Light in the Dark

By Mother0fMischief

When magic begins to die out, polluted and corrupted because of inbreeding, blood supremacy, and one man's id... More

Let me tell you a Story
Marvolo's Story
Severus' Story
And so our Story Begins
To be Rescued; To be Healed and Loved
To Hogwarts we go!
First day of Class
Halloween
The Aftermath
The Will Reading
Cute and Fluffy
The End of First Year
A Terrible Start to Second Year
Back to Hogwarts We Go!
The Chamber is Opened?
Trouble Brewing
The Mystery Deepens; Aragog
Her Skeleton will Remain
Unforgivable
The Aftermath- Wakened
Foreshadowing
Happy Birthday, Harry
Execution; Third Year begins
Dementors, New Professors, and Idiots, Oh my!
The Boggart
The Dementors

The Yule Ball

3.3K 140 214
By Mother0fMischief

~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ Chapter 9 ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~

Five days later, Severus got the book with many rituals pertaining to the dead, bringing back that which was lost or healing soul damage. She told him that when he found the ritual he wanted, to write to her so she could get the ingredients fresh because most have to be fresh or they risk subpar results or a backlash. He also received a letter that he was expected to visit on Christmas with Tom or his Nana would be most displeased. He chuckled and sent off another missive, confirming the visit and thanking his Nana for her help. He gave the book to Lucius to read since the man seemed to be heading this little task, Enperadorea reading over the blonde's shoulder.

This made Severus curious because as far as he knows Naragi and Nagini cannot read English, Parselscript yes, but nothing else. So Enperadorea was not a normal snake because Naragi's bond with Marvolo was very strong, it was how he knew that his mate was not dead, his Familiar would have died with him. But then again, Tom was still an infant and it is possible that Naragi lived as long as she had because her master's offspring was still a Hatchling and needed guidance and protection. While Severus could provide that, he could not teach him much about being a Naga. Naragi, like all Magical Serpents, was born with eons worth of knowledge and experience. This made her a very valuable tutor for his son.

But Enperadorea was a puzzle. However he would not bother with it for now, he had three young boys to shop for, and a soon to be 12 year old to get extra presents and his favorite cake. Maybe he could bake it like he use to before the stresses of being a working mom took over and he was forced to buy the cake. Tom never complained, but Severus could tell that his son prefered the homemade taste verse the lackluster bakery perfection. Severus looked up when the boys came rushing into the parlor. They paused long enough to greet them before Draco quickly grabs the tape dispencer off his father's desk, a quick 'we need this' being shouted and off they went again, Tom had one in his hand, the silver bats telling Severus that his son grabbed that one from his own office and Harry had one too, most likely Narcissa's.

"What are they doing?" Lucius asks as he blinks confused.

"§Gift wrapping..§" Enperadorea says. "§They kicked Naragi, Nagini and I out so we would not accidentally spoil the gifts they got for everyone, they will wrap the gifts to each other in their rooms respectively. I am assuming your sons have never wrapped gifts before.§"

"And how do we know that Hadrian knows how?" Lucius asks back.

"§The filthy Muggles.§" Was all he hissed and the two men growl.

Enperadorea knows that Harry was quite good at gift wrapping, having watched as that horse faced woman forced him to wrap all the gifts for the neighbors or the winter charity events. The only ones she ever wrapped herself was for her precious 'Duddy Wuddy' and her husband. Shaking off the memories, he kept reading over Lucius' shoulder...

~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~

Yule arrived and the Manor was a glittering Winter Wonderland, a grand feast and Ball had been arranged and invites had been sent out with RSVPs coming back almost at the same time. Unfortunately, Hermione couldn't come because of previous family plans, but the boys had made sure to send her gifts to her before her family left so that on Christmas she could open them. Harry sat in the bathtub, Enperadorea soaking with him, though he kept his back to Harry as he usually did when they bathed together. Dobby was washing Harry's growing hair, combing it out and carefully adding a special oil in to help tame it down. But it seemed the longer it grew, the weight was helping to tame the wild curls.

