THREADS OF LOVE

Galing kay SameeraHashmi

#1 IN MUSLIM ON 17/07/2021 #1 IN DUBAI on 22/6/2020 #1 IN TRADITIONAL ON 28/12/2020 #1 in Arab at 27/06/2021 ... Higit pa

MY PAST
THE PHONE CALL
LEAVING HOME
ARRIVING AT DUBAI
Meeting "Family"
MEETING HIM
ThE INTERVIEW
NEW JOB
NEW FRIENDS
THE COACHING INSTITUTE
Bhaiyaan's Outrage
THE COFFEE MUGS
OLD FRIENDS
MAKING PLANS
HEARTBREAK AND NEW PLANS
ROAMING MLEIAH
DRESSING UP
BROWN EYED JERK
ROUTINE LIVES
THE EXAM
RESULTS AND FEELINGS
SHOPPING
SISTER IN LAW
WORKING MY WAY AROUND
SWEET SURPRISES
OPPORTUNITY
PREPARATIONS
MEETING HIM AGAIN
EVERYTHING FALLS INTO PLACE
EMBARRASSMENT
HELP
GETTING TO KNOW HIM
MAKING EXCUSES
REVELATIONS
OUTBURST
THE PROPOSAL
THREADS OF LOVE

CONVERSATIONS

1.2K 61 1
Galing kay SameeraHashmi

3rd person POV
Farhaan didn't say anything, so Zesmina took her cue and kept quiet.
They silently made their way towards the bridge.
The sight was truly beautiful around them. Away from the city's busy life, it was serene and quiet. There was no traffics on the road, so they walked peacefully in the middle of it.
The path was deserted except for a few people who were enjoying their evening walk. There passed a few homes. They were so different from the city houses. Small , humble and modes. They looked so & had beautiful well kept gardens infront of it.
Most of the people who were out on roads at this time of the day, were either elderly or young mothers strolling their toddlers. The atmosphere was so quiet that you could hear the chirping of birds on trees.
Finally they reached the river bank
Zesmina gasped on seeing it, she had never seen anything so beautiful like this before.
The crystal clear river water hit the bank in small waves. The bank was decorated with beautiful trees and she could also make out some ducks on it. The white figures shone against the dark background
There was a curved wooden bridge over the river, which looked really old .
Farhaan went towards it and she followed him.
They stopped at the middle of the bridge and overlooked the river. It was so beautiful. The full moon was being reflected on the river surface.
They just stood there side by side enjoying the view.
She was so lost in it. It looked heavenly!
"What do you want to know about me?", said he very quietly looking ahead.
She tuned towards him and whispered, "Everything!"
He smirked and looked down, "Shahista must have told you a lot. I don't like to talk about myself."
"Farhaan what Shahista told me was how great a brother you were or how many sacrifices you have made. I don't care about all that!"
He looked towards her .
She looked at him keenly and said, "I want know about your story, what you like or dislike! Where do you work? What do you feel about things?. Everything!"

He sighed and went and sat down on a bench. Zesmina stood standing there, gazing at the waters.
"I am a businessman !", said he quietly.
She turned towards him and said, "do you really wanted to become one or family forced you to?"
He looked at her and laughed, "where do you get these ideas?", said he.
She laughed back, "it was just a wild guess.!", said she and shrugged her shoulders.

He stood up and went to stand next to her overlooking the waters
"Do you remember when Shahista first told you the story about her past?"
She nodded , "I remember it distinctly. I have never seen her crying so much!.
"What did she told you? I mean when did it all start?"
"She told me it all started changing when she was in class 10!"
He nodded, "Thats correct! That was when our eldest brother Rizwaan got his first job."
He sighed and looked towards her , "What she didn't say was that it wasn't just her life that changed that day! It was also mine & kind of everyone's!"
She looked at him intently.
Averting her eyes from her he said softly "I took science in 11&12, i wanted to be an engineer."
She didn't say anything, just listened. So he continued,
"Since everyone expected me to follow my brothers footsteps . No one ever thought about it much. They believed i would eventually go into business like everyone else."
She nodded her head in understanding
.
"When shahista was in class 10, i was in class 12. The day Shahista came home was also the day my results for the engineer entrance examination came out. Everyone thought i had sat for it just like that, but i knew i had put in a lot of efforts. It was my passion and my dream", he said staring into nothingness ahead trying to relive the past days in his head.

"And?", she asked softly.
He turned towards her and smiled, "And I  got a chance to study engineering in MIT."
She just stood there stunned at his words.
"MIT! That was amazing! But then .. why.. I mean how?", she stumbled lost for words.
,
"That day when i came home to announce my results, everyone was so hyped up about Rizwaan bhaiya's job that i didn't get a chance.", he paused and continued, "when eventually people calm down, i decided to tell Shahista, because i knew she would be so happy.  So i went to her room."

He looked at her again and said, "She was crying! She was crying her heart out!. I have never seen my little sister cry so much. That was for the first time she told me, how miserable and alone she had felt."

He sighed and looked at he waters again, "So i consoled her all night. I didn't get a chance to tell her and that chapter of my life was closed forever!"

