Cover It Up!

بواسطة ImBBaekHsWife

[BAEKHYUN x READER] Y/n had to cover up the fact that she's Baekhyun's fangirl so she could get the job as hi... المزيد

Cover It Up!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Uncover It Off!
Thank You!

Chapter 13

1.8K 95 50
بواسطة ImBBaekHsWife

Y/N

The schedule for today is a magazine photoshoot. I went together with Baekhyun after picking me up from home which shocked me the most, first thing in the morning. He never informed me that he's going to my house so early that I stepped out to check if my mom is telling the truth with eye boogers and dried drool all over my face.

"Next time, do tell me if you have plans on fetching me. Don't come unannounced like that."

Baekhyun lets out a laugh, covering his mouth with a palm. "Do you always look like that after waking up?" and another set of laughter erupted from him, his makeup artist Doyeon who's doing his face, tried to stop herself from giggling.

I literally felt my blood pressure rising as I slumped down on the couch and folded my arms across my chest. Just when I thought I'd finally have the peace after Baekhyun shamelessly revealed what I looked like when he saw me earlier, the dressing room door opened and a familiar figure emerges. Even without tilting my head to check, I could tell that she's the one who came.

"Hi Baekyoong!" Jian greets, lowering her sunglasses as she walks in. She immediately approaches Baekhyun who's sitting in front of the dresser that Doyeon has to step aside when the bacon leaves his seat so he could walk up to Jian and grin at her.

"You came just in time."

"I missed seeing you being styled before the shoot." she fixes the collar of his shirt and dusted one side of his shoulder. "Good old times."

What an eyesore! I thought. I was just watching the whole thing happening in front of me as if I'm a ghost that couldn't be seen by anyone, like I never existed at all.

A staff from outside peeked from the crack of the opened door. Finally! Someone who'd break their seemingly endless staring contest. "Baekhyun?" the staff calls out softly.

Baekhyun turns to look at him. "I'll be right there." and then gazing back at Jian. "Let's go?"

They went out of dressing room with Jian clinging an arm around Baekhyun's. For the nth time I could just roll my eyes, hoping for it to lessen the pain after seeing them flirt which really was an eyesore! I hope I could just turn back the time never allowed Baekhyun to take her with him in his schedules, it bothers me. Does Jian even have her own schedules? Isn't she in a girl group? Why is she always around Baekhyun and sticking with him as if she's back as his manager?

"You staying here?" Doyeon asked, glancing at me through the mirror of the dresser while fixing the things she used earlier.

"Can I? I won't touch anything."

"Even if you do, it won't be a problem." she chuckles and twisted herself, then propping both of her palms on the dresser partly sitting on it. "You look uncomfortable seeing them, don't you?"

"Indeed." I crossed my arms and pouted.

Doyeon sighs along with me. "But he's getting better. Baekhyun's attitude I mean." she cracks a small smile, her eyes softening like she's having flashbacks. "I've been Baekhyun's makeup artist since he debuted and I witnessed how he changed when Jian left. No matter where I'd look, I can't seem to see any good reason to be rude to his managers. But I'm somehow glad he was, it brought you here with me today." she bobbed her shoulders.

"Eey!" I smirked teasingly and did poking gestures with my fingers making us both laugh. "I felt bad you're thinking of me that way, I didn't even know you're actually his makeup artist if not because of this shoot."

"I understand that your mind is too occupied about how to deal with him." right after Doyeon said those, another staff came and told her that she needed to retouch Baekhyun's makeup.

Doyeon and I went to the set. She walks up to Baekhyun and retouches his makeup while I stood beside Jian and saw her taking pictures of the set and of Baekhyun. I suddenly had flashbacks from years ago, back when Baekhyun just had his debut and his unannounced photoshoots were leaking.

I was alarmed. I tilted my head to look at Jian seemingly enjoying. "Excuse me but can you stop taking pictures?"

