𝔐𝔢 π”‰π”žπ”¦π”― π”π”žπ”‘π”Ά (β„œπ”’π”Ά...

By R0YAL_QUEEN

Ongoing (created 2019 Dec 31st) Almost finished πŸŽ‰ --------------------- Rey, a common girl was raised by a C... More

Chapter One: Raised by a Royal Court
Chapter Two: Celebration Dance
Chapter Three: Fate's Cruelty
Chapter Four: Breakfast Bother and ill Talk
Chapter Five: Tells of the Past
Chapter Six: Before All Else Wakes
Chapter Seven: In the Meadows
Chapter Eight: Thee Unexpected
Chapter Nine: Staying Close
Chapter Ten: Thoughts Unforseen
Chapter Eleven: Dreams on Pages
Chapter Tweleve: Benevolence
Chapter Thirteen: Swift as an Arrow
Chapter Fourteen: A Loosened Grip
Chapter Fifteen: Early Snowfall
Chapter Sixteen: Part of a Distance
Chapter Seventeen: Thicker Than Blood
Chapter Eighteen: Pain's Past
Chapter Twenty: To Keep You Safe
Chapter Twenty-One: Iced Over
Chapter Twenty-Two: Proposal
Chapter Twenty-Three: Marriage
Chapter Twenty-Four: Fighting Beside You
Chapter Twenty-Five: Far from Blood
Chapter Twenty-Six: Becoming a Queen
Chapter Twenty-Seven: One Last Stand
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Liberation

Chapter Nineteen: Turning Twenty

116 6 2
By R0YAL_QUEEN

"Rain may fall
Clouds may fade
But my love for you
Will always stay."

                                   Created by Me

Rey's POV

I should not have been angry. But I was.

Not only at myself for being so oblivious to my history but also because of what Cordelia had kept from me.

Yes...maybe I wasn't quite ready to hear what had to be said.

Maybe I couldn't stomach it at the time. Maybe not even now.

I should have known...but...not like it had been revealed to me a couple days ago.

And...now...today was my birthday.

I was unprepared. Overwrought. Unsteady of not only how today would lead but how I'd have to face it.

I fastened my warm cloak in which draped heavily around me, feeling a sudden eerie chill in the air.

I felt just like the weather appeared.

Cold; filled with misfortune.

But...I couldn't say that I've had it all bad.

I did have Ben looking out for me. A man who I greatly cared for and loved.

Unfortunately, he was nowhere to be seen at the moment.

If fact I hadn't seen him all morning.

At least I wasn't ill or weak anymore. I was glad to be out and about again.

Even if that 'glad' feeling was only a fraction, I was glad to have some type of happiness to go on.

I wanted to stay positive. I was displeased at how awful my emotions had been lately.

All the bad news flooding in would make no one happy if they were to be in my shoes, even if they wished it.

Besides the fact that I had been blushing like a buffoon a couple nights ago from Ben having to carry me inside from my numb legs, as well as the way he calmed my uneasiness...

Everything else felt like such a mess...such chaos.

Now, at least for now.... I had the hope of being free from the castle walls.

Many could agree, just as I, that one could only tolerate the castle walls for so long until one felt sick of it.

Even the royal family had taken a little trip outside the walls today to get some fresh air.

So I was here, outside, walking because I had grown tired of the walls myself.

And every step I toke was a step closer to my planned destination.

My path to the fields just outside the castle grounds.

The place where Ben and I had once had a picnic together.

It was certainly not the most pleasant picnic I wished to have had.

But again...I'm glad Ben was there.

He had saved me, just as he always tried to.

Sitting on a snow-covered log I thought all this through.

Oddly enough, even my own thoughts were growing to be quite dull.

Ben.

Where was he?

All I wished for my birthday was to spend the little time I had with him.

And even he was nowhere to be seen or heard from.

I was surely not going to deny the fact that I sorely missed his company.

I started to shiver so I rubbed my gloves, in which dressed my hands, together to keep my hands from numbing as my face did.

When I felt hands upon my eyes, covering my sense of sight, I shot up.

I then fell back from bumping into the log in which I had previously been seated at.

The figure who surprised me only grumbled from impact.

I laughed nervously and shyly once I found the face who belonged to Ben.

"I'm very sorry Ben. You gave me a fright."

"No worries, at least you had a soft landing." He relinquished his seriousness to a soft and genuine look.

A look meant just for me.

"Happy birthday."

