He's Her Billionaire

ariesstarz

Fresh out of university. Loretta moves back home to help out with her families hotel business. Wanting to foc... Еще

[𝓝𝓮𝔀] 𝓗𝓮'𝓼 𝓗𝓮𝓻 𝓑𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓮
0 1
0 2
0 3
0 4
0 5
0 6
0 7
0 8
1 0
1 1
1 2
1 3
1 4
1 5
1 6
1 7
1 8
1 9
2 0
2 1
2 2
2 3
2 4
2 5
Author Note

0 9

5.7K 221 6
ariesstarz

Chapter 9

" I don't think you have a choice honey, he sent it to you specifically it would be rude to not wear it at his own event," Mom says as we stare at the box in the middle of my bed.

I grabbed hold of my phone, but George walked over and swiped it out my hand. "didn't you say you would be better, c'mon it's just dress" he says holding my phone to his chest.

When I arrived at my apartment there was a box sitting in the hallway. When I opened it, I saw the most beautiful dress sitting inside it with a note from Nate.

You don't have an excuse now. See you tonight Loretta x

"oh honey, you clearly have never thought about doing this for me because that is not just a dress," Tammy says looking at it.

Don't ask me why my mom was here, she could have met me there, but something tells me she knew about this.

"I'm scared to even touch it" I whispered. My mom was the only one to hear me as she wraps her arms around me. "Don't be, just don't think about it too much and enjoy it tonight?" she says.

With a sigh, I nod my head and pick up the dress.

I wasn't sure what kind of event it was but by just looking at this dress I can see that it is a special night. I was just glad that I wasn't going alone and that I had my family and friends with me.

Tammy was the one to help me get into the dress. The light lavender colour looked strange with my darker hair, so she suggested I have it in a ponytail.

It wrapped around my body beautifully, with a large slit which was going to expose my legs. I had never been in such a beautiful dress not since my university ball. It felt strange.

I did my makeup simple with my lips coated in a rich pink colour.

Throughout the drive, I couldn't stop thinking about how I looked. I hoped Nate liked how I looked since he bought this dress for me. I also wanted him to like how I looked regardless.

We pulled up to the venue soon enough.

"is that Nate?" Mom whispered as we stopped moving.

I looked to where she was staring at and saw Nate standing outside. He looked to be searching for someone and the moment the doors opened and George stepped out I realised that he was looking for me.

"Remember darling, have fun" mom whispered as she kissed my shoulder.

I breathed in, she's right. I wouldn't get many opportunities like this so I should make the most of it and have fun.

George and Tammy walked up to Nate as I stepped out of the car. I grew nervous as I saw the reporters lined up outside. I had seen this on tv I knew what they were looking for.

I glanced down at my feet. "Breathe Amore, I've got you now," Nate said as he stood in front of me.

He lifted my jaw with his fingers. I smiled as I saw the look on his face.

He looked so handsome in his suit. Unlike the suits, he wears for work this one had more character and really expressed him well.

"I don't want to take all the credit, but you look amazing in that dress," he says his fingers brushing over my arm.

I smacked him. "what do you mean you, I'm the one wearing it" from the look on his face I realised that he was waiting for a reaction from me.

"I know Loretta, but yes very beautiful" I shook my head at him for tricking me. "can we go inside now, there are too many people staring," I said as I looked around.

Nate nodded as he pulled at my arm gently and led us inside. Nate held up his hand as we passed the reporters knowing how nervous I was.

"before I get you a drink, I need to take you to my father, or he will have my head," Nate said as we walked in.

"okay"

Nate weaved his way through the people before we arrived near the hall. "father" Nate said calling out to a man who had his back facing us.

The man slowly turned around and instantly I could see the resemblance. Is this what the Testorro men age to be like. Oh, Loretta try not to imagine Nate old.

"Loretta my dear, it's a pleasure to see you again and all grown up. My name's Michael and I'm this boy's father as you already know" I smiled as I brought my hand out.

"I'm sorry if I don't recognise you but my dad has told me a lot of good things," I said being polite.

"well I'd hope so" he mutters shaking his head.

"what was that Michael" my dad walked over to us with my mother next to him. Unluckily for Eaton, he could not attend tonight. He was having fun with his godmother though. He was too young to understand anything that was going on anyway.

"Nate why don't you introduce Loretta to my sisters, there about as eager as me to meet her," Michael says pointing over to a table.

We glance over and two women waves at us.

"I think she's better off without meeting them," Nate says smirking. Nate takes my hand and walks over to the table when his father glares at him.

"Nate you're needed for an interview and then you need to say something to your guests," A man says walking over to Nate.

Nate checks his watch. "damn it, I thought I would have more time"

"it's okay, you go do what you need to do," I said to him. He didn't need to babysit me.

"okay well Loretta meet my aunties Kyle and Megan if they cause you any trouble just call over my father" he says winking at me.

I laugh as his aunties glare at him as he runs off his hand finally leaving mine. I tried not to think about it too much, but I missed his warm hand on mine.

"You didn't help him," I asked surprised.