She glances at me for a second and then back to her phone. "I just wanted to have a memory. It's been years since I went into Baekhyun's photoshoots." she captured few more shots before turning her phone off and putting it back into the pocket of her coat. "By the way, Y/n. I'm really sorry about last time's dinner. Baekhyun and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." Jian beams at me, showing off her set of pearly white teeth.

I ignored her though and settled my eyes back at Baekhyun who just had his retouch done. My eyes blinked and when they opened, it wandered up to the lights above his standing figure. It was shaking, looking like it will fall anytime from now.

"What...?" I whispered to myself, observing each movement of the light. My gaze travelled to the staffs surrounding the area and all of them were too busy to notice that little hazardous detail. A squeak was heard and when I snapped back at the sight of Baekhyun, the light was halfway through of falling on him. I didn't have to think twice when I ran towards him screaming a loud, "BYUN BAEKHYUN!" then feeling something falling from the shallow pocket of my coat as I dashed away from my recent spot and towards the oblivious Baekhyun.

I bumped my body against him real hard that he lost his balance so I quickly encircled my arms around his waist to fall along with him and avoid the falling light. It happened so fast, as soon as we hit the ground and I fell right on top of him, my breath was knocked out of my lungs. A loud crash followed after, the light fell just few inches away from our bodies on the ground, the shards from the broken bulb flying towards us.

The murmurings of the panicking staffs filled the room but I couldn't hear any of it due to my racing heartbeat out of nervousness. I pressed my palms on the either sides Baekhyun's head and lifted myself up so I could have a look at him. "Are you o-okay?" that came out as a whisper with my breath getting heavier.

"I am okay but you don't look fine," his eyebrows furrowed. "You're turning pale."

Before I could even answer, I just felt my breath leaving my lips and my eyes fluttering close, senses shutting down completely.

----

No one was around me when I regain my consciousness. I was still on the bed with my eyes staring up on the white ceiling. As much as I wanted to sit but with my slightly aching head and tired body, I obviously couldn't. I don't even know why I feel tired when I didn't do much today and to the past few days besides dealing with my breaking heart that's making me sleepless. Stupid Baekhyun!

I ended up in a hospital after saving him and he's not even here. Brings me back to that time when I broke my leg and him leaving me alone after dropping me off. Not to be dramatic but I felt really betrayed during that time. He caused the chaos himself and I thought he wouldn't do anything after that?

Looking back, like how he unexpectedly came back, the curtains were suddenly pulled to the side and Baekhyun appears into the view holding a small paper bag. Deja vu, I thought, as a small smile took over my lips.

"It was anemia." he steps closer to me. I could just confusedly raise an eyebrow at him. Baekhyun heaves out before responding, "You fainted because of it. I couldn't understand but I remember the doctor saying you lack healthy red blood cells and such. So I asked for a medicine to that and recommended me these." he then places the paper bag on my side.

"Ooh very charming, Baekhyun." I held arms up. "Can you help me sit?"

He pulled me up until I'm seated but my head started spinning so I almost fell back down, good thing he was quick to place a hand on my back to keep me in that way. "Thanks."

"The doctor said you should stay here for a day, it's for the IV. They'll be moving you to a room later. Send me my schedules, I can go to them on my own."

I wish I could just scream my heart out while it's melting. This is one advantage of Jian's return, Baekhyun is now showing the real him. I'm finally working with the Baekhyun that I used to know, I used to love. I'm seeing him happy and that's what matters the most, for me-as his fan.

"Baekyoong?" someone pushed the curtains aside, it was Jian. After seeing Baekhyun she shifted her gaze to me. "Y/n-ssi, you're awake." smiling, she walked closer to the other side of the bed.

When will I ever have any heart-fluttering moments with Baekhyun, with just the two of us? Where no one could interrupt? Ever since this girl appeared, every time there's a moment when I feel like I'm falling in love with Baekhyun again she'd show up out of nowhere. Jian would step in the picture and ruin the portrait of us. It's like she was brought back to Baekhyun's life so our story won't be written and will never be told.