"Dobby's finished, Master Harry Potter sir! Dobby bes leavings yous to soaks! Dobby'll bes back in 15 minutes!" with that he popped off and Harry got to enjoy his bath time.

§Do I have to dance at the ball?§ Harry asks Enperadorea, who gives a snaky shrug.

§Only if you want to. Or a very persistent girl bullies you into dancing.§ He mentally snorts at that. Tom has been rather possessive of Harry and it amused the snake so much to see the young Alpha to-be stake such an obvious claim! He was so much like his father.

Harry scrunches up his nose. He would not mind dancing, but if someone was too pushy or bullied someone who clearly didn't want to dance, he was unsure how he would react. He got out of the bath just as Dobby appears and with the Elf's help, he dries off, dries his hair and gets dressed. Dobby then pops away as his Aunty Cissa comes in and helps him re-comb his hair and style it. She gives hims a half up hairstyle that allows some of his fringe to hang before his famous scar.

"There we are. Nice and handsome...." She smiles. "Now then, there is no reason to be so nervous. The children will be eating in a room adjoining to the large dining hall and the ball is to take place across the hall. If at any point you need a break or feel overwhelmed, do not hesitate to inform myself, your Uncle Luc or Severus. Draco and Tom will surely be at your side, but just in case you are alone, feel free to call Dobby and have him take you away to somewhere safe. I want you comfortable. And don't feel bad about falling asleep before the ceremony, you only have to worry about staying up for it after you present at 13. by then it will be a bit easier for you to stay up so late."

"Thank you, auntie..." Harry hugs her and she smiles and holds him close.

"You are welcome, sweetie... Come along now, let's see if Draco and Tom are ready yet... ah, you look very handsome Enperadorea!" She smiles at the snake who has a large bow tied around his 'neck.' It makes him look cute, but she would never dare to say it to his face. The snake had quite the personality on him.

Said snake gives her a judging look, but does not argue or fight as he is picked up by Harry, who smiles at the Gryffindor red bow. It was so big, Enperadorea looked like he had great red butterfly wings! They walk to the ballroom which has been transformed into an enchanted Winter Fairy forest with glittering fairy lights, lit by actual fairies, floating among the trees and in the air as the ceiling was charmed to snow, the flakes vanishing about a foot from the ground as shimmering icicles danced on an invisible wind, reflecting the lights in brilliant colors. The marble floor looked like polished ice with mesmerizing patterns and shapes in winter colors dancing about. The very air smelt like crisp snow and was a pleasantly cool temperature.

Tables of food and drink were strategically scattered around the room, the adult drinks were heavily warded to keep underage Magicals from trying to sneak any. Harry gasped in awe as his aunt giggles softly, pleased that her hard work and effort as well as the efforts of their House Elves have paid off. She guides him over to where her son and husband were standing and Draco stops fidgeting with his cravat at seeing his mother. Lucius looks like a fairy tale king in his fancy suit and robes, his hair glistening in its elaborate braid. His uncle does not smile with his face, but with his eyes at seeing Harry dressed up so nicely.

The gender neutral cut of the trousers and effeminate shirt and vest added to his androgynous features as his normally wild black hair was tamed. The half do looked rather adorable on the child and the dark blue and Slytherin green of his clothes brought out his pale skin and the unique brightness of his green eyes. Draco wore black with a deep blue shirt, his hair was carefully coiffed and gelled into place as he wore a heavy looking necklace and stood like a little prince at his father's side.

"You look wonderful, Hadrian." Lucius complements and Harry blushes softly as he murmurs a soft thanks. Draco bows his head to him, smirking with pleasure. He had picked out the dark blue trousers and vest, Tom had picked out the green shirt. Harry did not have to wear a cravat, which he was only mildly jealous of, but then again they were trying to keep too much attention away from Harry than he was already going to receive this evening.

"Uncle Severus and Tom will be here soon." Draco tells Harry when he sees him looking around for said older boy. "I like your bow, Enperadorea."

"§Laugh it up, brat.... I will eat you in your sleep...§" said snake grumps. If it was possible, they are sure he would be blushing. If he was embarrassed about the bow or the color, they were not sure.

