Rental Boyfriend [NAMJIN]

By infintefalltohell

"For him and I, there is no line between truth and lie, there is only our blurred square of love." Kim Namjoo... More

Teaser: A Devoted Father
Chapter 1: Family Love Corp
Chapter 2: He's a little flustered...
Chapter 3: Interview
Chapter 4: I'm sure he misses you too
Chapter 6: Denial
Chapter 7: Death Note
Chapter 8: Feelings
Chapter 9: Tell me about Dad
Chapter 10: Parent Teacher Interviews
Chapter 11: I love him
Chapter 12: Confession
Chapter 13: Overworked and Underpaid
Chapter 14: Narrow
Chapter 15: First Date
Chapter 16: Ditched
Chapter 17: Meeting
Chapter 18: The Neighbours
Chapter 19: Caught Out
Chapter 20: Break Up
Chapter 21: My Fault
Chapter 22: Blurred
Chapter 23: Apart
Chapter 24: Reunion
Chapter 25: Our Future (Finale)

Chapter 5: The First Day

490 33 11
By infintefalltohell

Seokjin laid in his bed, scrolling through his For You page on Tik Tok. He hated the app, he didn't know why he even had it, but it was addictive and it got him hooked. He wanted to get out of it, but he was too lazy to do so.

It had been over a month since he last saw Namjoon, and he was missing him like crazy. Every Tik Tok he had seen about loving someone you don't really know was driving him insane, because he could relate.

"Bonamana, Bonamana~" His ringtone loudly rang through his ears, Bonamana by Super Junior playing. Seokjin answered with a smile once he saw that it was Namjoon calling.

"Namjoon-san? Hello?" He could hear faint breathing on the other side of the line and what sounded like a slap to the face.

"Get yourself together Namjoon." Seokjin knew that Namjoon wasn't meaning for him to hear what he said, and Seokjin was saddened by the sudden prospect. 'Does he really need to be composed in front of me? Can't he be true to me?'

"Hey... it's Jimin's first day of school tomorrow and I need you there for the parent introduction, you're available, right?" Seokjin nodded, his heart beating out of his chest.

"I can't hear you when you nod, Seokjin-san. Please vocalise your agreement." Seokjin flushed, eyes wide and cheeks pink. 'He has a bedroom voice... and that's what it sounds like. If this man is going to be my client for the next 4 years, then I better bring Ventolin with me, for I fear that I may run out of breath.'

"Yes... sir..."

"Sir?" Seokjin's cheeks were now the poster boy for the colour red.

"Namjoon-san, I'm sorry, but can you blame me? You used your bedroom voice! That's cruel!" Namjoon laughed from the other side of the line.

"Seokjin-san! I'm supposed to be the bottom here, my god!" At first, Seokjin looked shocked, lips parted and eyes wide. He could hear Namjoon curse quietly to himself.

"Stop being so awkward Namjoon! He doesn't need to know how socially awkward you are!"

"He already knows." Seokjin could hear a surprised yelp from the other side.

"Seokjin-san! Heh... I have to go... to feed my cat! That's right, my cat!" Seokjin smiled fondly at his phone as he thought about Namjoon's awkwardness.

"You don't have a cat."

Namjoon hung up the phone and threw it to the other side of the room. He could hear Seokjin's laugh in his head, haunting his thoughts. He could feel his lips curving into a soft smile. 'Namjoon, no! You should know your limits!'

Namjoon looked through his cupboard for a suit, panicking when he didn't find one that fit him properly.

"Where is the suit I wore last week dammit?" He shouted.

"You tore it, remember Dad?" Namjoon sighed, 'Got to love Jimin at times like these.'

"That was useful, thanks Jiminie."

"You're welcome!" He groaned and slammed his head against the wall, screaming piercingly. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something black and white, a suit!

"A FUCKING SUIT! HOW COULD I NOT HAVE SPOTTED IT!" He quickly pulled it on, rushing to the bathroom and checking his reflection in the mirror. His hair was already done, the only difference being that it was neater in presentation. After all, Seokjin preferred Namjoon's natural hair. Namjoon smiled, satisfied.

"Jiminie! Time to go!" Namjoon walked to Jimin's room and gestured to Jimin to follow him, which Jimin did gladly.

"I'm coming Dad!" The two walked to the car and entered, waiting.

"Seokjin-san is walking here apparently." Jimin groaned, impatiently tapping his foot.

"Well he should be quicker! Otherwise I'm going to be late for my first day! That's not a good impression Dad, it's cool to be late on the third day, but not the second or first!" Namjoon sighed, listening to his son's rant with little interest. 'I'm not even going to pretend to be cool or know what's going on with his generation, they're a mess, all of them.'

He sat for a while, unaware of Jimin unlocking the car and letting Seokjin in, the two having a brief conversation. Seokjin turned to an unfocused Namjoon and smiled.

"Namjoon-san?" Namjoon snapped his head to the passenger seat, in which Seokjin sat with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Seokjin-san? What are you doing here?" Namjoon started the car and pulled out of the driveway, beginning to drive towards the school.