"Ah, you dropped this by the way." she sneaks a hand in her pocket and pulled something out. It was my phone! "When you ran towards Baekhyun to save him, this fell from your pocket."

"Thanks." I reluctantly reached out my palm so she places my phone in there.

"I'll be the one to accompany Baekhyun in his remaining schedule for today. I hope you get enough rest." she looks at Baekhyun. "Shall we go, Kyoongie?"

"We'll get going." he didn't wait for me to respond and just twisted himself to leave with Jian. I watched how they disappeared behind the curtains while listening to my heart slowly losing its beat.

Liar. One disadvantage of Jian's return is that Baekhyun learned how to lie. He's surely not going to be accompanied to his next schedule because the only schedule he has for today is the photoshoot and nothing else after that.

"Hey, our hero of the day!" I lifted my gaze up and saw Doyeon approaching my bed while carrying loads of paper bags in her hands. The sight of her and the scent of food coming from what she brought made me feel comforted. "Why are you sulking? Is it Baekhyun?"

"He has been lying to me, ever since he bumped into that Jian girl." I rolled my eyes bitterly. "He didn't have any schedules and he agreed to be accompanied by her to his next activity for today. Such a liar." I make sure to point out that word and jutted my bottom lip for a childlike pout.

"Aish, that ungrateful brat. After saving him this is what he pays you?" Doyeon's hands slumped down on the both sides of her hips. "Nevermind him! I brought you foods so eat them first." she started rummaging through the paper bags and took each container of foods out of them

Yeah, nevermind him. I'm the one who agreed of letting him meet her anyway. At least he's not being rude and that's the most important thing here.

Night came. Doyeon had left to go home so I'm all alone now. I've been sitting on my bed while staring at my phone ringing and reading the caller's ID which was my Mom's. I didn't know what to tell her once I answer the call and I can't let her know that I'm staying at a hospital for a night. I don't want her and Dad to worry over their eldest daughter who should be independent at this age and can handle herself alone.

She must be so worried. I picked up my phone and swiped on the screen to answer her call. "Hey, Mom."

"It's late. Aren't you coming home? We've been waiting for you so we could have dinner together but everyone's hungry so we ate first."

I blew a good amount of air. "I will have to stay until tomorrow. Baekhyun's having a really late schedule and I'm needed in here. I'll be back first thing in the morning so please don't worry."

"What a shame. I made your favorite."

A silent sigh escapes from my lips. "I have to go now. Good night, Mom."

I could just pout after the call ended. My mom really had to make my favorite, hoping for me to come home and eat with them. Instead, I'm stuck here with no one but myself. Looking back, why do I have to stay for the IV? Not that I'm trying to be a doctor but something's not just clicking. I'm sure I was fine and can go back to work after resting for a bit but the doctor insisted that I should stay.

I can't leave my bed and my ridiculously huge room and I had nowhere to go. But I'm so bored and not even sleepy so I thought of calling someone, browsing through my contacts and see who can I call at a time like this.

Should I call Sehun? Chanyeol? I heard they're too busy for their comeback few days from now as teasers will start dropping this midnight. I guess that's a no. How about... Baekhyun?

We have something to talk about anyway so without having to think of it too much, I searched his contact name and immediately pressed the call button. While waiting for him to answer I thought of what to say and to keep the conversation long. It took few rings before he picked up.

"What?" his voice sounded annoyed as if he was disturbed while doing something important. Just like how he sounded all the time when he was at his rudest.

Ah, so you're going back to being rude after I saved your life? I took a deep breath before speaking. "Stop lying to me, Baek. You didn't have any schedule for today except the photoshoot. Where did you went with Jian?" I tried to sound angry as I could so he'd be intimidated even the slightest.

"Why would you care?"

"Huh?" I didn't saw it coming, my eyes blinked in confusion after that rude remark coming from the person that I thought have changed. "I... I was just worried! You have been going out with her every single day and that's not right! What if you two get into a dating rumor?"

