A Deal With The Prince

By notwhippedhours

Suddenly living in an unknown world, she learned she was now in the romance book she had read not long ago an... More

Chapter 1: Becoming a fiancée
Chapter 2: Pretty boy
Chapter 3: A challenge
Chapter 4: Childhood trio
Chapter 5: Last minute party
Chapter 6: A new friend
Chapter 7: Be late or you'll die
Chapter 8: Unexpected guest
Chapter 9: Ending the deal?
Chapter 10: Fairies
Chapter 11: Jealousy
Chapter 12: Test partner
Chapter 13: A Couple In Making
Chapter 14: I might get killed by the crown prince
Chapter 15: Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice
Chapter 16: I will skin you alive
Chapter 17: Old man
Chapter 19: Don't want to die
Chapter 20: First kiss
Chapter 21: Odd
Chapter 22: Real name
Chapter 23: Near death experience
Chapter 24: Stealing
Chapter 25: Forever and ever
Chapter 26: Nap time!
Chapter 27: Finally I'll tell you
Chapter 28: No.one.can
Chapter 29: Unable to protect you
Chapter 30: The end?
Extra 1
Fin
New book
Author's Note

Chapter 18: Bloody

17.4K 827 98
By notwhippedhours

The next day while I was in class, focusing on the lesson that was on going, I heard a voice beside my ear.

"This is boring. How are you so focused on it?"

I glanced at my left shoulder to see Kyrillos sitting. I quickly looked around and after I confirmed that none of the students could see him I harshly whispered to him, "Why on earth are you here!?"

He hopped down from my shoulder to my desk and stared at all the notes I have written. "Such a hard worker."

I took in a deep breath and tried to focus on the lesson once again but Kyrillos was having none of that.

"Hey focus on me."

"Hey. Hey. Heyyy."

"Lilyana don't ignore me."

"Lilyana-"

I held my pencil tightly as I try to compose myself, "Please keep quiet. I need to focus on this lesson."

"But it's so boring~" he fell to his back and rolled around in my notes.

I glared at him. 'Does he think he's a child? Grow up old man.'

I lightly picked him up and set him aside, "The lesson is almost over, please wait until then." I whispered before turning back to the lesson.

"Fine." he pouted, sitting patiently at the side of my desk, observing every action I made.

The lesson finally ends and I let out a sigh before turning to Kyrillos who was still quietly waiting. I poked him slightly, "I'm done with my lessons for now."

"How many do you have left?"

I stared at my fingers before lifting up five fingers. He blinked before shaking his head, "That is ridiculous!"

I shrugged, trying my best not to gain anyone's attention as I continue speaking to him, "That's school life old man."

"I already told you to stop calling me that!" he angrily stomped his feet.

I watched as he threw a small fit before he grew tired and sat back down. "Finished? Then you can go back first. I'll visit you once lessons are done."

"No I'll wait."

I let out a small snort, "You can wait that long? I doubt it."

My comment made Kyrillos ticked off. He pointed at me and yelled, "I can wait! Just you see!"

I nodded, "Yes yes if you can I will clap and praise you."

Soon the next lesson started one after another. I glanced over at Kyrillos once in a while to see if he would give up and leave first but he continued to stay. Some lessons made him pay attention while some made him bored and drowsy.

"And that is the end of today's lesson. See you tomorrow, class." the teacher said as they shut the textbook loudly. On time the bell rings, startling the asleep Kyrillos.

I giggled at him before picking up my bag. "Lessons are over, come on let's go." I called him.

"Hm okay.." he yawned as he flew over to the top of my head and got comfortable. I sighed but didn't do anything to get rid of him.

"Cath, I'll be going first." I said.

"Where are you going?" Ralph asked, pushing his glasses up slightly.

"Oh to the-"

"Don't tell. I don't like people randomly coming except you." Kyrillos cut me off as he played with a strand of my hair.

"Somewhere to practice my magic." I said, slipping an easy lie into my answer.

He nodded, believing my answer. Blaive pats shoulder before saying, "Be careful."

I fake gasped, "Blaive are you worried for me? How kind of you!"

His ears turn red before pinching my cheeks as revenge.

"Ow ow okay!" I cried out and he let my cheeks go.

I could still feel a bit of sting because of him so I glared at him before leaving the classroom to the forest.

"Are they your friends?" he asked.

"Yeah."

He didn't say anything after that leaving me wondering why the sudden question.

"Hello Lady Lilyana."

