Last Try

By jensooffs

The neighbours Jennie and Jisoo are stuck in an elevator for hours. By the time they are rescued, their relat... More

Introduction
*1*
*2*
*3*
*4*
*5*
*6*
*7*
*8*
*9*
*10*
*11*
*12* 🔞
*13*
*14*
*15*
*16*
*17*
*18*
*19*
*20*
*21*
*22*
*23*
*24* 🔞
*25*
*26*
*27*
*28*
*29*
*30*
*31*
*32*
*33*
*34*
*35*
*36*
*37*
*37.5* 🔞
*38*
*39*
*40*
*41*
*42* 🔞
*43*
*44* 🔞
*44.5*
*45*
*46*
*47* 🔞
*48*
*49*
*50*
*51*
*52*
*53*
*54*
*55*
*56*
*57*
*57.1*
*58*
*59*
**60**
**61** 🔞
**62**
**64** 🔞
**65**
**66**
**67** 🔞
**68**
**69**
**70**
**71**
**72**

**63**

3.2K 158 71
By jensooffs

"They said what!?"

"Calm down Nini." Taehyung cleared his throat, gesturing to the people outside his office. They could hear her outburst and making a scene wouldn't do her good.

So Jennie grumbled and closed the door before she plopped herself on the chair across him.

"Now say that again Tae." She dared the man with a glare.

"I said, there have been complaints because you were, exclamation marks, mean." He repeated calmly.

"That's bullshit! I'm super nice! Who said that!? I'm going to fire them and eat their first born--"

Jennie retracted her statement as soon as she realized that it might have come across in a wrong way.

Taehyung looked at her with a look that said 'see?'

"You will see," She spoke determined. "I'm going to be so nice it'll hurt."

"Don't hurt anyone please."

"Oh I will hurt them all," She scrambled on her feet and crossed her arms. "With kindness."

*****

Jeongyeon opened the door after hearing nine knocks. That's the pattern Jisoo uses whenever she visits them.

Knowing it was Jisoo, she didn't peek at the spy hole which was a huge mistake. Because Jisoo wasn't alone.

"What is that?" Jeongyeon asked right away, skipping the greetings.

"This is Al Fahl. I owe him to Nayeon since ages and because Jennie is busy I thought I would spend the day to get even with Nadong." Jisoo stepped into the apartment with him.

"Nayeon!" Jeongyeon called and the bunny dashed downstairs with a messy bun and loose tee.

"Yes?" Her eyes darted skeptically between her wife Jisoo and Al Fahl.

"Why did Jisoo bring a camel called Al Fahl to our home?" She folded her arms and squinted her eyes.

"Oh! She did? Took you long enough!" Nayeon grinned and hugged the camel.

"He's all yours now." Jisoo patted his hump.

Jeongyeon cleared her throat, interrupting them in petting the camel.

"It goes without saying that we are not keeping him." She said firmly.

"But--"

"No buts! Get dressed, we are returning him!"

"Returning him?" Jisoo repeated with a raised brow. "That will be hard."

"We will manage." Jeongyeon shrugged and dragged the two along with the camel outside on the road to bring back the animal.

*****

"Maeng, why are you writing down recordings in your free time?" Jennie asked her assistant purposefully in a loud tone. The other workers glanced at them.

Once Jennie was sure she had their attention she gave Maeng a friendly smile.

"B-Because you said only the weak take breaks, Mrs. Kim?" Maeng asked fearfully.

"I don't recall that. You should take a break Maeng. A long one." Jennie responded clearly and clicked her tongue.

"Are you firing me!?" Maeng's face fell and her voice was raised.

"What--"

"Please don't fire me Mrs. Kim! I have a bird to feed! I can not be homeless again!"

Maeng's pleas for mercy made everyone whisper while giving Jennie looks. Her plan to be nice backfired.

"I'm not firing you! You dimwit!"

Jennie's eyes widened after her outburst. Oh shit. She did it again.

Maeng trembled in her seat. "T-Thank you for your endless kindness Mrs. Kim.."

Scary right?

That's why we call her the dragon.

You better not make her angry.

She will tear you into pieces.

"Who said that!?" Jennie turned to the crowd making them all flinch in fear. "I'm not mean! I'm nice! Whoever is scared of me come to the front! Now!"

Everyone ran to the very back of the room and pressed their bodies against the wall.

"That's right! There is nothing to fear!" Jennie folded her arms and stared down on them.

"Nini." Taehyung stood behind her with his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose.

*****

"What do you mean you don't know where to return the camel?"

Jeongyeon walked ahead while Jisoo and Nayeon tried to drag Al Fahl with them.

