Glitter and Gold-My Hero Acad...

By PikaBlueQueen

About 80% of the human population have a 'Quirk'. A 'Quirk' is like a superpower or special ability, so for t... More

Prologue: Izuku Midoriya and (Y/n) Akashi Origin
Chapter One: What it takes to be a Hero
Chapter 2: Roaring Muscles
Chapter 3: Start Line
Chapter 5: Rage, You Damn Nerd
Chapter 6: 'Deku' vs. Kacchan
Chapter 7: Bakugo's starting line
Chapter 8: Yeah, Just do your best, Iida!
Chapter 9: Encounter with the Unknown
Chapter 10: Game Over
Chapter 11: All Might....Of A Woman
Chapter 12: Upon each of their hearts

Chapter 4: What 'I' can do for now?

372 6 0
By PikaBlueQueen

~Late on the evening before U.A. opens for a new year~

The very same teachers who were ALSO the judges for the exam were looking over the scoreboard of the exam particle part. A woman's voice with a soothing almost sexy whisper was looking at the top score. As she explained and voice her concerns and hopes.

"Hmm, I have to say...I never expected Airi's daughter to have such control over her 'Quirk' and at such a young age. I mean she isn't even 18 and yet...I get the feeling she'll give us a run for the money.~"

Another voice, a man's had a roughness yet a hint of wisdom, almost like that of a cowboy's came in.

"Well, what you'd expect after all She is the daughter of the third-rated number hero, on the charts. Not to mention her grandfather.~ After all remember his hero nickname WAS 'Dominator'.~ Also that Katsuki Bakugo, even though he came in a second he didn't even have a recommendation letter. Even while the others were panicking and all over the place. Both HE and (Y/n) remained to focus on letting the small targets get in close. However, Katsuki didn't take down the big villain or rescue anyone. That might be a problem...."

"Well on the opposite end, the 7th place student Izuku Midoriya had zero villain points."

"It's not the first U.A. hopeful to take down that giant robot. Its been a while since I saw someone blow it away with one attack.~"

"Yeah....but at WHAT cost! Did you see how badly he injured himself!? If you ask me it's like his body isn't use to his 'Quirk'."

The judges and teachers were re-watching the screen of the exam when the big question came into discussion.

"We might want to keep in mind what Airi's request was. After all, she was part of the school as well. She said this is what her whole family trained for her. Whether it was to help her overcome the tragedy in her life. Or something she wanted for herself. Either way.....are we all in agreeance to hold off on letting them know her quirk? Let's say she must show it by within the school year, or maybe the sports event?"

They all agreed that (Y/n) was allowed to 'remain' 'Quirk-less' for now, but she has to show her Quirk by the start or after the sports events. While the teachers were going over the students and which classroom they will be in someone who was watching from the shadows with a buttoned lip, came over to the group.

"...I'll take her."

The judges all rose their heads seeing how they didn't even notice him.

"Good grief Aizawa! You have to stop surprising us like that....well that or knock when you come into the room."

"Hold on?~ YOU Mr. Aizawa is volunteering on taking a student?~ That's new.~ Aw you already playing favorites?~"

"Don't be ridiculous....she just seems like the kind of student who won't waste my time. Also....you sure that's 'HIS' daughter? She doesn't look like she has his orange hair?"

They faced the screen again watching her walking away with the blank emotionless face. Yes, that is true. (Y/n) dad was well known for his sun-rising orange locks. And (Y/n)'s hair is black as the night. If anything she didn't look anything like her mom or her dad!? It was a puzzling thing however they were letting her in the cause of her impressive control of her 'Quirk' not her looks.

This Mr. Aizawa was a 6'0 foot slender man pale-skinned. With messy bed, hair shoulder-length hair. Bangs were showing only his beady eyes if anything when you first meet him, he seems more like a drained-out, lazy bone-looking man. His eyes looked like he hasn't gotten any sleep at all. He seems more like a night-owl than anything.

The teachers agreed to let Aizawa take (Y/n) into his class. With nothing left to say he just walked out not even looking back. While he was left alone in the hallway a flashback of old memories came back to him. Looking back through it Aizawa pause as he gazed at his boots letting those flashes of the past wash over him.

-Flashback

"What the hell!? I don't need your help! You just get back with the rest of them!"

Look back down Aizawa first meet him when they faced a huge earthquake when it had just finally claimed down, and now they were trying to get those inside out. And Aizawa was there letting the pros know who was on what level. Jumping up into the air he noticed the same man with orange hair in a low ponytail running! Aizawa just rolled his eyes ignoring him, when the pros got everyone out, Aizawa was then feeling the ground shake again he screamed at everyone to get back.

The crowd and the pros escorted everyone away as the building was falling apart and crumbling!? It wasn't until Aizawa noticed the very same man was there, he quickly went back thinking how stupid he was!? When he meets up with him it wasn't until he noticed he was holding two small kids that were in his arms and the parents with shoulder injuries'!? Worrying about that later he quickly used his wrap to pull the parents up as he made sure the kids and the man didn't get hurt.

When it was all over Aizawa came over asking the man how he knew there was a family down there? He just faced back up at him as he just smiled saying well he knows the people around here. Even the kids, liked to hide in the basement to play with other kids. It was like their secret clubhouse. Their parents were just coming over from their job. That's when the earthquake came and started.

He then playful nudged him.

"Hey, it's okay. I'll take the scolding now but....they were just kids....they were scared. I had to let them know yes someone was here. Yeah, not a pro but someone.....someone is a lot better than no one."

His smile was so warm, in fact, Aizawa wasn't much of smiler. But his jaw and face relaxed from just looking at it. He just playfully grins telling him he is so weird. However, he opened his eyes smiling even bigger.

"....Yeah. I get that a lot.~"

"What's your name weirdo....?"

Holding a hand out he lips moved saying his name...

