I didn't dare to look at him or even try making fun of him which says a lot.

"How do you know the forest king?" Blaive asked.

I explained even more, telling them how I met the forest fairies first which led me to meet the king one day when I fell asleep there. Ralph and Catherine were extremely interested in the story, asking me more questions until I could barely answer anymore.

"Going off topic," Phillip spoke, gaining all our attention.

"We have to be careful of Miss Pratt. Especially you Lily." he side eyed me.

I kept my mouth shut and nodded, not wanting to provoke him more.

"You aren't allowed to go anywhere if one of us isn't with you. Understand?"

"...Yes." I replied, not really liking this idea but I understand why they wanted to do this.

Anytime now she might pop out of nowhere and try to do the same things again.

"And don't go near the forest king." Phillip added.

I blinked before staring at him, "Why not? He's my friend."

He scowled at me, folding his arms, "A friend wouldn't just kiss you."

---

Author's note: next chapter 👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 35 37
Sakamoto Jizan was going home with his childhood friend, Yakami Mizu. When a truck suddenly run towards Mizu. Jizan tried to save her but as a cost...
12.5K 363 34
I'm trapped in the world of my favorite novel. Elizabeth has never had the best life but now that doesn't matter. Now she is living as Claudette, a c...
531K 18.4K 75
She had only wanted to have a working marriage and a happy family. Despite that, her husband leaves her for another woman after the loss of their unb...
440K 16.4K 59
"I want our engagement to be annulled,your highness" I'm just a simple girl in the modern world who died and was reincarnated in the world of the fan...