Bounty || j.jk + k.th

Av Taemazing21

"I'll give you a 5 second head start" The last place Kim Taehyung wanted to be on a Friday night was being c... Mer

Sneak Peak
Introduction
Information
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XII
XIII

XI

2.2K 157 59
Av Taemazing21

[AN]

Hello!

Things. Are about. To get. Crazy.

I hope you all are ready!

And I hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

*Note: There's a considerable time skip between this chapter and the last that's touched on a bit more in the next chapter - it's been several weeks since Taehyung was first brought to the gang :)*

________________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung fidgeted, looking anywhere but at the gleaming gaze of Namjoon.

The older man's eyes were locked on Taehyung, his hands folded neatly over one another on the surface of his desk. A small package lay next to him-wrapped in pale yellow and topped with a pretty blue bow. Taehyung didn't even want to know what was inside. He twiddled his fingers, gulping past the near-suffocating awkwardness in the room.

Namjoon chuckled, leisurely leaning back in his chair. "Why are you so nervous?"

Taehyung snorted, meeting the blond's eyes for the first time-one brow was cocked incredulously. He tapped his chin, humming. "I don't know. Maybe it's because the last time we had a heart-to-heart, you threatened to break my fingers off!"

Namjoon's face screwed up comically as Taehyung huffed. When Taehyung's lower lip jut out into a pout, the elder lost his resolve and he fell into a fit of laughter-a hearty and loud sound-as he leaned over in his seat, one arm clutching his stomach. Taehyung found himself joining in.

Regardless that he'd been fully serious, Namjoon's laugh was infectious.

After a moment, the blond steadied himself, wiping a tear from his eye. "I'm sorry" He breathed out, a light chuckle and healthy smile still present. "That was mostly just for show. I wouldn't have broken any fingers."

Taehyung exhaled, relieved. Namjoon was, by far, the most intimidating out of Bangtan, and while he'd felt able to grow closer to each man individually in the last several weeks, a barrier still seemed to preside between him and the leader.

"I'd have Hoseok do it."

Taehyung paled.

He spluttered, unsure how to react to such information. Hoseok was always so cheerful and kind, Taehyung couldn't imagine him doing anything remotely violent. Though he was sure, if he did, the black-haired male would do it with a smile.

Namjoon waved a hand dismissively. "I'm joking!" Taehyung cocked his head-the glint in Namjoon's eye said otherwise-but he said nothing as the elder braced his chin with one hand, friendliness leaking from his grin. "I wanted to chat."

Taehyung furrowed his brow, thoroughly confused by the conversation. "Chat?"

Namjoon nodded cheerfully. "You'll be going into Junseo's mafia soon. There are a few things I wanted to discuss. And~" The blond singsonged, gingerly plucking the package from the desk with nimble fingers. "I wanted to give you something!"

The younger stared at Namjoon as if he'd just grown a second head, unease plaguing his mind as Namjoon wiggled his brow, a playful glint in his eyes as he flourished the gift once more. Hesitantly, Taehyung took the delicately wrapped box, unsure what to expect-he did not like the mischievous smirk Namjoon currently dawned.

Nevertheless, he began to carefully unwrap the binding. "And what, may I ask, is the occasion?" Taehyung urged, the teasing lilt to his voice masking the wariness.

Namjoon grinned. "I hear Jeongguk has been training you well." The elder said conversationally, blatantly ignoring Taehyung's question. The brunette nodded slowly, the blue bow fluttering neatly into his lap.

"I wasn't as hopeless as he originally thought I would be." Taehyung said, a chuckle coloring his words. "He said yesterday my defense was admirable. My offense isn't perfect but he said it was good enough-"

Taehyung trailed off, fingers pausing as he scrunched his nose. "Well, technically he said it was enough for me to survive the first week. But I think he's just bitter because I floored his ass sparring."

Namjoon laughed brightly, familiar twin dimples gracing his cheeks. "Ah, yes. Jimin wouldn't stop talking about that yesterday. Apparently, it's not the first time you've given our Jeonggukie a run for his money."

The brunette blushed, looking away, flustered. "Does Jimin tell you everything? I swear, the first time I wasn't aiming for his nose!" Taehyung cried, ending with a huff and pout.

"Not everything." Namjoon drew, eyes alight with amusement. "Mostly just Jeongguk blackmail. But he did mention a little tidbit about your older brother teaching you how to fight."

Taehyung ducked his head, unsure by Namjoon's tone how the elder felt about said relayed information. "Dad made sure all his kids could fight but Tae-woo thought I need the extra practice." He mumbled, continuing to unwrap the package when the silence just barely crossed the border into awkwardness.

"Well, it got me thinking." Namjoon mused. "My understanding is that there are no visual records of your family, all for protection of course." The blond said slowly, as if choosing his words carefully.

Taehyung nodded as Namjoon continued. "It occurred to me, that even though it's highly unlikely, I don't want to take any chances of someone recognizing you."

The wrapping paper fell away and Taehyung gaped at the box's occupant. When he glanced, wide eyed up at Namjoon, the glint was back in his gaze.

"You're kidding!" The brunette said incredulously.

Namjoon chuckled, shaking his head. "Nope." He said, popping the 'p' as he reached over the desk to pluck the small bottle of hair dye out of the box, turning the vial between two fingers.

The liquid through the clear bottle shone a brilliant blue.

"Blue is eccentric, don't you think? Where you're going, you'll stick out like a sore thumb with anything short of unusual."

