The Ice King 2 | Vkook

Per casuallyreading

The ice king has finally broken out of his shell. Everything should be plain sailing now. Right? The sequel... Més

*:..。o○ Introduction ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 2 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 3 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 4 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 5 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 6 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 7 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 8 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 9 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 10 ○o。..:*
*:..。o○ 11 ○o。..:*

*:..。o○ 1 ○o。..:*

5.2K 246 101
Per casuallyreading

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
A family dinner to remember
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

Taehyung had to get this jump right, he'd been trying it all day and it was frustrating him to no end that he just couldn't right. It was right at the end of his routine as well.
He skated as fast as he could across the ice then swung his foot backwards then forwards to give him momentum into the jump. He counted his rotations, he needed to get 4, he didn't care if he fell he just wanted to complete his rotations.
1......2.....3......1 more to go.......
"Taehyung!" someone shouted making Taehyung break his concentration and he fell hard onto the ice.

He groaned as he stood up from the ice.
Jungkook stood at the railing around the ice "Sorry" he said a goofy smile on his face.
Taehyung skated over to him "please never call on me in the middle of a jump again" he sighed.
"I didn't mean it" Jungkook said, his smile dropping and immediately Taehyung felt bad.
"I'm sorry, it's just been a long day and I still can't get this one jump"
"I'm afraid your day's not going to get any better"
"Why?" Taehyung whined not even wanting to hear the next words out of Jungkook's mouth.
"Jin called me, we've got to go to dinner with your family tonight"

Taehyung leaned against the railing and fake cried "why can't we just go home and watch a movie or something?"
"Come on Taehyung, he's not as bad as he used to be" Jungkook reasoned.
Taehyung glared up at him "that is no consolation to me"
Jungkook chuckled and reached out a hand to caress the other's cheek "it'll be fine. Besides, Jin and Namjoon will be there"
Taehyung fake gagged "I don't know if I can deal with all the PDA of those two"
"Stop being such a drama queen now come on we need to go get ready"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

They took a taxi to their apartment. Yes, their apartment. They had finally moved in together and were finding it a lot easier than they'd expected.
"Should I wear this or this?" Jungkook asked Taehyung holding the up two very similar looking suits.
Taehyung lazily looked up at him from the bed which he was lounging on "you could just wear nothing and we could stay here a bit longer" he smirked mischievously.
Jungkook rolled his eyes at him "stop trying to get out of it. Go get ready"

Taehyung thrashed about the bed like a petulant toddler "I don't want to"
"Don't make me dress you"
Taehyung pouted at him as he slowly got up off the bed and sauntered to the wardrobe.
Taehyung groaned "Kook, I have no clothes"
"You're kidding me right? Your clothes take up the majority of the wardrobe I have no space in there" Jungkook laughed.
Taehyung just rolled his eyes and grabbed a random suit out of the wardrobe and shoved it on not bothering to make sure it looked right or that he was presentable.

They took a taxi to Il-sung's house since it was across the city from their new apartment. The entire ride there Taehyung was nervously biting his nails, there must be some reason that Il-sung was calling them all to dinner this wasn't a regular occasion especially since Jin and Namjoon would also be there. Jungkook settled his hand on Taehyung's leg to try to comfort him before they got there.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Martha opened the door for them but her usual happy and cheery demeanour wasn't there to greet them. Her face was stern and serious and that did not help how nauseous Taehyung was already feeling. Martha took them without a word to a sitting room next to the dining room where Taehyung's father was waiting for them.
"Hello father" Taehyung greeted politely.
Jungkook bowed and greeted him as well.
Il-sung smiled stiffly at them both "it's nice to see you both, how is the new apartment?"
"It's very nice" Taehyung answered as they sat down on a sofa across from Il-sung.
"Good, I must visit sometime"

Then there was silence. The three of them awkwardly sat there in silence with the only noise around them the ticking from a small clock on the mantelpiece which made the time seem to pass slower.

Eventually they heard Jin's cheery voice chatting away to Namjoon. He burst in the room and greeted them all with a smile.
"I hope dinner will be soon father" Jin said excitedly "I am so hungry"
"It will be soon, be patient Seokjin" Il-sung answered.
"I would be patient but I'm so ridiculously famished that I am about to waste away to nothing"
Taehyung sniggered at that and immediately got an elbow in his side and a glare from Jin.

"Dinners prepared" Martha informed them a few moments later to Jin's delight as he seemed to almost skip out of the room.
They all sat at the long table, with Il-sung at the head of the table and the couples on either side.
Conversation flowed thanks to Jin who was apparently in a particularly talkative mood this night. Taehyung could tell that Jin was just as nervous as he was Jin always talked a lot when he was nervous about anything. Though jokes were cracked and there was no raised voices, the tension in the room was thick.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Three courses of dinner came and went and yet Il-sung had not yet broached the subject of why they were having this dinner until all the plates were cleared and they were all sitting comfortably in their chairs. He stood up, gaining everyone's attention.
"I have something I must tell you all" he announced "and you're not going to like it"
Taehyung took a deep breath trying to prepare himself for whatever was going to come next.

"I have been lying to you both" Il-sung continued no addressing Jin and Taehyung.
"That's not a surprise" Taehyung muttered under his breath just loud enough for only Jungkook to hear.
"But I now must come clean so future events do not cause more hurt and confusion so I will tell you now"
"Stop stalling" Taehyung said getting irritated with all this pointless chatter.

