Counting Stars ✓

By re_ixm

In which two individuals meet at the dead of the night, and things don't go all that smoothly. More

intro + prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
thirty
epilogue

twenty-nine

2.2K 142 28
By re_ixm

Kasper pulled out the only remaining seat - next to Rose. He nodded at Rune, having expected to see his ex after all that King told him.

He had been quite surprised, and somewhat bitter about the two when he was first informed.

But nonetheless, he couldn't find it within himself to be angry at them for simply liking each other. And he appreciated the younger boy being honest with him rather than hiding it from him until the last minute. It at least gave him time to prepare himself mentally.

He stretched his arm out and passed an envelope to King while Rune simply observed. "It was hell getting all this information, so you better stick to your words and get her locked up for good."

King opened it up and checked over the contents.

"So we were right..." At his words, Kaew looked over and bit down on her lips. She looked at Rose and Khun Rain, "Do you two by any chance know about her doing illegal businesses?"

"That's why we called you three to the meeting," Rose said, motioning for King to give her the documents for her to look over. She frowned as she went over the reports. A slight sigh escaped, "However, it seems Khun Rain and I failed to see she had some here."

She looked at the individuals before her and said, "Let's go over every detail, shall we?"

Kasper revealed the situation involving Alice's growing connection with several different gangs, including the one he was currently in - Blueblood. She recently got in contact with a mafia, too.

However, whether or not the negotiation went through is still unknown for neither side has yet to act. The reason for her to strike deals and have business with them was quite clear; she wanted to use them as a scapegoat for whenever her position was in danger, all the while making more money.

It disgusted King to think she was so greedy for more money when she already had more than enough. However Rose informed them the company Alice was running in fact hadn't been doing well for a number of years.

To be precise, since King was first born her businesses have been going downhill due to her poor management and skills. She was calculative and evil, but it did not mean her ability to run a company was good. She only knew how to manipulate people, that was all. She eventually turned to even more illegal means to retain her wealth not too long after, and managed to keep it hidden from the public.

At the end of the meeting, they concluded she would most likely be using Blueblood as the first scapegoat for her trial since several 'evidences' for the police to use to take down the gang have been laid out throughout their bases.

They needed a way to take down all the groups and Alice, which was surely going to cause a lot of work. But as long as they managed to catch the big bosses, it should be enough for Alice to not be able to walk out free.

"We need people to get rid of the traps she's set," Khun Rain said.

"How?" Kaew asked. "It's not easy, or safe getting in contact with those in the gang."

The elder turned to Kasper, who raised his eyebrow, having a feeling he knew what she was about to say.

"We have this young lad here. They still believe you're loyal to them, don't they?" she asked. Kasper nodded, "Yes. However, I think they're starting to be suspicious of me since I was sneaking around collecting information."

"That's fine," Rose said, calculating out a plan. "You can use that to your advantage. Tell them you received an unknown tip, and have begun to suspect Alice. It should help the gang eliminate what she plotted in their territory. At this time, this will also make leaving easier since it would mean you doing a big favour to them."

"Of course I will still hire people to protect you if by chance they still decide to hurt you for trying to leave," King reassured, seeing the slight worry on the older boy's face. He wasn't like his mother who backed out on his promises. Kasper took a close look at King. Seeing the confidence and clarity, he nodded. "Alright."

"Kasper," Rune called out, just as the latter got on his motorcycle. Kasper raised his brow, "Yes?"

"How are you?" Rune asked awkwardly. King tried not to laugh at how adorable the senior looked. He leaned against the car, and waited for them to talk. Not far from them, Kaew waved at him before getting into her car and driving off, a sense of warmth running through him at her gesture.

"I've been...good," Kasper replied. He took in the appearance of his ex. Rune was still as handsome as he was back then, and while he regretted being the reason their relationship failed, it at least paved a path for his ex to meet King instead. "And, ur, I'm sorry. For everything I've done."

His apology made Rune smile despite how surprised he was. From their conversation earlier with the group, he could tell Kasper had grown a lot, and was certainly a better person than he was back when they were together. "It's all good."

Kasper nodded, looking back at King, who gave him a slight wave when their eyes met, before turning back to Rune. "He's a...nice one. So be careful not to lose him," he said, putting on his helmet.

Rune turned to King and grinned. He waved Kasper goodbye and made his way over to the car, "Let's go?"

King nodded. He found himself smiling despite how nervous he was feeling about everything. A slightly bad feeling loomed over him, but as he looked at Rune's loving expression, he shook it away.

~

Rune couldn't help feeling something bad was about to happen. He took out his phone, about to text King who had an appointment with the lawyer for the case, when the screen revealed Rose calling. Before he could get a word out when he answered, the older girl said, "King's in the hospital."

Rune nearly dropped the phone in shock. Fang and Fah who had been bickering looked up at him in concern when they saw his pale face and tight grip on the cellphone.

