Bon AppΓ©tit!

By JaXender

[GxG] Avery Carlisle is a spoiled rich college girl. She always gets what she wants and desires in her life... More

Chapter (1): Avery Carlisle
Chapter (2) I Want My Car
Chapter (3): Danni Scott
Chapter (4): Oh My Cook!
Chapter (5): Sexy As Hell
Chapter (6): The Shrew
Chapter (7): Uncle Josh
Chapter (8): Old Friends
Chapter (9): A Mouse In The House
Chapter (10): Hanging Out
Chapter (11): Flooding Danni
Chapter (12): Chloe Mitchell
Chapter (13): House Party
Chapter (14): Cleaning Up
Chapter (15): Danni & Chloe
Chapter (16): Videogames
Chapter (17): Benjamin Scott
Chapter (18): A Thanks
Chapter (19): Change Of Heart
Chapter (20): It's Going To Be Okay
Chapter (21): Friends
Chapter (22): Kiss Me
Chapter (23): In Her Sickness
Chapter (24): La Divorce
Chapter (25): Welcome Home Ben
Chapter (26): What Do You Think Robert?
Chapter (27): The Babysitting
Chapter (28): Teach Me
Chapter (29): Meeting The Friends
Chapter (30): Thunder & Lightning
Chapter (31): Double Jealousy
Chapter (32): The Spark
Chapter (33): The Rape Of The Amaryllis
Chapter (34): Outburst
Chapter (35): Healed Bruises
Chapter (36): The Hacker & The Stealthy
Chapter (37): Framing The Gray
Chapter (38): The 80,000$
Chapter (40): Hearing Loud & Clear
Chapter (41): Taming The Shrew
Chapter (42): Fervor Night
Chapter (43): The B-Word
Chapter (44): Sway With Me
Chapter (45): Ride To The Sunset
Chapter (46): Voltaic Emotions
Chapter (47): Hidden Eyes
Chapter (48): Secrets Disclosed
Chapter (49): Sweet As Sugar
Chapter (50): The Yellow Card
Chapter (51): Fresh Tears
Chapter (52): Breaking The Promise
Chapter (53): A Slap To Snap
Chapter (54): Till The Last Breath
Chapter (55): With A Ring I Vow To You

Chapter (39): Carter Reed

2.8K 108 10
By JaXender

When Danni went downstairs to the kitchen after leaving Avery's room, she only saw Abigail there and Robert was missing.

"Hey, Abby"

"Danni" she said nodding her head.

"Where is Robert?"

"He was here an hour ago but left early. He was feeling worn out and he refused to speak or talk about whatever was bothering him"

She looked down feeling sad. "... I think I know why" she said softly.

"Why?"

"... It's because me and Chloe broke up and she must feel broken because of me and he for sure is pissed at me"

"Why did you do that?!"

"... Because I didn't want to hurt her. My feelings for her weren't real and she deserves to be with someone who shares the same feelings with her. I know I hurt her badly because I know she liked me for a while and we had a good time together but we don't belong together. It's for the best"

Abigail sighed and put a hand on Danni's shoulder. "What are you gonna do about Robert?"

"... I don't know but I'll try explaining to him everything"

"I hope he'll understand your reason. From your words I get that you didn't use her, you just wanted the best for her" She patted her back and went back to work.

Avery and Meredith were having their dinner together, silently. Avery broke the silence first since she had a question roaming her mind for a while.

"When am I gonna meet Carter?"

Meredith placed her coffee gently on the table as a smile drew across her face. "I was thinking maybe tomorrow if you want. We could go to his yacht and spend a day with him"

"He has a yacht?!" Her eyes went wide.

"Yes. Two actually"

"Wow! I'm in if he's gonna take me on his yacht"

Meredith chuckled at her daughter. "Alright, I'll give him a call"

"Does he have any kids?"

She shook her head. "No, he doesn't. He was married for 7 years and his wife died because of cancer"

"Oh" she said sadly looking down. "Sorry, I didn't know about that"

Meredith nodded sadly and continued eating.

"But he is lucky though... Because he met you and you, mom, are incredible" said Avery and her mother smiled at her.

"Aw, thanks sweetie" She finished her plate and wiped her mouth "I'm gonna go to bed" She stood up. "Good night"

"Night"

***************************

Danni finished washing the dishes with Abigail and Abigail said her good night then left Danni changing her clothes. As she was going out to the door, she bumped into Avery.

"Well, hello there" said Danni smirking.

"Hello stranger" She smirked back.

"Forgot something?"