-End Flashback

~~~~~~~

The sound of a door closing right near Aizawa and broke him out of his trance as he sighed heavily. When he leaned his head back looking up at the ceiling, what he didn't want anyone to see but....a single tear slide down his face. As he frowns in anger....saying he doesn't understand how it's always the good people who die first.....

".....I.....miss your smile....Haruto....it was the one thing.....that made you different...."

Getting himself under control again he quickly wipes his cheek so no one knows how much he misses that man. He readies himself the next day. He just slips both hands in his pocket as he thought to himself.

'Let's see what this daughter of his, has got?'

Now he may not say it out loud, but Mr. Aizawa was looking forward to seeing what this girl has.

~~~~~~~~~~  

Two days BEFORE the acceptance letter came

5:50 a.m.

The city of Japan was slowly painted with fragments of orange as the hair of the sun's rays was starting up. Those who are morning people should be about to start the day for their workday and open the curtains.

You'll see as the buildings had nothing but dark lights in their windows, showing they were closed. And no one was in or clocked in.

Until something was leaping through the air, jumping from building to building. Like they were on a jog! Doing flips, and cartwheels from the edge, to window ledges.

(Basically, you were doing this, YES this is Izuku later on however this will give you better detail of HOW good you are at fighting.~)

With one big leap (Y/n) landed on the top overlooking the view in front of her, she just walked over the very edge as she sat down relaxing. What was she waiting for? Hmm, well it wasn't the same view as she had in the woods. But it's kind of nice to watch as the sun rises and as it stretches its thousands of arms over the buildings and landscape before her.

Feeling the fresh heat of a new day she just relaxed letting the heat burn the sweat she already had built upon her face, and legs. Right on the dot, her iPod was starting up a new song for her to start and wake up to.

(If you don't HAVE this song or even know this song you HAVE BEEN missing out.~)

As the beat was starting up her foot was tapping along in mid-air as she calmly moved her body singing along.

"Ayy, ayy, ayy, ayy (ooh)

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh (ooh)
Ayy, ayy
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh,

Needless to say, I keep her in check...."

As the beat of the drum was playing the city and the lights were coming on. The world was waking up, and starting their workday. Pulling her leg up as she set her arm over it her knee as she just breathes and took in the air as best as she could. Sometimes when she is up here, (Y/n) forgets she even has a 'Quirk'. Up here she feels as if she is just that a person who is just....well lost.

When the song was over if you have seen the music video of this song she mimicked the same Miles did when he leap off of a rooftop doing a flip as he leaped off. Just like him, (Y/n) flip and drop down as she quickly hurried home before anyone could see. Already missing the feeling of just being.....human she wishes she had one more minute....just to know what it's like.

She never really liked or cared about 'Quirks'.....however....in her shoes...Izuku, has something she will NEVER know or experience.....what is that your wondering?

Well.....

'She will never be normal.....nor did she start as normal....'

Staying on the rooftops of the buildings, (Y/n) just leap, flip, or climb on the walls like it was a playground for her. Wondering if this is however Spiderman felt when he went out every day to fight crime or whatever, in her option yeah.~ The world. The city was her playground. The only problem was the people.....

Uhhh.....

Look she is not saying she hates it but.....how can you truly call it a playground for yourself if you HAVE to be worried about holding back?? Well in this case that is what (Y/n) has been doing since coming here.

Holding back.

Making her way up to where her house was in the city, she did glance back just right above where the yard was. In fact, when she landed back in the yard her head gazed back up at a certain area.....

Before coming to the city she had a clear view of the city from a distance.....Fixing herself up (Y/n) felt the morning wind play with her hair as she watched at her old house was just right there......two years away from it and she already misses it.....

Slipping her hands in her pocket she turned off her iPod as opened the sliding glass door as she already dreaded the morning.

~~~~~~~~

~Two days AFTER the acceptance letter came~

Just after Izuku was preparing for the day he is going to start his first real day at the high school of his dreams Izuku's phone Bing that he got a text. Checking to see from whom his eyes popped out that it was from All Might!?

-Meet me at the beach, where me and (Y/n) would meet up with you.~

Izuku excused himself telling his mom he was going out for a bit and he'll be right back, his mom waved him to be safe. His feet raced off to the beach where he cleaned up, already breathless with excitement Izuku saw him staring out into the ocean waves as they made tracks coming up to his feet.

Hearing his breathless All Might turned to wave over here, Izuku came over screaming for all to hear.

"HEY, ALL MIGHT!!!"

A bust of blood spilled out of his mouth telling Izuku to keep his voice down when two a couple maybe were out hearing someone saying All Might's was here. He groaned to Izuku to not blow his cover like that and telling him to say it was a mistake. Correcting himself Izuku joked about it laughing nervously. The couple was upset but disappointed, they both sighed that they were barely found out...

Holding up his hand All Might wanted to congratulate Izuku on passing the exam. Coming in and giving it back Izuku corrected him that Izuku couldn't have gotten in without him. Or even without (Y/n)'s help for that matter. That is when he noticed you weren't there? He scans the beach wondering where was she?

Sensing this All Might teased him a bit saying he looking for his girlfriend?~ Already face painted red with embarrassment and denying it was like that!?

"Hey come on relax kid.~ Just a little joke. But you are LOOKING for her right?~"

His eyes grew surprised, and already playing with the tips of his fingers he just calmly explained.

"W-Well... it's just...I'm used to seeing her....when you, me, and her would meet and help me train...plus....the last time I saw her was when we took the exam-!? Ah, that's right....h-hey...All Might....do you know if she made it in or not?"

He asked with a nervous voice, All Might remembers the last time they spoke, and she asked an odd request from him.

"Hm!? Hold you don't want Young Midoriya to know you passed!? Seriously kid!!? Wanna fill me as to why!?"

Looking down at her hands on the desk she took looked through her brain wanting to say the right words. So there is no confusion. And yes it may have sound selfish.....but....she likes the way things are between the two of them.

"Look....I...I don't know that much about Izuku....but...I like the way things are between us...I know its....selfish of me to want nothing more....but...I'm keeping a few things from him....and I don't want those things to ruin what little I have....so please....please don't let him know. And even if WE both pass....there is no guaranteed that we'll be in the same class. You know?"

While watching her, All Might noticed she was holding a lot in those eyes of hers. And it was so overwhelming that he wanted to ask and poke why? Only.....there is some much he can ask right now plus he has no right to snoop. So he agreed, looking back she made a good point. Even if she did pass, Izuku would have a lot of hopes in thinking they could be in the same class.

What if they're not? What will he do then? He needs to understand he can't keep thinking (Y/n) is going to be there looking out for him. After all, she is the only OTHER person who knows All Might's secret. Folding his arms up he nods, however, he did ask one thing from her.

"....Hey listen. I am not going to ask what your problems are if that's how you feel...that you think until you work whatever it is out that's fine...I won't question anymore...but IF you are in the same class....just....be there when he needs it okay?"

Her eyes focused on him as she nods and smiled she was going to do that anyway, and she didn't need him to tell her that. When did she ask why is he at U.A anyway? He then chuckled as he turns it from Izuku to him. So laughing like a sailor he wanted to see the look on her face when he gloated that HE is the new teacher starting there.~

But he was expecting her to be or better yet show a surprised face or something!? (Y/n) just had that same blank face, wondering why should she care that he is a teacher there? In fact, she asked a little joke saying what he couldn't find anything else to do? He got all defensive asking why isn't taking this seriously after all number one hero AT the very high school you go to? Who wouldn't be excited or surprised?

Bluntly (Y/n) just shrugged her shoulders not really seeing the big deal.

"Na....doesn't even come in my top ten..."

"GAH! You know you can be really rude you know that!?"

Flexing her eyebrow, she just rolled her eyes asking what's he so upset about?

"OH come on The Number Hero is going to the very same school as you!? You could show a little excitement!?"

".....Wait, don't you have anything ELSE going on in your life right now?"

A long dramatic pause filled the moment as his face was pale white as a ghost he tried brushing it off by laughing, when (Y/n) just bluntly asked.

"...Wow...that's just SAD....you know that...."

"OH, right DO YOU have anything going on!? I mean come on!? What kind of person doesn't even know who I am when they first meet!?"

"... It's called 'Enjoying their LIFE' you might wanna try it sometime...."

Making a humous joke about how she must be hiding the excitement she is feeling inside. Holding her head in her palm she just asked if he likes hearing the sound of his voice? He joked saying 'don't deny it's growing on you?'

"Sarcasm is a foreign language to you isn't it?"

".....You really like having the last word don't you?"

"Hm, I don't know.....some people say I'm funny that way...."

