A Gamer's Journey

By somepersonwhowrites

After waking up in the middle of the night on his tenth birthday he found himself with box that says "Welcome... More

The Beginning
The Beginning Part 2
I don't like where this is going
I don't like where this is going Part 2
Hooray to being homeless
Hooray to being homeless Part 2
Didn't expect this to happen
The boring training arc
The Boring Training Arc Part 2
I always wanted a slave
I don't want to become a nerd, but I kind of want to
Yay for human trafficking
How many dungeons does this city have?
What a wonderful dungeon
I blame this all on Anenoid
What could possibly go wrong
What happened last night?
Why is this room on hard mode?
This isn't even fair anymore
Why do I hear boss music
This didn't go as planned
Never expected a deer
Homeless people are scary
I hate my siblings
Stupid ape
Introductions
Crickets have weird legs
Where's the armor?
A shower seems nice
Chemistry is fun
Go away Alice
Happy Birthday!
Second try!
Memories
Greed
This is too much for me
Fast Travel time
Not born equal
The tutorial finally ends
I like where this is going
GTA but in real life
Deception
Segway go Brrrrrrr
Planning for stuff
Winter break!!!!
Plumbing and economics is also fun
It's Christmas!!
Driving is easy
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU
Coffee sounds nice right now
Further into Greed
(1)Wild, Wild West: Bugs are cool
(2)Wild, Wild west: A streak of badluck
(3) Wild, Wild West The only danger was myself
(4)Wild, Wild West: Ivan needs a nerf
Short chapter for yall
Not a short chapter for ya'll
Hygiene is very important
Back to the normal plot
Final Destination was a good movie
Another training arc!
Just a few different things in one
A business man doing business
Do your actions really matter?
Just a bit of exploring
Smol Chapter
Misleading Heist
Haha funny number
Paranoia and isolation
Old Friends
The Gateway
The debt collector
Uh, Ivan????
Progression?
Scheming
HAHAHA!! MONKE!!!!
ahhh titles
Am Back
1-1
(0*0)
Back at square one
Mommy issues
Did a smart
Haven't been here in a while
Do a flip
Pre-boss fight
A Dying Flame
New Generation
names are hard part 2?
Farm
Horrors that are comprehensible
The barn find :)
ahhh
Start of a struggle
Sleep
Why these weights so heavy :(
Superior Genetics

Slime is fun

203 6 0
By somepersonwhowrites

Chapter 32

Friday November 29,2013

8:45 am

(Ivan's POV)

I set down the test tube with this gooey blue substance boil in a pot with boiling water. The substance turned green after a few minutes. Oh I think it's done now. I pull the test tube out with the wind and set it down on the table. Now I wait. I excitedly stare at the test tube for a few seconds before I got bored. I let out a sigh as I lay my head on the table. I pick my head back up and think for a bit. Will ice speed up the process? I create a few ice cubes in my hand put the cubes in the pot. I pick up the tube with the wind and drop it in the pot. The ice cubes quickly melted. I quickly made some more, this time the cubes didn't melt. I wait for a bit before grabbing the tube. I excitedly open the tube and pull the substance out. The substance stretched as I pulled my hand away from the tube. I smile as I start playing with the substance. I roll it up into a ball and squish it a little. I let out a giggle as I stretch out the substance.

"I didn't think slime would be this gooey." I slam the slime into my head and make it flat. I put the slime in my Inventory and stand up. I'll do the rest of the kit later. I grab the pot and tube to put them in my Inventory. A strange feeling formed inside my head. Why do I feel like I'm missing something? I ignore the feeling and walk out the building. I take one step and look up at the sky. I have no idea what to do. I pull out the map and look for the library. Once I spotted the library on the map I started making my way towards the building. A few steps in my vision suddenly turned white.

