THREADS OF LOVE

By SameeraHashmi

#1 IN MUSLIM ON 17/07/2021 #1 IN DUBAI on 22/6/2020 #1 IN TRADITIONAL ON 28/12/2020 #1 in Arab at 27/06/2021 ... More

MY PAST
THE PHONE CALL
LEAVING HOME
ARRIVING AT DUBAI
Meeting "Family"
MEETING HIM
ThE INTERVIEW
NEW JOB
NEW FRIENDS
THE COACHING INSTITUTE
Bhaiyaan's Outrage
THE COFFEE MUGS
OLD FRIENDS
MAKING PLANS
HEARTBREAK AND NEW PLANS
ROAMING MLEIAH
DRESSING UP
BROWN EYED JERK
ROUTINE LIVES
THE EXAM
RESULTS AND FEELINGS
SHOPPING
SISTER IN LAW
WORKING MY WAY AROUND
SWEET SURPRISES
OPPORTUNITY
PREPARATIONS
MEETING HIM AGAIN
EVERYTHING FALLS INTO PLACE
EMBARRASSMENT
CONVERSATIONS
GETTING TO KNOW HIM
MAKING EXCUSES
REVELATIONS
OUTBURST
THE PROPOSAL
THREADS OF LOVE

HELP

1.3K 59 1
By SameeraHashmi

The next few days were fine. Turns out Dr Hudson did not kick me out of the research team, even though bhabhi told him to.  But i learnt my lesson, i was never late to work and did my job sincerely. The next few days i plunged myself completely into treating patients and studying and helping Dr Hudson with whatever he asked.
They were a bit cold withe me for the initial few days but after that it became alright and they forgave me. I also didn't see bhabhi after my last encounter with her, which is also why i was my days were peaceful..
But my happiness lasted shortly, soon Saturday came and i started dreading over that party, Mr Zaroon has invited me to. My first thought was to ditch it, but you cannot just ditch a party thrown by such a powerful man. I sighed to myself, i have to attend , it there is no way out!

After completing my last patient on Saturday, i closed my file.
"Wow maam! You have been working like a machine! Even though it's Saturday, you worked late!", said Katrina.
I smiled at her. I knew i was working late, but i had to make up a lot of things.
"So! You are going to that party held by Mr Zaroon?", said she.
"What! How do you know?", i was shocked, i hasn't told anyone not even bhaiyaan or Zesmina.
"Well! News like this travels fast. All your colleges know. They must have overheard somewhere, a party thrown by Mr Zaroon doesn't get unnoticed !", said she.
Damn! Now they are gonna gossip about it for hours.
"Well! I am not sure i will go", said I casually.
She smiled at me and said sadly, "You can't turn this down you know!"
I nodded. I knew that too well.
"Alright! Allah Hafiz maam, i am going home."
"Allah hafiz!", said I And she left.

I sat down in the deserted hospital. Almost all my colleges had left. People doing night duty have arrived. My patients were over. I should be heading home. I got up and started collecting my things. After assembling them, i proceeded towards the lift with my mobile in my hand
Once in the lift, i dialled her number.
"Yes!"
"I need your help!", said I.
Zesmina laughed hearing this.
"Now what did you do?"
I sighed, "Come over, i will tell you everything."
"Okay fine, coming in an hour!", said her.
I put the phone down relieved she would come to help.
The lift doors opened and i walked out.
The hospital was less populated than usual given it was getting dark.
I walked out took a cab and straight went home. All the way through the journey i kept rubbing my hands together in nervousness. I was literally very scared about this party.
The cab stopped infront of my house and i got down.
I saw bhaiyaan had already arrived. I sighed, if only i wouldn't have to go to that stupid thing!. I could just have enjoyed a peaceful evening with bhaiyaan watching tv having dinner. But no, i need to attend a party, that i didn't genuinely agreed to go to..
I rang the bell and bhaiyaan opened it,
"Asalaamoalikum!"
"Waalekumasalaam bhaiyaan!"
"How was work?"
"Good!", i said softly.
"Wow! Someone is tired, come on in, i made you dinner."
I smiled at him and walked in.
"Thank you bhaiyaan, but i am expecting Zesmina to come over."
He looked at me and his eyes lit up. I smiled internally. Just her name ! brings him happiness. But he didn't say anything, "Sure!"
I then excused myself and went to my room.
I stripped and took a quick shower and changed into comfy clothes.
I then came out and slumped down on the bed, and picked up my mobile.
I saw a message, it was from Faruk.

