Our Canvas

By OurCanvasOfficial

Takumi Seifude has been considered Vermillia's biggest upcoming art prodigy all of his youth. That is, until... More

Chapter 0 - Meet the Characters!
Chapter 1 - A Missing Piece
Chapter 2 - Who Are You?
Chapter 3 - Unbreakable
Chapter 4 - Intertwined
Chapter 5 - My Story
Chapter 6 - Duality
Chapter 8 - An Artist's Gambit
Chapter 8.5 - Joey Knight
Chapter 9 - Let the House Games Begin
Chapter 10 - Friendly Competition
Chapter 11 - Sweet Victory
Chapter 12 - A Misunderstanding... or Two
Chapter 12.5 - Danny Marshall
Chapter 13 - Bad Timing
Chapter 14 - Takumi's Marvel
Chapter 15 - Homecoming
Chapter 15.5 - Ella Hamilton

Chapter 7 - With Heart

22 2 0
By OurCanvasOfficial

[Art Studio, 7:15 P.M. Thursday]

*Takumi now stands face to face with the three members of Michi's art studio.*

Takumi: She said she isn't going, so back up!

Gale: Really Michi, you really want to stay here with this loser?

Takumi: Who are you calling a loser?! Who even are you in the first place?

Gale: Gale Silva, maybe you've heard of me? I'm sort of a big deal in this school, in fact, I'm sort of a big deal on this island.

Takumi: *Thinking to himself* Gale Silva! The winner of last year's Vermillia Art Competition, and San Melodia's representative at the National Academic Art Awards?!

Takumi: I don't give a damn who you are, you don't get to decide what Michi does or wants!

Michi: Takumi please!

Takumi: Huh?

Michi: *Grabs Takumi's arm and gently moves him to the side* It's not about abandoning you guys, it's more about me and doing what's right for my success.

Gale: You really think working with this person is gonna benefit you whatsoever?

Michi: It already has. You'll see. Just wait for the upcoming annual San Melodia Art Exhibition! I hope you come prepared.

Gale: Yeah, okay whatever you say. I doubt you'll even make it in, let alone this loser. C'mon, I've had enough of this.

Emilia: *Letting out a sigh* Told you talking to her was pointless.

Monta: *Looking at Takumi* What a waste.

*The three leave.*

Michi: *Relieved sigh* Thanks Takumi.

Takumi: No problem, sorry your studio is a bunch of assholes.

Michi: No, I'm the one who should be apologizing, they came looking for me and you got involved. It's my fault you got insulted.

Takumi: Don't worry, I'm used to it.

Michi: Well you shouldn't be... after all I think you're better than all of them.

Takumi: *Flustered* Oh uh... Thanks, and what did you mean by the Art Exhibition? I haven't competed professionally in a while!

Michi: Sorry! looks like I didn't leave you with a choice. we should both contact the school's Art Board and have them handle this for us.

Takumi: You really think our paintings are good enough for it? I haven't made it onto the competitive scene since high school.

Michi: I know they're good enough for it. *Takes her phone out and makes a phone call* Hi, this is Michi Nagisa... yes I have a request.

[GCU Library, 2:32 P.M., Saturday]

*Somewhere tucked away in a corner at the GCU library, Takumi and Michi meet up to work on a Humanities assignment. Takumi opens up a Tiers tab on his laptop while drinking from a soda can and is instantly bombarded by notifications and comments on his and Michi's latest artwork.*

Takumi: *Spits out drink* HOLY SHI-

Michi and a Library Attendant: SSSHHHHHHH!

Takumi: *Quickly covering his mouth* Sorry!

Michi: What?

Takumi: Tiers! Look! We're rising like crazy!

Michi: Oh, I told you I don't care about that stuff.

Takumi: But still! It doesn't hurt to see what people think of your work, right? Like constructive criticism.

Michi: Fine, what are people saying?

Takumi: *Scrolling through comments* Uh... This guy said "They each put out great work recently, and somehow this topped everything. Outstanding!"

Michi: That's nice. What else?

