๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—น๐—น๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ธ; markhy...

By sungchan_sunday_

[l.m x l.dh] เณƒโ€โžท in which donghyuck is blissfully unaware of his inappropriate nigh... More

pillow talk
one
two
three
four
five {mature}
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven {mature}
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen {mature}
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five {mature}
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four

thirteen

6.7K 470 245
By sungchan_sunday_

─────── • ❥ • ───────

The days were seemingly longer during the past week, if that were even possible. The temperature was only dropping, the likelihood of being freed from school for midterm was minimal and Mark was still stuck wearing summer-weight pyjamas.

This one night in particular appeared to be a little more forgiving, though. Donghyuck hadn't risen from his bed, and the clock had already struck two in the morning. The ravenette was off the hook for the remainder of the night, and took it very willingly.

His body was starting to punish him for not taking sleep when he was given it, lately. During the day, he would suffer through immense headaches, sore eyes, and of course, went about in a generally lethargic manner. It was blatantly obvious that he couldn't blame insomnia anymore.....though his friends had no idea what else was at play.

Sliding his legs over his mattress and hobbling over to the door, Mark took one long-lasting look over his shoulder at Donghyuck. The younger was very much asleep, and it assured him that leaving wouldn't create unsolvable problems.

Opening the heavy wooden door and letting it restfully click shut behind him, the teen creeped across the decrepit floors that screamed under his average weight. He was sure at least one person on his floor had to have heard him, but nobody stirred and he made it to the staircase without a hitch.

His main focus was reaching the small lobby on the ground floor that consisted of three couches, two armchairs and an old fashioned fireplace. People usually spent their time there when the weather was too extreme to leave the dorm building. Though this time, Mark just wanted a quiet place to clear his mind.

The roaring sounds of a snowstorm outside sent goosebumps trailing up and down his bare legs. Snow was pelting down against the windows, the noise echoing around the stone formed building.

Once Mark stepped off the staircase and padded into the small sociable space, he was expecting it to be utterly empty.....yet it wasn't.

Amidst the darkness of the shadows, sat on the end of one couch, was a boy. His features were blacked out due to the lack of light, though Mark could clearly make out the distinct shape of one leg folded over the other and straight posture.

Ugh, I thought everyone would've been asleep, the black haired boy inwardly tsked, taking a step back to ascend the stairs once more. Disregarding the deafening silence, a throat clearance was heard. The dark stranger was informing Mark that he didn't mind company.

"Sit," he hummed nonchalantly, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees and clasped his hands. "I don't bite."

That's what all serial killers say, the younger thought, chewing the wall of his cheek before deciding that this was a school setting and that there was no way he'd be axed down tonight.

Cautiously, he sat down onto the couch opposite, pulling his cold legs to his chest and hugging them for much needed warmth. The storm outside continued to rage, but it was as though it existed on a different plain whilst Mark sat alone with the other.

"I see your a nocturnal human, like me...." the person spoke softly and quietly, turning the flashlight on his phone on in order to shed light into the small space. Once his features were illuminated, Mark recognised him as one of the seniors.

"You're......" he tried to pluck a name from his memory, knowing it was an odd one. The damn word was sitting on the tip of his tongue, yet he couldn't quite claim it.

"Ten. I'm in my final year," the black haired boy answered for him, smiling brightly when Mark clapped his hands together at the memory. He wanted to kick himself for not remembering something so unusual.

"I'm sorry," the younger dipped his head low and apologetically, "I'm really bad with names....."

"Don't worry about it," Ten waved it off, "I'm not aware of yours either. What's your name?"

The taller smiled a little, somewhat happy that someone he wasn't acquainted with was talking to him. It was like a breath of fresh air, alleviating most of his tired stress. "I'm Mark. Mark Lee."

"Well Mark Lee, I would love to give you my actual name, but you'd never remember it. So Ten is fine."

Both gazed at each other in the thick darkness of the night. The atmosphere was no longer tense or awkward, but much more soothing.

"Actually," the older thought for a moment, muttering Mark's name a couple of times to find what it was he was looking for. "I think I've heard of you."

"Seriously? No way."

"Yes way. I think someone mentioned you to me once because...." he trailed off, eyes widening and immediately shaking his head. "Never mind."

"Huh?" Mark pressed, "Oh come on, don't be like that. Is this because I room with Taeyong and the others?"

Ten seemed to visibly straighten up, eyes piercing into the younger as he sized him up. If Mark had a more trained eye for detail, he would've noticed that the other was looking for something in him.

"Please tell me....." the taller begged cutely, sliding his legs down into crossed leg position. His lip was jutted out in a pout and he hadn't even realised he was doing it before Ten covered his mouth with the back of his hand, and giggled.

"Okay, okay," he sighed, looking down at the ground momentarily. "Someone may have mentioned that you like boys. Is that true?"

Well.....that's an odd rumour to circulate. Most people know me for my insomnia. "It's..." he started, wincing with nervousness. He didn't want to ruin a perfectly good moment, "It's true."

The raventte sighed with an adorable sparkly smile. He had a certain star quality that Mark had never seen in anyone before.......except Donghyuck.

"That's actually pretty awesome," Ten beamed enthusiastically.

"It is?"

"Of course it is! I'm gay as well, so that probably answers your questions as to why someone told me about you."

Mark relaxed back into the sofa, far more relieved by the fact that there weren't bad things spoken about him. "I-I didn't realise there was anyone else in this school like me...."

The older stood up, his navy coloured tracksuit bottoms flowing down to his ankles. "Then I guess we should look out for each other, hm?" He murmured, slowly sitting down beside the younger and holding out his hand. "I'm well aware of why you were hesitant to admit your interests."

Mark nodded slowly, totally mesmerised by this person and a little.....intrigued? Excited? Allured? There was no telling for sure just yet, but Ten was definitely someone he didn't want to simply 'forget'.

He took the slender and beautiful hand, feeling it wrap around his own and give him a reassuring squeeze.

"I shall look out for you more often," the shorter chuckled, lying back and getting comfortable.

"Why are you even down here? It's so early."

"My roommates are extremely irritating. I usually spend nights down here and return at around half six."

"Oh," Mark smiled as he knew exactly how he felt. "Smart."

"And you?" Ten threw the question back. "What's your little story?"

"Well...." he groaned, falling back to lay against the back rest as well, "I'm an insomniac. Not only that, but I have a sleepwalking roommate."

"Ouch. That sucks."

"Well," Mark hummed, tilting his head to view the other once again, "Maybe things could get better."

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 5.6K 52
Two boys. Both leading different lives...and yet, they appear to be so similar... ใ€ŽStarted: November 4th 2019ใ€ ใ€ŽEnded: December 23rd 2019ใ€ ร—Top rank...
324K 7.5K 49
โฆ๏ธŽโ€ข แด€ sแด›แดส€ส ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ แด€ ษขษชส€สŸ ษขแด‡แด›s แด…แด€ษชสŸส สœษชแด„แด‹แด‡สs า“ส€แดแด แด›สœแด‡ sแด„สœแดแดสŸ's า“แดœแด„แด‹ส™แดส [there may be a few spelling mistakes and errors. please ignore! also this i...
20.9K 588 21
In which, Mark has a wet dream about his best friend, Donghyuck, and struggles to cope with his newly developed feelings. *Please be warned, there ar...
106K 7.5K 46
[n.jm x l.jn x h.rj] เณƒโ€โžท in which a quiet boy with an unresponsive nature has to listen to a loudmouth talk about ...