His Saint || Murphy Macmanus

Galing kay melodyXriddle

" ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴅ. ɪ ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴ' ʟᴏ... Higit pa

ɪɴᴛʀᴏ
ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs
ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪsᴛ
ɪ. ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ
ɪɪ. ʙᴇ ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛ
ɪɪɪ. ʜᴇ ɪs ɢᴏɴᴇ.
ɪᴠ. ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴀғᴛᴇʀ
ᴠɪ. ʟᴇᴛs ᴛᴀʟᴋ, ᴅᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ ᴊᴀᴄᴏʙs.
ᴠɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ
ᴠɪɪɪ. ɴᴏᴀʜ
xɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ ᴅᴇɴ.
x. ɢʀᴀᴄɪᴇ

ᴠ. ʜᴇʟʟᴏ, ᴀɢᴀɪɴ.

403 23 7
Galing kay melodyXriddle

             Ty Jacobs paced back and forth within his home he and his wife had purchased just a couple of months ago. After a raise at the hospital, Ty finally made enough to put down for the mortgage. Being a doctor was hard but at times he thanked God for giving him the gifts to save others. For it not only made him feel better inside but also put a pretty penny into his pocket. His bright eyes fell onto his youngest cousin who kept her own stare on the ak47 on the coffee table. If only he could be pleased about his home without the negativities.

"We knew this would happen, " Ty announced. His hands shoved into his crisp lab coat. Not even twenty minutes after a 17-hour shift, did trouble come knocking on his door. "We knew we couldn't run for long. This was stupid."

"What?" Ariana raised her head, placing her elbows onto her knees. "What is stupid?"

"We settled. We got comfortable and -" Ty stopped his pacing, the photograph of his wedding day nailed above the fireplace caused his throat to choke. "We started families here, Kisha. All we did is create a mess for everyone in our lives. Grace, Irene, Ashlee, and Pamela. All we did -"

Ariana held up her hand, not wanting to hear any more of his rant. As much as she believed what he said to be true, there isn't much they can do about it now but to stand their ground. The message by the Russian Mafia had been made clear after the death of their remaining connection from their past had been found murdered in his own home. The man was a family friend, much older than Ty and Ariana. His days in the Black Mafia was behind him, however, clearly, the boss of the Russian Mob thought otherwise. Still, they hadn't made it clear why any of this is happening. Why she and her family were being hunted down. What exactly did her father do to piss them off this much?

"We don't give up, Freddrick. We don't. As you said, you and I settled and created a new life for ourselves. At the end of the day, we did nothing wrong. So why should we keep running?" Ariana hugs herself, thinking of her daughter. This is what she was afraid of. Why she wanted an abortion so long ago. But, the decision she was so onto wasn't enough to stop her from keeping the baby.

"And the Macmanus brothers? What about them?" Ty finally questions.

Ariana lowered her gaze.

"They are those Saints. Apparently, they've been the ones going around killing every mobster and serial criminal out there. It isn't like we are perfect, Ariana. We did things -" Ty breathes in heavily, "If anything, we should watch out for them."

She knew the boys had made it back. She saw their pictures all over the news one morning during breakfast. She and Grace sat in their kitchen having toast, eggs, and bacon. When Murphy's picture flashed across the screen, Ariana nearly fell out of her chair. Grace, thankfully, was oblivious of her father. She knew nothing of him. Ariana saw no point in having that conversation just yet. Still, it pained Ariana as she took a glimpse in between her child and the man she once saw a future with.

Ariana cried that night. Beside Grace's bed, she sobbed in silence. Wishing she could change everything. For the sake of her daughter. For the sake of Murphy and for the sake of herself.

"They won't because they didn't know anything about our family, " Ariana states.

Was that a good or bad thing? Ariana wasn't quite sure.

Removing the sleeve of her sweater from her wrist, Ariana took a glimpse at her wristwatch. "I gotta go, " Ariana says, standing to her feet. "Don't worry about it, okay? We will figure this out. No one will get hurt." Ariana reassures Ty who simply nods his head. Kissing her older cousin on the cheek, Ariana starts for the door. Leaving behind a doctor and his fears.

***

Just like every job Ariana held, she always found some kind of thrill. Most of her jobs always pertained to partying, drinking, and a good time. After Irene left the strip club the two once worked at, Ariana followed her closely behind. Landing a bartending job at Bijou Nightclub. It had everything she needed. Loud music, drunken customers who gave extra tips, and a nice spot looking out towards the dance floor. The job had its lows, especially after a night out, the bass can be overwhelming with a hangover. However, Ariana wasn't quite the complainer.