~~~~~~~~~~

Just looking back on it All Might be already looking up drained, even more, Izuku asked if he was okay? He just forms a skeleton-looking smile as he hoped he would understand why he is doing this? Keeping so much from him, if he saw the look in her eyes would he still think she is trying to hurt him?

"...No sorry. I don't really know much. But hey, come on kid. Knowing that girl I'm sure she got into something at U.A. Either way, even if she didn't I'm sure she wouldn't want you to worry about her."

Izuku cast his eyes down at the white sand hoping she made it in at least. I think right now he was just hoping you got accepted more than anything right now. Wanting to take his mind off of her for a second All Might explained he didn't tell anyone at U.A. he was training you, in fact, he confessed he wasn't even a judge. So he had no say or pulled any string.

Basically, he told Izuku he got in all by himself.~

I think that was enough to make Izuku's face turn happy as he was glad to hear that his hard work IS paying him off! Izuku then was already in a glow about how excited he is knowing he was going to see him at U.A. When All Might turn looking back out into the ocean when he had to make confusion to him.

"The school didn't wanna tell anyone about me taking the job until they an official announcement."

In fact, All Might confessed that while he was waiting for them to make that announcement THAT was when All Might started finding someone to inherit One for All. The breath was knocked out of Izuku. Cause it means All Might was PLANNING to give his 'Quirk' to a U.A. student...

Someone strong.....

Someone..... WITH a 'Quirk'.....

Opening his palms they trembled, not because HE wasn't the first choice.....but because he felt like what IF All Might HAD to meet the person he wanted or SHOULD have given it to.....would they handle One for All differently? Would they be able to control....better than he did?

In a trembling voice, Izuku spoke as if he understood why All Might would want to give it to someone WITH a 'Quirk' someone from U.A......after all Izuku just happens to meet All Might by chance.

"...Your power....completely rucked my body....and all I did was jump and throw....one punch.....I...can't control it....W-what....do I do??"

With a relaxed face, All Might faced Izuku letting him know he'll learn to manage it in time.

"....Learning how to manage it right away is like asking a baby to run a marathon. You still have to go through the process of learning how to walk."

Knowing at LEAST it wasn't just him Izuku sighed knowing it was a relief to know All Might wasn't expecting so much out of him that was one less thing for him to worry about. But his brain came up asking wait....did he know he was going to get hurt?

He then flinched up screaming with sweating flying off of him!?

"WAIT!?! You KNEW I was gonna get hurt THAT BADLY!!?!?"

I think he was trying to AVOID giving a big explanation, so yes he did.

"....Well....we were in a time crunch....BUT it turned out alright....Plus now you know what you're dealing with.~"

If anyone could come out of this looking positively....oh yeah for sure it is him... Thumbing Izuku that he could have at least warned him of WHAT was to come!? Two cans were right by them as All Might explain that right now Izuku's 'Quirk' is either ALL or NOTHING. Informing him how he has to control the output he does when using it. And saying how one day he will control the number of output he is using.

Izuku's eyes were sparkled with excitement that all he needs is control?

"You're overflowing with energy at the moment. With training, your body will LEARN to hold it better."

Turning into his hero form he was showing him if he learns to control it then it will be HIS to command. Only he forgot the couple WAS still here and once they saw All Might the cheer wanting to talk to him. All Might just quickly told Izuku to make a run for it, wondering why he still did what he was asked and followed right behind him. As they ran along the edge of the sands, All Might just smile seeing Izuku keeping up with him.

'The torch I passed onto you is that of a small flame right now...In the time it will be a kennel until you wield a raging inferno, the power you'll become the more you'll out me. Eventually, I'll retire, and my job will be complete.~'

Telling himself how he has some deep stuff going on in there.~

(Me: *Rolling eyes*)

It was the first day of April when the morning hit around the Izuku area. He was in a hurry to start the day, to go back and see and take in more of U.A. today. There was so much he wanted to see, so much he wanted to know. His mom was right behind him making sure he has everything before he goes.

