The Alpha and The Enforcer [T...

By Ixxyboo

She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went craz... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 30

940 22 1
By Ixxyboo

Ellie's P.O.V

Right now I'm in Jacob's office telling everyone what has happened to me within the past month and a half. Everyone in the meaning is Alpha Brian, Luna Aubrey, Uncle Ted, Aunt, Christian, Carl, and of course Jacob. I mean he knows the story but he's just here for moral support, or so he says. I told them about what happened after I got home from battling Iron Fist, what happened with the witch, and everything else that followed up till four nights ago with the girl who supposedly was my, sister. 

After I was finished saying what needed to be said I looked over at everyone. They were all quiet, processing what I just said and they even looked as if they didn't believe me. I know that because Alpha Brian and Luna Aubrey looked at each other with confused eyes and Uncle Ted and Aunt Mariah and Christian and Carl did the same. I leaned back in my chair because it was hopeless. I mean it's not like I can show them. I don't know how to control this power of mine and I don't wanna get angry just to prove it. 

"You can't expect us to believe this right?" Carl said breaking the silence and I threw my head back onto my chair before facing them again. "Actually yes I do," I replied. "OK then, prove it," 

"I can't," he scoffs as he looked at Christian. "It not for the reason you think. Did you forget the part where I said it only happens when I'm angry," I replied but harsher than necessary but Carl always knew how to piss me off. Always have. I know that he never believes in anything unless he's seen it, except for the moon goddess of course but other than that no. "This is a joke, right?" he asked after he shook his head at me. "Well I'm not known for my sense of humor now am I," I replied with sarcasm in my voice. 

"So you're saying that ever since you came back from battling Iron Fist you realized that things about you have changed?" Christian asked before Carl had the opportunity to speak again. I nod my head at him to confirm what he just said. "You have the power of fire?" Carl added. The dislike belief is still in his voice. I nod my head again anyways. "But you can't control it and the only way that it shows is if you are angry?" Alpha Brian said and I nod again. "And this only appears when you are angry and if you are angry what happened in the forest will repeat itself?" I swear if I nod my head one more time it's gonna fall off. 

"You went to Miranda before you came to us about it? Your family?" Aunt Mariah said to me. I could hear the disappointment in her tone. Aunt Mariah values family a lot and she expects that if anything is wrong that you just go straight to family before anyone else. One thing is for sure though and it's that she's very emotional and sensitive but a good doctor and knows when to keep her emotions in check. "It is because you are my family that I didn't tell you, Aunt Mariah. I wanted to protect you from this. And besides, if you knew you would treat me differently," which is true they would. They would be afraid to anger me. Look at me as if I was different as if I wasn't one of them. They would look at me as if I don't belong and I already feel that way bad enough that my mate left.

"That is not true," Luna Aubrey said to me, trying to defend her. "Isn't it? It already going through everyone's head right now. Your all thinking that 'if what she said is true, then you need to try your best to not anger here's what she said was true then how do we continue from here? If she can't control her powers would you still let me be the leader of this pack?'" I paused for a moment to say the one thing that I don't wanna say but I know it has to be said. "If what she said is true, can we even let her be a part of this pack," nobody said anything afterward? Not that I expected them to. 

"I'm no fool, but I would be if I keep telling myself that hiding this from you is what's best for you. But I know that if I did, these are the thoughts that will go through my mind. It may not be what you decide in the end but it's still there, I know this because I'm a member of this pack and most importantly I'm a leader. I know the rules," I said to them. "What about this girl who claims to be your sister?" Alpha Brian asked. "I don't know anything about her. All I know is that she got into my head and then we fought. She had the opposite power of mine and that's nice," I replied. 

"I'll be lying if I say I wasn't considering it though. Just by the tone of voice. She sounds as if she was hurt by what happened to her. She was just filled with so much hatred and pain that it hurts to just even look at her. I know it's not possible that she could be my sister but, it got me thinking,"

