Paradox [Blue Exorcist x Male...

Av banco00

He enrolled at True Cross Academy, holding that gun tight in his grip with one goal in mind: become an exorci... Mer

Bio
Reference Sheet
Fleeting Scarlet
True Cross Academy
A Newfound Rivalry
Ambition
Kitchen Nightmares
Flor
Scars and Sunrise
Hellfire
Sky Splitting Sword
Sea Black as Ink
Demon of the Deep
Snake in the Class
Preying Serpent
Comfort by the Campfire
Lantern Hunting
Malicious Moths and Baneful Baal
Azure Inferno
An Angel's Contract
A/n: Going Forward
Evergrowing Rifts
Memories of Nihility
Emerald Enigmas
Drunken Musings
All Will Return

Insecurity

1.5K 73 18
Av banco00

[Y/n] sat on the front steps of the abandoned boys' dorms with Rin and Yukio, waiting for the rest of the class to show up for the boot camp. [Y/n] and Rin were dressed in their casual clothes while Yukio opted to wear his uniform. As they waited, [Y/n]'s mind flashed through the events of the last few days, almost all of which revolved around Shiemi running around for Kamiki like her personal servant. The poor girl was oblivious to the fact that she was being used like a maid. [Y/n] was seriously considering stepping into the situation. And he could tell that Rin was too.

"So why are we having boot camp at our dorm anyway?" Rin asked, pulling [Y/n] from his thoughts as both he and Yukio turned toward the navy-haired male.

"It's convenient and, besides, we're the only ones living here, so we won't be disturbing anyone." Yukio explained, taking a glance up at the old building before turning back to his brother. "It's going to be fine." He assured and Rin just nodded, not even bothered enough to argue with him. The sound of approaching footsteps pulled their attention toward the eight students that were stood before them, waking up at the old building. [Y/n] noticed that the rest of them were all dressed in their uniforms like Yukio. Well, everyone except Shiemi, because she didn't have a uniform, and Yamada, because when didn't he ever take that hoodie off?

"Good morning. Your class has arrived." Shima greeted, waving at Yukio while the others were still focused on the appearance of the dorms.

"Good morning, everyone." Yukio replied, stepping off of the stairs and moving toward the students while [Y/n] and Rin stayed sitting where they were.

"Seriously?" Bon asked, sounding almost offended as he looked up at the dorms. "This thing looks like something out of a horror movie." He complained and Koneko nervously nodded in agreement as he surveyed the surrounding area.

"Wow. It's so creepy and ugly." Kamiki added, shuddering at the thought of even stepping inside that building. "Was this the best place we could find to do this?" She asked, groaning quietly when Yukio shook his head. She let out a sigh before turning to Shiemi. "Oh, take it." She ordered, handing Shiemi her bag. The blonde girl happily took it, smiling widely. Paku seemed to be growing more and more uncomfortable with the way that Kamiki was treating Shiemi. He could tell that Rin was just as pissed off. Before either of them could even open their mouths to say something, Shima took a step toward them.

"Couldn't we use the library that you said you used to live in?" He asked, directing his question toward [Y/n]. Bon and Koneko stepped forward too, seemingly wondering the same thing. The [h/c]-haired male just stared at them with a deadpan expression.

"Do you want brain damage because you got hit in the head with an encyclopedia?" He asked in a monotone voice. The Kyoto Trio and the Okumura twins all sweatdropped at the question. It was silent for a moment until Shima awkwardly spoke up.

"No?" The pink-haired boy replied, unsure of how else to respond to that question.

"Then there's your answer." [Y/n] replied, shuddering at the very thought of holding the boot camp in Mabaa's little hellhole library. He appreciated what she had done for him. But he would never subject his friends to that abuse. He didn't want any of them getting permanent brain damage because they sneezed and disturbed the old hag's knitting. Yukio just stared at him for a moment, honestly wanting to meet this Mabaa woman to see if [Y/n]'s claims were true. He shook off the thought before turning back to the class.

"Let's head inside and get started." He ordered and the class nodded, looking him inside the building and up to one of the empty rooms.

~*~

"Times up!" Yukio exclaimed, causing everyone to simultaneously drop their pens. A chorus of relieved sighs and annoyed groans sounded through the room. "Turn your papers over and hand them in please." Yukio requested and everyone complied, turning over their tests and passing them to the front of the room.