While he was putting on his signature red boots, his mother asked making sure he didn't JUST pack his action figures? He puffed up his cheeks letting her know he has everything and no he did bring his action figures! Wanting to head out the door his mother called out to him to wait.

I think Izuku was just wanting to arrive on time that he asked his mom what in an annoyed voice. His mom looked down with a small blush, and tears forming in her eyes. She just smiled letting him know before he left.

"....I just wanted you to know I'm really proud of you son...."

Her words were not just that she was proud he got in. I think she was just so proud that he never gave up is what amazed her the most. Izuku blushed so easily when he smiled letting his mom know he'll see her soon. She waved as he opened the doors to head off.~

The acceptance rate was as small as it always had been, 1 and 300 hundred.~ Four people got in base on the letter. And 37 through the regular exam, the class was split into two separate classrooms 20 students each. However, this year was going to be very different. For ONE class was going to have one extra student.

While running through the hallways Izuku was looking around for his class. Which was Class 1-A. Spotting it on the corner edge of the hallway, coming to the front Izuku couldn't believe how big the front door was!? It was so tall Izuku thought giants came to study here. About to set his hand on the nob it did hit him until now.

But....this might be the first year he may not see (Y/n)...

Looking back on it now, Izuku always saw her with her back turned to him. Always with a book or with a sheet of paper on her desk. In fact, she was always the first one before him, he remembers how sometimes he thought he should not say hi or anything. When he quietly set himself down and his bag he would close his eyes to blink and hear that voice of hers.

"Morning Midoriya."

"Huh!?! O-O-Oh.....u-um....S-sorry...g-good morning....."

He always wondered how did she know it was him, every time? Her shoulders shook a bit when she lifts her pencil pointing down at the floor. Pointing out his red shoes. He thought there was something wrong with them but she chuckled a bit.

"Haha....no. Your shoes make a certain sound when your walking. Not an annoying sound. But a sound that lets me know...YOUR coming...That's how I know..."

Looking over her shoulder he always felt his face suddenly heat up. It was those moments at school that Izuku could face the day, even Bakugo. If he knows your here talking to him. So now....as he stood there. He realized he is all alone now.

Those talks that may seem like nothing to an outsider...

Now...Izuku dreads that. Now he was more worried. In fact, ever since meeting All Might Izuku has finally talked to you more. Even at school, they even meet up at lunch. He gave a fist a trembling squeeze.

'If only...I would have talked to her more....'

'If only.....I would have asked her more....'

His bangs covered his eyes as he already fearing and regretting what he failed to do when he had the chance. There is still so much more he wanted to ask her, there is still so much he doesn't know about her. And he wants to. He wants to know more, about you. Your past, the scars you hide, the face that hides so many secrets...

He still doesn't know what the two of you had....but to him....it felt like he was getting to see her. Hearing her voice. Seeing that.....beautiful smile you hide from everyone...

But then a cold sweat came running down his neck, realizing. Oh, wait!? If she isn't in here.....then what if...

Two thought bubbles of Bakugo with fangs and an angry Iida were handing over both sides of his head. Already shivering at how he doesn't know if he can go through that again!? Swallowing and shaking his head back into place. He told himself not just to think, but think positive!~

'This is a new school! A new year. A year no one will call you 'Deku'. A new place where no one knows you or your story! And who knows....maybe everyone in here is nice!~'

Opening the door with a fresh pair of eyes he opened the door to his new classmate. Hoping to start with nothing but greets and smiles.~

"TAKE YOUR FEET OF THE DESK THIS INSTANT!!!"

"Huh?~"

"It's the first day, and you are already disrespecting this academy with school property!?"

"You're kidding me, right?~ Your old school put a stick up your a*s?~"

Just Izuku's luck.....why is it the person we REALLY don't want to see the most ARE stuck with him!?

(How often has THIS happen to you in school?~)

Already Bakugo was making enemies with.....well....everyone Bakugo was having the same cocky behavior he always had. His feet were up on his desk, wearing that ugly smirk of his saying how it no sure guess he'd get in.~

(Seriously.....how BIG is this kid's ego....----_____----)

It seems Iida was the bigger man in this case....well emotionally....speaking. Iida wanted to start over and introduced himself, by not getting on the wrong foot on his first day. But if he knows Bakugo, as well as Izuku, does....he isn't at the school to 'make friends' just build himself up more or less.

Already making threats that Bakugo is going to enjoy ripping him apart, Iida was offended how it's already the first day and he is already wanting to make enemies out of anyone stupid enough to talk to him!?! Chuckling at how Bakugo is already better than Iida, he looked over at the front door seeing Izuku just standing there. Iida followed his eyes, seeing Izuku just standing there.

The whole class turned all at once looking at him, he flinched and with a cute blush nervously said hi. Iida was at least polite enough to greet back at him, walking up he introduced himself out loud but seeing how nervous just having him walk up to him Izuku quickly tried to avoid making him anger like last time.

Iida noticed this, and remembering how he acted the last time, Iida already admitted base on Izuku's action he said he is far more superior to him. A drop of sweat fell behind as Izuku thinks he doesn't understand that was not his intention...

Soon a cheerful voice came up from behind saying how they recognized that messy hairstyle. Izuku jumped turning and seeing that nice girl again. Uraraka, behind him and in a school uniform, was smiling as she commented on the way he handled that robot from the exam. Even saying his punch was amazing, he was avoiding her, mostly it was the first time another different girl was that close to him.

Izuku spoke too loud saying with his eyes covered and beet red that he should thank her for talking about what she did give her points. Mostly he was just glad she was okay, but when Uraraka suddenly asked how he knew about that, Izuku just got more nervous.

While his foot was still upon his desk Bakugo was growing angrier and angrier as he watched Izuku make a total fool of himself, no different than at their old school. He looked back on what happened recently.

Both he and Izuku were called to their homeroom teacher's office, saying that both of them PASS the U.A exam! Of course, their teacher wasn't too surprised with Bakugo, but his attention was more towards Izuku.

