The 'Bot to my Spark

By jessetheautobot

||ENDED|| Thank you guys so much for reading my cringe! I owe it to all of you ^^ !!WARNING!! If you are belo... More

Intro
Adoption
The Rescue Bots
Camping Trip
Overprotective Bumblebee
Burglaries
The 'Deception'
Dani
Friends or something else?
Kidnapped
Cooperation
The Book
Controlled
Team Prime
Snow Day
Surprises
18 - Miku
19 - Heatwave
Unfortunate news...
The Velgrox
Decision

Collapsing Building

168 2 2
By jessetheautobot

  "As I said, I can teach you if you're not that hot-headed every time I try to tell you something is off," I said as I dodged one of Heatwave's punches.

  I crouched down and took his leg up. Without warning, I slammed him into another wall, for the tenth time. "Relax, I can teach you," I said as I walked up to him again for the twentieth time. "Well, it kinda lowers my pride if I keep losing to you," he grunted as he struggles to get up. I laughed. "I topped the previous warrior back at home and as a bonus, I am a sparkling of a Prime. No offense," I said. "None taken. But fine, I'll let you train me if you win this one last sparring match," he said, standing up. "It's best to not spar anymore. You're going to be injured if I land another punch or slam you on somewhere else," I said. "You are that strong?" He asked. I nodded, "Sometimes, I can't even control my strength."

  When we got back up to street level, we found a rather interesting scene: three Rescue Bots surrounding a crib; Cody looking inside a huge bag of equipment; a crying noise. You're kidding me.

  "Guys, what is going on?" I asked, transforming into my human form.

  "It's a robo-baby!" Cody exclaimed.

  Heatwave and I gave them a confused look. They smiled and passed the baby to me.

  "Let's see how good you guys are at being parents," Blades smiled cheekily.

  I gulped. Them, too? "Where did you get it?" I asked Cody.

  "Doc Greene asked me to take care of it," he crossed his arms.

  I stared into the baby's eyes... or optics. Whatever it is, it is really cute! I can't take my eyes off of it! So adorable...

  "It's just a sparkless machine," Heatwave scoffed.

  I glared into his optics. "I dare you to say that again, Heats."

  He immediately avoided eye contact.

  I turned to the baby. It seemed to have stopped crying the moment I was holding it in my arms. It looked at me with its sparkly eyes. Suddenly, it began to cry. I ran to the huge bag Cody was rummaging through earlier to get out a baby bottle of milk. However, I couldn't find any.

  "Cody, does your family still keep your baby bottle?" I asked, passing the baby to Heatwave.

  "I think they do," he said as he ran inside.

  "Blades, go to the roof and be in your copter-mode," I instructed.

  "What for?" He asked.

  "You do know the mobile on baby cribs, right? The spinny things. Your rotors look like them. I bet that the baby can calm down if it sees that," I said.

  We went up on the roof with Cody following behind. "There's no milk powder?" I asked. Cody shook his head. "Hold it, I'll see you in five," I said, passing Cody the baby. I jumped down from the roof and took my bike.

  After my trip to the mall, I quickly ran up to the roof to take the baby bottle. "Give me three minutes guys," I said as I rushed to the kitchen to make the baby milk.

  I ran back up just in time. "Cody, where's the baby?" I asked. "With Heatwave. I think he's playing with it," he whispered. I ran to Heatwave. He passed me the baby. "That was quick," he said. "My mother always asks me to babysit my brother, of course, I would be like this," I said as I fed the baby. I felt an urge from the baby that it might vomit any moment. In a quick flash, I pulled the baby away from me and let it spew down the roof, conveniently where Kade just passed by.

  Blades's rotors made the baby sleepy. I sat down on the couch watching it sleep. "Be quiet, guys. Let it nap for about two to four hours. We'll have to wake it up later for another feeding time," I said. "How did taking care of Bumblebee help make you become so motherly?" Cody asked. "Bee is my world, I would do anything just to make sure he is alright," I said. "Young Bumblebee does sound very careless at times," Blades muttered.

Heatwave's POV

  Everybot is fussing around about a sparkless machine. It may look cute, but I don't want to be involved. When I stepped, the baby cried. That noise, I hate it.

  "Heats!" I heard Miku call out. I turned around. "I need you to calm the baby down. I have to go find another milk formula for the baby," she instructed. I groaned as she passed the baby to me. "Its heart rate is the calmest I've seen," said Boulder who is referring to the baby monitor, "It must like you, Heatwave." I rolled my optics. How can a sparkless machine feel? When I looked at the baby again, it has fallen asleep. That's... adorable.

  I was jostled awake by someone shaking me. I opened my optics. "Hey," Miku greeted me with a cheeky smile. "The baby fell asleep. I thought about watching it and-" I got cut off. Typical Miku. "I have a few photos of you recharging with the baby~" she mocked, "I dare you to call it a sparkless machine again." I groaned. She took the baby from me and placed it into its crib. "I'll get the milk ready for later. Meanwhile, I could probably teach you guys how to warm the milk up," Miku told us as she walked to the sink.

  Just when I was about to invite Boulder to a game of Cybertronian chess, the baby screamed. "Where's Cody?" Miku asked, "Isn't he supposed to be on diaper duty?" "Cody and Frankie are at the park," Boulder replied. "Heatwave, can you assist me?" Miku asked me. I gulped. I know how smelly a full diaper can be. Reluctantly, I agreed.

  "Just entertain the baby while I change the diaper," Miku instructed.

