moon cycles and raven feather...

By venusdelightful

❝𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙭𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙤𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞'𝙫𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙣, 𝙢𝙮 �... More

moon cycles & raven feathers
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 17 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| 24 |
authors note (last one, i promise!)
a note.

| 18 |

578 28 3
By venusdelightful

november 28th, 1976

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

catherine has never been big on relationships, her mother, on the other hand, very much so was.

though her parents marriage had never been ideal or very loving it was certainly smart. both her mother and father knew exactly what they were doing when they tied the knot and they expected both cath and her brother to make the same sort of decision.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

her first real boyfriend was scott hemmings, a pureblood who's mother attended business with the coven. he was quite bland to say the least but his linage was pure enough to match cath's without outshining it, making him the perfect son in law in her mother's eyes.

it wasn't like scott had been awful to her or anything, quite the contrary actually. he was a little too nice, and he was just about the most boring person cath had ever talked to. he was nothing more than a pretty face, with his dark skin and piercing eyes, he was the kind of attractive only someone with no personality could be.

they had dated for almost a year, breaking up just before cath planned on moving. in the time between scott and her trip across the pond cath had gotten a chance to play the field, no strings attached, which she soon realized wasn't her thing.

in 16 years she hadn't found someone who both pleased her mother and kept her interest and she had just about giving up on looking, but she had now begun to think that maybe she could just settle for someone who checked just one of the two boxes...

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

cath looked down at the mirror laid in front of her, occasionally glancing back to remus' empty seat in the divination class room.

"-the art of catoptromancy is..."

she had absolutely no idea what was going on, no matter how hard she tried to pay attention she could only grab just about every tenth word professor trelawney would say and she most definitely had no clue why there was a mirror in front of her.

all she could think about was remus.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

kick

'what if he's hurt-'

kick

'maybe i could visit him in-'

kick

'would he thi-'

kick

"what?!" cath finally whisper shouted at anita who had been kicking in the leg on and off for the past couple of minutes.

"thinkin' about your boyfriend?"
a cruel smile cut across anitas face as she teased her clearly unamused friend who wanted nothing more than to ignore her.
"because i heard from claire slater that he was talking to madame pomfrey in the infirmary earlier and he wasn't looking so good..."

that got her attention much faster than any of anita's kicking had.

"why does claire know he was in the infirmary?"
"godric cath, jealous much? i'm pretty sure she just saw him, she's not coming for your man."
"he's not my-" cath shook her head, deciding not to indulge her friends playful teasing.
"i'm not jealous."

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

cath returned to the gryfindor common room after classes that day with a purpose, she had decided that she would test her working theory, hopefully to positive results, that the so-called 'marauders' always happened to be in her general area. she desperately wanted to know how remus was doing, or even just what remus was doing, and she didn't know who else to ask so she sat down in front of the fireplace and began to count the minutes until she saw one of the boys.

"peter!!" she called out as the short boy entered the common room. quickly, she ran over to his spot, clearly startling him in process.

"sorry. so anita heard from claire that remus was in the infirmary today? is he ok?"

she spoke fast, scanning the boys face for some unspoken response but all she could see was the uncomfortable awkwardness that arose anytime the two had a conversation. impatient, she spoke again.

"soooo?"
this time he had answered.
"oh um remus is uh- he's- well he's just sick? yeah! he's just sick. he's in our dorm. so... yeah." his answer was uncomfortably disjointed and he was obviously very unsure of what he had just said but it still answered her question. she thanked him with a smile before running off to her dorm, leaving a perplexed and still startled peter in her wake.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

november 29th, 1976

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

the next morning cath was up before lila.

cath was never up before lila, or anyone for that matter.

"what's going on?"
lila asked, clearly suspicious of why cath was the one waiting for her to finish getting ready instead of the other way around.
"nothing much, i just felt like getting up i guess."
lila narrowed her eyes at cath's response, "are you sure this doesn't have anything to do with remus? i think this has something to do with remus."
she ran a hairbrush through her through her auburn hair one last time before getting up to leave for breakfast.
"what do you mean? why does everyone think everything has to do with with remus? how would this have anything to do with remus?"
lila shrugged, opening their door.
"i don't know, it just does."
"no! it doesn't!"

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

the two girls bickered back and forth the whole way to the great hall as to whether cath's bright and early start to the day had anything to do with remus lupin before lila ran off to find her new boyfriend (who was lasting much longer than she had thought he would.).

'merlin, everyone's on this 'cath and remus' shit'

'i mean sure, we talk a lot and i worry about him and i do like-'

her internal monologue about how everyone had seemingly unanimously agreed on the pair ending up together was interrupted by none other than remus himself.

he looked rough.

'like he did when lila and sirius wanted my dorm...'

"damn lupin, you look like hell."
cath winced at her words, not thinking about just what she was saying before she said it.
"wow, thanks webster."
"sorry."

remus laughed, "it's fine, so, peter said you were looking for me?"
cath's eyes got big as a million possibilities as to what he was thinking played though her head.

'oh god what does he think i-'

"well yeah, i guess, i mean you weren't in divination and i heard that claire slater saw you in the infirmary and i just-"
she tried to stop herself from rambling too bad.
"-i just got worried that's all."
remus smiled, "that's really sweet cath, i was just sick though."
"yeah, that seems to happen often, maybe something's up with that."
she said with a shrug, she figured that at least for right now it was best to be nonchalant. after all, she wasn't exactly sure how to say:
'hey, i think you might be a lycanthrope but i don't want to say anything about it.'
so this was her best attempt.

"oh um-" remus shifted uncomfortably at cath's statement, bouncing his weight between feet.
"-i don't think there is. i appreciate the sentiment cath. i'll see you later." he said, moving to sit with the mauraders before she could get anything else out.

she looked over at the boys as she made herself comfortable at the table, noticing that they whispering about something,

while looking directly at her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

892K 41.3K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
996K 39.4K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
983K 53.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
1.6M 54.6K 68
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...