"A guy who lives in his truck gave Al Fahl to me." Jisoo pushed his back because he stopped moving.

"Great." Jeongyeon facepalmed herself and called her colleague Eunwoo.

"Jisoo you should stop groping his butt, what if he shits on you?" Nayeon took a step back from the two because the camel's face turned strange.

"Do you know what camel shit looks like? It's just small--"

A repetive plopping sound rang in the air and Jisoo's lips were sealed.

Nayeon stared at her before she looked at her feet. Neither of them moved.

"Small balls?" Nayeon finished and lifted her head.

Jisoo's mouth was still closed and she was frozen in her spot. However the camel started moving again, leaving her behind.

*****

"Mrs. Kim can I get the day off? My son has a ballet performance."

"Yes of course you can. You are a good father." She placed her hands on his shoulders and complimented him.

"Mrs. Kim, can you babysit my cat tomorrow?"

"Anytime! I'd love to girl!" She stretched her hand out and gave the woman a high five.

"Mrs. Kim I accidentally lost the file about the Park case. I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay! I'm just going to redo it from scratch, don't worry brother." She fistbumped the man.

Jennie slumped herself on her seat in her office when everyone was gone. She rubbed her temples, being nice is so hard.

"I have to admit, I'm amazed." Taehyung stepped into her office and leaned against her table.

"Does everyone love me yet?" Jennie inquired.

"They actually do. Especially since you are hosting a barbecue or something?" Taehyung asked surprised.

"Yeah, I did say I would. In celebration of everyone being healthy and happy blah blah." Jennie scrunched up her nose in disgust.

Taehyung chuckled. "Keep it up champ. You might become the most popular person in the company." He gave her shoulder a pat.

"Huh? There is a most popular worker here?" Jennie raised her eyebrows.

"There is. His name is Joshua." Taehyung confirmed.

"Never heard of a Joshua." Jennie frowned.

"You employed him. He works with you for nine years." Taehyung explained.

"Yeah? And what makes him the most popular person?" Jennie crossed her arms.

Oh no. What did Taehyung just do? He mentally slapped himself. There goes Jennie being competitive and irrational again.

"Forget what I said--"

"No. I want to know all about this popular Joshua I apparently already know."

"Nini--"

"Tell me Tae."

*****

Finding the owner of the camel wasn't too hard considering that Jeongyeon is a police officer (and yes used her databases and devices to identify the man from Jisoo's descriptions.)

"Can't we keep him please?" Nayeon tried once more. "He likes you."

"No he doesn't." Jeongyeon averted her gaze and didn't even look at him.

They were waiting at the corner of the street for a truck to pull up. Eunwoo has contacted the man and lured him to their location under the excuse that they want to buy another camel.

Nayeon patted the camel forward until he nudged Jeongyeon's hand and grunted.

"Get off me." Jeongyeon pulled her arm back and stepped sideways.

"Cruel." Jisoo fake cried. "Just look at him, you hurt his feelings."

Al Fahl grunted and pressed the side of his head against her arm yet again.

"Stop it! I don't like you!" Jeongyeon complained. His response was pushing her waist with his head and making her involunatarily side step to gain balance. "Hey!"

"He is stubborn, he won't stop until you love him." Jisoo narrated, chuckling at the sidelines with Nayeon. They watched the camel trying to gain Jeongyeon's attention but she stayed firm on her decision to ignore him.

Finally the truck arrived. They walked towards it and the door opened. A middle aged man with sunglasses came out. "You called?"

While they greeted the man another person rushed to them. "Hi! Are you selling drugs?" A man with brown hair and a vest asked.

"Yes--"

"Aren't you that police officer?" Jisoo interrupted him and turned to Jeongyeon. "Your co-worker... what was his name? Jungkook?"

"No, I'm not." He stepped his foot down loudly and glared at Jisoo. "I'm someone who is looking for illegal substances to purchase."

Jeongyeon sighed. Jungkook stuck a sticker over his police badge. No one would fall for such a disguise. And that's why they don't let him do tasks on his own. Why is he even here? He was probably assigned to find this man coincidentally.

"I don't think he is a cop, he has no badge." The man denied, baffling Jisoo and Nayeon. Then he turned to the camel. "I don't take back what I sold." He recognised the camel.

"We don't want the money back. We just want to return that thing." Jeongyeon gave him an offer he couldn't reject.

"And I want illegal drugs." Jungkook requested.

"Okay, I'm just going to get some--"

"Gotcha!" Jungkook ripped the sticker off his badge and raised his arms as signal for the police cars to drive to them. They quickly ambushed and arrested him.

"Wait!" Jeongyeon called as they brought the man inside a car. "You can't arrest him before we gave him back his camel! Wait! Guys! Please!" But they didn't listen and did their job.

