Behind The Camera

By microwaveness

!!NOT SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE UNDER THE AGE OF 17!! You're a celebrity and so is he. However, you are both from d... More

How it all started
Use your voice wisely
A 'Date'
First night (NSFW!)
Semi success
Dilemma
Checkmate
THANK U
Help is on the way
Foolproof
Should have thought about it
Cloudlight Memories
this will not update anymore

Toxic

7.4K 393 510
By microwaveness

WARNING! Please do not read further if you're uncomfortable with gaslighting, toxic behavior and potrayal of unhealthy relationships in general.

DO NOT ROMANTICIZE ANYTHING FROM THIS BOOK. THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION AND SHOULD NEVER BE REPLICATED IN THE REAL WORLD.

THIS IS NOT A POTRAYAL OF LOVE NOR THIS IS THE NORM OF 'LOVE'. THIS IS ABUSE AND SHOULD NEVER BE NORMALIZED IN THE REAL WORLD.

OPHELIA'S BEHAVIOR IS ABNORMAL AND ABUSIVE. IT SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN AS ROMANTIC OR DESIRABLE.

"(Y/n)!" He sternly glared at you as he restrained your wrists.

"Damn it, Give me some space and time to process this alone!" You frowned, Ophelia won't stop chasing after you.

"What is wrong with you? This isn't the end of the world, why are you acting like it is?" He maintained his iron grip on you so you won't escape.

"Well shit, this shows how little you understand the crap you're gonna put me through— let me go, let me gather my thoughts alone..." you whimpered, thrashing in his hold.

"Then make me understand instead of running away. Throwing a petty tantrum isn't going to solve anything, we need to talk." Now, this is a massive problem of Ophelia. He's... clingy. He cannot grasp the concept of giving time to 'cool off' or 'gather thoughts'.

The blond is impatient when it comes to almost everything. Though not forceful (yet), he's pushy and persistent. He always wants things to go his way. You, mainly being the passive in the relationship usually give in without a second thought to avoid unnecessary conflict with your boyfriend of two years.

"Yeah, it won't solve nothin'. But I will screw things up. Damn! let me prepare myself first! Give me time to think about it!" You tried prying his fingers off, but it's locked shut.

"Agh! What—"

Suddenly, he threw you over his shoulders and carried you like a sack of potatoes. Your arms dangle behind him and your eyes are facing the ground.

"Ophelia!"

"You need to calm down." He growled, calmly walking to the direction to the bedroom.

You flailed your arms and legs, hitting his back with the best of your abilities. However, it just felt like an ant bite to him, you're weak.

The heterochromatic male rolled his pecuiliar eyes and pushed his glasses up.

"What is with you!? You never refused a cup of my hot chocolate before!" He exasperatedly raised his voice, Ophelia is getting frustrated too. But not at the idea of his secret relationship being exposed, but at your odd reaction to all of this.

You should be happy! Now less women or men will go pursue him because they knew that he is yours and yours only. Likewise for you— well, you never had any romantic admirers to begin with.

Also, you'll get more attention from the media too! In a way, he is promoting your name. What's so bad about being officially labeled as his sweetheart? Is he not good enough for you?

"Y'know, for a celeb that really values personal space, you're hypocritical. Listen, what I'm trying to do now is literally choose the best course of action so I won't mess shit up with my impulse... yelling." You gritted your teeth and took a deep breath.

"Then do it. Why do you need to push me away?" He tapped his foot on the carpeted floor.

"It's because I can't do that shit with you pokin' me mentally and physically! What the hell— what is so hard to understand that we all need some alone time!?" You yelled back.

He tucked a strand of golden hair behind his ear as he stared your form down. You're sitting on the bed, bundling yourself up with the comforter.

Your boyfriend sets the mug of freshly made hot chocolate down on the night stand and sat on the edge of the bed.

"...leave me alone for a while, Ophelia. You're not helping at all." You turned away from him.

You thought that it finally got through him as he stopped provoking you.

Then you felt the bed dip down, that means he's now laying beside you. You sighed. Oh well, at least now he's quiet—

"(Y/n)." Spoke too soon. You ignored him.

"Look at me." You hugged yourself tighter and squeezed your eyes shut. Is he really that bored? Why can't he take the hint that you don't want his attention?

"Wh—!" He got on top of you, straddling your hips, pinning both of your wrists above your head with a single hand. He used his other free one to hold your chin.

"You're not fooling me with that ridiculous act of yours. You want my attention." He firmly stated. It earned him an incredulous look from you.

"Ophelia, that is literally the last thing I want right now." You tried to turn away, but his fingers held your head in place. The corners of his lips are pulled into a frown.