The guests begin arriving, greeting the Malfoys and their ward with warm words or at least very convincing smiles before spreading out through the room. Harry wondered where Tom and Uncle Severus were when something lime green, fools gold yellow, and cough syrup red with a lot of silver tinsel suddenly attacked his eyes. It took him a moment to realize it was Headmaster Dumbledore. He quickly hides behind his uncle as said man moves to subtly hide him and Draco, Narcissa slipping her arm in a seemingly natural move to show her husband discreet affection, but was really a sly move to help protect her boys.

Draco grabs Harry's hand and gently pulls the boy behind him as he makes sure his parents are between them and the Headmaster. None of the Malfoys trusted the man as far as they could throw the sun. Harry was wary of the man because of his rather strange interest in him and not to mention trying to force him back with his Aunt and Uncle, or how he nearly allowed Enperadorea's injuries to kill him. The Headmaster wasn't alone either, there was a short, portly man with a bowler hat that was at least a nice rich crimson to match the Yule/Christmas theme with a small sprig of holly for decoration. He had to be someone important if the armed escort was any indication and there was a woman with stern features, a monocle dressed in a dark gold robe with a wine red ballgown under it. At her side was Susan Bones.

'That must be her Aunt,' Harry thinks looking at the woman and seeing the similar brown eyes and the same natural waves in her dark blond, almost brown hair as was in Susan's blonde hair. Said Hufflepuff spotted him and waves discreetly. Harry and Draco wave back. The girl looks at the adults nervously, but seems to square herself up. She had friends she wanted to protect and was not afraid to use her good dress shoes to to bruise a shin or two.

"Minister Fudge, good evening. Mrs. Fudge, you look lovely this evening." Lucius greets the Minister and his wife, the woman titters softly, the sound soft and maternal.

"Lord Malfoy, you shameless charmer, you!" She says, lightly batting the air. "Lady Malfoy, how do you keep those envious women at bay?" She wonders.

"Those Peacocks are more than just a show of status and wealth, they are excellent attack birds. The more stubborn ones get invited to tea..." Narcissa says, her smile sharp and deadly. "They do not leave on their own two feet though..."

"Careful, Lady Malfoy, I might have to arrest you." the other woman says.

"Madam Bones, I am a Black before I am a Malfoy. And we Black women are not afraid to poison a few hussies if they think they can get their filthy mitts on our men. And not to worry, Mrs. Fudge, I have a lovely plan for any young lady or gentlemen, who even think to look at my Draco in any way I do not approve of." Narcissa's smile turns even more deadly. "Same thing if anyone thinks they are good enough for my ward and nephew."

The woman just smiles and looks to see the two boys and coos. The woman does not seem to sense the tension between Albus and Lucius nor that her husband seems to be trying to get around the adult Malfoys to speak with Harry, who is shying further behind Draco. That is until a familiar drawl draws their attention.

"Sorry that we're late. I was a stuck filling out a last minute potion request..." Severus's voice calls as the man, dressed in a midnight bluish black suit with a star gray shirt and robe, walks up. His hair is washed and bounces in its usual fluffy waves as his son was dressed in dark warm gray trousers and vest with a deep Gryffindor red shirt with his black robes, Nagini and Naragi both had on bejeweled collars, looking rather fancy this evening. Both females were draped over the child, like living stoles.

"Severus, I thought you would be busy all evening!" Dumbledore says, sounding pleased, but the flinty glare in his eyes said otherwise.

Severus gives him a blank, bland look even as he says, "I thankfully had brewed a month's worth supply of fever reducer potions and pepper ups and merely had to find enough travel cases to send them to Poppy. She was most thankful. The Goblins allowed her back at the school to go over the wards and spells she would like around her domain as well as restocking her stores after they disposed of the old stock to be on the safe side. They were kind enough to compensate me for the materials and a bit of pay for the time and effort put into brewing them in the first place. Here is my invoice, Lucius."

Said man took it and after casting the needed spells to check for authenticity, he gave it to Dobby, who had silently popped up and took it before vanishing again to put it in his office. Dumbledore looked like he swallowed a lemon tree and trying not to show it, but failing.