"Who would have thought out of all my students, they'd pick you Midoriya!~ I'm so proud of you! It's a miracle!~"

Looking down embarrassed, it just made Bakugo more upset! When they both exited the school Bakugo grab Izuku by the collar slamming him into the walls threatening and wanting to know how the hell did he even pass!? Throwing out how he must have cheated or something, he then used his power of fear on Izuku just like he always does.

"Listen here you loser! I'm supposed to be the FIRST and ONLY student out of this crampy academy to get into U.A. But you had to go and screw all that up!? I WARN you NOT to apply!!"

Bakugo knew all he has to do is yell and use his quirk on him and Izuku will be scared like a child. And that is how he always dominate him. However....he suddenly felt Izuku grabbing his wrist.

'You may have someone's else 'Quirk Izuku....but it's yours. You don't have to be afraid anymore. It's okay. You're not alone...'

(Y/n) sweet honey felt words were echoing in Izuku's head as he finally had the strength to do nothing anymore.

"Kacchan...Someone I looked up to told me....someone whom I knew nothing about told me...That I CAN become a hero. THAT'S WHY I APPLIED!! That's....why I'm going!! LIKE IT OR NOT...YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!!!"

It was the first time Bakugo has seen Izuku mad, no.....it was the first time he was standing up to him!?

And now there he was acting as nothing happened between the two of them, Bakugo just crunched his teeth making a new threat.

'I'm gonna ruin that little Bas*ard!!'

It wasn't long until Bakugo smirked soon after cause now, (Y/n) isn't here to save him. She isn't here to protect him anymore. This means he'll be scared in no time, just how it should have been. While Uraraka was showing how excited she was to start the school day she noticed how Izuku was looking around the classroom.

"....hey is everything okay? Oh you looking for someone?"

"HUH!!? O-Oh.....um....well yes...I thought....someone I knew....would be here too....guess....we're in different classrooms...."

It wasn't long before Bakugo called him out on it.

"Ha! Face it Deku. She failed! It's plain and simple. You really thought a 'Quirk-less' b*tch like her would make it into the BEST school?~ Ha, boy I would have loved to see her face as she wasn't accepted!"

Izuku gripped his backpack not wanting to think like that. No! He is wrong!? Someone like that? Someone that strong.....had to....must have...

The other students were wondering what the heck Bakugo was talking about? And why does he even care someone didn't get in? What no one did know was ONE extra student was coming into the class. And she was walking right down the hallway when she noticed someone was laying on the floor in a yellow.....sleeping bag??

Calmly coming over she didn't even look to see those who were standing in the doorway or even hearing Bakugo's voice. As she leaned over getting a good look at the man poking his head out from the hole where his face was.

".....Um...sir....do you need to go to the nurse's office or something?"

A long pause fell upon the whole class, Bakugo was silent for once. His head slowly turned like a metal gear praying he is just hearing things?! When Izuku gasped a little seeing (Y/n) was leaning over and.....

That's when Iida, Uraraka, and he went sour-faced seeing she was talking to someone who looked back at the three of them. The man who was in the sleeping bag spoke in a drained uncaring voice, in fact, he sounded disappointed?

"If you're here JUST to make friends then you'd as well pack up and leave...."

Iida, Uraraka, and Izuku stood straight up with the hairs on their backs wondering who the heck is this guy!? And why is he laying down in the hallway?! Picking himself up he was already elevating on everyone.

"It took YOU guys 8 seconds to stupid up, and only one person noticed my presence...That's not gonna work. If you kids can't see how precious time is you guys might as well get out now...Mrs. Akashi. Nice job."

Forming a confused face she didn't understand what he was getting at, she even spoke out loud.

"....Nice job.....for caring?"

Looking back, his voice seems to have a bit of mischief to it when addressing her.

"....You could say that. Hi my name is Mr. Aizawa. Shota Aizawa, Your teacher."

Dressed in all black from head to toe, the class looked and lift an eyebrow THIS is their teacher?? He looks like he dug himself out of a grave yard shift!? He had the same bed hair he had on the day of the exam. His neck was wrapped around with what looked like a scarf his mother made or he did himself. He had a small thing of facial hair grow under his nose. He looked like he hasn't been in the sun....for....well....ever.  

The best thing someone might say is....he's a vampire!? All he is missing is the accent and the fangs, well that and the long fingernails.

Not caring about the classes' reaction to what he looks like he explained that this year, U.A. is having something different. This year they are having just one extra student in the top classes to train those who show promise.

"This year class 1-A will have an extra student. So, Miss Akashi is the one who will be the extra this year. Just so there is no confusion."

Izuku's eyes sparkled that he is in the same class with her again!? He felt his chest jumping for joy! He sighed in relief almost losing the strength in his legs to stand. When he noticed (Y/n) feet?? He noticed she was wearing different shoes?! Sensing his gaze on her feet, (Y/n) leans to one side asking if something is wrong? Quick to apologize he didn't mean to stare he just stated....that he's never seen her wearing anything other than her black boots.

Looking down she lifts her foot, thinking what's the big deal about it. When she flicked his forehead playfully Izuku blinked surprised!? When she made a small smile, eying him.

"....Nice to see you again Usagi.~"

He blushed red wondering if that is how she sees him!?

(For those of you who may or may NOT know 'Usagi' A.K.A Sailor Moon character her name means 'Bunny' in Japanese.~ And for some cute funny reason Izuku makes me think of that.~)

Uraraka peeked over when she used her hands mimicking that of a bunny's ear.~ When she looked from behind, watching as Izuku's face blushed and sweat was raining from the sides her eyes sparkled at how she has never noticed that, but 100% agreeing with (Y/n) comment.~

"Oh my gosh!~ Yeah he has that cute bunny face going for him.~ Aw so cute!~"

Already blushing even more a few other students came over and even agreed how yeah he does! They weren't really making fun of him they just thought how he has never noticed that! When Izuku was ordering why she is telling him he looks like a bunny, he then noticed her uniform.

(Uhhh looking at it on my laptop and I already see so many things that are wrong....don't worry you can make fun of it later...But anyway this is what you look like wearing the U.A. uniform.)

In fact, he never noticed her body, much before. In fact, just having her look at you with her face was enough for him to be happy. Now that he hasn't seen her for what felt like so long she was now coming to full view. And Izuku had to say she wasn't called the 'Ice Beauty Queen' for nothing!?