"Well, seems like we are stuck together." Nayeon threw one arm around a cursing Jeongyeon and the other on the camel's hump.

*****

The brunette used the elevator to reach the a lower office and inspect Joshua's work space. The second she stepped into the room people tensed up since they thought Jennie was watching them. She walked to Joshua's desk and stared down on him.

"Are you Joshua?"

"That's me." The man nodded with a small grin. He wasn't tense unlike the other workers.

"Stand up." She told him and he obliged without hesitation. "We are going to have a competition."

"A competition? You and me?" The young man smiled.

"Yes." Jennie said sternly, her face blank.

She explained him that they were both going to host a barbecue and the one who is able to have more guests is the winner. She even gave everyone the day off only for that. That boosted the amount of people who went to her side.

Taehyung told her it was unnecessary and just stops them from their work but Jennie said they deserve a good time while not stoping to stare at a smiling Joshua.

They went to the rooftop and divided the ground with a white line in the middle. On the left side Jennie hosts her party and on the right side is Joshua's place. Taehyung has to walk around and count the people that will appear on each side.

"Nini, don't you think this is too much?" He helped her set up her half, she informed Joshua that both had one hour to prepare everything before the workers will arrive on the rooftop.

"It's not. This is the perfect way to see who is more popular. Besides it's sunny and nice for a barbecue." Jennie placed the meat from the cooler on the grill with a pair of tongs. She peeked over and saw Joshua doing the same.

His meat looked unseasoned, Jennie clicked her tongue. She is definitely the better cook among the two. Unlike him she had a thermometer and sauce for the meat, as well as a lot of veggies.

Too bad her daughter isn't here, she could need those vegetables because Jennie thinks she might not eat them on her class trip. She would have liked to facetime Lia now but due to her age she was not allowed to take a phone with her on the trip.

"Tae, can you tell Jisoo I'm at the rooftop?" Jennie asked him casually like he turned into her secretary.

Taehyung nodded and fished his phone out to write her a message. She couldn't afford to order anyone else around because they might go to Joshua's side then.

Suddenly she heard talking and laughing, they are here. Instantly a few people filled her side of the rooftop, there were many on Joshua's side too. Taehyung made his way to count the attendance of each side.

She served her grilled meat and vegetables in paper plates, as well as soda in paper cups. Everyone seemed delighted by the taste. More people came to Jennie's side because of the good smell. The brunette smiled to herself victoriously.

But out of nowhere people left her side and went to Joshua. What? Why? She turned around and saw her wife, Nayeon, Jeongyeon and a camel with a party hat. They are watching the camel.

The small woman marched over to them and slapped Jisoo's shoulder with her tong. "What are you doing helping the enemy!?"

"Huh?" Jisoo flinched and turned around to see her angry dumpling. Her confused expression quickly turned into a smile. "Hey Jendeuk--"

"Don't Jendeuk me now. Get the camel on the other side." She requested with crossed arms and a pout.

"You want the camel?" Jeongyeon's head whipped to her. "He's yours! Go Al Fahl! Go!" She pushed him but he was motionless. "Goooo!" She jumped on his back and nudged his ears.

Then he grunted and dashed forward.

"Wait! This is a roof!" Jennie's common sense managed to replace her competitive mood.

"If I die I will haunt you Jisoo and Nayeon!" Jeongyeon's voice spoke loudly as she wrapped her arms around the camel's neck while screaming.

He didn't stop running, they were almost at the railing.

"Stop cursing and jump off his back!" Nayeon and the others tried to catch up with him but he was much faster than they expected.

"Then he will die!" Jeongyeon rejected the idea and suddenly the camel stopped. Right as his feet touched the railing. She exhaled deeply and slid down from him, not even bothering to step on her feet.

"Oh my god...." Nayeon hugged the police officer and had tears in her eyes. Her emotional state made Jeongyeon emotional too, but then she had to open her mouth. "You love him!" She exclaimed with a tear stained face and quivering lips.

"What!?" Jeongyeon snorted.

"You didn't save yourself. You stayed with him..." Jisoo sat down and patted her shoulder. She also was looking very moved.

Everyone gathered on Jennie's side of the barbecue and complimented Jeongyeon's action.

"That.... that was so brave of you."

"You are a great camel mother."

"A cute pair."

"What are all of you talking about!? Take him away from me! I'm not his mom!" She whined and turned to Jennie in hopes she still wanted him.

"I think that's enough everyone, give them some space." Jennie cleared her throat and the firm employees vanished. "Thank you Jeongyeon and camel, thanks to you I won." She bent down and gave them her gratitude.