                       Sorry i will not be able to make it to Mleiah tomorrow
                       I have some work to do.
                        Ps:- hope you are doing well

"Damn!" Meeting him was what i was looking forward too and now he is busy. It felt like an icing over the cake of my problems i was currently facing. I wanted to ask him whether everything was alright but the bell rang.
"Ding Dong!"
That must be Zesmina! I left my mobile and went downstairs.

I saw bhaiyaan had already opened the gate and greeted her in.
"Hey!", she said looking at me.
"Hi!", said I running towards her and giving her a hug. I didn't realise how much i missed my bestfriend. Even since this new job, we don't meet much and have grown a bit distant. But seeing her bought back all the emotions.
"Omg! Whats this hug for!", said she breaking the hug.
"I need your help!"
"Ofcourse , you need it, have you ever done anything without me. I am surprised you managed to walk and talk independently!"
"Oh shut up and just follow me!", said I and rolled my eyes..
She laughed and followed me to my room.
As soon I entered my room, i closed the door behind me.
Then i turned towards her and said, "Okay listen, i think i have gotten myself into something that i can't handle and i need you help."
"But But..", i continued, "You will promise me not to laugh our make any snide comments!"
"Well well, we will think about the comments part later, but for now Spill!"
I sighed and sat on the bed across from her and spilled out the whole story to her. From my meeting with Sarfaraz to how i met him again during my exam, to him being the sponsor of Dr Hudson's research and lastly the party!

She just sat there raising her eyebrow, occasionally she opened her mouth to speak something, but then closed it again. After she listened intently to everything, i said, "So what do you think?"
"You are unbelievable!", said she shaking her head.
"Come On!", said I exasperated.
"So much have happened and you didn't tell me about it!"

"What happened, nothing has happened?", said I trying ti act innocent.
She shook her head, "You are crazy!"
"Zesmina please i called you to help me, not to make me feel even more miserable!"
"Fine!", said she, "What do you wanna do?"
I sighed, "looks like i cannot turn this party down. So i think i will just go for a couple of hours and survive this somehow."
She nodded in agreement.
I sighed and looked at her, not believing what i was about to say, "help me dress up!"
She looked at me in surprise and raised and eyebrow.
"Now please listen, don't do anything extravagant!", i pleaded her.
She smiled at me said, "don't worry, you are going to a party thrown by someone who is practically your boss. You are gonna be very professional and formal!"
"Well technically, he isn't my boss. I don't even work for him.", said I.
She looked at and gave me a pointed look, "he is also one of the investors of the hospital not only DrHudson's research. He is the reason why that hospital runs, he literally pays for your studies and so yes he is the boss. Now shut up and go wash your face.
I wanted to answer back, but i knew she was correct. I have never won an argument with her,  so i just went to the washroom to wash my face.

I cane out and saw she was looking through my clothes in the cupboard.
"Nope! Nope! Not this one!, There you go this one", she said and took out a baby pink colour dress from the cupboard. It was light and cute.
"Match with this with white slacks and your pink scarf , you will look great!"
"I will look like a cupcake!"? Said I.
"So! Its cute!",
I laughed and took the dress and went to the changing room. I stripped and changed into it. It was really pretty. I came out of the changing room.
"There you go! You look nice. Now come let me do your hair.!", said she.
I nodded and sat down on the chair.
As she had promised, she did a very light makeup and let my hair fall down naturally.
"Done! Now you look beautiful as well as natural!", said she.
I smiled at her. I was satisfied by my look, it wasn't over or extra.
"By the way, have you talked to your brother about it?", said she.
I shook my head, "no!"
She looked at me in surprise and said, "then how are you gonna go to the party?"
"I will take a cab!", shrugged I.