Bring it back to Aizawa, he pulled something out of his sleeping bag which was a new thing of a gym-like uniform. And telling everyone to put these on and meet him outside. Everyone had nothing but confusion on their faces. (Y/n) was the only one who seems to just know what is coming...

'Uh....great....a 'Quirk Apprehension Test' Great.....knowing Bakugo he's going to make this into a contest about who's better....'

Already (Y/n) was sick to her stomach how it's just like old-time....~

While everyone was dressing up and heading outside All Might was looking over the teacher's Directory, and looking it over he sees that U.A. doesn't always follow the standard rules that you would find at any other school. In fact, if you get the wrong homeroom teacher.....and life is HELL. That's what All Might felt.

And looking over the classes he spotted the class Izuku was in. And already sweat was forming.

(This is what YOU look like wearing the P.E. uniform. Your hair is tied up in a ponytail.)

When everyone in Class 1-A meets up outside sure enough (Y/n) was already listening as everyone said in link Mr. Aizawa was giving them a 'Quirk Apprehension Test'. Uraraka pointed out how they were going to miss the orientation for the new school year. Already tired of these concerns and questions Aizawa turned serious.

"If you wanna make it into the big league you can't waste precious time on pointless ceremony...Here at U.A., we are not tethered to tradition. That means 'I' get to run my class HOW I SEE FIT."

Aizawa was giving off this air of reality to the students, yes it was a cold thing to do but....when has LIFE ever been fair to anyone? However, he is hitting all the right marks...

"....You've all been taken the standards test most of your lives....but you never got you to use your 'Quirks' in physical. The country is still trying to pretend 'We're All Created Equally' but not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational...one day the Mister of Education will learn."

Listening to what Aizawa said, (Y/n) felt like she has heard this speech before....by her uncle. When Mr. Aizawa called out on Bakugo, saying how he got the highest score during the exam.

(Hint, hint folks (Y/n) doesn't know if she got the highest score. So she is clueless on the scoreboard.)

So asking him what was the farthest distance he has to throw with a softball in Jr. high? Thinking about it Bakugo's answer was 67 meters, the last time he remembered. So, today Mr. Aizawa asked him to do it again, but this time using his 'Quirk'. Heading over into the circle Aizawa told him if anything goes, he informed him to stay in that circle.

So everyone watched as Mr. Aizawa pointed out how Bakugo better hurries up, saying how he is wasting precious time. Stretching and just inching to show off and prove how better he is, Bakugo was thinking of how to make their jaws drop. Wanting to add a little heat, Bakugo screamed like always at the top of his lungs for everyone to hear. 

"DIE!!!!!"

Of course, Izuku was impressed but thinking the same thing (Y/n) was, which is 'Why does he ALWAYS have to say that....'

But mostly (Y/n) with her hands in her pocket just watched as he eyed her wearing that disgusting smirk she never liked seeing him wear, saying for her to go home. You won't make it past me.~ Her eyes rolled around wondering he must have had a field day with his parents growing up. Watching the ball from Bakugo's throw as Mr. Aizawa explains the point of this was to test the full potential to be a pro hero. 

Showing everyone Bakugo's score, it was 705.3 meters, it wasn't long before the students were pumped up! Not because they are using their Quirks but they are using it as much as they want. When someone's voice perks Mr. Aizawa's ear.

Saying how this is gonna be fun!~

A sly fox smile formed on his face, thinking it was a 'game' for them.....All he kept thinking was these kids DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! 

"....So you think this is GONNA BE FUN?~ Idiots.~ This isn't a GAME. In fact, this is to show ME WHY you are here. So the person with the lowest score is not only deemed hopeless. But they WILL immediately EXPELLED."

That....threat was all it took to spook the whole class. 

Well....everyone expects (Y/n)......why, well cause she has heard this story before. In fact members of her own family explained to her the hardships life will throw at her. Yes, it's unfair. But again when has LIFE ever been fair to someone? (Y/n)'s eyes noticed Izuku as he was trembling....and in this case (Y/n) doesn't really know what to do? In fact, she rarely talks to people much. In fact, Izuku and All Might were the only two people outside her family she has talked to the most. 

In fact, she was wondering if it has something to do with his Quirk? She never got to ask All Might or had the chance to ask Izuku what happened with his exam. But she felt it was none of her business so she kept her mouth quiet. Uraraka's voice made (Y/n) pay attention to her as she asked how Mr. Aizawa is being completely unfair? Even saying he can't expel them on the first day, after all, they just got here?!

(Y/n) knows how Uraraka feels....however, she spoke in a tone loud enough for everyone who was closest to her. 

"....When has life ever been fair? Natural disasters happen every day, you all can call it what you want but it's a person's job to overcome that unfairness. If you all wanna be heroes or whatever you have to accept what comes your way both good and bad. And be ready...."

Mr. Aizawa blinked once and just blankly asked if she wanted to come up here and the teacher, (Y/n) just shrugged her shoulders saying she has heard this speech before and yes she has said the same things Uraraka said. But she has already learned and accepted what comes her way. When she looked up at Mr. Aizawa. 

"....However....I'm a faster learner. Beside....I felt worst."

A teen boy with red locks was standing up, saying how she makes it sound like she can't mean that, saying death is the only thing that is at the top. Looking over her shoulder a gust of wind blows over. Her locks showing one eye as she looked back at him with cold, haunting eyes.

"Trust me. There are things SO MUCH worst than death....you just haven't seen it yet."

While listening in Aizawa seem to have his eyes open just a tap, as he was taking in her words. If anything here is someone who seems like she has seen it all...And she is only 15....it isn't until dark thoughts cloud his mind as he asked himself.

'A 15-year-old girl shouldn't think like this. A 15-year-old girl shouldn't have eyes like that...A 15-year-old shouldn't KNOW or even HAVE that near 'death' experience yet she is a pro! What horrible....dark....clouds....run through her mind right now? What have you been through to make you have those eyes?? The eyes of a wounded warrior.....?'

