Blazing Rivers

By Serafina_Garnet

WELCOME TO BLAZING RIVERS A YOUNG ADULT STORY WITH COMEDY, TRAGEDY, CONFLICT AND A LITTLE BIT OF LOVE. Fall... More

Blazing Rivers
♛ ⋆ ♥ ⋆ ♛
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
| authors note |
Please Read!!

40

18 4 12
By Serafina_Garnet

BLAZE

Having the house all to myself last night gave me some time after River dropped me off. I finished three drawings, had an hour long shower and decided to be helpful around the house. The kiss with River changed everything. After he dropped me off I couldn’t keep the smile off my face. A wide streched out smile that hurts after a while.

Only Nicola and Jake came home last night, Cori and Bentley not making an appearance. I wanted to spend the day with them but their phones go straight to voicemail every time I call.

Furiously throwing my phone on my bed, I go downstairs preparing to wait for the two idiots to come home. They’ve stayed out the entire night without telling anyone where they were or what they’re doing. They could be lying in a ditch somewhere and I’d be none the wiser.

With my arms crossed and a scowl upon my face, I glare out the window, waiting for Bentley’s familiar Jeep to pull up. What could they possibly be doing? 

“Blaze me and Jake will be back in a few hours, we’re picking Bentley and Cori up from the police station.” Nicola says grabbing her keys. Her expression I couldn’t fathom.

Oh, how the tables have turned. Innocent little Cori getting arrested, I have to see this for myself. What trouble could they have possibly got themselves into?

“I have to see this.” I laugh, jumping up from my seat.

The only time Cori has ever gotten in trouble is the time he got drunk at Joanna’s party, that is the only time I remember. Cori has always been the golden boy, done everything right and always been well behaved. Though being around Bentley and I has most likely brought out the bad side in him. He’s now a full fledged rebel. And I wait to find out what happened and what he did. I can’t be surprised at Bentley, it’s not the first time a day out has turned into a trip to the station.

The station was near town, not the normal one I used to go to. Bentley and Cori sat by each other, their head hung low and gazing to the floor. 

“Well well well. Corikins and Bentley, criminals of the night. What did you do? No, let me guess you either got really drunk and decided to dance in the middle of the road or drink driving.” I mock. Nicola and Jake were smoothing things over with the police giving me the chance to mock the two idiots.

“Please not now Blaze. My head hurts.” Cori whines scrubbing his eyes and groaning. His pale skin standing out and the bags under his eyes prominent.

“We created a disgusting concoction of vodka and beer,” Bentley spoke, a disgusted groan escaping Cori’s lips.

“And?” 

“We drank it.” 

Oh no. Even I know that’s not a good combination and I haven’t even tried it.

“For crying out loud.” I mutter slapping the sides of their heads.

“Ow…” they cry, rubbing their heads.

“That’s not all.” Cori then spoke.

“Cor we’re not supposed to tell her.” Bentley whispers thinking I didn’t notice. 

“What did you idiots do?” I huff. 

“We went to Greyson’s house.” Cori says. 

“And did what?” 

“Trashed it.” they laugh, high fiving each other like it was the best thing in the world. 

I should’ve told them about Carla’s warning sooner, this is just going to antagonize Greyson even more. Give him more of a reason to ‘ruin’ me, ruin us.

“YOU FLAMING FOOLS!” I shout, having police officers and Nicola and Jake look right at me. “You have no idea what you’ve done, have you,” slapping my hand over my head I begin pacing around, trying to think of a good enough plan to avoid Greyson for the entirety of my life. 

“Carla came last week, it wasn’t somebody selling something. It was Carla warning me that Greyson was acting off, and is planning something. He wants to ruin me. Now that probably extends to you two. He’s gonna come between us I know it.” 

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Bentley whispers loud enough for Cori and I to hear.

“I know you would’ve gone to him guns blazing. We just need to wait it out and figure something out.” 

“Let’s just stay cool. Stick together, he can’t ruin us collectively if we’re unbreakable right. If we act normal, make sure we’re honest with each other he can’t use it against us.” Cori says calming Bentley down.