She was so shocked to her hear all this that she was speechless. Turning down such an offer was a thing she couldn't imagine someone would do. He had no idea he had sacrificed so much for shahista
.
Finally she collected herself and said, "So none knows till this day?", she asked.
He shook her head, "No!"
She tore her glance from him and looked at the river again.
"Except one person!", said he with a paise
She turned towards him in surprise and said, "who?"
"Khalu!", he said
"Shahista's uncle?",
He nodded, "yes! When i told him years back. I made him promise that he will never speak about it to anyone, not even to khala."
She nodded.
"Whenever i am facing a turmoil or an internal war, i speak to him, he calms me down. But don't tell Shahista about it otherwise she  will worry."
She nodded again, "I understand.", said she.
They stood there just quietly for some time.
After which she spoke, "do you regret it?"
He looked at her and smiled a bit, "Earlier i used to! Now i don't."
"Now i feel its good, i didn't go there, Shahista needed me here. The next couple of years were miserable for her, and if I would have gone away, she never would have been able to pull herself together."

"Wow!", said she, "Thats.. i don't even know what to say..."

He sighed and then turned towards her, "Its not enough.! ", said he softly.

She looked towards him intently.

He turned towards her and stared deep into her eyes, "Zesmina, my sister has been miserable. I have seen her enduring such pains which no one should endure . She was so small when she lost her mother, she used to cry alone all the time. She had to love in India when she was so small away from dad. And i couldn't do anything to console her. I failed Zesmina ! I failed ! My sister cried infront of me because of dad & my brothers and all could do was stand and watch. I am a horrible brother. ", said he tears streaming down his eyes.

Her heart pierced when she listened to him. His desperation and helplessness hurt her so much. She tried to console him, "No! You didn't farhaan. I don't know much but i just know this. Shahista loves you more than anything else in the world. Whenever she used to talk about her family, she would break down. But at the end she would always say: "its just because of Farhaan bhaiya that i could stand so much pain. He loves me to no end and he is my whole world!"

He wiped her eyes and turned away from her, "Zesmina leave me.!"

She was stunned, "What ?", she said.

He kept quiet for sometime and then said, "When my brother neglected Shahista after their marriage. She was heartbroken. That was when i decided that i will never get married. I will always cater to my sister needs & look after her forever.!"

"I don't care Farhaan.!", said Zesmina softly, "I don't care how much i have to wait for you. Shahista is my bestfriend, I always want her happiness. But Farhaan i cannot forget about you. If not anything your sacrifice makes me like you even more!"

He just stood there standing quietly listening to her. He loved this women so much! But there was also her sister to consider. Till the date her sister is not happily settled, he was never gonna leave her and that was certain!

Silence enveloped them as they stood side by side.

Zesmina had never imagined that he would be so emotional. His emotions overwhelmed her and deep down, his sacrifice made her admire him even more. It was a bit of setback when he declared he is not interested in marriage, but she can wait till the time he is ready. The way he has said, "leave me!", she felt the pain in his tone, and that was enough to reassure her of his love for her

He also kept quiet gazing ahead into darkness just listening to the sound of waves. He had never imagined he would pour his heart out infront of a stranger. Out of all things he despised, talking about himself the most. But  this time it was different, because she was different. He was sure that Zesmina would never judge her on the basis of his choices and would sincerely wait for him. It wasn't correct! She deserves someone, but he didn't have the heart to let her go! He couldn't , he was so attached to he.
.
After a considerate silence, he finally spoke," Why did you leave India and came here?.. and please don't say it was only for Shahista!"

She looked at him and sighed, "You are correct, Shahista wasn't the only reason I came to Mleiah. In fact she was just a mere catalyst in my decision!"

"You see,!", she continued explaining, "I have always lived a simple isolated life in India. I have never been outside my city itself let alone my country. I have always felt that there was so much more to explore in the world, so much beyond my small apartment in New delhi. Shahista used to tell me stories about Mleiah, and i was so fascinated by them. I so wanted to step outside and explore new places, but i didn't have the courage! So one day when she suddenly announced she was going to UAE, i decided instantly that i would accompany her. This was my chance to see the world!", she ended and looked at him.
She saw him smiling at her. It was such an amazing genuine smile that she felt warmness creep into her chest. How can someone be so brave and yet so selfless and the same time.
There was nothing in him that she didn't like. Even with his flaws, he was perfect! There was no denying it, she had clearly fallen in love with her bestfriend's brother. He had completed captivated her heart.

Suddenly a mobile rang, and it pulled her out from her thought. It was Farhaan's! He picked it up and said, "Okay be right there! I will come and pick you up!".
"That was Shahista!", he said hanging up the phone, "she wants us to pick her up!"
She said, "okay let's go!"
He nodded and made his way towards the car. She followed him .
"So!", he said keeping his hands in the pocket, "You have never been to any other country before?"
She looked at him and shook her head, "No!"
"One day, i will take you around the world! I promise!", said he softly.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

422K 19K 98
Ever wonder, what if you get married to your fiance's twin brother? "I got wet in the rain but you get the fever instead. Is it like those cheesy rom...
3.1K 204 29
you must have heard many stories about how two people who are forced to marry become lover of eternity and then, there is a villainess who is also hi...
39.7K 1.2K 47
A story of past left incomplete. It's a story of Avantika and Karanveer. A woman With pride and self respect. A woman who knew how to break the soc...
27.5K 2.4K 18
❝Nhi pata keb,kese,kyu ye ishq hua bs itna pta hai ki sirf tumse hau❞ Adeel khan a famous business tycoon girls are crazy for him but he don't give t...