As she leaned over to speak with a regular customer, Ariana fills his shot glass with rum. For a split second, she took a chance to examine the wave of party-goers on the dance floor. It felt as if someone's eyes were watching her. As hard as she tried to ignore it, the anxiety began to kick in. No way the Russian Mob came to the club to start something, right?

There are too many people. Too many witnesses.

"You okay, Ari?" The attractive customer questioned as she took her third glance at the crowd.

Ariana smiles at her client only to have it falter moments later. Finally, after minutes of trying to get a good look at her admirer, Ariana saw him. Sitting at a table just at the other end of the club. The tables, much like the bar area, sat five feet off the ground so wild dancers couldn't bump into onlookers. She saw him, with a beer in hand. His hair slightly grown out, just like it was three years ago, yet his strands purposely dyed a dirty blonde.

Murphy watched Ariana with amusement. Once their eyes latched, he knew she instantly lost the will to breathe. Though, she didn't appear angry or saddened by his appearance. In fact, the look of shock quickly vanished just as fast as it appeared.

Murphy watched Ariana move towards the other end of the long lounge. She whispers in a fellow coworkers' ear, and the gorgeous girl nods seconds later. Agreeing to take Ariana's spot. Murphy stood to his feet, raising his head a bit more to see Ariana disappear in a door a few steps away from the bar. Thinking she might try to escape, Murphy vacates his table to scurry down the steps. His legs move too quickly, nearly causing him to fall face-first into a couple who only wanted to take a rest in the white booths.

"Sorry, " Murphy says over the loud music, his cheeks a bright red. The couple only flashes the rather flustered man a glare before moving up the same steps he came from. Removing his attention from them, Murphy stood near the steps leading down to the dance floor. His eyes scanned the crowd mixed with intoxicated and lust-filled folk. All together just to have a good time. Unaware that two murderers of different degrees moved between them like sharks hunting for that one drop of blood.

Ariana carefully slipped past a man who looked as if he were ready to puke. Her heels press against the glass flooring as her gaze searched over her shoulder. One moment Murphy was standing above the dance floor, the next he was gone. Somewhere among the populace. The music continued to thump over the loud voices and shouts. The hint of body odor in the air from all the movement. Arms sway above their heads as their hips swiveled. Tonight the perfect night to pocket anyone unaware of their surroundings. At least Ariana thought this as she dodged a girl who seemed to want a dance.

Just as she is ready to backtrack to the hidden door leading to the dance floor, an arm slips around her waist. Ariana is pulled into another mass. The back of her body press against his. It doesn't take her long to recognize the arm around her. Murphy Macmanus held her in his grasp, unwilling to let her go. Not now, not ever. She tries to wiggle out of his touch but he pulls her back into him.

"Hello, again, " Murphy whispered into her ear once he leaned forward, pulling her more into him. His lips graze along the nape of Ariana's neck.

Ariana spun around, placing her hands against his chest. Their eyes fully lock for the first time in years. Although only three years had come and gone, Murphy still appeared the same. So did Ariana, however, the lavender color in her hair is no longer. Murphy couldn't believe how amazing she looked. As if motherhood truly changed her for the best.

"I -" Murphy began to speak but as his mouth opened, Ariana's right arm swung and what was meant to be a slap in the face became a hard right hook. Those around them gasped, some egged Ariana on.

"That's right, girl! Now punch him in the dick!" Someone screamed from the onlookers.

Ariana fixed the bottom of her skirt, pushing past a dumbfounded Murphy. She rushes out the front door leading out into the almost empty sidewalk. The night frigid. Probably the coldest for the summertime. She utters profanity at the thought of leaving behind her coat inside the break room. She couldn't go back in there, however. Not now. The double doors leading into the nightclub open once more and Ariana knew exactly who it is. She listens to the sound of music blast loudly into the night air and then suddenly subsides. Muffled.

"You leave for three years and you say, hello?!" Ariana shouts, turning around to see Murphy cradling his jaw.

"What else was I suppos' ter say exactly?!" Murphy spat, moving his jaw awkwardly.

Ariana shivered, giving him the look of death. Noticing her body reaction to the cold, Murphy sighs, removing his coat from his shoulders. He then places the thick fabric around her as he used to do before. Ariana stood there in silence, his gaze unbearable.