"Thank god it's over!" Shima groaned, throwing his head back as he leaned back, stretching out his arms and back.

"That took forever." Koneko sighed, rubbing his sore hands in an attempt to soothe the cramps caused by holding his pen for so long. [Y/n] groaned as he stood up, stretching out his back.

"I'm going to go get some air." He announced before turning toward the door. Yukio nodded in understanding before turning to his brother, who was also getting to his feet.

"I'm going too." Rin announced as he slowly pushed himself to a standing position. [Y/n] could practically see the steam coming out of his head from how hard he had been working his brain. He chuckled as Rin slowly made his way to him, grabbing his sword and swinging it over his shoulder.

"I want everyone up by 6 am tomorrow." Yukio suddenly announced just as [Y/n] and Rin were about to leave the room. Both boys whipped their heads toward their teacher in shock, as did all of the other students. "That'll give us an hour before we start class to go over the answers to the test." Yukio explained while all of his students glared at him, silently cursing his decision.

"Demon. Sadist." Rin muttered out, staring at his younger twin brother with a betrayed look. [Y/n] shook his head, trying to forget he even heard that, before stepping out of the room with Rin right behind him.

"I've still got snacks and drinks in my room. Let's go." [Y/n] announced when Rin fully closed the door behind him. Rin's gloomy expression instantly disappeared as his face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Have I ever told you how much you mean to me?" He asked, his mouth already watering at the thought of food after that disgusting test. [Y/n] rolled his eyes as he turned on his heel and started walking toward his room with Rin hot on his heels. As they walked, [Y/n] absentmindedly played with the strap of Sema's case. "Thanks a lot for all your help by the way." Rin spoke up as they started to ascend the stairs toward their shared floor. [Y/n] raised an eyebrow in confusion as he turned to face Rin.

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused by the sudden gratitude. Rin awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

"I wouldn't have even been able to answer half of that test without all of the tutoring you've done." Rin explained, flashing [Y/n] one of his bright sharp-toothed smiles. "So thanks a bunch." He thanked, putting his hands behind his head as they walked. [Y/n] chuckled softly s they arrived at his room.

"No problem. You're the one who put in all the work anyway." He replied before opening the door and stepping inside. He quickly grabbed two cartons of juice and a couple of small snacks before closing the door behind him with his foot. Rin's eyes lit up when he saw the food and drinks. He happily sang his gratitude before sinking his teeth into one of the sweets and downing the whole juice box in one go. [Y/n] burst out laughing as he watched his friend's antics. As they both finished their snack break and binned the wrappers, they began walking back to the room where the others were. They chatted and joked as they walked, talking about whatever came to mind, until they spotted a certain blonde girl just standing in front of the door to one of the changing rooms. [Y/n]'s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Shiemi?" He called out, gaining the girl's attention. She visibly flinched when she heard his voice but kept her eyes locked on the ground beneath her feet. Now the two boys were worried. "What are you doing?" He asked, listening carefully as Shiemi let out a sharp breath.

"Just... going to get some fruit milk." Shiemi replied, everything about it sounding forced. As she turned to leave, Rin growled angrily and grabbed her wrist.

"Stop it." He ordered and Shiemi flinched, trying and failing to pull her hand away.

"Stop what?" She asked, her voice shaking as she spoke. Rin growled again as he stepped closer to her.

"Acting like her errand girl!" Rin snapped, shaking his head angrily as he spoke. Shiemi flinched slightly before shaking her head and pulling her hand away.

"I'm not her errand girl! I'm just helping out my friend!" Shiemi yelled, taking a step away from Rin and [Y/n]. [Y/n] could see small tears welling in her eyes. He had enough.

"You believe that? Do you honestly think that's what's going on?" [Y/n] asked, refusing to let this go on any longer. Shiemi's breath hitched as she felt her whole body go stiff. [Y/n] got even angrier when she didn't respond. "You know you don't!" [Y/n] snapped, watching the blonde as she stood in front of him, frozen in place while her eyes fixated on the floor beneath her feet.