“Yeah, good plan.” Bentley agrees. 

This won’t work, we’ve all got secrets and stuff we don’t tell each other. He’s Greyson. He always finds a way. But I can’t tell them that. Bentley was friends with Greyson before me, but I know when he started hurting people and why. He snapped, and you can’t blame him. 

Nicola and Jake came over shortly after saying as it was their first offence and won’t be getting in trouble, plus Greyson’s parents didn’t want to press charges, most likely remembering that Bentley and Greyson used to be friends. The Cole family are rich anyway, owning the biggest house in Birmingham, so there’s nothing money can’t fix for them. Mrs. Cole was probably looking for an excuse to redecorate and Bentley and Cori trashing it is a godsend to her. Last time I was there it had a cabin vibe to it, Mrs. Cole’s latest obsession, now who knows what it will look like.

The two boys got a lecture as soon as we stepped into the house, halfway through the lecture Bentley remembered he left his car at a random bar downtown so Jake being the nice person he is drove him there, not realising what the so-called bar really was. A strip club. Earning another lecture being given to the boys when Jake and Bentley got back. It’s nice not to be on the receiving end but I did feel slightly bad for them, and that was only because they stunk and couldn’t get away to clean off. The only part I found amusing in the end was when Cori threw up all over Bentley causing an argument about boundaries between the two. 

“So you’re looking well.” Bentley says strolling into Cori’s room where I’m currently relaxing on. With just a towel wrapped around him he lies down next to me shaking his wet hair all over me.

“I am well B. I’m doing fantastic.”

“I like seeing you like this, it makes me happy.” Bentley nuzzles his head into my neck, clinging to me like a koala. “I’ve missed you. I feel like we haven’t spoken in ages.” he whines.

“Well I’ve been here. You’ve just been too busy getting drunk with Cori to notice.” 

“I can’t help it, he’s a cool kid.”

“You sound like a father talking about one of his kid’s friends.” I laugh.

“I love you, you know that right.” 

“Of course I know. I love you too.” 

“So you won’t be mad if I tell you I’ve got a date tomorrow. Cori thinks Joanna’s distant from him so I suggested a date and he invited me along and set me up with a girl from one of his classes.”

I never would’ve thought Bentley would go on a date, to me that’s mind blowing. He was never a date kind of guy. Always the type to sleep with someone once and never speak to them again. He’s definitely a changed man. 

“Go for it.”

“Her name’s Lena. We also were planning to go to her holiday home after the date, for a few days to get to know each other and so Cori and Joanna have time together. We set off in two days. You can come if you want.”

The offer is kind of him but this gives me time with River when no one is around, it’s perfect timing. And I don’t really want to be fifth wheeling with the four of them acting all lovey, I will look odd. This is great for Bentley, he deserves to have a great night without me being there. He deserves the best after all and I want to experience things for himself without me there all the time.

“No it’s all good. You have fun, you understand me. On this date, on your little trip away. Enjoy yourself.”

“Seriously. You won’t feel left out?”

“Nope. I’ve got things to do anyway.” 

I feel Bentley smile against my neck. Leaning back he smiles at me petting my cheek.

“I’ll bring you something nice back.”

“You better.”

“Don’t have too much fun while I’m away. B and B are supposed to experience joyous times together too.”

“I won’t. I’ll be here, drawing and reading my day away.”

“Ugh, boring.” he sang getting up off the bed to put some clothes on.

I highly doubt I’ll be drawing or reading however. 

------------

unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 15.2K 75
[Warning: this book contains SEXUAL content, crude language, drug use & abusive scenarios. If you aren't mature enough to read, don't.] First novel...
830K 23.1K 49
Book Two of the Drowning Series: Riley Davis has been grieving since the night that changed everything for her. She has been busy trying to pick up...
3.5K 362 66
(completed) #eroticromance #teenromance ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains sexuality, violence, strong language and other mature themes. ...
Wren By S

Romance

25.8K 2.3K 44
(Book 5) *Complete* Wren grew up on the west coast, in a wealthy neighbourhood of Portland Oregon, she was not shy of attention, growing up with the...