"So what?"

"She just had her debut!" raising my voice seemed to exhaust me when I found myself panting. "You think I was worried for you?" well, I really am and I thought you wouldn't appreciate it so I'm keeping it to myself. That's what I really wanted to say but kept my mouth shut instead.

A long pause from the other line, I held on my phone tight expecting for him to say something, but I only heard the sound that he had ended the call without any word. I suddenly felt my heart stinging.

What's happening with him? Before leaving me he was worried and was thoughtful enough to buy me something for my problem and then after hours he's going back to being rude? I clearly haven't done anything wrong since I've been in my hospital room and never thought of bothering him right after he turned his back to leave.

Whatever, I rolled my eyes and was about to throw my phone back on the nightstand when it rang. I pulled it back and saw that an unknown number called. I was kinda reluctant to answer since the number was unfamiliar but I still did and shyly greeted the caller. "Hello?"

"Y/n, it's Lee Sooman."

I gasped and even though he wouldn't see, I still did a little bow. "Good evening, Sir."

"I just wanted to ask why is Baekhyun's future activities leaking online? It's all over twitter."

My lips parted, eyes blinking rapidly. "What? I mean, let me check."

I quickly pressed the twitter app and searched for Baekhyun's name. I impatiently scrolled once the results showed up and the first few tweets were saying to report the account of who posted the leaked activities, showing some screenshots of the said account. Finally after few scrolls, the tweet showed up.

"Wait, these future activities were all true?" I asked while scrolling further down. The account was newly made, three days ago according to its profile. If only I wasn't Baekhyun's manager right now, I'm surely be jumping in happiness to the amount of contents I'm getting. And is that collaboration with Kyungsoo?!

I must've forgotten that the call is still on-going until Sooman spoke, "Those are true and some of them are scheduled to happen next week." I heard Sooman sigh from the other line. "I told Baekhyun about it first and he said that you might be the reason why they're leaking since you handle his schedule."

"What?!" was the only word I could say as I was speechless. "I don't even know he will have such activities." my voice trailed off sadly.

I feel... betrayed? Disappointed? Angry? I really don't know. After saving him from harm, this is what he repays me? He really accused me of leaking his future activities when I only handle the schedules when are those activities going to happen. I may be the kind of fan who'd instantly share the updates I get but I'll never share these kinds of information, I know what is allowed to share and what's not.

"The account of the one who posted his activities is newly made. It will be hard for the leaked activities to look legit." I breathed out to calm myself down. "I will talk to him tomorrow. Who knows if he talked about his activities to someone." my eyes rolled to the side out of pure annoyance.

----

I stepped out of the bathroom after changing and beamed at Sehun sitting on the bed. "Thanks for lending me your clothes, Bbiyak Bbiyak. I really just don't want to go to work without washing myself and changing my clothes." I giggled while my palms ran across Sehun's ridiculously huge hoodie I'm wearing. "I will make sure to wash this very well before returning it back to you."

"You can have it." he shrugged and jumps off the bed. "I outgrew that thing anyway."

I pursed my lips to restrain myself from squealing. Oh Sehun of EXO-SC just gave me his hoodie! How can he outgrew this one when it's so huge and he just got this for his birthday a year ago? He suck at lying LOL. Sehun just wanted me to have it-did he find out I'm actually a fan? And he gave his hoodie knowing that I'd like it? He's good at fan servicing and that makes sense! Am I busted?

"Do you really have to go to work right after discharging?"

I looked down and pouted. "I have a lot of things to settle with Baekhyun."

Not sure with it or I'm just seeing things but Sehun's expression turned bitter after I answered. He even rolled his eyes a bit before saying, "You can rest first, Tiny."

Casting my gaze back at his face, I whined, "But I've rested enough."

He had no choice but to take me with him. Sehun and I went to SM together while I couldn't help but fangirl inside my mind as I tensed on my seat. First, he gave me his hoodie and now I'm literally sitting right beside him in his utterly expensive car! It's too much for me to handle and I actually still can't believe we're friends.