"I..." Shiemi started, trailing off as she tried to think of the right words. Rin and [Y/n] stayed silent letting her take her time. Shiemi took a deep breath before trying again. "I'm tired of being the one who always needs help. Always hiding behind others." She explained, her voice cracking as she spoke. Both boys' gazes instantly softened as they watched their friend struggle to hold back her emotions. "I just want to..." She started, trailing off again before she gritted her teeth and balled her hands into fists. "To be strong enough to help someone out for a change!" She snapped, shaking her head as she yelled at the two shocked boys. "She is the first friend I've ever had in my whole life!" She cried, letting out all of her pent-up frustration in one go. That made [Y/n] raise his eyebrow in confusion. Her first friend? No, she wasn't. "You guys don't get it because you've both always been strong! You've always had friends!" Shiemi yelled before turning on her heel and trying to run in the opposite direction. She was quickly stopped when [Y/n]'s hand roughly grabbed her wrist. Shiemi flinched when she was stopped, trying and failing to free herself from [Y/n]'s grip. The [h/c]-haired male growled lowly while glaring at the blonde. Rin gulped nervously, worried by the serious look on [Y/n]'s face.

"Shiemi, I don't know who gave you that idea but I've never had any real friends until I came here." [Y/n] started, keeping his voice calm and steady. Shiemi and Rin went wide-eyed at the announcement. Rin just looked at his friend in shock while Shiemi slowly turned back to face him. "You, Rin, Bon, Koneko, Shima, Yukio. You're all the first real friends I've ever had." [Y/n] admitted, his hands trembling as he thought back to how much his life had changed in such a short time. He had never had actual friends before. None except for him. But after all this time could he truly count him? True Cross was incredible and he loved it. He compared his time with his classmates to his time with him and they were similar but they were also so very different. He shook off his internal thoughts, focusing back on the surprised girl in front of him. "But even so, I know that what Kamiki is making you do isn't her being your friend." He announced, giving Shiemi the most serious expression he could get across the fact that he meant what he was saying. Both Shiemi and Rin were silent for a moment, both of them trying to fully process what [Y/n] had just said. Once he got over the sudden outburst, Rin stepped forward.

"He's right." He spoke up, gaining Shiemi's attention as she turned to him with teary eyes. The two just stared at each other for a moment until Rin put his hands on his hips and sighed. "And what's this about her being your first friend? What? Are we chopped liver or something?" Rin asked, half-joking and half-meaning it. Shiemi gasped in shock as she quickly looked from Rin to [Y/n] and back, both of whom seemed to be waiting for her answer.

"N-No, I..." She stuttered out, trailing off as she tried to think of a way to describe how she was feeling. She did care about the boys but something about Kamiki was different. Maybe it was because she was a girl and the guys always looked so happy around the other guys. Maybe that's just what she wanted too. She shook her head as she finally arranged her thoughts. "I-" She was immediately cut off by the sound of bloodcurdling screams coming from inside the washroom. All three of them went wide-eyed as they whipped their heads toward the source of the screaming. "That sounds like Ms Kamiki and Ms Paku!" Shiemi panicked, worry instantly filling her mind. [Y/n] instantly let go of her wrist before sprinting straight toward the washroom, busting through the door without a second thought.

"Go tell Yukio!" Rin ordered before following [Y/n] through the door, leaving Shiemi alone in the hallway. Just as [Y/n] entered the room, he saw both of Kamiki's familiars turning to her with an angry glint in their eyes. [Y/n] acted instantly, pulling a summoning paper out of his pocket and cutting his palm with his nail.

"Son of the land, hound of Cuainn! Bare your fangs and sever fate!" [Y/n] chanted, summoning Flor, who, in an instant, lunged at the two foxes as they tried to attack their Tamer. They flew back with a growl before jumping back onto their feet. They tried to attack again but, this time, Rin jumped forward and punched them both before they could hit [Y/n]. As the foxes hit the floor, Rin whipped his head toward Kamiki, who fell to her knees. [Y/n] noticed that she was only wearing her underwear. Whatever happened must have caught her off guard.

"Tear up the paper!" Rin ordered frantically. The girl panicked for a moment before nodding and tearing both pieces of paper in half, causing both foxes to immediately vanish into thin air. Letting out a sigh of relief, [Y/n] slowly turned back toward the showers and paled at what he saw. A huge, three-headed and six-armed ghoul was growling at them, tilting its heads as blood dripped from one of its slashed-up faces. [Y/n] felt sick just looking at that disgusting thing.