"No sweetie, he may look like any other man with money, but he knows what will look good on the woman he likes," Kyle said.

I was fully convinced he just paid for it and someone else picked it.

"We have to ask you Loretta but do you like our nephew, romantically?" Megan asked me.

I took a sip of the drink I was just served. "I'm not quite sure what I'm feeling right now but I really enjoy his company and think he's really nice" I wasn't really quite sure what was the right thing to say.

Megan grinned" just nice, so you don't want to jump his bones right now. Because since he left, he hasn't stopped looking over at you"

My head turned and she was right. In that moment he just turned to glance at me. He wasn't even annoyed that he got caught.

"I've never had someone like me like this, so I'm new to everything, but I do find him very attractive," I said honestly.

I could tell instantly that they were surprised but before they could ask me anymore burning questions Michael and the rest of my family joined us at the table. George and Tammy joined as well.

"We thought it was time to save you," Tammy said as she sat down.

I smiled. It definitely could have been worse.

"Please welcome Nathaniel Testorro to the stage" A voice could be heard announcing to the room.

We all turned to face the front where Nate run up the steps and joined a man on the stage. He shook hands with him and finally turned to face everyone.

My hands tugged on my dress when his eyes searched the tables finally landing on ours.

"Oh lord,  he's looking for you" Tammy quietly squealed.

He smiled before turning away and starting to speak.

"Thank you all for coming. Tonight, we celebrate the company's success and special recognition to my father for working so hard to get the company where it is now." The room erupted in applause as Michael nodded at Nate.

"I promise to carry on his vision for the company and look forward to the future with many more celebrations just like this one"

His voice seemed to zone out the more he spoke. My eyes didn't stop staring at him though. He was mesmerising up there.

When he finally finished, he headed over to a group of men and women who all seemed to be very important. Michael told me that he needed to network tonight.

That was fine with me, I understood that this was his work.

My phone suddenly vibrates against the table and everyone looks at it quickly. Nate's name shows up on the screen, slightly embarrassed I pick it up unlocking the screen to check the message.

Nate - Are you okay

My stomach tightens I can't help but blush at the text.

I quickly reply to him.

Yes, Nate, your family are great. Don't worry about me.

Smiling as I place the phone on my lap. When I look back up, I can see most of the table smiling or in Michaels Case smirking at me.

"I'm guessing that wasn't your mum checking up on you," Kyle says raising one of her eyebrows.

I look away, embarrassed.

"No, it was me," a deep voice says from behind me. I turn and see Nate standing before me in all his glory. He smiles warmly at me placing his hands on the back of my chair.

"Sorry guys but I'm going to have to steal my date back now"

Turning back around I excuse myself and join Nate as we start walking across the room. "Where are we going, we can't leave yet Nate," I tell him, worried.

He smiles slightly, laughing before replying " my job here is done Loretta and frankly I'm allowed to do what the hell I want with who I want" he says with such confidence. We head out to the reception where he grabs his keys from the lady at the desk.

After exiting out the building we head towards his car it wasn't as easy though we had to make our way through the herd of reporters and strangers that were blocking the entrance.

As we make our way to the car people bombard us pushing Me from side to side quite violently actually.

Nate quickly grabs my arm and leads me into the car safely. After he knows I'm safe he runs over to the other side and gets into the driver seat. The car's engine roars before were pulling out of the venue and into the distance.

"Aren't you wondering where my mother is?" Nate asks after a while. I turn to face him; his hands tighten on the steering wheel.

"I was but it's not my place to intrude in on your personal life," I said to him. Nobody mentioned her so I assumed it was a touchy subject.

He nodded, biting his lip. I grew worried about how hard he was biting.

"Nate, you're hurting yourself" I exclaim my hand touching his arm. Nate looks at me as we stop at a light.

He finally parts his lips and lets his lip go. It was red and close to bleeding.

"She died when I was a teenager. It makes me sad because I know that she would have loved you"

I gulped nervously. I had a feeling that she was no longer alive, this breaks my heart.

"I'm sorry Nate, she would be extremely proud of you though," I said squeezing his arm. His hand covered mine. "I'd hope so, she would definitely smack me for what I said to you the other week though, "he says grinning.

I sat back grinning back. "She sounds like a very good woman"

He smiled but you could tell it wasn't real. I can't imagine living without my mother I desperately wanted to take away his pain. 

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

8.9K 258 42
Close Humphrey has been through a lot in the past few months. First she enters into an arranged marriage with the man she now loves, then her ex boyf...
Billionaire Daddy G3eklyChic

Любовные романы

620K 17.1K 40
Natalia Fuller has had a difficult upbringing in her early adolescence but she has learned to come out strong. As a result, she has a wonderful full...
4.6M 149K 34
Italian billionaire was ruthless and unforgiving he never knew what it meant to love a woman. That is after he met Rose Olden the women with the shar...
LOVE LITTLE TOO LATE❤✔ twilo

Любовные романы

2.1K 282 35
Once again her dark past wants to write its self , but the only difference this time she has someone to save her from its vicious claws But not only...