"It's about your mother" Il-sung sighed and that got both Jin and Taehyung on the edge of their seats both staring up at him with wide eyes. Il-sung never talked of their mother no matter what.
"I haven't told you all the truth about how she died. I told you both the day the police came to our door that she was in a car crash. This was a lie, I told you that so that it wouldn't cause you more hurt. I was never going to tell you the truth because I never thought it important but now the case has opened back up into her death I must tell you that she was murdered"

The silence that followed that statement was deafening. No one spoke. Taehyung stared down at the table making sure not to make eye contact with anyone. Jin stared up at his father, his mouth open in shock. Namjoon reached out a hand to hold Jin's and Jungkook just sat there quietly not knowing what to do. Suddenly Taehyung stood up catching everyone's attention "I'm sorry, I must excuse myself. I've forgotten my medication in my coat" he said before walking out. They all watched him out but when the door closed behind him the room returned to the stunned silence they were previously in.

"I better go check on him" Jungkook whispered even though his words were heard with ease with how quiet the room had become. He got up and followed where Taehyung went. He found Taehyung in the sitting room they had went into before dinner, surprisingly doing exactly what he said he was going to do and taking his medication.
"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked softly.
Taehyung nodded "I will be, it's just a bit of a shock"
"Are you angry?"
"No, I understand why he did it. I was 8 when she died I don't know how I would've dealt with it"
"Do you need a hug?" Jungkook walked over to him as Taehyung nodded and hugged Jungkook tightly.

After a few moments, Taehyung took a deep breath and let go of Jungkook "thanks I needed that"
Jungkook smiled sweetly at him "anytime"
"We better get back" Taehyung said and Jungkook nodded in agreement. The room wasn't silent by the time they got back Jin and Il-sung were in a screaming match with each other.
"How could you not have told me?!" Jin shouted, pointing an angry finger at Il-sung who had his hands up in surrender.
"I'm sorry! I thought I was protecting you!" Il-sung tried to reason.
"Protecting me?! You didn't think I deserved to know what happened to my mother?!" Jin shouted while Namjoon sat beside him seemingly in shock at his boyfriend's reaction.

"Jin" Taehyung called calmly after Jin had shouted for a bit longer in attempt to try to calm him down. Jin glared over at his little brother who was laid back on his chair with his arms folded.
"How can you be so calm about this?! Oh yeah I forgot you're so fucking heartless that you don't even fucking care" Jin shouted at him. There was a moment of silence before Jin spoke again "your more like dad than I thought" he said "Namjoon, let's go"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Namjoon got up from his seat, happy to get out of this extremely uncomfortable situation. He didn't really know any of Jin's family that well so to be thrust into such a big argument straight off it was a bit unnerving. He followed Jin out to the car and insisted that he drive home as Jin was way too angry to be driving. The drive home was silent as Namjoon didn't dare broach the subject with Jin until he seemed more ready to talk about it. Namjoon drove to Jin's apartment to drop him off.
"Are you not going to come in?" Jin asked when Namjoon didn't get out of the car.
"Do you want me to?"
Jin sighed "I'm not angry at you okay. I'm angry at my dick of a father and my cold hearted brother"
"I'll come in" Namjoon said getting out and locking the car before following Jin up to his apartment.

"I don't think Taehyung's cold hearted" Namjoon reasoned when they were comfortably sitting down.
"You don't know him like I do"
"Maybe not" Namjoon shrugged "but I've seen him with Jungkook"
"What sort of person doesn't give a shit about their own mother's death? She cared for us way more than my father did yet he can't be bothered giving two thoughts to her" Jin ranted.
Namjoon put his arm around Jin and held him close "you need to talk to him, get his side. Taehyung seems really closed off with his feelings whereas you wear your heart on your sleeve. You struggle to see each other's points of view because you're so different and that's okay but you need to talk about it or you'll never understand"
Jin groaned "I hate when you start making sense"
Namjoon just chuckled.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jungkook asked for about the 10th time that night.
Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked over to Jungkook putting his hands firmly on his shoulders.
"Yes Jungkook for the millionth time I am okay. You don't need to ask me if I'm okay every second of the day I will tell you if I'm not okay. Okay?" Taehyung told him a little smile on his face.
"You promise?"
Taehyung nodded.
Jungkook returned his smile.

"I wonder what my dad meant though by the case is reopened? Does that mean they didn't solve it? Or did they think they solved it? Or did they find more evidence and if so where? I have so many questions" Taehyung wondered.
"It is all very confusing" Jungkook agreed.
Taehyung sighed "this is why they say that ignorance is bliss. When I didn't know this I didn't have to worry about it"
"But isn't it better to know the truth"
Taehyung shrugged "I'm not sure yet. I think I would've rathered living my entire life thinking she died in a car crash but I guess the truth always comes out eventually. I would've found out one way or another. I'm glad it's now, I feel like I'm in a good place to deal with it now. I don't know what I would've done if I'd been told this a couple years ago"

Jungkook smiled widely at him "I'm proud of you"
Taehyung looked up at him a confused look on his face "why?"
"You just voluntarily told me what you're thinking, what you're feeling and I didn't have to drag it out of you"
"I guess you're right"

We're back baby. I'm excited for this book, I missed these characters so much.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

113K 4.4K 100
SEQUEL TO "Just One Chance" (COMPLETED 5/1/2020) Warning: very triggering topics The gang are all in their Spring semester of their Senior year now...
217K 18.3K 60
A dedicated and passionate patissier could have never imagined his soft delicate hands would come across as the embodiment of rough and tough in the...
5.8K 207 18
Save the kingdom or watch it fall. Finished:February 16th,2020
1.1M 34.6K 114
where kim taehyung and jeon jeongguk have never heard of each other, but fate (aka hoseok) has other plans for them TAEKOOK INSTAGRAM AU - Short chap...