"How the hell did a ghoul get in here?!" [Y/n] asked, alerting Rin of the real threat. [Y/n] gritted his teeth in frustration, realising that they were in more trouble than he first thought. "Both of you stay back!" [Y/n] ordered, throwing his case to the ground and watching it snap open. Both Rin and Kamiki nodded as they shifted back, watching as [Y/n] raised the weapon and took aim, preparing to shoot right where the demon's core should be. Just as he was about to pull the trigger, his eyes drifted downward before they shot open in panic. He paled at the sight. Paku was lying by the demon's legs, unconscious and severely injured by the ghoul's Temptaint. "Shit..." He breathed out, lowering the gun while glaring at the beast in front of him.

"What's wrong?" Rin asked worriedly, gritting his teeth when he watched [Y/n] lower Sema.

"At this range, I can't fire a precise shot." [Y/n] announced and the other two froze in shock. They both gawked at him, prepared to ask why, but he cut them off before he could. "When I use the sniper mode, I have to generate and fire a bigger blast that gets smaller after a couple of seconds and forms a beam as it progresses." He explained, watching the gears turn in their heads as they tried to figure out what he was implying. [Y/n] gulped before continuing, still staring down the ghoul in front of him. "If that thing was a few meters back, I'd be fine, but at this range..." He trailed off, letting them both draw the obvious conclusion. They were both silent for a second as the realisation hit.

"You'll hit Paku with a burst shot." Kamiki breathed out, shaking at the thought as her eyes fixated on her unconscious friend. Rin sneered in annoyance, trying to think of some way to save Paku without getting her or anyone else hurt.

"Flor can't attack it with her there either!" [Y/n] added filling the other two with even more dread. "That ghoul is at least a mid-level demon, likely even higher, and most of Flor's stronger attacks involve wide slashes or roars that deal damage in an area." He explained sweating as he tried to think. " Not to mention, this room is way too small for him to bulk up in without risking caving the ceiling in... And, if Flor gets too close..." He trailed off again, feeling the situation get more tense by the second.

"It'll use Paku as a shield." Rin sneered, getting more pissed off by the second.

"Rin! [Y/n]!" A familiar voice called out. The two boys and Kamiki all whipped their heads around as Shiemi quickly burst into the room. She was panting heavily until her eyes landed on Paku and her breathing hitched. "Paku!" She panicked before turning to [Y/n] and Rin with a worried expression. "You guys keep the ghoul busy! I'll take care of Ms Paku!" She announced and everyone was taken aback by her sudden plan. None of them responded for a couple of seconds and Shiemi huffed in exasperation. "C'mon! Don't just stand there!" She scolded, taking a couple of steps toward Paku while still being wary of the ghoul in front of her. [Y/n] shook off his shock before turning to Rin.

"If you can get the ghoul into the showers back there and get out of the way, I'll have a clear shot." [Y/n] explained, his hands tightening around Sema as he spoke. "Back him up for me!" [Y/n] ordered, turning to Flor who nodded confidently in reply.

"On it!" The demon agreed, moving to Rin's side as he prepared to pounce. Rin thought silently for a moment before he nodded with a determined look on his face.

"Right!" He agreed before taking the sword off his back and running straight for the ghoul with Flor right beside him. [Y/n] raised his gun toward the beast, preparing for his shot, but furrowed his eyebrows in confusion when he saw that Rin hadn't actually drawn his sword and was just hitting the ghoul with the sheath. He was snapped out of his confusion when the demon grabbed Rin by the face and threw him through the glass pane that separated the lockers from the showers.

"Rin!" [Y/n] yelled, his worry skyrocketing as he watched the ghoul follow Rin through the hole, knocking Flor back with one of its arms as it did.

"I'm okay!" Rin assured as the demon pinned him down on the ground. [Y/n] growled as he watched his friend get roughly pushed against the floor. "Shoot!" Rin screamed and [Y/n]'s eyes shot open before he nodded, realising that the ghoul was the perfect distance away. He took aim right for the spot where a ghoul's core is located, just above where a human heart should be. If he pierced that core, the demon would dissolve and die. Just as his finger touched the trigger, the ghoul whipped toward him, holding Rin up by the throat in front of his core. [Y/n]'s eyes went wide as his finger shot off of the trigger before he accidentally shot and killed Rin.

"Damn it!" [Y/n] snapped, raising a hand to strop Flor from rising forward. Suddenly, he had no way to shoot the ghoul's core without hurting Rin. He growled in frustration while glaring at the monster. "Put him down, you three-headed bastard!" [Y/n] yelled, his hands trembling slightly as he watched the ghoul apply pressure to Rin's throat. A pained croak escaped Rin's lips as his breathing was quickly cut off and released again. [Y/n] tried to remain calm on the outside but was internally panicking. He needed to get that thing away from Rin before it killed him. But he didn't know how.