"Why don't we let the boys go join their age mates by the children's corner?" Narcissa suggests, wanting to get the boys away from the building tension.

"Ah, Harry, my boy! How is--"

"Auntie, may I go with my friends?" Susan asks a bit louder than she normally would, cutting just this side of rudely across the Headmaster.

"I don't see why not. I do not want you here when the Alpha pissing contest starts." her aunt states, not one to shy around a topic. The men look a bit sheepish, but do not deny her words.

"Right, Draco, you are to guide your cousin, this is his first Ball and I want it to be a good experience for him." Narcissa orders her son, who bows and then takes Harry's hand and walks off with him. Susan falls into step with him and Tom takes up the rear, but shoots a glare at the adults as he leaves, his mother smirking in amusement.

"Now then, shall we leave the idiots to their dick measuring contest?" Severus asks and the three women nod and they shoot pointed looks at their respective husband or date before leaving. Dumbledore is glaring at Severus's back, but the man ignores him. Lucius takes that time to pull the daffy old Headmaster and the Minister into a heated debate, the plan to keep their focus away from Harry as much as possible this evening...

~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~

Harry giggles as Draco and Pansy get into a heated debate over which Muggle remedies work best on hair vs potions. Susan is chatting softly with Tom, who is now snake free since Naragi slipped off to be with Severus and Nagini was currently slithering in time with the music, somehow dancing as Enperadorea found a good branch to lounge on, keeping a tight watch of the children. Many children, Hogwarts age and younger were milling around, dancing or chatting, some were snacking on the nibbles from the table nearby with cups of child friendly drinks. There were a few tables with card and board games, both Muggle and Magical, something Narcissa insisted on after she realized Harry's never played any Wizarding games, never mind Muggle ones because of those horrid former caretakers of his.

He was sitting on a chair near the window, looking out into the glittering garden, enjoying the much calmer atmosphere of the Children's Corner. He sipped his fizzy apple cider, humming to some of the music, having helped his auntie pick the songs out.

§Hatchling?§ He looks up at Enperadorea, who moved to a lower branch and is half hanging down. §Are you alright?§

§I'm fine, just enjoying the party.§ He waves at the subtle noise of the children either talking, dancing or playing games. §I'm glad everything is so calm... I was very worried what with the court trials and what happened with the Troll. But it seems Uncle Lucius set something up to keep everyone at bay or they are having too much fun to bother with me.§

The snake bobs his head in agreement and slips down so he is resting around Harry.

§Hadrian, if all goes well to night, I might not be here anymore.§

§What?§ Harry gasps, looking at the snake with wide eyes, tears starting to form. Enperadorea quickly nuzzles him, carefully wiping his tears away. §Why are you leaving?!§

§You know I'm not a normal snake, not even for a Magical one...§ He says softly. §You see, I was once a man, but I died protecting someone important and the Ancient Death Fang had judged me and allowed me to comeback, but only in my Animal form. I was not sure how or why it happened until I met you. I realized I needed to help and protect you. I am not dying or leaving forever. I swear it on my life and magic, Hadrian. But I will not be a snake either. I will be a man again and I can protect you better if I do not have to rely on others or hoping they understand me. I'm I will still go to school with you as Enperadorea, but I also want to be able to see my mate and my child again.§

§You... you have a family? I've been keeping you away from them?!§ Harry suddenly felt horrible for being selfish, but as always the snake knew him so well and lightly boops him and gives him a firm glare.

§Stop it.§ He orders. §There is still a lot you do not know about this world, about yourself or even why so many people are interested in you. I want to tell you, I really do, but I know you are too young still, kept painfully naive and what I have to tell you could shatter what remains of your innocence. And that is a gift far too precious to destroy. You are indeed a son to me and I protect my family fiercely. I am telling you this now because tonight we will try to bring back my real body... I don't want you waking up tomorrow and panicking because I'm gone.§

§Who are you?§ Harry asks, calming down, but holding his snake close for probably the last time.