"Aren't ya workin' still?" Murphy jabs his thumb over his shoulder.

"Decided to quit, " Ariana replies coolly. Her fingers squeeze the opening of his coat. Remembering his scent. Everything coming back into play. The love of her life now back from the dead as if nothing had happened.

"Ariana -" Murphy began.

"How'd you find out where I worked, Murph?" Ariana spat.

"I have my own people, " Murphy replies nonchalantly. "We need to talk."

Ariana laughs out into the night air unexpectedly. Slightly deranged by the fact that Ty was right and if it took Murphy this quick to find her just to talk, how fast would it take the Russians. Murphy furrowed his brows as her shoulders moved up and down rhythmically. Tears moved to the edges of her brown eyes, wanting to break free, but she doesn't allow it. The last thing she wanted was to cry in front of Murphy Macmanus. Her tears weren't available for him anymore.

"Go home, Murph, " Ariana sighs after her laughter dies down. The look on her face is solemn. She pulls his temporary offer from around her, pushing it back into his grasp. Her heels start to clack against the concrete moments later. And also always, the tears for this man slip from the brim. They weren't available for him, yet she could never stop them from wanting to be.

Murphy curled his fingers around the neck of his coat.

"Ariana, please, " Murphy shouts.

Panic starts to form and the fear of losing her again overshadows everything and everyone. She's walking away. Away from him. Like a soul leaving the body soon after the heart ceases to beat. Every step breaks down the weakened man hidden underneath the layers.

"Ariana, wait. Please!" Murphy called out, "What about Grace?! Doesn't she deserve to know who I am?! DON'T I DESERVE THAT?!"

Hearing Grace's name, Ariana's legs come to a stop. She spun around so sharp, the world around her felt dizzy. Taken aback by his knowledge of their daughter, Ariana hugs herself to brace herself. Ready to be scorn for her own betrayal. Murphy starts for Ariana, his pace slow and his own legs shaky.

"If I would have known, I would have - I wouldn't have left. Even then, if ye told me not to go. If ye -" Murphy paused, realizing he was victim-blaming. That wasn't his reasoning. "I'm sorry, but rather ye forgive me or not - she shouldn't be punished for what I did."

Now standing in front of her, Murphy replaces his coat back around Ariana. Her teeth chattering and skin wore out by goosebumps. Looking back up at him once more, Ariana contemplated the idea. It wasn't just an easy task. Grace being only a toddler, Ariana wasn't quite sure how to approach the concept. For years, it was just Grace and Ariana. Just mommy. Yet, Ariana knew she couldn't prohibit a relationship between father and daughter. Especially if he actually wanted to be in her life.

Pressing the tip of her forehead against his chest, she hid her emotional state from the world. From Murphy.

"When you told me you were leaving, I freaked. You made up your mind without even thinking of me. And I - I wanted to tell you, but then something in me just wanted to get back at you. I was angry. So fucking angry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, " Ariana's voice cracked as her fingers gripped at his t-shirt. "I'm sorry."

Murphy pulls her into a tight embrace. Just as Connor did the day before.

"I love you, " Murphy whispered into the crown of her head. His mouth kissed her hair. "I love you so much."

Pulling back, Ariana took a peek up at Murphy. His eyes damp. Cheeks flushed due to the cool breeze. His shaggy bangs hid his brows but she could tell his forehead crinkled due to the stress and frustration leading up to this moment. She wasn't sure how to react to his words.

I love you.

Oh, how she missed those silly little three words. However, forgiveness only went so far. She loved him, nevertheless, she wasn't ready to admit that he still held a place in her heart. Moving back, Ariana wipes her cheeks with the curve of her fingers.

"I have to go, " Ariana says shortly after, turning on her heels to walk away. Murphy, too frozen to move, stood with a grief-stricken expression.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

8.7K 432 65
Ashley's best friend Rachel killed herself three years ago to escape her persistent and violent stalker. As if dealing with her best friends passing...
95.4K 1.3K 16
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 Four years have passed since they last saw each other. And in these four years, a lot has happe...
50K 829 20
This is a Y/N x Huey story. About a woman named Y/N who feel in love with a Mafia leader who is the boss of a Mafia. Feel free to comment anything or...
909 42 18
{ONGOING} One night Nova Reed is at work right after her boyfriend just broke up because he cheated on her, but she doesn't let that stop her. She ge...