"Take the shot!" Rin screamed through a trained cough. [Y/n]'s eyes went wide as he frantically shook his head.

"Are you insane?!" He asked, completely floored by the thought of taking such a dangerous shot. There's no way he could make it without hurting Rin too.

"You said that gun works off of your emotions, right?!" Rin asked and [Y/n] froze, looking down at his weapon before immediately turning his attention back to the threat. "So keep them calm and take the shot!" Rin ordered, frantically kicking and hitting the arm of the ghoul to no avail. [Y/n] could tell that Rin wouldn't be conscious for much longer if he didn't do something fast. But what could he do? If he tried to hit the core, he'd hit Rin and kill him. But if he didn't, the ghoul would kill Rin and then go after him and the girls. So what in the hell was she supposed to do?! [Y/n] was panicking. His breathing got faster and his arms began to tremble. He didn't know what to do... "Do it! I trust you!" Rin assured, choking as the ghoul tightened its grip around his neck again. [Y/n]'s lip quivered at Rin's faith in him before he gritted his teeth, shaking his head and pushing his doubts aside. He needed to do this. And quickly. He took aim, pointing Sema at the centre head of the monster while glaring at it.

'Three heads... I doubt taking one of them off will kill that thing but it'll get it away from Rin and the girls.' [Y/n] thought silently, trying to form a strategy that would keep everyone safe. This definitely wouldn't end the fight, but it would get Rin out of harm's way. 'Here goes...' He thought, putting aside his doubts and pulling the trigger. A burst of red energy formed at the tip of Sema's barrel before releasing a bright beam of light. The attack pierced straight through the monster's middle head, completely destroying it. The ghoul's two remaining heads screamed in agony as it dropped Rin to the ground, applying pressure to its new injury. Rin coughed and hacked as he landed, his hands immediately moving to his throat.

"Flor! Now!" [Y/n] screamed and Flor didn't waste a second.

"Malignant Howl!" He screamed telepathically before opening his mouth and releasing the red-purple energy in a powerful concentrated blast of sound. The ghoul screamed as it dropped Rin to the ground in a desperate attempt to steady itself, visibly panicking when it felt its demonic energy instantly fade away. Flor immediately rushed forward, barreling forward with a growl as he sunk his fangs into the monster's right head, ripping it off and jumping back. The ghoul's last remaining remaining head screamed in utter pain as it tried to move away. [Y/n] was by Rin's side in a second, nervously placing a hand on his shoulder while examining his throat for any sign of a Temptaint. Luckily, Rin seemed to be fine.

"Nice shot!" Rin praised through a cough, offering [Y/n] a weak smile. [Y/n] nodded at the praise but brushed it aside as he turned his attention back to the demon, the demon that was now really beyond pissed. The ghoul growled and hissed as it stared down [Y/n]. The [h/c]-haired male gulped nervously as the demon slowly stepped forward. He had Sema raised in an instant, pointing to where the core should be.

"Guys!" Yukio's voice suddenly rang through the room followed by the sound of gunshots and the scream of the demon as the silver bullets pierced its skin. The demon hissed in pain before jumping up toward the window in the corner of the room. "Get back here!" Yukio screamed while he and [Y/n] shot at the demon, although they ultimately failed to kill it and it got away. Yukio sighed in annoyance as the ghoul escaped before turning toward his brother and [Y/n], both of whom still seemed a bit shaken up. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Yukio asked worriedly, taking a step toward them. An irk mark appeared on the side of Rin's head.

"You're late!" Rin snapped, glaring at his younger twin brother, who just let out an annoyed sigh in response.

"But I still made it, didn't I?" Yukio replied and Rin scoffed, using himself to his feet and grabbing his sword.

"Oh please, at least [Y/n]'s shots actually hurt the damn thing!" Rin snapped back, gesturing toward the male who was currently packing his gun back into its case. [Y/n] rolled his eyes.

[Y/n] sweatdropped as he backed away slowly with Flor in his arms.

"Don't involve me in your family drama." [Y/n] groaned, letting Flor back on the ground while turning away from the twins. "Thanks, you were amazing." He sighed, rubbing Flor's head affectionately.