I stopped my tracks and gazed at the person who had greeted me. I smiled and nodded, "Hello Miss Pratt. Is there something you need?"

Lucy then takes something out and hands it over to me. "This is an apology gift for what happened that day!"

"That day?" I muttered to myself before remembering what she meant.

"Oh I see..Then I shall gladly receive your gift. Thank you Miss Pratt." I took the gift from her, suspicious of it but I didn't dare to show it.

Lucy then walked away, leaving me in the hall with the gift she had given me. Looking at the gift, it was a medium size box and it felt quite heavy. I frowned, just what on earth did she put in here.

"What's inside?" Kyrillos asked.

"I don't know, I'll take a look when we reach the forest." I replied before continuing my way to the forest.

Stopping in front of the forest, Kyrillos jumped off and turned back into his normal form. He turned to me and looked down at the box in my arms.

"Are you gonna open it?" he asked, poking it.

I nodded, "I will but I don't trust her. I'm opening it here so if anything happens, your forest won't get damaged."

Kyrillos smiled, shaking his head. "How generous of you but don't worry I can handle anything."

I set the box down on the ground and slowly opened it. Inside the box were tons of cookies. Kyrillos and I looked at each other before looking back at the box.

"A bunch of cookies...?" I picked one up and observed it.

Kyrillos' eyes widen, "I don't think you should-"

I took a sniff of it before cautiously biting into it. I chewed on it before swallowing it. I turned to Kyrillos, "I think it's alright. Tastes sweet as well."

I got up from my squatting position and cleaned my uniform before picking up the box of cookies. "Do you want some?" I asked Kyrillos but he shook his head.

"There's a weird smell coming out from it." he commented.

I tried to smell the cookies another time but I couldn't smell anything weird. "What does it smell like?"

He placed his hand on his chin as he pondered over it before sighing, "I can't remember but it's on the tip of my tongue."

"But it's best that you don't eat any more of it." he warned me and I nodded.

"I only ate one. I don't think anything will happen." I laughed it off, closing the box back up and threw it away.

Kyrillos had a mixed look on his face. I turned to him and grinned, "What? Are you worried about me?"

He scoffed and looked away, "No who said I was?"

I laughed at him, "So you are."

"No."

I kept teasing and laughing at him until I had to head back to the cafeteria for dinner. Grabbing my dinner, I walked to the usual table, I would sit with the other four, including Ralph ever since I forced him to sit with us.

I noticed all of them were already there, just about to eat. I sat down beside Catherine and greeted them.

"I can't believe it's my favourite dessert today!" I smiled widely as I began to eat the dessert first.

I hear Phillip sighing at me, "You are supposed to eat your main course first Lilyana."

I rolled my eyes at him, looking straight at him as I took a bite of my dessert. "It's my food and I get to do whatever I want."

Phillip shook his head at me before mockingly smiling at me, "What a child."

I glared at him, holding myself back from flipping him off, "Shut it,"

"It's my mouth and I get to do whatever I want." he snickered, reusing what I said.

I was about to fight back with him when I felt my throat feeling itchy. I tried to ignore it, scratching the top of my mouth to stop the itch but it only got worse.

"Cat's got your tongue?" Phillip smirked, folding his arms in victory.

"No-"

Opening my mouth, I let out a dreadful cough. My eyes widened in horror as I stared at my hand. My hand was covered in blood. I could feel blood dripping down my chin and hand as I looked back up at my friends, frozen in shock. All their eyes were wide open in shock as well, face paling at the blood.

'..What?'

My mind felt fuzzy and my vision grew blurrier by the second. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground, unable to move. Darkness slowly overtook me and the voices around me were slowly fading away as I fluttered my eyes close.

---

Author's note: heh i love making my characters suffer out of nowhere ¯\_(シ)_/¯

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

907 13 10
(UPDATES INTERMITTENTLY) A regular guy gets transmigrated into a palace intrigue novel that he's been reading as a background character. Yes, you'v...
555K 19.2K 75
She had only wanted to have a working marriage and a happy family. Despite that, her husband leaves her for another woman after the loss of their unb...
1.3K 123 17
Blinding lights. The flash of cameras. Dozens of fans cheering endlessly. This is the life Morgan Slate knows of. That all holds true until she's be...
299K 10.6K 125
Arielle spent her entire life preparing herself to be the perfect fiancée to the Crown Prince and later become Queen. A delusional girl who claims t...