Takumi: "Looks like Seifude is back in prime shape. I wonder what got into him!" *In head* Yeah, me and you both.

Michi: Find one about me!

Takumi: "I don't know what's more beautiful, the art or the artist! I love you Ms. Nagisa!

Michi: What? *Blushing* Who wrote that!

Takumi: Let's see, hm? *Gets a bit closer to the screen and reads slowly* "ItsYaBoiJoeyDrip" *In his head* Oh god damn it what the hell Joey. *Out loud* Uh, just some fan girls!

Michi: Wow, how sweet!

Takumi: *In his head* Yep. *Out loud and scrolling through more comments* Looks like everyone is really liking this collab. Who woulda thou- *Phone buzzes on table*

Michi: *Looking at Takumi's phone* Are you gonna answer that?

Takumi: Y-Yeah *Grabs phone and walks outside to an open area, Michi follows closely behind* Hello?

*A man's voice comes through the receiving end of Takumi's phone.*

Mr. Rubino: Takumi! How are you doing, son.

Takumi: *Thinking* That voice... It's familiar. *Out loud* Sorry, who is this?

Mr. Rubino: Who is this? Haha early stage dementia, Takumi!

Takumi: *Looking at his phone* What?!

Mr. Rubino: Sorry I thought you'd recognize me. It's me, Raffa!

Takumi: Mr. Rubino! I'm so sorry! Uh, I'm alright. How can I help you?

Mr. Rubino: You've helped us plenty! Congratulations. We took your and your partner's paintings, and they've been accepted. We finally have something presentable for the Art Exhibition next month. It's good to see you back, Taku.

Takumi: *Face slowly lights up* Really!? Thank you, Mr. Rubino! I- I didn't know you were on the Art Directory. When did this happen?

Mr. Rubino: Eh? Over last Summer. I guess since you haven't had any breakthrough success I never had to come up. But look at us now. It's a good change, right?

Takumi: Right!

Mr. Rubino: It was good catching up son, again, congratulations. I'll see you in a month, come prepared.

Takumi: *In his head* Prepared, huh...*Out loud* Yes sir! Thank you very much!

*Takumi hangs up the phone and heads back into the library with Michi*

Michi: Rubino? Art Directory? Yes sir?

Takumi: My old mentor, he's on the directory! And we got in! *In his head* am I supposed to be happy about this? It's been so long *Out loud* We're gonna be on the big stage in a month!

Michi: Yes! I'm so excited. Raffa Rubino? That man is a legend! Finally, I'll be reaching out to people. Not through some dumb app, but live in action!

Takumi: Now's our chance!

*The library attendant glares at the two as they celebrate at the entrance.*

[Multiple Locations, Multiple Times, Multiple Days Spanning the Course of a Month]

*Takumi, Michi, Kirumi, Sim, and Marcus all have fun together in their humanities class as they group up with one another time and time again. In Takumi's, Joey's, and Danny's English class the trio goofs off a majority of the time. Ella and Kirumi spent most of their time with Michi bickering back and forth with one another. As the Art Exhibition draws near, Michi's art studio members begin practicing more and more. As the days pass Takumi and Michi would find themselves in the studio more often, anticipating the Exhibition.

[Takumi's Dorm, 6:00 P.M., Thursday]

Joey: So it's Saturday, huh?

Takumi: Yeah, that reminds me...

Joey and Danny: *Looking at each other and then back to Takumi* Hmmm?

Takumi: I got you guys VIP passes to go to the convention center at San Melodia this Saturday for the Art Exhibition.

Joey: I knew you couldn't go without your two best supporters.

Takumi: So are you guys gonna go?

Danny: Depends if my band is doing anything that day.

Takumi: There's gonna be free food.

Joey: *Grabbing Danny tightly* Oh yeah we'll be there!

[Michi's Dorm, 6:45 P.M, Thursday]

*The three girls are mid-conversation laughing it up*

Ella: Exactly Kirumi, you just don't have the charm I do.

Kirumi: If that's what you want to call it.