"What even?" The police officer frowned and bumped the back of her head against the railing. Then she felt the camel squat down and nuzzle against her body.

"See? He really does like you." Nayeon commented.

"Whatever. I don't care anymore." Jeongyeon gave in defeated.

"Do I smell your spicy barbecue sauce?" Jisoo turned around and asked Jennie.

Jennie chuckled. "I will reheat the food for you at home."

"Hey." Officer Jeon walked over to them with a frown.

"What do you want here Jungkook?" Jeongyeon greeted him puzzled.

"The man we arrested, we found out that this camel is stolen. So I came to retrieve and return it to the rightful owners." Jungkook explained.

"Oh." Jeongyeon nodded her head. Everyone watched her with a pitiful look. "What...? Do you-- Do you guys think I'm sad..? I'm not!" She crossed her arms.

"Yeah we know honey. It's going to be all right." Nayeon said softly and stroked her head.

"I said I'm fine!" She slapped Nayeon's hand away and scoffed.

"You can babysit our dogs whenever you want." Jisoo offered her and gave her back a light pat.

"Take the camel and go!" Jeongyeon told Jungkook. He obliged and took the lead rope of the camel.

The camel grunted in Jeongyeon's direction.

"Go." She waved her hands for the camel to take it as a sign of goodbye.

He grunted once more and turned to Jungkook.

"I'm so proud of you." Nayeon spoke with tears in her eyes.

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes and stomped away, not turning around to look at the camel.

"She is probably going to cry now." Nayeon mumbled and went after her to cheer her up.

"I'm not going to cry!" They heard Jeongyeon whine as the two distanced themselves from them.

"I guess that just leave me and you." Jisoo kissed Jennie's cheek, earning a giggle from her.

"Nini, could you look at this file?" Taehyung who was walking up the stairs called. He marched to them with a folder.

"It's for--" The words turned inaudible when his eyes trailed on the officer who was trying to pull a camel away.

He was so dazed that he tripped over his own feet.

"Woah, careful there." Jungkook was quick on his feet to catch the other.

Taehyung lifted his head and his gaze met Jungkook's. A pink tint donned his cheeks. "Thanks..." He mumbled bashfully.

"Oh my god." Jisoo gushed and grabbed Jennie's hand. "Are you seeing what I am seeing?"

"Yes." Jennie smiled and squeezed Jisoo's hand. They silently sneaked past them to the exit.

And so they gave the two privacy in hopes they would hit it off well and went back to their apartment where their dogs greeted them.

"You don't think I'm mean, do you...?" Jennie questioned while she filled their bowls up with food and water.

"No way, Jendeuk. When you hiss at me it's like a grumpy cat hissing at me. Not mean, you just have a thic-- cute head." Jisoo corrected quickly, a few giggles of hers resonating.

"Hey." Jennie frowned.

"Do you want milk ice cream? I bought some." Jisoo pecked her head and diverted the topic.

Jennie's frown dissipated as a small smile creeped its way on her lips.

"Hmph, since you bought it I might as well eat that ice cream." Jennie walked to the fridge in a robotic way but Jisoo could tell she was just trying to conceal her excitement.

The second Jennie brought the milk ice cream to her lips, she visibly relaxed.

"Good girl." Jisoo sauntered to the smiling brunette and wrapped her arm around her small waist. "Let's watch that horrible series you like so much?" She pulled her to the couch.

"It's not horrible."

"I guess the first season was bearable." Jisoo shrugged and used the remote to start an episode.

"It's a good series." Jennie exclaimed and shuffled to Jisoo's side.

"Your only flaw." Jisoo teased. She did not understand why Jennie liked those mediocre Netflix series that get way too many seasons like Riverdale and 13 Reasons Why.

"Say that again and I will make you watch Kissing Booth. Both of them." Jennie used her free arm to intertwine it with Jisoo's while she snuggled against her chest.

Jisoo immediately shut up and pulled Jennie closer to her. The younger's head pressed against her shoulder as she licked on her ice cream.

"Good girl." Jennie chuckled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 75.7K 48
Jungkook and Lisa find themselves together in an elevator. What could possibly go wrong? Started : 8/6/17 Completed : 26/1/18 #607 in fanfiction ~ 12...
159K 10.5K 68
Where Kim Jisoo doesn't like kids and is afraid to settle down until she met Jennie Kim who is a married woman with a lovely daughter.
1M 27.1K 22
Lisa is a police officer, Jennie is a doctor... Two women, an irresistible attraction and lots of obstacles. Will they make it work?
171K 9.8K 38
Heiresses Jennie and Jisoo ran away from a blind arranged marriage. They meet on the street and seek shelter in each other, unaware that they were to...