We arrived at the entertainment building and immediately made our way to the conference room where Baekhyun is currently at according to Sehun.

"Oh, right!" Sehun came into a halt and snapped his fingers. "I forgot about it, I have something to tell you. Wait for me outside the conference room I just have to get something back in my car." and he ran back without waiting for my response.

And so I continued on my way. Just in time after I reached the door of the conference room, a bunch of unfamiliar people emerges. I lowered my head to bow as soon as they say me.

"You must be Baekhyun's manager." one of them reached out a hand to me so I took it and shook our hand. "We're the producers of the new reality show Baekhyun will participate in." she added.

"I heard about that," I tried to crack a smile for them. "I'm sorry for missing the meeting."

"It's fine. There will be another meeting to finalize the concept, we'll just get back to you to discuss about the filming schedules."

Once they left, I proceeded to stand in front of the conference room, feeling nervous of what I'm about to see. It's just Baekhyun, but thinking about how we talked last night made me feel this way. Should I walk in looking offended that he hang up on me or sadly so he'd feel sorry for being rude? My hand rested on the knob, I breathed out.

I opened the door and stepped into the room with my chin held high. Baekhyun, seated on the end of the long table, immediately caught my attention. From his phone screen, he lifted his eyes only to look at me as if I'm the most annoying person to ever exist.

Standing at the other end, I slammed a palm on the table. "Okay, now tell me what have I done?"

He stood up. "Save those. Can I just live peacefully without hearing you complain about everything I do?"

"How can I not complain when you're being like this?! I haven't done anything to you since you left the hospital! We were fine then you're suddenly back to square one?" I scoffed, "I'm not going to pull the I-saved-you-you-should-be-good-to-me card because I don't want to make you feel guilty. I just want to know what I did so I could fix it. I can't handle having to work with someone who's constantly being rude for no reason-"

"Then leave." my eyes blinked, whole body frozen right in front of him. "If you can't work with me, leave. Is that hard?"

I was caught off-guard, I didn't know how to respond to that. Good thing someone knocked on the door and opened it. The person was from the group of people from earlier, he peeked a head and said, "Manager-nim, we have something to talk about for few seconds."

My eyes never met Baekhyun's as I walked out of the room and was greeted by the same group. "What is it?"

The woman from earlier answered, "I almost forgot, since this reality show won't be for Baekhyun only and will be with different artists under SM and other entertainment. We've chosen the idols who'll be participating and you as the manager will have to be connected with the managers of these idols," she handed a folder to me, so I accepted it. "Enclosed with their names are the contact numbers of their managers. You guys should discuss your idols' schedules so we can decide when the filming will happen since this is not an ordinary reality show and is time consuming."

Few discussions after, they all left me scanning the paper of contact numbers inside the folder. I've been with SeChan for so many times but I never saw their managers with them, and also Lay's. I should save their numbers and talk to them sometimes, that way I won't feel like I'm the only manager of an idol existing in SM.

I tapped on the pocket of the hoodie. My eyes widened when I can't feel my phone inside of it. Where is it? Panicking, I asked myself and continued checking the pockets I could find on the clothes I'm wearing.

But then I remembered from earlier that I didn't really slammed my palm on the table but my phone beneath it instead. I felt relieved and proceeded to go back inside the conference room. As soon as the door opened, I saw Baekhyun on the side of the table where I was earlier while holding my ringing phone. He was staring down on the screen with disbelief visible on his face.

He shifted his eyes to look at me. "Barkhyun?" then he moves the phone so I could see the screen, displayed on it is an unanswered call coming from him and his contact name 'Barkhyun' flashing brightly. "What kind of lame contact name is this? As lame as you."

"Do you know why is it Barkhyun?" I folded my arms across my chest and pulled one side of my lips for a small smirk. "It's Barkhyun because all you do is bark, bark, and bark! You complain every time you see me when I've done nothing wrong."