Michi: *Slowly stops laughing* So do you guys wanna come Saturday with me?

Kirumi: I don't know, formal events aren't really my thing.

Ella: Oh please Kiru, you can borrow one of my dresses!

Kirumi: I think I'll be fine on my own. Also, don't ever call me that again.

Ella: So you'll go then? I don't know about her, Michi, but I'll be there!

Kirumi: As much as I hate it, I'll come support you.

Michi: *Grabbing both of them for a hug* Thank you so much! I just have a couple of other VIP passes left, I don't know what to do with them though.

Ella: Oh, can I invite a few friends then?

Michi: I don't see why not.

[San Melodia Convention Center, 6:45 P.M., Saturday]

*A large group consisting of Takumi, Joey, Danny, Christian, Danielle, Zoey, Marcus, and Sim begin making their way to the front of the convention center. Spotlights fill the sky as it slowly gets darker.*

Joey: Man, I hate dressing up like this. *Pulling on his collar*

*Marcus and Sim struggle to walk in their suits while Takumi and Danny seem completely unbothered.*

Danny: I think we look great, it's nice to clean up every once in a while.

Zoey: I never thought that popular guys actually hung out with one another!

Takumi: What do you mean by that?

Marcus: I know what you mean. To think that Takumi, Takumi Seifude, the heavily featured artist, Joey "Drip" Knight, a five star recruit out of high school and division leader in receiving yards last season, and finally Danny Marshall, the lead guitarist on Yumeno Drive would all be best friends let alone know each other.

Sim: Holy exposition! How do you know all this?

Marcus: I have my sources.

Danny: When you word it like that, I guess we should be subjectively popular.

Joey: I don't know about you, but I'm pretty great.

Christian: Well either way, at least it hasn't gotten to your heads, minus Joey.

Danielle: I don't think so, maybe it's just destiny.

Joey: Couldn't have said it better myself.

Danny: You know you're not smart enough to word anything like that.

*Everyone shares a laugh*

Sim: Man, this event is gonna be huge! I can't wait.

Takumi: Don't remind me...

Joey: This reminds me of when I first got recruited. So many people came to check me out! *Begins posing and flexing his muscles*

Zoey: Oh! Thinking about it you would be such a good subject for an art project!

Joey: I'll be your subject anytime. *Finger guns gestures at her*

Danielle: *Walks in front of Zoey and glares at Joey* I don't think so. *Whispers into Zoey's ear* He's dangerous.

*The group finally arrives at the convention center and walk down the red carpet, to enter into the lobby. Everyone's posing and acting pretty while they walk down*

Takumi: *Remembering coming here as a young competitor* Wow, this place is still as intimidating as ever.

Danny: Oh yeah that's right, this isn't the first time you've been here.

Takumi: Yup, it sure has changed though.

Joey: Still can't believe there are this many people here *Looking around* that's Vermillia and it's art for ya.

Christian: *Holding and looking at a pamphlet* So should we go look around or something? There are some art pieces I wanna look at.

Danielle: I didn't think they'd have so many celebrities here too.

Zoey: Just goes to show how famous our Taku is to be one of the main focuses tonight!

Sim: Alright, let's get down to it.

Takumi: I'd love to but I can't. I have to wait for Michi to arrive since we have to do some sort of conference.

Zoey: We'll wait!

*Michi, Kirumi, Ella, and two other girls finally arrive in fashion, they seem glowing to all the guys there.*

Michi: Hey! *Quickly walks up to the group, specifically to Takumi* Did you wait long, Takumi?!

Marcus: *To himself with a blank expression, holding his hand out* Ah, she ignored me.

Zoey: Hey Michi! *Getting in her face*

*The rest of the girls finally catch up to Michi and join in on the fun.*

Michi: Oh hey, Zoey! *Leaning to Zoey's side to speak to Takumi* Hey Takumi, I see you didn't put your dog on a leash again.

Kirumi: *Leaning in to whisper to Ella* I haven't seen this side of Michi before.

Ella: Looks like she has some competition.