§That can wait... there is a small chance that it will not work and I would rather wait... I love you, my Hatchling, never ever doubt that. I will always be here for you no matter what form I take. Now then, give me a smile and you had better have all the fun you can tonight, we are celebrating the birth of Lady Magic after all!§

Harry gives a watery smile, kisses Enperadorea's brow before he lets the snake go, who moves away when Tom comes over and asks if Harry wants to dance. After that any lingering guilt, fear or uncertainty is forgotten as Tom and Harry dance the night away. Enperadorea snickers form his place in the branches again, he will not need to adopt Hadrian at the rate Tom was going. So young and so clearly an Alpha, the boy will be very powerful when he finally matures...

~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~

At some point in the evening Dumbledore finally managed to find Harry and tried to lay some subtle compulsions spells that had been carefully interwoven that would make the boy ask for a re-sort at the start of the new term, ask the Minister to make Dumbledore the boy's Guardian, with complete access and control of the boy's vaults and Wizengamont Seats, as well as make him agreeable to go back to his Muggle relatives, where the boy will finish his conditioning. He also wanted to check the boy to make sure he didn't get the Sorcerer's Stone, but the boy had spent almost an entire month in the Hospital Wing after the Troll incident. Oh and there was that, one of the threads of the compulsion web was to make him claim that the incident was all a 'misunderstanding' and that there was really no reason to keep harping on about it or Dumbledore. The man after all knows what is best for the Greater Good.

However there was a slight problem. And it came in the form of Tom Snape. The boy looked nothing like his father, far to handsome of a child to be related, but there were some habits and expressions he makes that clearly came from his Spy. The woman who married Severus must be blind and very dim witted; the man was ugly, what with his sallow, pale skin, his crooked and yellowed teeth, his overly large crooked nose. His hair is always limp and greasy, brittle and then there was his 'charming' personality. However the mystery of the boy's parentage can be chewed over later, what he needed to focus on right now was that the boy was currently staring him down, his face a perfect mask of indifference, one that reminded him of a certain Dark Lord when he was a student still.

He was also holding the Potter brat's hand firmly, the younger boy half hiding behind him, looking nervous. That will need to be corrected, his weapon should be in awe of him, ready to kiss the hem of his robes in reverence! He needed to be able to get the brat alone so he can fix his weapon, but the Snape boy would be difficult if he is anything like his father and sadly there is no pretty redhead to distract the brat with.

"Harry, my boy--"

"Thomas, Hadrian, it's time for dinner. Oh sorry Headmaster, but it's dinner time and the children have to be getting to be soon after." Narcissa's voice says as she walks over, having spotted the old bastard near her nephews and swooping in elegantly like a Secretary Bird, graceful and elegant, but with a deadly strike like the aforementioned bird when the mood strikes her.

"Yes, ma'am!" the boys say and quickly slip around her, subtly using her as a shield to leave and head to the children's dinning room to eat.

"Headmaster, this way please..." she waves towards where the adults were slowly streaming out to their own dinner.

Dumbledore nods, but is glaring at her, but her own icy blue eyes are laser focused and promised a slow, painful death if he dared to cross her in her own nest. The man reluctantly backs down when he sees Lucius heading their way. He would have to try to catch the child before he went to bed then...

~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~

Harry doesn't remember much of the dinner, he knows the food was super yummy and he ate a whole plate! He knows he had some Yule pudding for dessert. He knows they had all talked, most of the children were so stiff and formal, there were a number who were rather rude, but Harry thankfully had his group of friends and Susie seemed to prove why Hufflepuffs were always underestimated when she talked the would be bullies into embarrassing themselves or a subtle hex here and there caused them to watch the Badger warily even as she cooed and petted Harry. Now he was very sleepy, Dobby having appeared to help him get changed and into bed. The eccentric House Elf humming softly, lulling his charge into the land of nod with a subtle sleep spell before carefully weaving protective magics around him and smiling when Mother Magic seem to deem his protections worthy with the subtle sound of seven silver bells ringing.