"Maybe you right," this time it was Uncle Ted who spoke. He leaned forward in his chair and rest his hands on the table before looking up at me to catch my gaze. "What?" I asked him with narrowed eyebrows. Confusion filled my head and it showed on my face. "The night that I found you, Ellie, you were just barely over the Eastern borders. It was a dark and rainy night when I was patrolling that side of the border alone. Mariah just found out that she was not pregnant and it hit us hard because we've been trying for a long time and we were just about to consider adopting a child but then I decided to take over one of my friend's shifts on border patrol. I heard a baby crying coming in from the East and immediately I ran in that direction thinking that it needed help. I followed the noise and it lead me to the very edge of the Eastern Border. I saw your basket and I took a look inside and saw a baby wrapped in a soaked blanket with the letter 'E' on it. You were so beautiful. I was captivated by you the minute I saw you. I picked you up and that's when I decided to take you back to pack," It was when I realized that it was my story that I started to relax a bit. I asked Uncle Ted about my parents a long time ago and he told me the story of how he found me. I admit I was saddened as a child and would cry myself to sleep wondering why my parents would leave me at the edge of a pack borders. But sometimes when I hear the story I would tell Uncle Ted that he is my knight in shining amour because he saved me that night. Why was he telling the story now though?

"But I still heard crying and I realized that the source of the crying was not the baby in my arms. I looked over the borders and saw another basket further away into the rogue territory. I could've gone for it but I didn't. I thought it was some kind of a trick to get me off the territory so the rogues could ambush me. No matter how hard I try I didn't believe my thoughts and just for a split second I was almost over the Eastern Borders ready to save the baby that was in the basket. It was probably soaking wet and scared to death and I wanted nothing more than to save it. Every being in my body was telling me to rush over, grab the basket and run back onto pack territory," he said to everyone but his eyes remained on me. I looked away from him. This is all getting too much. "But I didn't. I couldn't risk the safety of the pack. So with a heavy heart, I turned my back and walked away from the baby that was inside the basket. I never told anyone except the Alpha Family and Mariah. My decisions haunt me every day. Especially because I know I robbed you of a sibling," he looked down in shame. I bet I could tell what was going on in his mind right? 

"So you mean to tell me that all my life I might have a sister and I didn't even know about it?" I asked him. I wasn't sure if I was upset with him or not but I am surprised. I mean what that girl said was true. Now I feel guilty trying to kill her last time. I understand why Uncle Ted didn't save her the way he saved me. he wanted to protect the pack. But it was a baby. An innocent child that was left in the middle of rogue territory crying out for someone to save her. 

"I am sorry, Ellie," He replied but he didn't lift his head to meet my eyes. "We all are," Luna Aubrey said to me. It only just occurred to me that they knew too. Christian and Carl sat quietly beside me listening to everything peacefully. Then I looked at the person who's been quiet the entire time. "Did you know?" I asked him. He clenched his jaw when he looked away for a split second before facing me again. That answered my question before he did. "Mom and Dad told me the story a few days before you did," he replied as he looked me in the eye. 

I shook my head before returning my eyes to Uncle Ted. "So everyone knew except me?" It wasn't a question though. I wanted to lash out and be angry at them all for keeping this away from me my entire life. I wanted to cry out in anger. I wanted to punch something. If I had known, the minute I turned 18 I would've looked for her. I would've spent my life searching for her. If only I had known. But I calmed myself down. I don't want what happened in the forest to happen again. "Well, seems as though we're all spilling our guts is there anything else that anyone would like to share?" I asked them all. 

They looked at each other but no one replied. I take that as a no. "Well then. Alpha Jacob, how do you presume we continue with this?" I saw a flash of hurt run across his face but I didn't care. It's time I stop letting people in. All they do is hurt. Even family. Before he could even reply there was a knock on the door. 

"Come in," Jacob said to the person and one of the pack warriors appeared from behind the door. "My apologies for interrupting, but a rogue happen to stumble across our territory. We have her in containment but she wants to speak with Enforcer Ellie," he said to everyone in the room and I raised an eyebrow at him. "Any idea who it is?" I asked him. Normally I don't meet the rogues that we capture. Only when I'm supposed to interrogate them but other than that I don't interact with them. 

"Your sister,"

*************************************************************************************

Now what about that, Ellie just found out she had a sister just a few days ago and decided to come clean with her family. But turns out she's not the only one who spilled their gut. Now her sister has been captured? Makes you wonder if something bad is about to happen. Continue reading to find out. Don't forget to vote and leave a comment down below. 

XOXO

Izzy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 3.4K 14
"Beautiful" He whispered, bringing his face in my neck as he inhaled my scent. "You are only for the two of us" Another pair of arms wrapped around b...
426K 8.7K 28
She moved with a certain thoughtfulness about her. Every step was placed gently. Whether this is to disappear from those around her or to protect the...
117K 7K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
1.2M 36.3K 42
THIS BOOK IS UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU WAIT ANYWERE FROM 4-8 WEEKS TO START READING THIS! Feel free to just add it to your...