*Both Kirumi and Ella snicker to themselves. Kirumi snaps a photo of the two arguing, which in turn breaks them up.*

Michi: *Clears throat* Sorry Takumi, looks like I'm the one who made you wait long this time. *Laughs*

Ella: You should've seen her, she was still picking an outfit out when we got to her do-. *Notices Danny* O-M-G! *Runs up to Danny and takes his hand*

Danny: *Becomes beet red* UH-WHA-UH-HI!

Ella: I can't believe it! You're Danny Marshall! Is the rest of the band here with you? *Looks around whipping her neck left and right*

Danny: Uh... no, it's just me!

Joey: Wow I've never seen Danny act so flustered before. Not smooth, my guy.

Michi: Hey Kirumi could you hold on to this for me? *Handing Kirumi something*

Joey: *Notices who Michi is talking to, instantly sprints up to Kirumi* Oh Hey Kirumi, it's been a while!

Kirumi: Oh... hey Joey. *In head* it was inevitable wasn't it.

Michi: *Remembering that Joey knew Kirumi, slowly walks backward and bumps into Takumi* Oh sorry!

Takumi: Ah it's fine. *Looking away and blushing*

Joey: *Laughs nervously, in his head* Oh man I was not prepared to see her tonight. Damn it Taku, why didn't you tell me she was coming! *Out loud* So uh hey Kirumi it's been a while hasn't it?

Kirumi: You just said that. But yeah, One and a half years to be exact.

Joey: I want to apologize again for prom! It really was all a misunderstanding with your cousin!

Kirumi: Yeah, you're right, my bad for thinking otherwise, just forget about it, water under the bridge.

Joey: Yeah... water under the bridge... No hard feelings though? *Rubbing the back of his head* I'd love to restart.

Kirumi: I'll think about it. *In her head* No I won't.

Marcus: *Joining up with the art group now* Remember when I explained how famous these guys were?

Christian: I didn't think they could be this dysfunctional as a group.

Zoey: *Looking at Michi and Takumi* Hold on guys, I have something to umm... handle, yeah that's the right term.

*Zoey starts walking towards Takumi and Mich, but Danielle stops her. In their awkwardness Marcus and Sim notice the two other people that showed up with Michi and notice that they don't really fit in and introduce themselves to escape the havoc that is currently going on.*

Marcus: Hey I'm Marcus.

Ana: Oh, that's cool, I'm Ana I guess. *Taking her phone out, the panel shows Blapper, a famous social media site where people speak their thoughts, she Blaps "So what do I do when a guy approaches me lol?"*

*Marcus puts his head down in defeat. The other girl introduces herself to Sim as Kendall and the two begin chatting*

Michi: *Putting her phone back in her bag* It's getting late Takumi, we should get ready.

Takumi: You're right, let's get going. *To everyone scattered all over the place* Hey-

Danny: Please, let go of me!

Ella: Oh come on, one photo won't hurt!

Kirumi: I don't think that's going to happen.

Joey: You're right, my bad! *Scratching head* Let's just enjoy the art?

Danielle and Christian: *Holding Zoey back with all their strength* No Zoey, you're not going to interrupt them again!

*Marcus is still looking down in defeat, while Sim and Kendall are still talking.*

Michi: I think it'd be better if we just left, they all seem uhh... pretty busy...

Takumi: I'll just text em' saying we went on ahead.

*Michi and Takumi walk away, leaving the unfolding chaos behind them.*

[San Melodia Convention Center Conference Hall, 7:00 P.M., Saturday]

*Michi and Takumi are walking down a hallway following someone in a suit.*

Employee: Man who'da thought, two youngins like yourselves being the focus for tonight. Ahhhhhhh, the youth!

Michi and Takumi: *Laughs* Suuure.

Takumi: Man it's really been fun!

Michi: I can't believe what we've done led us to one of the biggest art events of the year.

Takumi: Remember, we still gotta participate in the GCU Art Exhibition as well this year.