  I looked at the baby with a disgusted expression. This guy stinks more than a month of food scrap! The baby was looking at me with... such an adorable face...

  "I'm done, you wanna play with it?" Miku declared. I didn't respond on purpose, that thing may be sparkless but it definitely got my attention. The baby finds its way on my right servo and held tight, making adorable baby sounds. I slowly lift it up, carefully not to drop it and walked back to the bots.

  "Somebot just turned all softie right here," I could hear Miku snort.

  "Shut up, it's just a... sparkless machine," I muttered.

  "You have to admit it Heatwave, it is rather adorable," Chase admitted.

Miku's POV

I chuckled. This little discussion between the bots are kind of cute. Suddenly, the baby began crying again, just in time for Cody and Frankie to return. I gave the baby to Heatwave and greeted the two.

  Before I could say a word to Cody, the baby calmed down and fell asleep in Heatwave's arms. So adorable. "Time to start the timer," I told Boulder. He nodded and turned on my phone to set the timer to 3 hours. "According to some videos I've watched online, we should be okay for now. Refrain from waking the baby up, or else-" The alarm blared. Heatwave quickly covered the baby's ears... or audio receptors... whichever it is.

  Cody offered to take over babysitting so that we could get to the emergency. "Hotel close to collapsing. Most guests have already been evacuated. However, a few school students are still stuck in the building," Chief Burns declared. I decided to stay in my human form since this rescue does require more of human work than heavy machinery.

  Ambulances were stationed. Paramedics helping the casualties. Mothers in cars crying and sobbing. Bits of the building is beginning to collapse. "Boulder! A pillar is loose. Can you be the temporary one?" Graham asked. They proceeded inside. I got off Heatwave and ran into the building. According to motion sensors and sound waves, the students are together in the basement. The foundation was about to slip off, which is why Chief Burns, Chase and Blades are backing the people off. Kade and Heatwave came with me. "They're at the same place - the basement," I said calmly. "Foundation is slipping off, it's too dangerous," Heatwave said. "So what do we do?" Kade asks. I looked directly below us, exactly where the kids are. Through my visor I could see smoke and a huge fire that was somehow just there.

  "Miku, the building is becoming more unstable. We have no choice but to leave the students," Chief told me in the com link. What?! No way. "Dad, we'll get them out, no matter what," Kade replied. "No time, Boulder can't handle the weight," Chief called out. I shut off my com link. Heatwave knew what was going through my mind. "Miku, NO! You can't-" I cut Heatwave off. I quickly teleported to the basement. There they are - 3 kids together knocked out from the huge smoke. I made sure their hands were linking together so I could teleport back up to Heatwave and Kade. This may drain my power energy levels drastically, but I know that I'm doing the right thing. Here I go.

  I woke up inside Heatwave. We were on our way back to the firehouse. The three students have already went to the hospital for a checkup. When I tried to sit up, pain rushed to my legs. I grunted in pain. "Miku, relax. You hurt your legs from trying to carry three kids at one go," Heatwave told me. "I'd say those three are quite chubby," Kade snorted. "Ratchet's coming to help you," Heatwave said, ignoring Kade. "Hey, I'm fine. I have auto-healing, remember?" I chuckled slightly. In a matter of seconds, I was myself again, just a little tired.

  When we got to the bunker, we find Cody trying to stop the baby from touching the switches and the electrical appliances, including the electric socket in my room. Frankie was busy trying to seal up every socket but the baby got its finger into one, almost anyway. I picked the baby up and coaxed it to laughter. "I think the baby likes your tail, Miku," Cody said as he sat on the couch as if he just returned from a day's hike. "I think I got all of the sockets," Frankie said as she sat on the couch still panting. Just in time, my phone rang. "That's just 3 hours? Wow," I said as I walked to the fridge to get another bottle of milk that I prepared beforehand.

  After sleeping (or recharging, I'm mixing up my terms) for about half an hour, the baby became hyperactive and wanted to hang out with all the bots. I could tell from the interaction that the baby's favourite is Heatwave. When it managed to climb onto Heatwave's servo, it decided to speak. "Daddy!" It exclaimed. The whole firehouse was filled with "awww". Heatwave scoffed, pretending to not notice but after a while, his Spark melted. Suddenly, the baby crawled to me and hugged my leg, screaming "Mummy!" for Primus knows how many times. Heatwave and I looked at each other. I picked up the baby and helped it stand. It looked at me with a curious expression. I smiled. I held up its hands and put its legs on top of mine and taught it how to walk.

  I didn't know what came into me but I remembered reading the owner's manual stating that the baby can be taught how to walk. In a few moments, the baby could walk on its own! "Walk to daddy!" I exclaimed. It gave me a happy noise and walked eagerly to Heatwave. That's adorable.

  A week into taking care of the robo-baby, Doc decided to take it back for collection of data then send it to another household for another test. It was hard to let go of the baby. When we returned the baby to Doc, I could see Heatwave nearly leaking his optics.

Cranky head here just became a softie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 268 43
Book 3 of Forever Series Julie finds herself in a new place once again, except instead of a different world, it happens to be the same one from befor...
21K 501 18
UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION Roses. Quickshadow had always found those flowers beautiful; and they were so intricate, layer upon layer of petals. She kn...
14.4K 398 17
A rescue bot named Heatwave finds himself wondering through the nearby forest only to stumble across a fox. But this is no ordinary fox. This fox is...
2.8K 120 11
After being kidnapped by her own sire, Silverdust has to find a way to escape. It takes 5 long years for her to finally find someone who can help her...