๐“๐Ž ๐‡๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐๐€๐‚๐Š...

By _KRXPTX_

"๐ˆ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐š๐ง ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐, ๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐š... More

TO HELL AND BACK
PART I | THE HUNTER EXAM
ARRIVAL x AND x INTRODUCTIONS
UNFATEFUL x ENCOUNTER
UNEXPECTED x TASK
BIT x OF x MAGIC
THE x TRICK x TOWER
KILLING x TIME
DREAMS x AND x DEMONS
ZEVIL x ISLAND
TROUBLE x FINDS x YOU
FINAL x PHASE
FAREWELL x FOR x NOW
PART II | HEAVENS ARENA
TO x THE x TOP
WE x MEET x AGAIN
PLAN x OF x ATTACK
ELECTRIC x SHOCK
RECOVER x AND x REGROUP
PRICKLY x GUEST
MASTER x AND x STUDENT
ASSASSINATION x JOB
MISSION x ABORTED
HISOKA x VS x KASTRO
SURPRISE x SURPRISE
ONE x STEP x CLOSER
WOLF'S x DEN
PROMISE x ME
DEATH x MATCH

FRIENDSHIPS x AND x FEELINGS

1.2K 52 16
By _KRXPTX_

Kira ~

By some god-blessed miracle, both Killua and I managed to arrive back at the meeting point in one piece, and even more surprisingly, with our tags. We were received by the examiners, and boarded the airship once more, this time, with only ten candidates remaining. Among them were Hisoka and his ally, Gittarackur. It didn't take a genius to figure out who the team carry was.

"Kira, come meet my friends!" Killua beckoned, dragging me towards a rather odd looking trio.

The other twelve-year-old jumped at me excitedly, with a wholesome smile. "Hi, Kira! I'm Gon! I'm Killua's best friend." He began to ramble on. "We pretty much spent the whole exam together. Though, I couldn't seem to find him on the island. In the Trick Tower he showed me how he can turn his fingers into claws. It's really cool, right? Killua also tried to teach me how to skate, but that didn't go too well. But he's really good at it! He can do this really awesome kicking thing..."

"Gon, you idiot, cut it out!" the white haired boy turned away, before his face flushed a beetroot red. "It's embarrassing."

"Sorry, Killua!" Gon gave an apologetic smile, one hand awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

I found myself laughing lightly at their antics. These guys were adorable.

"Hi, I'm Kurapika." My attention was drawn to a slightly older boy, with blonde hair and dark grey eyes. "Nice to meet you." He smiled warmly. He seemed highly mature for his age, and not to mention very polite.

Kurapika extended his hand, and I took it, mirroring his kind smile. "I'm Kira. Pleasure's all mine."

"And I'm Mr Leorio Paradinight. But you can call me Leorio." The middle-aged man beside Kurapika introduced himself, giving me a friendly wink.

"Give up, Leorio, she's out of your league." Kurapika cut in casually, with a tone of annoyance. Then he shuddered, as if a nasty thought just came to him. "Besides, you're probably way older than her."

"Hey! I'll have you know, I'm only nineteen, like you!" Leorio declared angrily, grabbing the younger boy by the collar.

Huh? He's nineteen? Looks more like thirty, but alright.

"Um, actually, I'm twenty-two," I told him with an awkward smile, hoping the age gap would throw him off. Instead, his eyes seemed to light up with admiration. Oh boy.

"So, what brings you here?" Kurapika quickly changed the topic, noticing my discomfort. "Why do you want to become a Hunter?"

I thought about his question for a moment. He seemed genuine. But could I trust him completely? I decided to answer truthfully, but left out the details. "There is business with some people I must set right. And someone I need to avenge."

The blonde haired boy regarded me curiously, before replying with a strangely wistful smile. "Same as me, then."

At that, I was slightly startled. My eyes met his dark ones, and I felt a twinge of sadness, as I realised that those eyes have seen immense trauma. Like mine, those were eyes that have witnessed death and bloodshed, upon detrimental loss.

He seemed to sense my empathy, and he elaborated, gradually opening up. "I come from the Kurta Clan, a small people that once resided in the Lukso Province. We have eyes that turn scarlet in times of extreme emotion, and they're considered one of the most beautiful colours in the world." He explained. Then his expression darkened. "When I was fourteen, the Phantom Troupe murdered my entire clan in cold blood, stealing their eyes. I was the only one who escaped the massacre." His voice was tinged with regret. "I'm the last living Kurta."

I felt my own heart crack, as Kurapika said those words. He was still so young, but he had been through so much, more than what most people could scarcely imagine. I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry. I know how you feel." I did. I truly did. At this moment, I knew he was feeling guilty to have survived. He felt at fault, for being unable to protect his loved ones.

He looked at me, and smiled sadly. "Please don't apologise. But thank you for understanding."

"At least the exam's almost over. We'll both be getting our revenge soon." I tried to lighten the mood.

"After getting my Hunter's License, I will retrieve the eyes of my brethren." He spoke with so much determination, I couldn't help but believe him. "I will hunt down the Phantom Troupe, one by one, and make them pay for what they took. I swear it on my life. I do not fear death. I fear only that my rage will fade over time."

I realised that this was no ordinary boy. He was so strong, yet at the same time so broken. With that burning hatred and steel-like resolve, in a few years time he'd be the most powerful Hunter in the world. And perhaps also the deadliest.