Michi: Of course, and I promise I'm gonna win! Who would think one thing would lead to all of this. *Recalling all the things she's done with Takumi and begins to blush*

Employee: Okay, right through this door, you go up the stairs and the panel is right there. Your earpieces set? Good luck!

*The two nod to the employee. Michi and Takumi open the door. A curtain blocks the lower segment and the two begin to walk up a set of steel stairs. They look to their left and are temporarily blinded by a light, their eyes adjust, exposing what must be hundreds of people, on the stage panel are three seats, two on the left side with the two paintings, on the right is the last chair. The two take their seats and frantically search the crowd for familiar faces. It's hard to find anybody with all the flash photography. The group they arrived with are all seated in a row together.

Takumi: *Freezes up at the sight* So many people... I never had to do this as a kid...

Michi: *Grabs his arm* Hey, we'll be fine. Let's do this.

Sim: You know you can stop giving them the thumbs up, I don't think they'll see you.

Marcus: *While holding a thumbs up* Nah man! This will give them the confidence they need.

Ana: *While on her phone* I don't know... you're kinda obstructing my view.

*Marcus puts his arm down and looks down in defeat once again.*

Ana: *On her phone on Blapper, she Blaps* How do I start a conversation after seeming like a jerk?

Kirumi: Do you really need to take up the whole armrest?

Joey: *Moving his arm quickly* What can I say, these tri's take up a lot of space.

*Kirumi looks the other way, unentertained*

Danny: *To himself* Not really the lady killer you thought you were huh, Joe- *Notices something grabbing him*

Ella: *Grabbing Danny* Okay lean in close for the picture, Danny!

Danny: *Internally* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*Zoey is gritting her teeth*

Christian: Man I didn't think this many people would show up.

Danielle: They are world-renowned after all.

Sim: Did you read the latest Lovey Dovey Love chapter?

Kendall: Ooh! Stage Fright? It was great!

*The group continues chatting. Takumi and Michi watch on the mess that is their friend group. The two laugh about it which in turns ease them up.*

Male Voice on an Intercom: Everyone please take your seats, the event will start soon.

*From the same stairs Takumi and Michi came from, a man in a suit with combed hair and glasses walks up on to the stage waving. Takumi and Michi watch him the whole way.*

Richard: Hello ladies and gentlemen, my name is Richard King. I'll be hosting this event for tonight. Here tonight we have two young, very talented artists from Vermillia's GCU, Michi Nagisa and Takumi Seifude!

*Michi and Takumi wave to the crowd.*

Joey: *Stands up* TAKU!

Danny: *Grabbing Joey and sitting him back down* Shut up! This isn't a sporting event!

Richard: Talk about energy! So Ms. Nagisa, would you care to tell us about yourself?

Michi: O-of course! I am a second-year art major at Golden Coast University.

Richard: How about you Mr. Seifude?

Takumi: *In his head* Play it cool *Out loud* Takumi Seifudi here, first year at GCU. I'm also an art major.

Kirumi: *In her head* Takumi Seifude here? *facepalming in second-hand embarrassment.*

Richard: First off, I want to congratulate you two on being the main focus tonight. Very deserving!

*The audience applauds.*

Takumi and Michi: Thank you.

Richard: Second, I was wondering if I could ask you a few things before going onto the general Q&A?

*The two of them answer simultaneously.*

Michi: Of course.

Takumi: Sure, go ahead.

Richard: Okay great! Ms. Nagisa, you are the only daughter of the great Takashi Nagisa, correct?

Michi: Yes sir.

Richard: Could you tell us what it was like being able to grow under such an amazing figure? Without a doubt, your dad is the reason for your success, correct?

Takumi: *In his head* A personal question off the bat? And so insensitive...

Ella and Kirumi: *In their head* So wrong.

Michi: *In her head* He's not right about that, but he isn't wrong... *Out loud* Well... It's thanks to my father I am who I am today, but I believe I am the artist I am through my own hard work and perseverance.

Ella and Kirumi: *Nodding their heads* Good answer.

Joey: That's a big word.

Richard: Ah yes, of course, Ms. Nagisa. Mr. Seifude?