"Aren't I always?" The familiar asked back cockily, a smug look on his face that [Y/n] couldn't help but laugh at. Once he collected himself, he quickly made his way toward the unconscious brunette who was surrounded by the rest of the class.

"How's Paku?" He asked worriedly, looking down at her, taking note of how Shiemi had applied aloe vera to all of her wounds.

"Okay... I think..." Shiemi forced out, looking down at the other girl in concern. Yukio took a couple of steps toward them, smiling softly as he examined Shiemi's treatment.

"You did good. You treated her correctly." Yukio praised, putting his hand on Shiemi's shoulder while giving Paku a quick check-up. "Who knows what might have happened if you hadn't been here?" Yukio stated, ascending Shimei to go wide-eyed. She just stared at her teacher for a moment before the rest of her classmates all collectively murmured in agreement. Shiemi whipped her head around the group, overwhelmed by the sudden praise. Before she could even respond, a quiet groan and a shift of weight by her knees pulled her attention back to the brunette who was slowly regaining consciousness.

"Ms Paku!" Shiemi exclaimed worriedly, reaching down to take one of Paku's hands in her own. The brunette just stared back at her in confusion.

"Ms Moriyama?" Paku stated, looking around the group in confusion before she suddenly remembered what had just happened. As the memories came flooding back to her, she slowly noticed the aloe vera that was wrapped around her wounds. She smiled softly in understanding. "Thanks a lot for saving me." She thanked, offering Shiemi a weak but sincere smile. As the others checked her for any more injuries, [Y/n] slowly edged his way away from the group, silently making his way to the back of the lockers. Looking down, he saw Kamiki with her knees pulled up against her chest and her face buried in them as she cried softly. She was still only wearing her underwear. [Y/n] could tell that she was completely mortified.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concerned for her emotional well-being considering everything that had just happened.

"Don't look at me!" Kamiki snapped back through a sob, her whole body shaking as she cried. [Y/n]'s eyes softened sympathetically. "I'm so ashamed! I don't want anyone seeing me like this!" Kamiki cried, overwhelming embarrassment, self-doubt and disgust filling every fibre of her being. "I couldn't do anything! I couldn't even help the only friend I've ever had!" She continued, replaying the scene over and over in her head. From watching her best friend get hurt to her familiars turning on her to having to be saved by the people she acted horribly too. "And now she hates me..." She finished, burning her face even further against her knees as her sobs began to wrack and shake her whole body even harder than before. [Y/n] silently let her let out her frustrations before he slid off his shirt and threw it at her. Kamiki flinched when she felt the soft cloth land on her head.

"Cover yourself up and go before the others see. Flor will help you sneak out while I distract the others." [Y/n] ordered softly, shaking his head as he quickly glanced toward the group to make sure that no one was looking their way. Even if she acted horribly toward everyone, she still didn't deserve all this. Flor nodded in agreement as he prepared to help her make her getaway. Kamiki tensed as she reached up to feel the fabric on her head. "And Kamiki..." [Y/n] stared just as she was about to take the shirt. Kamiki froze for a moment but nodded for him to continue. "I want you to apologise to Moriyama after all this." [Y/n] ordered and Kamiki's whole body stiffened as she buried her face even further into her knees, crying even harder than she had been moments ago. "And thank her for what she did." [Y/n] continued, awkwardly shifting as the cold air hit his now-exposed skin. Kamiki still didn't say anything, the quiet sobs taking the place of her words. But [Y/n] could tell that what he was saying was getting to her. "You owe her at least that much." He finished, watching the tears fall from Kamiki's eyes as she slowly nodded in understanding.

"Okay..." She replied sadly, letting out a deep breath as she looked up at the male with gratitude in her teary eyes. When she actually looked up at him, however, her eyes went wide and her face went pale. Everything about [Y/n] seemed normal... except for his arms. They had long and thick scars that were much darker than his normal [s/c] skin. They branched out like lightning and ran from the tip of his elbows all the way down to his wrists. They spread out like tree branches and wrapped around his arms like vines. Kamiki felt sick just looking at him. They looked so painful. [Y/n] visibly tensed as he felt her staring at him. "Your arms-"

"Don't talk about it." [Y/n] cut her off, not even looking at her. Kamiki flinched at the tone of his voice but nodded nevertheless, quickly throwing [Y/n]'s [f/c] shirt on to cover herself before silently slipping out the door with Flor. As she left, [Y/n] let out a shallow sigh, trying not to think about his arms, before turning back around, noticing that everyone else was just silently staring at him.