Enperadorea lounged on Lucius' shoulders as he preformed the Yule Ceremony, carefully carving the runes and prayers into the wood by hand rather than magic. The man had learned from his reading binge that his great ancestors had always preformed the ceremonies the Muggle way as a way to humble Magic by coming to her as what they had once been, magicless and meek. He found it rather cathartic to whittle and carve. While he needed quite a bit of practice, he can admit he didn't do too bad. He washed the log in a special Winter wine made with mistletoe and holy berries and crushed Christmas Roses, dressed it with pine branches, sprigs of holly and mistletoe. And once it was ready, he offered the prayers of not only himself but those gathered and tossed it into the blazing fire where it turned from its charmed winter blue to a breathtaking winter White and a powerful shockwave filled the manor.

Lady Magic honored those who were earnest in their devotion and prayers, granting them a boon in the form of cleansing away some of the taint in their magic, tying their bonds to her that much tighter and filling them with a sense of contentment. Those who were not honest or devoted would feel nothing and she would ensure that her Sister Chaos paid them a bit of 'attention' in the near future. Turning her divine gaze to the innocent children tucked into the warm beds of the manor, she smiles and blesses them each, paying special attention to her young champion who's gone so long without any love or affection. She secured the Elf's protections and washes away a bit more of the dark taint that meddlesome old fool tried to poison him with.

~Sleep well, my dear child, your future is fraught with troubles yet to be had,~

~but you will never be without my protection and guide. ~

~All this pain and suffering is not for nothing.~

~Just hold on to hope and many good things will come to you,~

~Some of which has already found you...~

She smiles as the child hums softly, a pleasant smile on his lips as he dreams away. Turning away from the mortal realm she returned to the heavens and greeted her brother, his dark form a stark contrast against the white of her hall, he was as interested in these events as she was. He merely hands her the burnt log and she tosses it into her own fire, smiling when she feels the power given to her once more. She considers what to do about that one prayer from a certain snake. Death on the other hand, merely shakes his head and a clock appears showing her it was not yet the right time...

~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~

Much later that night, the ritual was preformed, however it did not work. Lucius was passed out from the heavy drain on his magic while Enperadorea frowns at himself, wondering what had gone wrong. He turns to see Severus also passed out against the wall, where a Shade attended him. He turns to a shadow that appears and bows his head seeing the Grand Dowager of the Shades.

"What is this?" She demands and the snake moves to carefully remove the translator form Lucius' ear and gives it to her, miming putting it on. "Hmm, very well..."

"§Hello again Grandmother. Forgive me, but it seems the ritual failed and as the ones to help feed power into the ritual, both my man and my mate are passed out from the heavy drain. They will be fine after some sleep and good food... May I ask that you return this to Lord Flamel? I'm certain he's missing it and is worried.§" he says and she blinks.

"Marvolo?" She gasps and he nods. She frowns and picks him up, her dark magic, cold and death like, caressed him carefully and she nearly drops him in shock. "What has happened to you!?"

"§I was a foolish boy and dabbled in magics I should not have, but thanks to them I am not fully dead or your grandson would have died with me... I am trying to return to my true form, but the ritual failed...§"

"You made Horcruxes didn't you? Stupid boy." She huffs and then looks to where her servants were carefully taking the two men to bed, deeming them merely unconscious and suffering from the magic drain. "You will need your Horcruxes to return to normal."

"§That ritual calls for their destruction and one of my Horcruxes is a living being... I didn't do it but the night I was 'vanquished' a piece of my soul broke off and attached it self to Hadrian Potter.§"

"That dear child that the Media totes as some kind of Massiah? That poor babe?" He nods and she curses. "Very well, I will look into this matter and see if there is a ritual to reverse them, it will be extremely painful for you, but I think there is one that safely removes the pieces from their containers with little to no damage. You will just have to be patient and gather up your pieces."

He agrees and she takes off the device, admiring it and wondering if she could get her hands on one. Enperadorea takes it back and hands it to Naragi, who is glaring at him with that familiar 'You are in so much trouble, young Hatchling' look she's perfected over the years when it came to him and his random bouts of stupidity. The queen sets him down and shoos him out as she begins to clean and cleanse the room and when she is done, she slips back into the shadows heading right for her library....