Izuku and the others who didn't even know her were pondering the same thing. How can you know so much when you are the same age as we are?? It wasn't until Izuku wondered how much are you holding inside, that you can stand so tall? So unafraid? So.....broken? 

Izuku shook his head snapping out of it telling himself he shouldn't think about that right now! How is he going to use his Quirk without breaking his body!? Scars of the past came pouring back down on him, how he broke his arm and both legs. Already fearing the worst it isn't until right at this moment All Might be sitting in his chair looking over the book seeing where Izuku was. 

And already fearing the same things as Izuku All Might spoke in a fearful voice and slapping the side of his face. How is it of all the teachers in U.A. Izuku is stuck with the most hard-core of them all? Mr. Aizawa!?

'Midoriya is gonna be singled out by the start!?'

Izuku looked up sensing this purple smog between the two, he also noticed how Aizawa had that evil mad scientist look. Known how he knows by now how Izuku's Quirk works. There were eight tests they had to do, using their Quirks Mr. Aizawa will score and see how passes and who gets to stay. Everyone's game face was on, all but Izuku. Who was fearing over what can you do when you can only go from 0 to 100 on a test!?

Lifting a finger Aizawa made that same smirk, Bakugo would wear but as a teacher. 

"Show me it's NOT a mistake YOUR all here.~"

And so the game to see who stays begins.....

-Test 1: 50-meter dash

The first two runners were Iida and a girl with swamp-like green hair tied low looking like a bow. 

Iida Tenya Quirk: Engine Simply put Iida's body is allowed to move at extraordinary speed.

Iida came in first under 3.04 seconds, with the girl who was mincing the actions of a frog as she hopped in 5.58 seconds her named was Tsuyu Asui. Next up Uraraka and a tall teen with blonde hair pulled back. He looked like he had a warrior's spirit in him his name was Mashirao Ojiro. Uraraka used her Quirk to lighten up her weight and feet before the start. 

The boy came in 5.49 seconds and Uraraka who looked on the positive side of the outcome got 7.15 seconds. Next up, the French boy with an accent Yuga Aoyama and a girl whose skin was an almost inhuman pink? It made (Y/n) think of acid or something like that. Well her name was Mina Ashido. Already thinking he will 'out shine' Mina, Yuga used his navel quirk however not even halfway there and he fell on his back. Mina came in higher than his score which was 5.51 seconds. He tried walking it off, but the class just rolled their eyes. Knowing he's the drama queen around here.

When it was Bakugo and Izuku's turn, (now remember cause the class has an odd number (Y/n) is going to be pair up with these two A LOT.~) (Y/n) was right there in the middle between Bakugo and Izuku. It made Izuku's nerves a little better. Just don't expect Bakugo to keep a quiet mouth. He was already mumbling he'll see her at the finish line. Not even looking at him she mumbled to him.

"....If ONLY your feet WERE as fast as your mouth."

Already having that old Jr. high vibe going on (Y/n) just focused on running. When the horn went off, Aizawa watched as Bakugo of course was using his quirk to blow him past Izuku at least. (Y/n) was right on his tail, when he came in just a second faster than her he was already grinning in victory. He thought she would make a face but of course, her back was turned as she was looking at Izuku who looked worn out. 

'Tsk, Pathetic.~'

Bakugo's hateful red eyes as he saw how Izuku was already tired out. 

Bakugo had 4.13 seconds, (Y/n) had 4.14, Izuku's was 7.02...Izuku was already fearing it only being the first test!? 

(TRUST me when you find out your quirk is later on this will ALL Make sense of how you do this.~ I promise!)

The talk Izuku and All Might had the day BEFORE school started All Might explains to him how for him to gain control of One for All isn't just ONLY about control. In fact, remembering how he has sparkles going in his zombie-like eyes how he has to in his words.....'FEEL IT'......

Wanting a little more than that to go on, he asked Izuku when he first used it in the exam, he asked Izuku what did it feel like for him? Making faces and sounds of what he felt when the last one he said was like a boiled egg in a microwave. The laughter of blood shoots out of All Might's mouth pointing out how that was not the answer he was expecting but.....if it ain't broke...~

So using THAT image, and putting it in Izuku's head telling him when to increase the heat or the timing. But the most important advice All Might gave Izuku was consternation. The more he focuses the quicker he'll learn. But mostly telling Izuku master One for All isn't gonna happen overnight. Just a ray of hope came onto Izuku saying how he'll master it one day. Just not right now. 

'Keep Trying.'

-Test 2: Grip strength

Izuku was up first he kept imagining the egg from blowing up, as he did everything he could to pass the grip test. His score was 56.0 A cheering voice rose to make the classmates look up how someone had 540.0 kg.!? This is not going as well as he planned if anything it was like he was getting left behind again. 

-Test 3: Standing long jump

The two who made it past the sandbox Yuga and Bakugo, Izuku landed in it. Bakugo and Yuga looked back seeing him landing on his back inside the box, already Bakugo wore that winner's looking smirk that he has nothing to worry about. Until someone screamed and pointing everyone to look up!! It even made Izuku look up as a shadow leap right over him, and passing him!? Landing and sliding across the line (Y/n) just made a dust trail not too far away from Bakugo as he was forgetting one person. 

You

This is why Bakugo is so p*used when it comes to you, you make EVERYTHING you do look so easy. That is what he hates, this was only making Izuku feel like he was even getting further and further away from her.....

-Test 4: Repeated side step

Students move between three lines by side-stepping from one another. A boy, the shortest one in the class was using his quirk 'Bounce' named Minoru Mineta. 

-Test 5: Ball Throw

When it was Uraraka's turn she smiled using her quirk to throw the ball up....into space....everyone was only impressed. It seems Izuku was the only one who was feeling sick to his stomach....in fact, there are only two tests left!? He needs to come up with some kind of game plan!? Or something!? Or he is out!! In fact, as it was Izuku's turn all he has left is this.

The ball throw......

As the class watched, Izuku felt like he was all alone...

Iida worried for Izuku spoke out loud that if he doesn't do something he will go home, however, leave it to Bakugo to never understanding MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Already calling Izuku out of course he's gonna go home. Even pointing out how he is nothing but a Quirk-less loser. Of course, Iida was quick to defend him. 

