VULNERABLE | thomas shelby

By leeshelby

Because every girl needs their own prince charming, but some girls need their own birmingham gangster. •BOOK... More

•prologue•
✞ O N E ✞
✞ T W O ✞
✞ T H R E E ✞
✞ F O U R ✞
✞ F I V E ✞
✞ S I X ✞
✞ S E V E N ✞
✞ N I N E ✞
✞ T E N ✞
✞ E L E V E N ✞
✞ T W E L V E ✞
✞ T H I R T E E N ✞
✞ F O U R T E E N ✞
✞ F I F T E E N ✞
✞ S I X T E E N ✞
✞ S E V E N T E E N ✞
✞ E I G H T E E N ✞
✞ N I N E T E E N ✞
✞ T W E N T Y ✞
✞T W E N T Y-O N E ✞
✞T W E N T Y- T W O ✞
✞T W E N T Y- T H R E E ✞
INTERMISSION
☆T W E N T Y - F O U R☆
☆T W E N T Y-FIVE ☆
☆T W E N T Y-S I X ☆
☆T W E N T Y-S E V E N ☆
☆T W E N T Y-E I G H T☆
☆ T W E N T Y-N I N E ☆
☆T H I R T Y ☆
☆T H I R T Y-O N E ☆
☆T H I R T Y-T W O☆
☆T H I R T Y-T H R E E ☆
☆T H I R T Y-F O U R ☆
☆T H I R T Y-F I V E☆
☆T H I R T Y-S I X☆
☆T H I R T Y-S E V E N☆
☆T H I R T Y-E I G H T ☆
☆T H I R T Y-N I N E☆
☆ F O U R T Y ☆
☆ F O U R T Y-ON E ☆
☆F O U R T Y-T W O☆
☆ F O U R T Y-T H R E E ☆
☆F O U R T Y-F O U R ☆
☆F O U R T Y-F I V E ☆
☆F O U R T Y- S I X ☆
☆ F O U R T Y-S E V E N ☆
e p o l o g u e
BOOK TWO

✞ E I G H T ✞

56.8K 1.5K 436
By leeshelby

CHAPTER EIGHT ; KIMBERS VIST

AFTER BETH HAD walked a ranting Polly home she had hurried to the Garrison to do her first shift back. Her eyes widened and her mouth fell open when she stepped into the pub hearing a loud course of men singing. Harry smiled from behind the counter waving Beth over. She walked over to bar only to find Grace about to walk into the private room with a bucket of beer. "Your off for the night Beth. Start tomorrow." Harry shouted.

Beth nodded and was about to stop Grace with her beer bucket and do it herself but instead let Grace walk in, too tired to start an argument and instead stood behind her at the door. "Did you want whiskey as well?" Grace asked picking up glasses from the table to fill with beer. "No just beer." Tommy muttered stubing out his cigarette. Arthur glanced into his cup of beer his eyes never leaving it as he began to speak.

"No whiskey? Are you expecting trouble Tommy?" Before he could answer John cut him off. "Jesus Christ Tom, why would you let them sing? They sound like strangled cats." Tommy let out a dry chuckle. "And what did make you change your mind, though tommy?" Arthur teased, a knowing grin on his face as he looked over at John. Tommy glanced up at Grace quickly thinking he was sly but never answered the question.

"It's about time tommy." John teased, catching his brother in the act. "Time for what?" Grace walked out carrying the bucket, her eyes wearily landing onto Beth who stood behind her with a cold glare in her eye. Beth never spared her a glance as she walked into the private room. Tommy's eyes closed as he cringed, just as Beth walked over sliding in beside Arthur. "Well carry on, time for what?" Beth snapped, picking cards from off the table and beginning to shuffle them in her hand.

Arthur coughed awkwardly handing his drink into Beth's hands who looked like she needed it more than he did. "Time you took yourself a woman." Beth downed the drink in her hand and Tommy's eyes sunk down to his lap. He knew he had to pick, and he knew who he would chose but tommy needed grace in his plan and he couldn't tell Beth that incase it all went wrong.  "Just play the bloody hands." Tommy spat.