Still pondering on the thought of how he glanced at me, I lacked to notice where I had fallen.

I scuffled to stand.

"I-I'm sorry...again. And thank you."

He got up with such ease.

In comparison to him, I must have looked like an infant who was standing for the first time.

I so greatly wanted to crawl into my winter cloak and disappear off the face of the planet.

My ears heated as I took my eyes to looking at the ground where my feet were located.

"Why do you appear so shy today? It's your birthday is it not?"

His dark shoes that were always the shade of black came into view, being only an arm's length away from where I stood.

"Indeed it is. I'm just shocked at your sudden appearance. But I'm happy."

The last bit of my sentence was unintentionally said too softly.

And so tender my words were....that Ben had instantly laid his hands to my face.

He was so close to my face that I could feel his warm breath warming my face.

I could smell small traces of earthy pine from the woods on his clothes.

His scent was reassuring and comforting.

Something I simply did not wish to depart from.

I finally looked toward his eyes, something I hadn't been meaning to dodge every since he had appeared.

The only reason I was was because of how flustered and vulnerably I was at the moment.

I...truly wished...to kiss him.

But I knew I could not...not yet.

I knew I was feeling exposed and weak and that was only because of how my life was going right now.

With all the family-history-revealing thing and all.

I felt like a wreck and as most do when they feel weak...

They need something or someone to comfort them, to pity them. To baby them.

He was not going to be that...

I refuse to use someone like him as such, he was someone I loved...I did not want to hurt him.

Not even if it's just his company...I did not want him to pity me.

I was more than that.

And I knew these thoughts I had were no more than that, I knew because that wasn't what I felt.

I felt no pity not even from him.

It was not even a feeling but a secure thought.

Ben loved me.

He was currently even holding me as if I were slip away from his grasp at any second.

But I was nowhere near from disappearing.

Instead I felt to stay in his hold, drawing closer to him as we stood there, silent, in one's company.

This is all I wanted today...to be beginning a new year of my life with the man I loved.

Of course, my mother did desire and did already plan a small party for me.

A grand celebration as she thought of it as.

I knew I'd know almost no one who'd be invited. Most would just be there for the food and fun.

The only two that would be there for me, in any way, would be my mother and Ben.

In that alone, I guess I was fine to attend instead of skipping like a planned this morning...

Unless...I did skip it.

If I did decide to ditch my own celebration it would be the first time to completely disobey my mother.

In that I never did neither did I enjoy to do it but I was tired of being treated like a child.

I wished to have no party. Only the company of my loved ones.

So I decided to ask Ben on his thoughts.

"You know of my birthday celebration my mother is to throw for me?"

"Yes." He only nodded briefly in understanding what I was talking about.

"Would it be too much trouble...if we were to run a little late...maybe even disappear for the rest of the evening?" My hand placed over his hand which laid over my cheek.

He did not speak. I became afraid that he had thought low of me for even mentioning such a thing.

"It was a foolish thing to say. Forget I said anything." I let go of his hand to step back.

He stopped me.

"If that it was you wish, I found a place you would like very much."

He smiled, again, so sweetly that my heart could have melt like butter in the sun.

So together we traveled, far away from the castle to a place I never even thought of discovering.

Ben had led me to place covered in snow.

A once fruitful field full of harvest of summer was now dressed in a white winter wonderland.

A herd of deer, which I had saw with my very own eyes...for the first time...were spotted as Ben leaned over to me.

"For the past few days I've been looking for a place to venture with you. This was all I could really find. Have you seen deer before?"

"Only in books. But this is perfect, so beautiful...thank you Ben." Before I had said my thanks I had given a surprise kiss on the cheek to him.

His eyes shined like the brightest star, causing me to fluster.

At this moment I had nearly forgotten it was my birthday.

And I could have cared less.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.8K 50
"Not many people can tell me no," Kylo Ren declared. "But you evidently think that you can" "That's why you're so stuck up," you retorted quickly. "B...
1.5K 24 23
Set in the 14th century, king Ben from Ireland makes England a new ally when the king and queen of England offer king Ben their daughter, Rey's hand...
163K 3.8K 46
*REYLO SMUT/SEX SCENES-MATURE CONTENT* (This book was written before episode 9. If you read this book it is very similar to the movie but with the en...
4.5K 246 21
Rey, an abandoned nobody, fought side by side with the powerful Kylo Ren. She saw a future in him, a redemption of Ben Solo. She believed it, and a p...