"... Maybe" She grabbed the hem of Danni's shirt. "You finished?"

"Yep"

"Then come and spend some time with me" She whined.

"I wish if I could but... I have to get Ben home. I'll make it up to you later"

"...Okay"

"Great" Danni leaned over and kissed her forehead and lingered there for a while. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Mm-hmm" She looked up at her and earned a tender kiss from her on the lips.

"Okay. Bye"

***************************

"Mark and I were playing in his room and his mom came with really good cake!" said Ben while he was in his bed, getting ready to sleep.

"Really?" She arched an eyebrow. "So, I get that you like her cakes more than mine"

She tickled him on his side, making him laugh and squeal.

"No, Danni!" He laughed. "Stop! Your cake is better!" he said laughing and she stopped tickling him.

"That's what I thought"

She ruffled his hair and he slipped his body under the covers, yawning.

"Okay, champ, time to sleep"

He nodded and she tucked him in after he gave her a hug.

She went to her bedroom and rested her body on the mattress. Danni put one hand behind her arm and the other on her stomach, her eyes were opened and she was thinking about Avery that was making her heart beat at the moment and her lips betrayed her when they curved up for a smile.

Her phone rang beside her and she extended her hand to grab it, seeing the ID's caller, she smiled at herself.

"Can't get enough of me already?" asked Danni.

"Cocky!" said Avery smiling. "Did I wake you up?"

"No. Actually I was just thinking about you"

"Me too. I was thinking about our time earlier"

There was a silence for a moment and Avery spoke again. "Danni" She sighed. "Do you... like me?"

She sat properly on the bed and frowned. "Of course I do! Why do you ask such thing? I mean I kissed you, right? And... I think I liked you since the very first day I met you, back in the garage, when you were about to kill me, remember?"

She chuckled. "Yeah, how could I forget? You were such a pain in the ass!"

"And you were such a mean girl!" She shot back. "But I liked it. it's... hot"

"You are such a flirt!"

"Can't help it. I wanted to tell you about my feelings for you before"

"Why couldn't you?"

"I was going to you the day when you shut me out, I was going to tell you about how I feel towards you"

"Don't tell me it's the day before I told you about what Gray did to me?"

"Yes, that was the day"

"Ugh! I'm such an idiot!"

"Avery, it's okay. You were mad at him and not me. I know you didn't mean what you said that day"

"I just wish if I've told you before that I was having a crush on you!"

Danni's eye went wide and she grinned, sitting up on the bed. "Wait, what?"

On the other line Avery covered her mouth and blushed at her own words.

"Are you saying that you all this time were having a crush on me?!"

"..."

"Avery?"

"Yes. Yes, I was, okay? It's not my fault that you are flirty all the time and you have a kind heart I guess I was attracted to you"

"I have to say I'm not surprised"

"Why is that?"

"Because the day at the party when I tucked you in, you were kind of handsy"

"What? What did I do?"

"You pulled me with you on the bed and started playing with my hair and I remember you saying that you like my curls" She chuckled.

"I did what!"

"That you did, ginger"

"Oh god. I'm such a mess"

"I have no regrets in working for your family or being your enemy then your friend or being your crush at the moment"

"Same. I have no regrets about our kiss"

"Kisses" She corrected.

"Right!" She laughed. "Before I go to sleep, umm I think that we should take our time first before telling April and Steve about us"

"I agree and I wouldn't mind if they knew on their own though"

"Okay, so we have a deal then. We won't tell anyone unless if we were ready"

"Deal"

"Alrighty" She yawned. "I'm sleepy. Talk to you later?"

"Sure"

"Good night"

"Night"

******************************

Avery got ready on the next day to finally meet the man who stole her mother's heart. She went outside the house and got into the car with her mother. They arrived in front of Carter's yacht and they both were surveying the place until a man came out of the yacht wearing light blue polo shirt and white pants waved at them with his shades on.

His hair was gray and looked very handsome and fit. Meredith beamed and Avery smiled a little. Carter went to Meredith giving her a kiss on the cheek and turned his attention to Avery.

"Hello, I'm Carter, you must be the one and only Avery" He smiled gently at her.

"Hi, pleasure to meet you, Carter" she said shaking his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine"

"You have a nice yacht right there"

"Thanks. Come on let me take you on a tour"

"Okay"

After showing them his yacht, they sailed away for quite some time, servants were serving them refreshments in the hot weather. Avery enjoyed the view from the railing and breathed fresh air. She closed her eyes while sipping her drink and reopened them again when she heard footsteps behind her.