Hisoka ~

I found myself sitting silently on the bench, gazing out the window. There was an uneasy feeling in the back of my mind, that I couldn't quite place my finger on. I remembered days ago, when I found Kira alone, in this same spot. That was when she had asked me the question. The daunting question that I just couldn't seem to erase from my mind. It echoed relentlessly in my head, as if urging me to find an answer.

Have I ever lost someone?

I didn't know. What did it mean to 'lose' something? I had always convinced myself that I had never lost before. There was always something to gain. Does it really count as a loss, if you're fine with it?

But was I really fine with it? Or had I simply taught myself to cope over the years?

I always saw no point in caring, in fact, I avoided it. It made perfect sense. You couldn't really lose something you didn't care about. If I never had anything to begin with, then there was nothing to lose.

But could it be that, this whole time, I was wrong? What if I had lost someone?

Did I lose myself?

I didn't see how it mattered. So what, if I had lost myself? Right now, I was Hisoka, the magician. Anything before was irrelevant.

But do I want to be found?

No. The past was best left behind.

I thought about the past week. Illumi was right. I had to keep Kira at a distance. The attachment I felt towards her was now becoming dangerous. For some reason, she seemed to be evoking emotions that should have been buried a long time ago.

I remembered our encounter on Zevil Island. I recalled it clearly, seeing Kira's petite frame pinned beneath the larger man. Although I could tell she would've managed by herself, I still intervened. I couldn't help myself. The amount of anger that came over me was unusual. I felt a sudden hatred towards that man, a bitterness that could only be quelled by blood. I had to kill him.

Back then, I had convinced myself that I was simply keeping her alive, until the right time. However, deep down, I suspected it was so much more. What was that feeling? Protectiveness? Jealousy? I wasn't entirely sure. But whatever it was, I knew it would bring no good. I couldn't afford to have these feelings.

She's just a toy. Nothing more.

Then I felt a presence draw near, and I cleared my mind of those troubling thoughts. I heard light footsteps down the corridor. They gradually sped up, before slowing to a stop.

"Hisoka." At the sound of Kira's voice, I spun around. "I've been looking for you."

She was looking for me? This was the first time she had approached me of her own accord. I was startled, to say the least.

"What is it, Sweetheart?" I turned to face her, as she took a seat beside me.

"Um, I just wanted to say..." she was struggling to get the words out. "Thank you."

At that, I was a completely taken back. You are kidding me. All those times I had tried to get her to thank me, and she had stubbornly refused. But now, here she was, randomly being grateful for I-don't-know-what.

"What for?" I asked, thoroughly puzzled.

"Uh... well... for helping me in the exam, I guess." She was a little awkward, like she wasn't used to thanking people. "And... you did save my life, more than once." Her silver eyes darted around, trying to avoid eye contact. Was she blushing? I found it strangely adorable. Before I knew it, I was smiling. I felt my hand unconsciously reach out for hers.

But I restrained myself just in time. I had to keep my distance. For my own sake. I couldn't allow her to get any closer.

"Don't thank me." I forced out a cold laugh. "I'm merely keeping you alive, until you are ripe enough to kill."

She suddenly looked up, her eyes piercing into mine. Those silver orbs seemed to cloud over with confusion, as she studied my indifferent expression. Finally, she spoke with hesitance. "I don't get it... What are you saying?"

I kept up my act. "Oh, Sweetheart, you have so much potential, it would be a terrible waste for you to die now." I tried to sound whimsical, to put up a good show, yet my voice felt abnormally strained. Still, I forced the words out of my throat. "But in the end, you are just a toy. Nothing more."

Kira stared at me in disbelief. She opened her mouth to speak, but decided against it. Immediately, I wanted to take it back, and tell her it was just a joke. But I kept my composure.

Her silver eyes searched my face, regarding me with fiery intensity. Then, all at once, her expression went blank. It was as if a wall of ice had been rapidly built between her heart and her mind. Her face was now unreadable, as she stood up abruptly. With her glacial eyes, she gave me one last glance, before turning and walking off.

I felt the urge to call out, to chase after her, to tell her to come back. But instead, I watched in silence as she disappeared down the corridor.

She was just a toy, I reminded myself. Only children got attached to toys. I wasn't a child, and I felt no attachment to Kira.

So then, why does it hurt a tiny bit?

~~~~

Hi, thanks for reading! Hope you've enjoyed it!

This actually made me really sad to writing it. I've only just fully planned out Hisoka's backstory and it really depresses me.

Sorry if you had to wait, this chapter took really long for me to think of. And I was working on this other story, so I got a little distracted. I'll try and update sooner next time :)

~ krypto

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 186 36
(THE REVISED EDITION OF THIS STORY IS OUT NOW! PLEASE MAKE SURE TO VISIT IT!!!) (THIS IS COMPLETED AND WILL NOT BE RE-EDITED NOR WILL A NEW CHAPTER B...
111 8 6
Ash, a teen basically living on her own as her father is constantly leaving for jobs, is always alone. Then one day, she gets invited to watch the ci...
1.3K 11 29
๐‘จ ๐’„๐’†๐’“๐’•๐’‚๐’Š๐’ ๐’“๐’๐’Ž๐’‚๐’๐’„๐’† โ˜„. *. โ‹†แดทโฑหกหกแต˜แตƒ แถปแต’หกแตˆสธแถœแต โ•ญโ”€โ”€ โ‹… โ‹… โ”€โ”€ โœฉ โ”€โ”€ โ‹… โ‹… โ”€โ”€โ•ฎ Two youngsters find themself in the same...
41.5K 1.6K 40
"I envy you, Hisoka." The magician's eyes widened in shock. "I envy you so much. You get to go around and be with whoever you want, while I'm stuck h...