The white faded away as my vision turned to a blur. I blink a few times, my vision quickly turned to normal. I look around to find myself in the middle of the colosseum along with a few kids lined up in a line, it looked like I was in the middle of the line. I recognize a few people in the line, there was the leader of my cabin, that first guy I fought in the colosseum, and that guy who kept working on a piece of metal when I got hurt on the first day. He was still working on a piece of metal. Why Am'I here? I look around for any other people I know, I spot Michael at the end of the line. I notice how everyone was unusually quiet. My instincts told me to wait quietly. 

I wait around for a bit before I got the urge to just walk away. I suddenly remember the skill I got yesterday.

Lvl 0(0%) Air sense- you send out a burst of wind around you that you can use to tell what's around you. Radius- 10 ft (3 meters) Mp cost-125 points

This skill sounds useful, but it costs way too much Mp. I take a deep breath and imagine a dome surrounding me. What do I do from here? I focus on imagining my Mp going into the dome. I felt a wave of pressure leave my body as my mind felt like it was out of my body. The air rushed past me as images appeared in my mind. Everything looked black and white. My body felt like it was floating on air, but grounded by something heavy. I sense the leader of my cabin turn his head in my direction as I was quickly rushed back into my body. My body swayed from side to side, it felt abnormal seeing everything in color. Nothing important is happening from what I can tell. I shake off the weird feeling as I saw a tall, lanky guy walk into the colosseum along with the one-tailed woman following behind him. I suddenly remember that he told me and Michael to come to that little building near the forest. I forgot his name though, actually did he even give us his name? Everyone looked towards him as he faced everyone like I would imagine a drill instructor about to give out a order. He looked around with a stern face.

"Does anyone want to leave?" Something in me was tempted to raise my hand. Just one look at him made me instinctively look at the ground. I glance back up, he had dark rings under his eyes. Was he hoping we would leave? "We're going to start with something easy today, just some simple practice with restoring our magic," He pointed to the side. "Everyone who doesn't need help, please go to that side." Almost all of the older kids went to the side, there was only a few kids my age that went to the side. "Everyone else, try wasting your magic. I'll give you pointers if you guys need help. I take a deep breath and cover my body with wind. My Mp bar barely went down as the wind rushed around my body. I stop using Wind Aura and think of something else. There was a kid beside me already panting with his hands on knees. I ignore him and close my eyes. I imagine a dome around me and pour some Mp into it. Nothing happened for the first few seconds, suddenly a burst of wind rushed out my body as I felt like I was pushed out of my body. It took a few seconds for everything to back to normal.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that." A box appears in front of me telling me that my new skill leveled up. I close the box. "Okay just one more time."I close my eyes as I imagine a dome surrounding me. I take a deep breath as I pour Mp into a dome. The out of body experience quickly faded as my Mp bar ran out. I breath out as I imagine the blood flowing through my body. A cold sensation spread throughout in my body, my train of though was lost as soon as the bar was half full. I crack my neck as I try to start the process again. Nothing happened for the first few seconds, but eventually my Mp bar started filling up again. Once the bar was completely full, I repeated the process a few times. Two box appeared as soon as I finished the process for the tenth time.

Lvl 18(05%) Magic Buildup- When you concentrate on how your blood flows through your body. It takes a lot of concentration for you to activate.It's a little bit harder to activate when Mp bar is full. Refills 38 points of Mp per second. 52 points of Stamina per second

Lvl 6(09%) Air sense- you send out a burst of wind around you that you can use to tell what's around you. Radius- 15 ft (4.5 meters) Mp cost-117 points

I'm kind of getting used to Air sense, it still feels weird but it's still better than before. I kind of feel like using something else though. I look around and notice people using their powers to shoot stuff in the air or surroundings their selves with whatever. Some covered themselves with fire, some had other stuff covering them. Oh yeah, I forgot about Ice Exoskeleton. I close my eyes and cover my body with ice. A box quickly appeared telling me that the skill leveled up.