"What is so horrific about letting the world know that we're lovers?" He gently asked, caressing your cheek with the back of his fingers. Though, your wrists are still restrained.

You groan in annoyance. He's not giving up anytime soon. Looks like you'll have to... 'talk' to him now. You pray that you won't say anything harsh to him.

"Our 'brands' are totally different. Totally opposite worlds that shouldn't even cross paths. I don't know how your PR team is handling this, but I already received a crap ton of hate and death threats from your fans. Okay? We can't be together, this is an 'image' disaster. My name is on the line here." Tears welled up in your eyes again, the harmful messages are taking a toll on your mental health.

"...they're sending you death threats?" He whispered, his eyes wide with shock.

"That ain't my main point. From now on I'm gonna be referred to as 'Ophelia's girlfriend' or something. Never the other way round cause I'm a female and I'm the lesser known one, I won't have my own 'brand' anymore. The interviews will won't even be about my stunts, it will be all about my relationship with you!" You sobbed, he finally released your hands, but then he began cuddling you instead.

"I won't be the center of attention of my own fame anymore, cause you stole it! I worked so hard to build my stuff from scratch, and look. It's tumblin down cause of... this." You gestured at his arms wrapped around you.

Ophelia watched you with an unreadable expression. Well... that is indeed true, you would need to expect that to happen.

"You won't understand cause you have social privileges, Ophelia. You're pretty, I'm not. You're a man, I'm not. You have a much larger and rabid fanbase as mine cause of your like... sex appeal? Is that the term? I just have fans that loves me but won't die for me—"

"Is 'branding' all you can think of?" He snapped.

You froze. He lets out a sarcastic laugh, it's filled with malice.

"You know, I did this for a reason. (Y/n). You broke my promise, so I broke yours." He hissed.

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, what promise? Did you forget to give him a valentines day card? What promise could you possibly break to make him do this to you?

"Do you know how much I wept for you? Do you know how much it hurts that I can't even visit or call you in the hospital? Not knowing if you will be taking your last breath? You obviously don't." He wrapped his slender fingers around your neck and forced you to face him.

He brought his face dangerously close to yours.

"You broke my promise not to land yourself into trouble anymore, remember your broken neck?" You gulped, oh yeah. You broke your neck earlier this year and it sent Ophelia into a hissy, crying fit. He screamed at you after you were discharged from the hospital for worrying him like that.

You remember promising hime that you won't go to the Emergency Room anymore after your breaking your back. Oops, you really broke that promise of his.

He gave you the cold shoulder for a week, but you thought that was the end of it. How wrong you were.

"If you can't keep yourself away from the hospital, I'll just pay you a visit as your doting boyfriend." He cooed and flashed a smile, tickling your cheek.

You were speechless. How are you supposed to reply to that?

Ophelia sighed and continued. "I never felt comfortable about your line of work. You're constantly getting yourself into deep trouble... you should just give up. I have more than enough to provide for you." That struck a nerve.

"Hey, I'm not doing this for the money, I'm doing it cause I love it. Stop telling me to give up on what I love doing, because I'm not." You told him off.

"What's the point? You won't be recognized for it. You said it yourself, you'll only be recognized as my (y/n), Ophelia's (y/n). Might as well dedicate yourself to that title. Give up. Stop doing your silly stunts." He pulled his glasses away from his face and sets it down next to the mug of lukewarm chocolate.

You're furious at his insensitive comments. He's incredibly selfish and rude, how could he say such a thing? Your career is your passion and he decided to stomp on it as if it's nothing.

As your 'doting boyfriend', Ophelia could tell that you're deeply offended by his words although you're quiet and unmoving. He rolled his eyes and got off the bed.

"I'm going to make you a fresh mug of hot chocolate. This one has gone cold thanks to your little attitude." He snarkily uttered before leaving the room with his glasses and the mug.

You let out a wail as soon as he steps out of sight. What a jerk.

_______________________
AHAHAHA THANK YOU @Raynefire4908 FOR MAKING THIS OC MEME OF BEHIND THE CAMERA

NGL I WAS ACTUALLY CACKLING AFTER SEEING IT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 246 20
[Reader's Gender is not specified] You Yes, You. I can feel you. don't you feel me? ♦•♦•♦ "[Reader]" "The time has com...
16.8K 452 16
You stumble into the home of a celebrity when trying to find a good place to rent to start the new chapter of your life post-secondary. Of course, it...
90.4K 1.4K 18
The title says it all🙃 Ps this book and my other books are going to be edited a lot so I apologize in advance!😅 ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ All rights res...
221K 3.1K 29
This is a book that's just Yandere x reader because I have an unhealthy obsession with Yanderes. 😁👍 There are ⚠️ trigger warnings ⚠️ ...