"You stay the way you are Tommy. Remember what dad used to say." Arthur's hand reached down and squeezed Beth's silently comforting her. "Fast women and slow horses.." Arthur began. "Will ruin your life." John coursed with Arthur. Beth let out a laugh as she listened to the pair. The moment was cut off by a large light shining in from the window and Beth stiffened, her hand squeezing Arthur's. "Coppers?" Tommy shook his head at Johns question. "No."

The music suddenly stopped and muffled shouting was heard from outside the private room. The Shelby's and Clover girl all sat in silence waiting for Tommy's reaction. A gunshot echoed through the Garrison and Beth sighed. Tommy stood up glancing back at Beth before pointing his finger. "You sit beside me out here. It's business."

As daft and dainty as everyone presumed the blonde to be, she had grown up around business, her father working with the Shelby's meant that there were constant meetings with people in their home and before he had left he had taught her well. Tommy was good at business because of how intimidating and smart he was but with a beautiful girl at his side it was no doubt that they could get what they wanted.

"Harry get these men a drink, everyone else go home." Thomas yelled, watching the garrison pub clear out. Beth had to refrain the gasp that threatened to fall from her lips at Billy Kimber stood into the Garrison, taking a step back into John in shock, who gave her a small push forward. Tommy pulled up two chairs and Beth sat beside him at the end of the table, while Tommy stood to light a cigarette.

Billy and one of his men sat across the table and Beth could feel Billy's eyes wandering her body without sparing him a glance. Grace carried over a tray with a bottle of whiskey and cups to the table and Tommy pointed toward her. "Go home." Grace shook her head placing the tray on the table. "But Mr. Fenton said-"

Grace coward under the dark stare that Beth gave her, blue eyes blazing. "He said go home." Billy sniggered at this, watching Tommy sit into his seat. "I never approved of women in bars." Billy boomed. His eyes glanced toward Beth as he smiled coyly. "But when they look like that.." Tommy's jaw clenched as he bit his tongue and leaned back in his chair, his eyes still targeted on the vile man who sat across from him. "So which one of you does she belong to then? Is that mouth good for anything better than talking?"

Tommy shook his head, his respect for Mr. Kimber was lacking and his snarky comments only motivated his plan to ruin his empire, even more if possible. He glared over the table and then spoke up, waving his arm slightly. "You said you wanted men called Shelby, you've got three of them."

"I've never heard of ya, then I hear of ya. Some Little diddicoy razor gang. I thought to myself ' so,what? ' but then you fuck me over. So now you have my undivided attention. Especially you girl. By the way which one of you am I talking to? Who's the boss?" Billy roared, he wasn't trying to shout but his voice was loud and obnoxious, echoing around the bar.

"Well I'm the oldest." Arthur announced. Beth picked up a glass of the table chugging the whiskey back. Billy let out a small snigger at Arthur. "Clearly." John played with the cigarette between his fingers, as he stared at Kimber, his eyes darkening. "Are you laughing at my brother?" Billy looked around in shock being taken back by the question. He pointed a finger toward Arthur. "Your the oldest."

His finger moved to John. "You're the thickest." His eyes then moved over toward Beth and Tommy at the end of the table. "I'm told the boss is called Tommy and I'm guessing that's you cause your looking me up and down like I'm a fucking tart." Kimber growled. "I want to know what you want." Tommy informed. "There was suspicious betting patterns at Kempton park. A horse called Monaghan boy. He won by a length twice and then finished last, with 3,000 pounds bet on him." The man beside Billy spoke up.

"Which one are we talking to?" Tommy asked making Beth scoff, her eyes twinkling as she glanced from the two men across the table. Kimber glared leaning over the table. "You must be Tommy's girl. Pretty one at that. I can tell by the way he looks at you, like a kid in a candy shop. You know you could do much better hm? A lot better than hanging around with the razor gang. Bet you'd look lovely with my child inside of you." Kimber declared, smiling smugly to himself as he leaned back into his chair.

Beth's face scrunched into a look of disgust as she stared at the man in embarrassment for his words. The room fell into a raging silence and Beth had to refrain from telling Kimber off knowing it would end the deal, however John and Arthur had long forgotten about the deal. John stood up, Arthur cracking his knuckles a inhuman growl escaping his lips. "Sit down, John." Beth hissed. She wasn't angry at him but she needed him to understand he would ruin the deal but a sigh of content escaped her lips when John sat down.