Lvl 12(03%) Ice exoskeleton- You can create a thick sheet of ice that can protect you from almost any attack. If you are hit with a fire attack or something similar the ice will melt and will instead hurt you. Can block 171 points of damage before it breaks. 55 mp per use

I have to work on the skill later. I think for a bit while looking at the floor. Which skill should I work on? I go through my skill list and look at Wind Aura. I wonder how long I can last now with Wind Aura? I close the box and take a deep breath. I imagine wind surrounding my body as I take a deep breath. I hear the whooshes of the wind flow around my body as my Mp bar slowly turned gray. A box appeared in the middle of me training using the skill.

Lvl23(04%) Wind Aura (Mode I)- You can cover yourself with wind. Can block attacks and most projectiles. Mp per second- 5

I close the box and keep on using the skill. It took awhile before I ran out of Mp. I'm getting good with my skills. I close my eyes and restore my Mp. I feel my body feel a bit drained when my Mp bar was almost full. I became slightly annoyed as I feel forced to use Meditation. I close my eyes and try to clear my head. A few seconds in my thoughts started to wonder. As soon as I noticed I quickly tried stop thinking. I take in a deep breath and clear my mind. My body felt cold as my mind was blank. I breathe out as my Stamina bar slowly filled itself. As my Stamina bar slowly became a fully orange. I see a box float in front of me as soon as I open my eyes. 

Lvl 6 (03%) Meditation- When first activated, the Stamina bar will increase by 50 points for a day, the effect can't be used for two weeks; can also refill Stamina bar by 19 points per second when used, can be used at anytime.

I close the box and start using Wind Aura again. My Mp bar slowly turned gray as my insides felt like they were moving around. I quickly stop, the feeling quickly disappeared. I nervously activate Wind Aura again and feel the sensation formed. I clutch my stomach as I stop using Wind Aura. For some reason I was tempted to use it again, sweat dripped down my cheek as I use Wind Aura again. My body felt cold as I ignored the feeling. I swallowed my spit as I felt like passing out. I suddenly had an image of a mountain pop into my head. I quickly open my eyes as I found myself gasping. I steady my breathing as I a box appears.

Lvl24(53%) Wind Aura (Mode I)- You can cover yourself with wind. Can block attacks and most projectiles? Mp per second- ?

The skill just leveled up a few minutes ago, how did it already level up? Why is there no Mp cost? Is it free now? My body felt light as I prepared to use Wind Aura again. I take a deep breath as I used Wind Aura again. I found it hard to breath, my body felt like it was on fire. For some reason I was tempted to keep on going. a fire like sensation spread throughout my body as my chest was blocked by something. In less than an a second everything faded away. My body felt way lighter than before. I open my eyes to see a box float in front of me.

Lvl25(0%) Wind Aura (Mode II)- You can cover yourself with wind. Can block attacks and most projectiles. When activated you gain +80 to Vit and +120 to Dex as long as it's activated. 5% for a random stream of wind to attack whatever attacked you. Mp per second- 250

Mode 2? Well, it's way more powerful than before, but why did the Mp cost go up? Shouldn't the cost go down? I can barely use it for more than two seconds now!  I i wish the cost stayed the same, but the skill upgraded? Mode 2 is considered a upgrade, right? A loud clap of someone's hands radiated throughout the colosseum. I look towards the noise and see the tall, lanky guy jogging in my direction. Everyone including stared at him.

"I thinks that's enough training with magic for now." The guy said. I was finally getting good at it too. "Just find a partner, go grab a weapon, and wait." We quickly turned around and jogged off into the direction of the other group." Someone tapped me on the shoulder, I turned around to  see Michael staring at me. 

"Hey." 

"Hey." I said as I nodded.

"Wanna pair up?" 

"Sure." He nodded and kind of waved his hand to tell me to follow him. He turned around as I started to follow him to the weapon racks. I walk to his side as he turned his head in my direction with a smile on his face.

"You wanna see what just found out how to do?" He said kind of excitedly. 

"Sure?" He clenched his hand and stretched it out towards me. I felt uncomfortable as he opened his eye to reveal a eye merged into the palm of his hand. A shiver went down my spine as the eye blinked as it stared directly into my eye.