~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~

Severus wakes in the morning feeling hungover and wants nothing more than to bash his skull into a marble pillar, hoping it will end his misery. Thankfully his room is blissfully dark and the usual sound of winter fowl chirping away is muffled so he isn't suffering more than need be. However that peace is very short lived because the door to his room opens a smidge and that small beam of light is enough to make him want to die.

"Uncle Sev?" the soft voice of Harry calls and he quells the urge to maim, sitting up enough to show he is awake. The sweet boy comes in holding a tray with food and a steaming mug. "Enperadorea said you would need these to feel better. Uncle Luc already has his. Draco took it to him after I made it... It's not much, and I'm sorry if it's not very good, but hopefully this helps your head..."

He sits up fully, waving his hand at the pillows in a wandless display of arranging and fluffing them to perfection. He sits back against them and accepts the breakfast tray.

"Thank you, my little Shadeling, this was very thoughtful of you." He says softly, petting the somewhat tamed tresses of his ward. Harry gives him a small smile and carefully pecks his cheek. "Now then shall we see how it tastes?"

The tray is full of diced fruit lightly frosted with powdered sugar and a healthy version of a full English Fry-up is picture perfect. He has the sudden Muggle urge to take a picture of the meal before he eats it. He carefully cuts his medium eggs and a bit of bacon and a bit of hash browns, all baked and cooked without oil. His first bite is pure bliss, he purrs and takes another eager bite.

"Good?" Harry asks, twitching slightly.

"Good? No, it's perfect!" He says and the boy blinks and turns pink with pleasure at the genuine praise. "If you fail in anything, at least you will be able to work in the Culinary arts! I just wish you discovered this passion on your own and not because of THEM..." Severus sighs.

"It's okay, Uncle Sev. I like cooking and gardening, they were the only chores I never minded doing, if anything they were rewards... Enjoy... oh and Auntie Cissy said to drink this." he carefully pulls the vial out of his pocket and Severus sees it's a Booster Potion, one his, and thanks the sweet boy again, sending him off to his breakfast.

By the time he's finished his plate, his head feels much better and his mug of Earl Grey is just pure sin after that wonderful breakfast. Downing the Booster, he gets up and heads into the shower. He washes his hair and luxuriates in the enchanted shower heads, making them beat down on his head and shoulders with the right amount of pressure to massage the lingering pain and tension out his body. Feeling much more human, he gets out, dries off and puts on his comfy house robes and heads down to the living room where the sound the children echo into the hall with the soft laughter of indulgent parents. He walks in and his son gets up gracefully and sweeps to him with the same grace of his father, but the cheeky smile he gives him is entirely his own.

"Did you sleep well mother?"

"Yes... did you sleep well, my little prince?" He wonders.

"Yes." He hugs him a bit more before pulling away and helping his mother to his favorite chair and then he goes and sits with Nagini and Harry again, said snake was trying to help rip open the presents. Naragi climbed up Severus chair and rest on his lap, hissy chuckles sounding from her, ever the indulgent mother. Enperadorea was sleeping like the dead by the fire, Harry rubbing his back every now and again, making him lift his head and hiss something at him before his head kinda plops back down like a lead weight.

It was disappointing that the ritual had not worked, but it could also have been that they did it on Yuletide. He knows he will be very weak for a few days yet, but it at least gave them some headway in finding Marvolo. For a moment, just before he was knocked out by the backlash of magic, he felt his Mating Bond hum with love and desire not his own, the familiar flavor of Marvolo's magic had helped to calm him even now, as the traces begin fading, his bond feels a bit stronger, he feels stronger. Looking at his son, who looks so like his father, smiling as he helps Harry try on a rather pretty play dress, which he knows Narcissa had a hand in buying, on and cinching up as Draco wiggled into a dragon costume and held up a prince outfit for Tom. He knows that they will succeed. They will bring his mate back and hopefully Tom will finally have that bond he so craves, but hides so well.

"Happy Yule..." Narcissa says, handing him a small gift and he gives her a soft, fondly annoyed smile.