Tommy's cold demeanour covered the rage he felt inside as he continued to speak calmly dragging on his cigarette. "Which ones the boss?" The man with the glasses cringed before speaking up. "I am Mr.Kimber's adviser and accountant." Kimber jumped up from his seat his eyes glaring down at Tommy.

"And I'm the fucking boss. Okay, right, end of parley. You fixed a race without my permission. You fucking gypsy scum. What, live off the war pensions, or these poor Garrison Lane widows! That's your level. I am Billy Kimber, I run the races! You fixed one of them so I'm going to have you and your little blonde bitch shot against a post." Billy finished shouting turning around to strut out of the room.

"Mr. Kimber." Beth called, she picked up the carved bullet Tommy had handed her throwing it towards him. "Look at it." Tommy finished standing up. "That's my name on it. It's from the Lee family. You are also at war with the Lees, Mr. Kimber. Am I right?" Tommy questioned. "The Lees are attacking your bookies and taking your money. Your men can't control them, you need help." Tommy continued. Mr. Kimber's accounted kept his eyes on the man and women infront of him.

"Perhaps we should listen to Mr. Shelby has to say. Before we make our decisions." Beth nodded her head glancing back to Kimber. "Right the Lees are doing a lot of talking at the fairs. They're doing a lot of kin. They're saying the race tracks are easy meat, because the police are busy with strikes. Now, we have connections. We know how they operate. You have muscle." Tommy paused.

Beth began to put the pieces of the puzzle together in her mind and Tommys plan began to make sense.
"Together we can them. Divided, maybe not." She finished. "Mr.Kimber perhaps we should take some time for reflection. Possibly make arrangements for a second meeting." His accounted muttered. Tommy's eyes never left Mr.Kimbers. "I admire you Mr. Kimber. You started with nothing and built a legitimate business. It would be an honour to work with you, Mr. Kimber." Tommy finished, trying to refrain from me winking at Beth who stared at him her lips slightly parted.

"Nobody works with me. People work for me." Mr. Kimber corrected taking a coin from his pocket and throwing it to the floor. "Pick it up, pikey." Beth's eyes widened as the room fell into a horrid silence. A few seconds had past and John had sprung up from his seat yet again but Beth scolded him telling him to sit down. Tommy reached down and picked up the coin."It's for your ceiling." Billy Kimber grumbled before walking out of the Garrison.

His accountant stood up walking around the table to stand infront of Tommy. "We will be in Cheltenham." He informed. "As will I." Tommy grinned, puffing out smoke. The accountant simply nodded and walked out of the Garrison followed by their two security.

Beth scurried towards the door locking it before around to the Shelby men, her heart dancing in her chest. "So you picked a fight with the Lees on purpose. Tommy we can't mess with Billy fucking Kimber." Arthur rambled. "Get yourself a decent haircut men, we're going to the races." Tommy declared, chugging a glass of whiskey back.

Beth rushed over towards him wrapping her arms around his neck tightly only to feel Tommy spin her around off the ground. "'m going to fucking strangle you Thomas Shelby."

"I hope you mean that in the good way Bethany Clover."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 28.8K 93
"Realising how fucking beautiful you are suddenly sobered me up" Anna Smith, the girl who was brought up in a tiny village, sheltered naively from al...
232K 5.1K 40
❆ ❆ ❆ 𝕀 𝔽𝔼𝔼𝕃 𝕄𝕆ℝ𝔼 𝔽ℝ𝔼𝔼 𝕋ℍ𝔸ℕ 𝕀 ℍ𝔸𝕍𝔼 𝕀ℕ 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℝ𝕊 𝕊𝕀𝕏 𝔽𝔼𝔼𝕋 𝕀ℕ 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔾ℝ𝕆𝕌ℕ𝔻 ❆ ❆ ❆ "𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣 �...
39.3K 2.5K 19
────────────────── .˚ᵎ┊ 𝖽𝖺𝗋𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖻𝗈𝗒 ⋆.ೃ࿔:・❝ 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝘩𝑎𝑡 𝘩𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝘩𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑠𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔...
169K 2.9K 28
Clara Baker was an Agent for the King. Top at her class for her intelligence and physical skills. However, there was one problem. She was wild, she d...