"Your son let me in." Namjoon glared at Jimin.

"Seriously?" Jimin merely grinned.

"Sorry Dad, but again, don't want to be late on the first day. Should I go through it again?" Namjoon and Seokjin both groaned.

"Case proven! I'm sorry!" Namjoon exclaimed.

"Please don't put me through that!" Seokjin exclaimed. Both of the adults turned to one another and grinned, looking towards Jimin once more.

"What a good kid." Seokjin found himself saying.

"Yeah, he is, isn't he?" Namjoon once again faced the front and continued to drive. The three sat in comfortable silence, calming themselves before facing the posh school.

"It looks like it got bigger since we left." Seokjin stated bluntly, opening the doors for Namjoon and Jimin. Jimin smiled in good humour.

"It does, doesn't it? It's like me having a growth spurt."

"Which won't happen anytime soon." Namjoon interjected, playful smile gracing his face. Jimin scowled and Seokjin laughed, placing his hand on the small of Namjoon's back, whilst Namjoon had his hand on Jimin's shoulder.

"We can face these people, let's go." They took Jimin to the front office, lining up behind the many parents and freshmen waiting for information. After a long time, the line reached them. Seokjin smiled politely, working his charms on the office lady.

"This is Kim Jimin, could you possibly inform us about the payments?" The office lady nodded,

"Payments for the year are to be handed in within the first month of the school year, no later. This does not include excursions, camps or sporting events, they will either be sponsored by the school, another parent or you will pay for them yourself. Any questions?" Seokjin's eyes were wide, as were Namjoon's.

"Someone's annoying, and it isn't you this time." Namjoon muttered under his breath, so only Seokjin would hear. Seokjin snickered loudly, being death glared by many of the parents. He shrunk back slightly, usually not offended easily, however this was a rare exception. Namjoon held his hand and put an arm on Seokjin's shoulder and turned around, glaring back at the parents. He glared at them not only with disgust, but with such a hatred that they turned away not only in disgust but also slight horror.

"No questions. We'll take our leave now." Seokjin hugged Jimin first, wrapping his arms around Jimin's waist.

"Love you Father." Seokjin's face was at first was shocked, then he remembered that Jimin was supposed be his son, and that he was just playing his role.

"I love you too Jiminie, good luck on your first day at school." Jimin then switched to Namjoon, hugging him just as tightly.

"I love you Dad." Namjoon smiled and ran his hand through Jimin's hair, those three precious words were a way of saying goodbye to Jimin. He was still pissed by the treatment of the other parents, but he was okay, for now.

"Love you too Jiminie, make lots of friends, alright?" Jimin nodded enthusiastically, letting go and waving goodbye as he exited to the hallway ahead.

Namjoon lowered the hand on Seokjin's arm and glided it to Seokjin's hand, gripping it as if it were his lifeline.

"Darling?" Namjoon still didn't let go, trying to ignore the whispers and sneers of the other parents as he took Seokjin outside. Seokjin could tell that Namjoon was significantly more sensitive than him.

"Honey?" The endearments came naturally for Seokjin, who was used to acting. Namjoon however flushed and sat on a seat nearby, taking Seokjin with him.

"Namjoonie? Why'd you take us out?"

"They were whispering about us and I couldn't take it anymore. Whispering about how young I looked and how you're probably 10 years older than me and how you're probably just my sugar daddy. Stuff like that. I'm sensitive, I'm sorry." Namjoon buried his head in Seokjin's chest, gripping his shirt tightly. Seokjin couldn't tell if Namjoon was crying or not, because after that, not a noise was to be heard, but he put his hand in Namjoon's hair anyways.

"They're going to whisper darling, at the next event we just have to come off stronger, that's all." Namjoon nodded, relaxing his grip, but not moving beyond that.

In that moment, on the park bench near the office, Seokjin forgot the world around him. He forgot his limits and he forgot the judgement. He smiled fondly as Namjoon stayed in the same position, once the bell had gone, Seokjin had taken Namjoon in his arms and brought them to the car. He drove down the street then parked, sitting with Namjoon a while longer.

To him, it almost felt real. It almost felt as if he and Namjoon were actually together, facing the same prejudices together.

To Seokjin, Namjoon and him were a fallen fantasy.

Author's Note: Namjin is a mess, as am I. I'm so sorry for not updating, I promise chapters will be more consistent soon. (I've been busy watching Thai BL's and playing Solitaire aha)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.1K 5.5K 36
Kim Seokjin's future was ruined when he was raped by his own senior at the age of 16 and it traumatized him and almost committed suicide. But when th...
5.7K 318 15
Kim Seokjin has hit rock bottom in life and for the past, one year and some has been trying to get back up. When all his attempts fail, he has no cho...
2.3K 177 21
When a normal boy, a dance tutor named Park Jimin falls in love with his best friend's childish sister, you. And by childish, I really mean it. Jimin...
37.3K 1.9K 41
Jimin is almost due and now, more than ever, he needs the help of his baby's father. The problem is that he doesn't know who is the real baby's fath...