It seems if anything Mr. Aizawa was paying EVER close attention to Izuku. It wasn't to see his quirk, it was more WHAT is the choice he will make? While watching you can hear Iida telling Bakugo if he even heard how he used it in the exam, of course he was quick to laugh at that. Everything from this morning, to meeting All Might, everything was flashing slowly in his eyes. 

Izuku held his breath as he was not going to let those who got him this far down, his arm was turning red about to throw when suddenly-

"36 meters"

Izuku's face went stone cold....how is that possible....looking at his hands he said he tried using it. When Aizawa came in his scarf unwrapping itself and his hair standing up. As he gave Izuku the coldest dose of reality.

"I erased your quirk....the judges for THIS exam were NOT rational enough...Someone like YOU should have never been accepted into this school...."

Confused and wondering how he did that, Izuku then noticed something he didn't see the cause of that scarf he had on....underneath he had the same color of his sleeping bag, but around his neck were a pair of goggles...

"Wait....ah! I know you-!? You can look at someone and cancel out someone's powers....your....' Easer-Head'!?"

While the class was talking over who and how Izuku knows that, that they didn't notice how All Might be looking behind the corner.....her gaze spotted his antenna bangs that (Y/n) just shook her head. You'd think a guy who doesn't WANT anyone seeing him at least fix those things.....he's a dead giveaway...

"You not ready! You don't have control over your power. Were you planning to break your bones again? Counting on someone else to save your useless body?"

Quick to explain Izuku tried standing up for himself, but he was coiled by Aizawa's scarf saying he doesn't want to hear his excuses. So pulling him in getting a closer look at his eyes. Bring him up real close to his face.

"No matter WHAT your intentions are you would be nothing more than a 'Liability' in battle. You have the same reckless passion as another overzealous hero I know. One who has saved thousands of lives and became a legend. But even with that drive...You're worthless if you can ONLY THROW A SINGLE PUNCH before breaking down. Sorry, Midoriya....but there's no WAY with YOUR power you can become a hero."

Izuku's eyes trembled.....

Aizawa unwraps his grip on him and states he returned his power and walked off telling him to take his pathetic throw. All Might so badly want to help....like the protective nature of a student and master relationship. Aizawa felt that was enough to give him a dose of reality when something flew back at Izuku making him jump at look forward!? 

His eyes opened wide when he saw (Y/n) who had thrown him the ball back. Something about those eyes of hers made him stop and look. Gazing into the depths of the dark and light in those orbs and what made them shine so brightly despite the dark rings around them. 

"....Izuku.... you're smart. Look for a new angle."

It was like the world paused when she said that, and for a moment he thought he saw a familiar feeling when gazing into them. Like.....a friendly stranger.....from his past...

Not looking away she then blinked and calmly walked back looking back at him hoping that would be enough. It wasn't long until Izuku remembered what (Y/n) told him the day he was training while cleaning the beach.

'Work SMARTER. Not harder.'

Showing his teeth, Izuku when for it and tried again, as he made his pitch. In slow motion, Izuku did state one thing to be true from Mr. Aizawa. If he can't control his quirk there is no way he'll ever be a hero!

As in slow motion within that one moment as the wind was picking up from behind him, as Izuku was about to throw the ball Mr. Aizawa's mouth opened.....

While watching, (Y/n) had a small smile as Izuku got her point. Anyone can work harder at U.A. but he also has to be smarter in moments like this. So using that big brain of his Izuku used just the tip of his index finger to use One for All!!

'It's not enough for me to JUST WORK hard!!! I have to find new angles...TO USE THIS QUIRK HE HAS GIVEN ME!!!'

~~~~~~~~~

'....Yes. That's it.....don't focus on tomorrow or today.....focus....on what you CAN DO RIGHT NOW.~'

~~~~~~~~~

Izuku's scream echoed throw out the outside walls of U.A. and a blast of wind came from behind and seem to help his spirit soar for the future. As if it was a promise. Everyone either had their mouths drop or their eyes wide and wake now. 

Izuku bit through the pain in his index finger, as he watched as his ball score was 705.3!! One meter higher than Bakugo's!? As Mr. Aizawa looked at the meter, he did have his eyebrows raised.

"....Mr. Aizawa....You see....I'm STILL STANDING."

As if a ghost from his past came back to look him in the eye which made an old smile return to his face. 

~~~~~~

"What are doing idiot-!? Get out of here!?" 

Watching as someone got punched two times he saw those long orange locks were thrown backward as he then saw him get back on his feet and throwing himself twisting the villain's neck making him unable to hold his grip on Aizawa. He was then on the ground as the same man did a kick in the same area as he was unable to take it again in the same spot!

Aizawa then gazed up stunned as the man looked over his shoulder with his ponytail loose. AS he looked over his shoulder.

"....See Aizawa....I'm STILL standing aren't I?~"

Wearing a smile through it all his lost hair was like a burning flame rising from behind.....

~~~~~~~~

Aizawa just felt the very same goosebumps he felt now in this boy...

'This kid.....'

All Might sighed in relief that he was worried, but knowing that Izuku is understanding he doesn't have to use everything at 100% yet. And looking back on how Izuku used One For All at the last possible moment. All Might was just watching in amazing wondering how did he get so cool?~

Just looking below a pure white dove overlooked the whole thing as a trail of fallen cherry blossoms nearby came and made a trail as it flew up in the air circling back around.

~~~~~~~~

'......That's right.....don't just tell them WHY your here. Show THEM. Make them SEE. Show them what the Underdog has been dreaming.~'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 2.2K 10
Izuku was a strange child, when he was a kid he found out he had a quirk but the doctors had no idea what it was or how it worked. Because of this he...
1.2K 0 32
I do not own My hero academia or any of the other properties such as photos, videos or music I may use. 80% of the world has a quirk. Quirks range fr...
903 22 9
In a society with 80% of people possess a superhuman ability called a quirk. However, there are the 20% who don't possess a superhuman ability. To th...
26.7K 279 13
In a society of super heroes we're 80% of the population with quirks while the 20% who don't inherit a quirk in this story we follow the tale of Izuk...