"That's fake right?" He shook his head.

"Nope, completely real." The pupil moved around in a circle. "Look see! It's not fake!"

"But what's the point, I can just poke it."

"It's cool though!"

"No! It's creepy!" An uncomfortable feeling formed as the eye closed and disappeared.

"How did you even do that?" Michael shrugged.

"I don't know. I just kind of did it just a few seconds ago."

"Weird." We neared the weapon racks. "Can you see out of it?" He nodded.

"Yeah. Feels weird though." Michael approached a weapon rack and picked up the wooden bat like weapon with spikes. 

"Lemme go get a weapon." Michael nodded as I look around and notice the same tiny little sword I had the last time. Not as good as Retribution, but it's not that bad. I grab it and walk back to Michael. I appear by Michael's side as he waved his weapon around. He turned his head in my direction.

"What do you think we're doing?"  

"Weapon training probably." He stared at me blankly as he started walking into the colosseum. 

"I just wondering if it's going to be like last time." 

"It was still weapon training."

"But we used powers, actually most of the time the weapons were ditched and we just used powers." We walked to side of the colosseum.

"Really," We sit against the wall. "I just remember passing out."

"Oh, yeah I remember that, but even then most fights just used magic to fight not their weapons." A loud buzzer rings throughout the colosseum before I could respond.

"I assume all of you are done with the warm up! For now, the people who don't have partners try to find a group! It's going to be one person versus two!" Oh it shouldn't be that hard, one versus two people is an easy fight. 

Me and Michael wait until I see the leader of my cabin walking towards us with a spear with a long curved blade. "Hey isn't that the person who knocked you out the last time?" Michael said.

"Yeah, I think so." I nervously said. The guy looked down at us, as he stepped in front of us. 

"You have someone already?" He said in a deep voice Michael and I shake our heads. He nodded his heads and leaned on the wall next to us. Michael and I stayed silent. Michael looked up at the guy.

"What's your name?" 

"Meredith." 

"Cool." Silence fell over us. I notice the tall, lanky guy from before look around and shout.

"You guys  can start whenever you want." Meredith looked over to us.

"You wanna start now?"

"Sure." Michael replied. I said nothing as I got up and walked a few feet away. Michael walked to my side while Meredith walked in the other direction. I put a few Mp points into Ice Exoskeleton. 

"Just tell me when to start!" Meredith yelled. I nod while Michael turned to me. 

"Is this fair? It's two against one." I turned my head in his direction with a confused face.

"Do you want to have a tough fight? I'll happily fight a two against one fight as long as I'm on the two part." Michael turned to face Meredith. I faced Meredith, he was spinning his spear in his hands. 

"Well it just feels wrong to me."

"I'm fine with it."

"Let's just start. You ready?"

"Sure." Michael waved his hand in the air, Meredith stopped spinning his spear and pointed it towards us. 

"We're ready!" Meredith nodded as he as he stayed in place. Michael took off sprinting while I ran behind him. I easily ran past him. I sent a wind arrow straight at Meredith's chest. The arrow struck him in the chest but it didn't do anything, he actually looked surprised. A cocky smirk appeared on his face. I facepalm mentally. I forgot he's a child of Fūjin just like me! Of course it wouldn't affect him! Michael stopped behind me but I kept on going. I stopped myself when Meredith stabbed the air in front of him in an effort to stab me. My foot slipped, I fell on my back with my head bouncing off the sand. 

Meredith rushed towards me and raised his spear up in the air. Before he could bring down his spear Michael came out of nowhere and slammed his weapon into Meredith's sides. Meredith let out a grunt as he brought down his spear to his sides and slammed the end of the spear into Michael's stomach. I took the opportunity to swing at Meredith's legs. A tiny piece of skin came off his legs as he jumped back. I quickly got back up on my feet and stepped back. How Am'I supposed to attack? I can't get my wind magic, and I can't get close to him because of that stupid spear! I only got my weapon, what Am'I supposed to do with that? It would be somewhat useful if Meredith didn't have magic. I look down at my weapon. I should have gotten a bigger weapon. Ice maybe? I don't know how to use it for attacking but it's the only other magic I know how to use. There is another type of magic I got when Sombra was born but I never used it.