"Can I join you?" asked Carter holding his drink.

"Sure" She turned back to the sea.

"Enjoying the view?"

"Yeah. It's been a long time since I got in a yacht. My father had one but he sold it later on"

He looked at the view for a moment before shifting his eyes at the red head, tapping his finger on the glass of champagne nervously. "Listen Avery... can I be honest with you?"

"Please" She turned to him.

"I'm not replacing your father. I just fell in love with your mother and we didn't have any secret relationship behind his back. Your father knew about our relationship a long time ago and your mother wanted to tell you about me but I was afraid you might reject me. If you don't like me or don't accept our relationship, I understand and will back away because I know this is hard for you and I'll respect your decision" he said sincerely.

"Carter... it's fine" She smiled. "I like seeing mom happy and she is when she is with you and that's what matters. Besides, I like you so far. My dad moved on in his life and I want my mom to do the same thing and you are the only one who can help her with it" She smiled at him genuinely.

"Thank you, Avery and I promise you, I'll try to do my best just to please you and help in whatever you need. I already consider you as my daughter since I never had children" He gave her a warm smile.

She recalled her conversation with her mom about him not having any children so she decided to ease off a little of his pain. "And I consider you as my second father"

"So..." He looked at her. "Speaking of love, anyone special? You don't have to answer if I'm crossing my line here"

"No, it's fine..." She smiled at the thought of Danni and then chuckled at herself and he grinned, getting the hint that there was someone in the red head's mind. "Yeah, there is someone special"

"He is lucky" He patted her back.

"Except..." She looked around to see if her mother was with them and when she found no one, she got closer to him and spoke in a low voice. "Except that 'he' is a she"

"Oh" he said but his smile didn't drop. "That's better I guess"

"Why is that?"

"You know, women are just supportive and more compassionate, loving and trustworthy. Probably all the good qualities that are hard to find in a man can be found in a woman" He chuckled and she joined.

"True but I know that there are still good men. Like you for example" He nodded at her and she looked at the sea and he noticed her look when she played with her fingers nervously.

"What's on your mind? You can tell me anything. I won't tell your mom, that will be our secret" he said and she turned to him again.

"My mom doesn't know about my relationship. We are keeping it a secret for now from everyone. We just started seeing each other a few days ago"

"It's okay. Is this your first relationship with a girl?"

"Yes and I like her a lot, you have no idea what she did for me and just for me! She is so loving and gentle, she has a heart of an angel. She makes my heart beat like crazy!" She grinned and her heart pounded in her chest at the thought of Danni.

He beamed at her and sipped his drink. "I know that feeling and if she makes you that happy then it's worth being with her but are you keeping it a secret from your parents because you are afraid that they will reject her?"

"My parents are homophobic and that's not just the problem, the other problem is that she works for us"

His eyes went wide. "Wow!"

"If they knew this, they would fire her and she needs this job since it pays her enough and if I'm being selfish here I need her in my life"

"I promise I won't tell any of this to your mother but," He held her arm. "You have to tell them before they find out on their own and it won't be good for the both of you"

She sighed. "I know. Thanks Carter" He nodded.

"There you are!" said Meredith. "The food is ready. Come on!"

****************************

Danni finished her work at the garage and changed her clothes. She was smiling at herself and her uncle was beside her packing his things.

"Thinking about your red head?"

She chuckled. "Yeah, it's hard not to"

"Good for you. You are seeing her tonight, right?"

"Yep. She called me last night"

"Oh really?! That's romantic"

"Yeah, I can't believe this either!"

"Catch your heart, kiddo before it jumps out of your chest" He joked and she nudged his shoulder.

"Catch yours first"

"Hey! I'm trying to be your uncle here"

"And I appreciate that" She hugged him "I should go now" she said excitedly.

"Man, you seem more excited than Ben" He chuckled.

"Laters" she said as she hopped on her vespa and took off.

Soon, she arrived outside the house, Danni went to the kitchen from the back door and saw Robert glancing at her then looked away from her, avoiding her and she knew that he was mad at her. Abigail noticed the cold shoulder and decided to step in.

"They haven't arrived yet" she said "But Mrs. Carlisle called and said to prepare the dinner"

"Mm-hmm" said Danni as she looked at Robert.

He looked at her and decided to leave the kitchen after he slammed the newspaper on the table. She immediately without a second thought followed him outside, calling out his name.

"Robert!"

He turned to her. "Yes?"