"What happened to your shirt?" Yukio asked blank-faced as he looked at his student in confusion. [Y/n] felt a sudden wave of embarrassment wash over him as he suddenly remembered that the others were, in fact, still here. Bon, Shima and Koneko all just stared at him in bewilderment while Shiemi was blushing furiously. Takara and Yamada seemed just as uninterested as usual. Rin quickly glanced at where Kamiki was a moment ago, noting that she was gone. He instantly understood what had happened.

"It got burned from the heat from Sema." [Y/n] lied, a dark red blush already forming on his face as he awkwardly shifted on the spot. No one seemed to believe him.

"It looked fine a second ago..." Yukio replied, trailing off at the end as he looked at his student in complete and utter confusion.

"Dude... Are you feeling okay?" Bon asked, genuinely concerned by his friend's behaviour. Koneko seemed just as confused while Shima was trying and failing to hold back his laughter. An irk mark appeared on the side of [Y/n]'s head as he silently wondered if letting her take his shirt was the right decision. Ultimately, he just sighed angrily, knowing that his embarrassment was nothing compared to what Kamiki would have felt.

"Just shut up and go!" [Y/n] snapped, feeling more and more embarrassed by the second. Kamiki seriously owed him for this. The others all just stared at him blank-faced.

"Okay?" Yukio replied, dragging out the last syllable. Everything about what [Y/n] was doing was confusing to him. Just as he was about to turn away, his eyes glanced down at the huge scars that decorated [Y/n]'s forearms. His eyebrows furrowed in concern the second he saw them. Everyone else seemed to take notice too as a small symphony of shocked gasps and sharp breaths were heard, followed by an abundance of worried looks. Out of everyone, Rin was the worst off. He looked horrified. [Y/n] just stared at the ground, balling his hands into fists. He hated this. "What happened to your-"

"It's not important." [Y/n] cut him off before he could ask, causing everyone in the room to grow uneasy. No one moved or said anything for a moment until Bon stepped forward, carrying Paku out of the room while sending [Y/n] a worried look. The others seemed hesitant but eventually followed suit. As they all slowly left the room, [Y/n] could feel them staring at his scars. And he hated it. Eventually, everyone except Rin left, leaving the two alone in the washroom.

"You gave it to Pokabrows, right?" Rin asked once he knew that the coast was clear. [Y/n] glanced at him from the corner of his eye and nodded in confirmation. A mischievous grin crossed Rin's face as he began to snicker uncontrollably. [Y/n] turned and raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Who knew you were such a gentleman?" Rin teased, causing [Y/n]'s face to flush ten shades darker. "Would you give me your shirt too or is Pokabrows just a special case?" He laughed, bouncing on his heels as he watched his friend's blush spread all the way down his neck and all the way up to the tips of his ears.

"Asshole!" [Y/n] spat before turning on his heels and storming out the door and straight to his room while Rin's booming laughter followed him through the corridors. His blush darkened as he walked. However, he couldn't stop the small smile from creeping up onto his lips. He could tell that the teasing was Rin's way of taking his mind off of the scars. It was unconventional, but he knew what he was doing. [Y/n] just shook his head and let out a sigh of defeat as the navy-haired male followed behind him through the halls of the dormitory. He tried to ignore Rin's flurry of 'gentleman jokes', silently restraining himself from turning around and hitting the laughing bastard square in the jaw. He did appreciate the sentiment but it was starting to get annoying. Still though, he couldn't help but silently thank Rin for getting his mind off of his arms, even just for a few minutes.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

135K 5.9K 60
Many things were hidden from him, there was so much he didn't know about his life and so much he didn't bother to question. But that all changed in o...
6.2K 339 39
✦ ━━━ YOU SAVE EVERYONE, BUT WHO SAVES YOU? ❝ 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔, 𝐈'𝐃 𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐃𝐑𝐘. ❞ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ...
146K 3.8K 33
y/n, a new ex-wire in True Cross Academy, meets every possible personality there. But can't get whats different about Rin and his younger brother, Yu...
165K 7.1K 48
Kill a demon. That was the only instruction given to Class 1-A before the students were sent on a mission to a school none of them have ever heard of...