"Same to you, my dear sister." he uses his shadows to grab a series of gifts and hand them to her. She opens them to find at least three years worth of baby products and smiles happily, cooing over the adorable outfits and things. He opened his gift and realizes it is much bigger than it appears. He carefully lifts a jar up and sees it's fresh Sea Serpent blood, another is whiskers from an Eastern Dragon, scales from a Siren and even Harpy vocal cords! Oh his friends knew how to spoil him while keeping to his one gift rule. "Cheaters, both of you."

"Slytherin!" the Alphas all chorus from were they stood by the mini bar where Dobby had been mixing peppermint drinks, non alcoholic since it was far to early in the morning to start.

"Huh? Where did this one come from?" Harry's voice had every eye suddenly on him, he was looking at a plan brown package with only a 'To Harry' on it.

Lucius swept over in his house robe, his hair still braided out of his face and his five o'clock shadow looking a bit more like 5:30. He kneels down by his ward and carefully weaves all the spells and wards he can around it, checking for danger or threats, spells or potions that could harm the child. The House Wards had been updated to prevent such things from getting in, but there are still forms of magic that had been lost to time that could still get in. Finding nothing, he allows Harry to carefully open the package. He quickly scans the insides as well, doing it thrice just to be sure. Finding nothing again, which made him more paranoid, he cautiously allows Harry to pull it out.

"Huh? It's a cloak... oh it's so soft..." He nuzzles the downy soft material, it was cool like fresh water from the stream, silky too. It was a shimmering silvery smoke color with strange patterns that seemed to shift as it was moved. There was bits of red in it as well.

"Try it on Harry." Draco encourages, seeing that nothing could happen to his friend if his dad didn't blast the thing with a ball of icy fire.

Harry carefully stands and shakes out the cloak and wraps it around himself. Gasping when he cannot see his body. A thick piece of card stock floats down to the floor and Tom carefully picks it up.

"To My Little Master,

I am returning that which belongs to you. Do not worry, no one can over power my protections nor can they add anything to it without my say so. Use it well in the coming future, it will protect you and your own when the times are right.

M."

"I don't know an M.... I'm also no one's master..." Harry says. He takes off the cloak and blinks when he sees a very old broach on it. "Uncle Luc, what's this?"

Lucius carefully takes the cloak, still wary, but also in awe. He's never seen such a well crafted Invisibility Cloak like this. What shocks him is that it went form child size to adult size as soon as he held it. He ignores that to look at the brooch and chokes.

"T'is the original Potter Crest before they began using the Stags.... this is several hundreds of years old. And it is sewn into the cloak! But most Invisibility cloaks only last maybe 5 years if they are used sparingly. They are extremely difficult to make and even harder to preserve... the feel of this fabric is much different from what some others feel like..." He says and carefully hands it to Severus, who is better at picking up potentially dangerous spell work or potions. The Shade as soon as he touches it gives a strange sound. "Severus?"

"This is no ordinary cloak... Hadrian, this is one of the few Potter Treasures from before they became the Potters, you will guard this with your life, this alone is centuries of your family's history. Do not let anyone take it from you, the less people who know about it the better, and I had better not find out you've been using it at school." He says sternly.

"Yes Uncle Sev." Harry carefully takes it back and hugs it close, something from his family?! He curls up against Tom nuzzling the soft material, content.

Severus looks to the tree, a seemingly impossible dark shadow hidden behind it nods and fades and Severus wonders what more surprises the child could bring to his life?

He should have known better than to jinx himself when they received a summons from the Goblins not even past noon announcing the Will Reading of the Late Potters as well as a private meeting about the Audit that he started back in July...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 438 22
Cassiopeia has exciting news to share with her self-appointed brother, Harry Potter. She's been accepted into Hogwarts, School for Witchcraft and Wiz...
56 0 22
From the aftermath of a legendary wizarding war , from the shadows of a famous magical school.Left to rot and ruin .Births a new , darker , more powe...
175 7 4
"A night of darkness descends, an end it may never find, No son of man is born who can this darkness unbind. When the four elements meet, a light th...
58.7K 2.7K 20
đŸ’•Still reeling from the terrible ordeal Voldemort put him through and desperately trying to control the urges of the dark creature essences force in...