"Let me explain to you why we broke up"

He crossed his arms and sighed. "I hope you have a good reason"

"I do. I broke up with Chloe because I know I wasn't the right match for her and she would end up hurt because I don't share the same feelings with her as much as she does for me, so I thought it was the right thing to do because I don't want to see her get hurt as much as you don't want her to be... and I'm sorry. I'm sorry for doing this to you and her"

"Look Danni, what happened between you and Chloe is hurting me because when she was with you, she was so happy and now she is so upset and I don't understand if you didn't like my daughter as much as she liked you then why bother and date her? Was she some sort of toy, a scientific experiment to you to overcome your bottled feelings for another?"

She looked down from the guiltiness and whispered. "No. I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen"

He looked at her sadly then left. She went back to the kitchen and prepared the dinner. Abigail shut her mouth but she felt pity for the young chef that she only patted her shoulder.

Two hours later, Avery and Meredith returned home and sat on the dining table waiting for the dinner but Avery was waiting to see Danni.

"Mom..." She sighed then smiled. "I like Carter very much. He is super sweet and friendly"

"You do?"

"Yes. I think you made the right choice"

"Oh honey! I'm glad you see it that way. I was so scared you'd reject him"

"No, on the contrary I enjoyed my time with him today. He seems understanding"

Danni emerged from the kitchen and followed by Abigail. When they reached the table, Avery looked at Danni and saw the sad look in her eyes as she was serving them the dinner and she couldn't help but wonder about the reason behind her sadness.

"Bon Appetit" she said with a fake smile before leaving.

*****************************

Danni and Abigail were washing the dishes and Danni remained silent the whole night.

"Come on, let me hear that sweet voice of yours" said Abigail as she dried the dishes.

Danni smiled a little. "It's just hard. I feel bad for what I did to both of them"

"Danni, honey... you didn't do anything wrong..."

*******************************

Avery was walking to the kitchen and she overheard Danni's and Abigail's conversation.

"Danni, honey... you didn't do anything wrong. You simply didn't want to hurt the girl. Robert will come around I'm sure of it. He has a mushy heart like the marshmallow"

She sighed and nodded. "Thanks Abby for trying to make me feel better"

"Just don't blame yourself, okay?"

She nodded again and Abigail rubbed her back before she left. Danni sat on the chair with her hands on her temples and a look of guilt drew on her face. She felt a hand rest on her shoulder so she turned around to Avery and weakly smiled at her.

"Hey, you okay?" She grabbed a chair and sat across from her, holding her hand.

"I don't know" She shook her head in frustration.

"You can tell me"

Danni sighed with her eyes closed then she opened them and looked down at the soft hand holding hers. "Well, Robert is mad at me because I hurt Chloe and I can't blame him because I know I hurt her when I broke up with her"

Avery slowly drew back her hands. "So you want to get back with Chloe?" She looked down.

Danni quickly looked at her and grabbed her hand. "No!" She shook her head. "No, I want you, Avery. I'm just regretting the fact that I was dating her and ended up hurting her"

"Okay" she said and brushed her thumb over Danni's hand.

"And we broke up in bad timing too or it was good, I don't know"

"What do you mean by bad timing?"

She looked at Avery, feeling embarrassed. "We..." She cleared her throat. "We... were about to do it but I stopped her before anything could happen so I think it was a good timing that I broke up with her before we get to do it"

"Okay...?" She looked away feeling a little upset at hearing this or imagining it.

"Look, I'm sorry, I should've not said that"

"Danni, it's fine"

"No it's not, you look upset!"

"And I'm telling you I'm not" she said calmly as she cupped Danni's face in her palms. "Okay? Calm down"

She took a deep breath and gave her a firm nod. "Alright, I'm calm"

"Good" she said smiling and then she pressed her lips on Danni's in a quick kiss. "Better?"

"Hmm, could you please try again? I don't think I felt it" She smirked at the red head.

"Not here" She grabbed her hand and guided her upstairs to her room, without making noise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 9.6K 22
Avery Jennings and Ryan Shaw are both leaving New York on Christmas morning to fly home to Seattle. By chance, they are seated in the same row and st...
1.4M 61.2K 41
Chased by a troubled past and big dreams for her future, Muna Johnson has travelled across the country to take up a new promotion as the Personal Ass...
71K 3.2K 48
[GxG] Sage Miller, a young woman in her twenties didn't have the best life growing up. Her journey in life had its shares of downs and disappointment...
278K 14.4K 45
(Book One) Do you ever feel as if your life has yet to begin? I've been alive for almost seventeen years now and absolutely nothing has ever happened...