"Oh come on don't be silly, let's go tell Farhaan!", said she and grabbed my hand.
"But Zesmina!", i protested.
"No buts.. come!", said she and dragged me down the stairs.
Bhaiyaan was sitting there on the sofa reading a book.

"Bhaiyaan!", said I.
He looked at me and then was surprised to see i was dressed up.
"Bhaiyaan there is a party that i need to attend. It's about work.", said I
"I never knew, medical college also have annual parties and functions.", said he.
"They don't bhaiya. Its just that Mr Zaroon invited me so i need to go!", said i.

"Sarfaraz Zaroon invited you to a party?!", said he surprised.
I nodded my head, "Yes he personally came and invited me."
He looked at me for some time and then said, " That's uncommon!"
"Anyways where is is?", said he.
"The venue is a bit far from here around the outskirts of Mleiah.", said I and gave him my mobile which had the address.
He took it and then read it, "It's far! Come i will drive you!"
"I will also come!", piped in Zesmina.

I nodded that would be great.
Then i went to my room to collect my purse, and put on my heels. Zesmina also grabbed her bag and together we proceeded outside the house.
Bhaiyaan looked the door behind us and went to take out the car.
I turned to her and said, "you sit infront! It will be easier for me to get down then!"
She just nodded.
Bhaiyaan brought the car and we climbed in, Zesmina in front and I in the back seat.
He started the engine and drove away.
"Shahista listen! The venue is a bit far away. So i will be remain closeby. After the party is over , 1 or 2 hours or whenever, just give me a call i will come to pick you up!", said he.
I nodded, "Okay bhaiyaan!"
The rest of the ride was in silence except my thumping heart, which i was sure could be heard from outside. I was scared and nervous, that was certain. But there was a tiny part of me which was also curious . It didn't felt like the last party which i had gone with bhaiyaan, because that was simply hurtful. Today, i was sure that with my family not being there, i hoped i won'tend uo getting hurt.. But this didn't change the fact that i was scared to death.

The roads were empty, So we reached before time .
I saw it from a little far away, it looked less like a hall and more like a mansion.
"Bhaiya is it?", said I.
He shook his head, "its not his home. Its just one of the many farmhouses that he owns. The Zaroon's are wealthy by birth."
I nodded, and then gaped in awe.
That place was beautiful, serene and amidst nature.
"I am gonna drop you here. Okay? Call straight when it's over.", said he to me.
I nodded, "okay Allah hafiz bhaiyaan!", said I.
"Allah hafiz!", he said and then i opened the door and got down from the car.
Bhaiyaan drove away and i gulped in, bracing my self from what was coming.

3rd person POV
"So i am gonna drop you off!", said Farhaan.
"Don't be silly Farhaan, i am not going home!", said Zesmina sharply.
Farhaan looked at her in confusion, "then what are you gonna do? It isn't certain when will Shahista return.!"
"Park the car and lets walk and see if we can find a nice place to sit and pass the time.", said she quickly..
He looked at her for sometime, and then parked the car at a place where he thought it would be safe.
"Come there's a nice bridge overlooking a small river, some distance from here. Its beautiful, wanna go?", said he .
"Sure!", said she and got down from the car.
He followed her.
"It's gonna be a long walk though!", said he.
"Uh i don't mind, talking will shorten the distance!", she said looking at him.
He laughed, "I am not good at making conversation or speaking!"
She looked at her, and said, "you will find it interesting!"
"Oh really! What do you wanna talk about?", said he putting both his hands in the pocket.
She looked at him and said, "YOU!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

334K 33K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
372K 8K 45
"Mom, I don't know what the heck I'm doing... I'm going to marry my sister's fiancé," I said, tears streaming down my face. "We can't do anything, be...
52.7K 1.7K 38
In the enchanting backdrop of India's rich cultural tapestry, where tradition and heritage intermingle with the modern world, unfolds captivating ro...
190K 14.1K 58
●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent readers, please vote. It encourages me...