"What happened?" he asked, his voice shaky and full of fear. .

Rose sighed. "Him and Kaew were on their way to see the lawyer in charge and the car collided with a truck. Both of them have yet to come out of the operation rooms."

"Shit. Was it their mother? How did you know about this?"

He dreaded the answer after all the warnings Rose told them when they had a meeting. From what he gathered, King's mother wasn't an easy woman and made sure her victims were usually finished off properly when it came to killing them. Therefore he prayed it was just an ordinary accident and not part of his mother's schemes.

"I estimated someone would get hurt during this process. So I made several connections to some of the staff at different hospitals to ensure we would be informed in case anyone involved in this case came in. From the looks of it, it was indeed her. I didn't expect her to target her own children first, though."

King's mother once again proved she wasn't human. Heck, she didn't deserve to be called King's mother if she was willing to go as far as killing him in order to keep herself free of any charges. It wasn't humane. "Which hospital is he at?"

"I'll send you the location. I've got to meet the lawyer in their place. So see you later."

"Bye," Rune said, "Thanks for informing me."

Picking up his bag, he stood up and proceeded to his car with fast paced walking. Fah and Fang followed after him.

"What happened?" Fah asked.

"King's in the hospital," he informed the twins.

"Holy shit," Fah cried out. "Things really are getting crazy, huh?"

"Very," Rune sighed. And he didn't like it one bit. No. He was for sure going to make sure to help out as best as he can to ensure Kings-Alice, was thrown into jail and given the proper sentencing.

Rune traced his thumb over King's hand. He took a deep breath and leaned down slightly, closing his eyes. "Wake up, King," he muttered towards the sleeping boy. "So much as happened, you know. Your mom has been proven guilty."

He reopened his eyes and reached out to brush strands of hair away from King's forehead. It had been a month since he had been in an accident, and the younger boy still didn't show any signs of waking up. He could vividly remember the fear and anger he felt when he first saw King laying in the hospital bed.

No matter how hard he tried to prepare himself for what he was to see that day, it still broke his heart to see King so injured. He didn't deserve it.

"You should've seen the look on her face when they ruled her as guilty and gave her a life sentence," he tried to force out a smile. But seeing the lack of response, he could only hang his head low and hold back his tears once more.

"Your sister managed to become your guardian, too," he continued to update King, knowing he would most likely have to repeat the information once he woke up. If he woke up.

The idea of King potentially never waking up haunted him. He didn't want to think about it, and continuously hoped King would wake up soon. After all, he hadn't even gotten the chance to make things official. And boy did he have a lot in mind for what was to come when they did officially become a couple.

He would most certainly pamper the boy until there was no tomorrow. Rune wanted nothing more than for King to wake up so he could shower him with endless streams of kisses and gifts, and give his undivided attention.

He wanted to wake up with him in his arms, and have him sleep peacefully next to him at night. He wanted to see the beautiful glowing sunrises with him, and to gaze up at the stars, and to count it with him as they fell asleep in each other's arms.

He felt his tears fall. He was tired, mentally and physically. He hadn't had proper meals or a sleep schedule since King was in an accident. His friends and several others tried to convince him to look after himself better but it didn't feel right when the person he loves was laying in the hospital in a coma.

"Rune?" Came a soft and strained voice. If not for the sheer silence of the room, other than his soft sniffles, he wouldn't have heard it. He jolted in surprise, brushing away the tears in his eyes in a hurry.

He beamed at the sight of King looking at him with concern. "You're awake," he said in relief. "Thank goodness."

"...What..." King gasped out. Rune quickly got up to press the button for a nurse and retrieved a glass of water. He slowly raised the bed and helped King drink the water to replenish his dry throat.

"What happened?" King managed to ask.

"You were in an accident...it's been a month since you fell into a coma," Rune informed, taking hold of King's hand once more. He planted a soft kiss on it, trying not to be overwhelmed by his emotions and break down crying. Gosh how he missed King's voice.

"A month?" King's jaw dropped. "What about the trial?"

"Don't worry. She's...she's getting what she deserves," he reassured, smiling softly when King relaxed at his words.

"Want me to tell you what happened?" Rune asked. King nodded weakly, wanting to know everything's he's missed out on. And more specifically, about his mother's whereabouts and how the trial went down.

[a/n: I'm sorry for this terrible chapter 😭. I really wanted to write it out better but this was the best I could do.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 1K 16
𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚌...
10.9K 410 14
a lion is chasing a rabbit.. Who do you will win??
40.2K 2.3K 24
Win was emotionless and so was Bright till he met him. No smut, but there will be swearing and probably mature concepts as well (not too detailed) S...
65.4K 3.9K 18
Win is transferred to a new school where he develops a crush on one of his classmates, Bright and enjoys when he flirts with him. However, with ego h...