~・✧・~

"Where you're going, you'll stick out with anything short of unusual" Taehyung mocked, a flutter of curses following as he leant back in his chair, allowing Jin to rake his fingers through his damp locks.

"Are you done?" The eldest asked, exasperation mingling with the humor in his voice. "You've been muttering obscenities for the last 20 minutes. Namjoon isn't even here. He can't hear you."

"Minor details." Taehyung shot back, a pout growing on his lips.

Jin laughed, fiddling with a straggly strand of wet hair. "Alright, tough guy" He teased, rewarded by a snort from Yoongi.

The white-haired male moseyed into the kitchen, only offering one bored glance to Taehyung's reclined figure, head resting in the sink while Jin stood over him, the bottle of hair dye discarded nearby. Instead, Yoongi crossed the room, grunting as he took a seat at the table next to Hoseok and Jeongguk.

The two males were hunched, just tufts of dark hair muttering fervently over haphazardly scattered papers and maps. Yoongi clicked his tongue. "Got anything?" He rumbled, running a light finger over Hoseok's knuckles in a rare public display of affection.

Jeongguk looked up swiftly, his dark eyes accentuated by growing purple ringlets. He shook his head, sadness eking into his gaze. "Hobi-hyung's informant never showed up, which means he's either dead or captured. There's no whisper on the streets of a kidnapped kid either. Trail's gone dry."

Taehyung looked up, his interest piqued, just as Yoongi laid a hand on Jeongguk's shoulder. "We'll find him, Guk."

"And if there's no Kai left to find!" Taehyung flinched at the same time Jeongguk stood, his chair clattering loudly to the floor. His face was twisted, stoic mask crumbling, showcasing the raw worry prominent in every flourish of his features.

The ravenette looked caught for a moment as he took a shaky breath, his eyes wide and scared. Then, like a curtain falling, he pursed his lips, face blank once more. Jeongguk crossed to the front door and threw it open with more force than necessary.

"You going out?" Jin called, non-plussed. The younger was simply handling his problems in a very Jeongguk-like fashion.

"Got a job." Jeongguk grunted as the door slammed shut behind him. If his voice was rougher and more cracked than usual, no one said anything.

In the silence that followed, Hoseok glanced over, meeting Taehyung's slightly confused gaze. "Junseo called it in." The black-haired man started, continuing to glimpse over the multitude of papers. "Some new gang on the upper east side ransacked one of Na's warehouses. Presumably, he wants Jeongguk to find their leader."

Taehyung furrowed his brow, perplexed at the concept of Jeongguk aiding a gang in direct conflict with Bangtan. It didn't sit well with him.

The soon-to-be blue-haired male was broken out of his reverie by Yoongi's bright chuff of laughter. "Guk's probably only doing it because he figured it's fair. Considering we'll be returning the favor soon."

Taehyung felt goosebumps rise along the surface of his skin, watching the grin Hoseok and Yoongi exchanged. For the first time, he realized that perhaps Hoseok was capable of snapping off fingers-the dangerous tilt to his suddenly eery smile was enough. Still, a thought nagged at him.

"I don't understand." Taehyung said, voice hesitant. "How do you all trust Jeongguk?"

Every eye in the room swiveled to face Taehyung, all with varying degrees of incredulity. The male shrunk in his seat, regretting asking the question.

"Sorry." He mumbled quietly, stubbornly avoiding direct eye contact. "It's just-he runs around doing bounty jobs for whoever is willing to pay and on top of that, he's apart of a different gang, one that's directly connected to my father. I just don't understand how you all can trust him so easily."

It was quiet for a long moment, Taehyung fiddling with his hands nervously, afraid he'd ruined everything, and that the men would be angry with him.

Finally, Jin spoke, a fond smile dancing across his lips.

"Jeonggukie may do jobs all over the city but his loyalty lies here, with us. And he's proven that time and time again. We're his family. And there isn't an inch of me that wouldn't trust him with my life."

________________________________________________________________________________

[AN]

Yayyyy! The chapter is finally done! Woo hoo! Ugh, guys I'm so sorry for the long delay, I went through quite a slump and then had some family issues that really soiled my mental health. But! I'm feeling much better and have a schedule written out for all my works and I feel good. :)

Lemme know what you thought about this chapter in the comments! We've got a sorta-kinda cryptic Jin at the end and a whole half of the chapter is just pure Vmon doing whatever the heck they were doing haha.

Also yes-I'm bringing back blue-haired Taehyung because I'm whipped.

Also, THANK YOU for over 5k reads! Your support truly means the world to me and I could never thank you enough. <3<3<3

Please remember you are loved. You are enough just the way you are and you do not need to change for anybody. The only thing that matters is your own happiness, and if someone else cannot see how amazing you are, then they are probably not worth it.

Until the next update!

I purple you!

- Megan<3

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

70.4K 3.1K 76
[Completed] Kim Taehyung, now model, five years ago was bullied by someone and was also in a physically toxic relationship with another. he fell in l...
88.9K 2.8K 18
Y/N , a Software Engineer has a boyfriend, named Kim Taehyung, who is a fashion designer. What will happen when one of the most dangerous mafia gang...
100K 4.1K 52
❝Some lines just shouldn't be crossed.❞ - Meet Kim Taehyung. Rich, cocky and popular with a bad attitude and is nothing but arrogant. Meet Min Yoongi...