Michael inched towards Meredith. Meredith quickly extended his arm out towards Michael, before the tip of the spear could reach Michael I make a pillar of ice come out from the ground. Meredith's spear shot up into the air as Michael rushed to his side and tried to sweep his feet from out under him. Meredith jumped into the air, but Michael hit him right in the leg. Meredith fell forward as Michael raised his weapon. Meredith caught himself by doing a handstand. Michael brought down his weapon, while Meredith did a hand signs with only one hand. I felt a blast of air come from Meredith's sides. Michael was sent flying while Meredith causally put his feet down and got into a fighting stance. I took one glance at me and rushed towards me. He leaped forward and swung his spear like a bat to the side of my face. I duck and fell something brush against my chest. I stepped to the side and swung my weapon at my his stomach. He smacked my weapon with his spear, my weapon was sent flying out of my hands. Meredith quickly followed it up to a smack to the face. My head jolted to the side as my neck cracked. I sense him about to attack my cheek so I stepped back. He quickly took a step forward and tried to stab my eye. I stepped to the side and quickly went up behind him. I made a sharp piece of ice and brought it down onto his back.  The piece of ice pierced his back as Meredith didn't bother turning around as he brought up his foot and kicked me in the stomach. I was knocked off my feet, I landed on my butt.

Michael rushed by me. The crackles of fire whooshed in front of me as the sparks of the flames landed in front of me. I look up to see Michael's body flying back in my direction. Michael smashed into me, his body pushed me down to the ground as footsteps quickly rushed up to us. Michael groaned as Meredith pointed his spear at us. I notice that the bottom half of one of his pants were ripped. I held my breath as I realized that one of his legs was made of metal. The leg was painted black. A large scythe like blade came out from the front, the blade quickly retracted into the leg. I patted the ground next to me. Meredith looked like fine, no sign that he was just in a fight. He stabbed his spear into the ground. I attempt to push Michael off me, but he was too heavy for me.

"Michael get off." I desperately said as his weight crushed me. He slowly rolled onto the ground, I stumble up onto my feet while sweat dripped onto the floor. Michael groaned as he got up. Michael glanced at his leg. 

"Cool leg." Meredith looked shifted on his feet while looking uncomfortable. A dead look appeared in his eyes.

"Ye-yeah th-thanks."

9:30 am

I swing my weapon at the wooden dummy, I channel some Mp into my arm. My arm glowed a bright red as my weapon struck into the wood. A piece of wood flew off the dummy. I try to take out my weapon but the blade wouldn't budge. I store some more Mp into my arm, the blade came out after I had to use all my strength. A box suddenly popped up in front of me.

Uchigatana Mastery- You can use a Uchigatana, you're not good at it, but it's still something. Don't use it in a fight though.

Lvl4(32%) Slash- You can barely use this weapon, stop trying.

I roll my eyes as I read the box. Why can't it be more positive?

"Ivan! Ivan!" I look around for someone calling my name. I notice Michael waving towards me with the tall, lanky guy right by his side while staring at me. I jog over to them. The guy tapped Michael's shoulder and said something to him, I couldn't hear them. 

Michael excitedly turned towards me. 

"We get to leave the camp!"  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 1.3K 47
[ BOOK 1 : COMPLETED ] 2019 is when the pandemic broke, little did they know that the Pandemic was just the beginning of an even bigger threat. Fast...
357 19 4
The primordial Void exists everywhere, engulfing us in its wake. The creatures that dwell in there know only destruction and hagemony. Now they come...
1.9K 299 29
How much shit can a person go through before they're truly dead on the inside?" Life is a challenging journey. It can be even more difficult when thr...
109 5 9
"The world around her swam with mottled light. How long had she been fighting?" So...in sixth grade we took this computer-skills class. Our final tes...