He looked obviously offended by that, slightly narrowed eyes twitching as he thought of what to respond. "Then leave! I don't want someone who'd leak my activities like you did." he fired back, pointed a finger at me. "You don't want to hear me 'barking' then quit-"

"I was about to!" my breathing started to get heavy that I found myself panting after cutting him off by raising my voice. "If you hadn't overslept and be mindless about your schedule I could've been spared from being with you! I didn't have to stay in the hospital for a night after fainting because I lack sleep thinking what I've done wrong to deserve such treatment from you!" fists clenching on my sides, I kept my blazing eyes on him, observing how he seemed unfazed at all.

"And for the record, it's Lee Sooman who hired me to be your manager. So unless he says he doesn't want me here, I'm staying. Not because I care for you and I want you to accordingly follow your schedules, but because of the salary." I paused to breathe. "So be rude however you like and go out with Jian until you get into a scandal. I won't care because I still get paid that's more than enough to buy what I needed and wanted in life."

When I promised myself to get my heart out of my job, I mean it. As I blurted out those words out of pure anger, I didn't even feel sorry for him. If my way of getting through this job is getting rid of my love for Baekhyun, I would have to do that. Being soft and easy for him only makes me vulnerable and helpless, it breaks my heart every damn time, I have to stand up for myself too. Everything is not just about him.

I sent one last glare at him before turning around and stomp my way out of the conference room, immediately catching Sehun peeking from the crack of the door that was left slightly opened.

He jumped back a bit. "I happen to- I'm really sorry for eavesdropping, I was curious because I heard screams while approaching the room." he curls his lips for an awkward smile while scratching his nape.

An exasperated sigh escapes from me. "It's fine." I did a little gesture so we could leave that place and walked off first. Sehun trailed behind me quietly.

I was too angry to open my mouth and talk, not until I realized that it's making Sehun feel awkward so I looked behind him and smiled. "It's not supposed to be new seeing us fight."

He skips to catch up with my steps. "It's not new seeing you two fight by insulting each other but that one seems more serious." nodding his head, he continued, "You fought like a married couple regretting you married each other."

That made me laugh, the anger from the fight earlier slowly subsiding. When my laughter died, I was reminded of what Sehun wanted to tell me. "You said you have something to tell me?"

"Ah," he shows his hand that he had been hiding behind him. In his hands was a card. "I was invited to a costume party held by JM Entertainment to celebrate its fifth anniversary."

"JM Entertainment? You mean where Kyungsoo's entertainment?"

Sehun nods. "Yup."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Well... I received a invitation with plus one so I had to bring someone." Sehun's cheek slowly turned pink and his eyes refused to meet mine.

"But what about Chanyeol?"

"This is why I think there's a mistake when Junmyeon hyung handed the invitation! Chanyeol had one but for himself only while I got a plus one." he jutted his bottom lip for a pout after whining. "It's been settled so please go with me, Y/n."

"So I'm not Tiny now?"

He giggles, "Yes, only if you agree to be my plus one."

"Okay, deal." I held a fist to him so he responded by bumping his own one against it. "I'm not Tiny anymore but you're still a Bbiyak Bbiyak!" I stuck a tongue out to tease him childishly and ran away from him as fast as I could, just so he can't tease me back.

At least Sehun had lifted up my mood which totally made me forgot that I was blazing angry earlier.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

173K 9.8K 67
Luhan begins working for a publishing company where his boss is a complete ass to everyone. He would Luhan as much work as he could to be finished in...
6.7K 334 34
A alternate universe where all idols have dating accounts with a celebrity dating website. How would Y/N react when she find out that the person she...
2.7K 140 2
Baekhyun x Reader Doctor AU Your poor health had with time sucked out every bit of your lively personality, leaving you completely exhausted of livin...
346K 11.5K 63
How can a person who doesn't like having guests or anyone to take care of, suddenly needs to handle a wanted, important, childish, universal star? Wi...