Michi: *In her head while looking at Takumi* It's obvious he's after some sort of reaction, don't fall for it.

Richard: I want to congratulate you for making it here again after a long hiatus. Tell me, last time you were here with a stunning beauty, I don't see her around, is she in the crowd? Or... has she been replaced by Ms. Nagisa here?

Takumi: *In his head* Why did he bring Hanako up?! What's this guy's problem! *Out loud* Hold on. Thank you for the congratulations, it feels great to be back. But I don't see why my personal life is up to question here. That person just isn't here. I don't see how being here with Michi could correlate to that either.

Danny: *In his head* Damnit Taku, keep your cool.

*The crowd starts chattering*

Man One: Is he upset or something?

Woman One: He's pretty ungrateful if you ask me, many would love to be up there.

Woman Two: He's really formal with Michi Nagisa up there.

Man Two: Yeah, you think there's something between those two kids? He seemed pretty tense when Mr. King brought up that other girl.

Richard: *Clears throat in microphone to quiet the crowd and confidently laughs* No need to get so excited Mr. Seifude. It was simply a precautionary, there are categories for collaborations! A collaboration painting could be something new! Now now, back to you Ms. Nagisa. You yourself have had profound success since your enrollment at GCU. Even so, people have dubbed you as just a second hand Takashi Nagisa with the quality of your latest pieces, your response to them?

Michi: *In her head* Second hand?

Kirumi and Ella: *In their head* Keep your cool Michi!

Michi: They can label me whatever they want. Whether it be "second hand", lacking, fallen short, all that matters to me is producing an art piece that people can connect to. I may have been successful in getting here, but I'm just starting to reach people with my paintings. That's why I'm here now.

Kirumi and Ella: *In their head* Way to go!

Richard: Well how about that... Nowadays being independent can be so iconic, right folks? Mr. Seifude. Anything to add to that?

Takumi: *In his head* Calm down, don't let him get to you like last time. *Out loud* Not really, I don't think I could have worded it better.

Richard: Moving on then. According to online sources and professional media outlets, the responses to your art in the last 6 months have been dismal. Frankly, I don't even know how you're still attending GCU with the performance you'd been putting up.

Joey: *In his head* Okay, this guy is asking for it. *Ready to jump out of his seat*

Danny: *In his head* How unprofessional can this guy be?

Takumi: *In his head* I don't care how many people are watching! *Out loud* I don't really care what people online, the media, or what even yo-

*Richard leans back in his seat.*

Michi: *Noticing Takumi is going to lose his temper* Actually, Takumi here told me earlier that he wasn't feeling very well, so if we could start the Q&A quicker that'd be great!

*Richard sits back up.*

Man Three: Why'd she cut him off?

Man Four: He was about to say something interesting!

Woman Three: This guy can't control himself.

Woman Four: I don't know, this interviewer seems like he's pushing his luck.

Man Five: *Interrupting Woman Two and Three* Yeah, this guy is an asshole.

*Flashes and sounds of cameras come from the crowd while they erupt into conversation.*

Christian: Come on Taku...

Zoey: What's wrong with Taku?!

Danielle: It's pretty obvious that that guy is trying to provoke them.

Marcus: How can they even hire a guy like this?

Sim: He doesn't deserve this.

Richard: Oh ho, of course, Ms. Nagisa. I'm sorry to hear about how you're feeling Mr. Seifude. We will now continue on with the public Q&A. All visitors that would like to participate, please make your way to both microphones on the left and right side.

*Several people in the crowd stand up and begin making their way to the microphones.*

*A short amount of time passes as most people ask questions similar to those of the interviewer's. Only a small percentage of the questions in total seem to be genuine. With each question Michi and Takumi answer the two get more and more exhausted.*

*Questionnaires stand in the seat rows in front of microphones.*

Male Person One: So what is your relationship?

Male Person Two: Does this have to do with your past failures?

Female Person One: How does your father influence your art?

Male Person Three: Why were you relatively quiet after graduating high school?

*Michi and Takumi, both sweating on stage and clearly exhausted from all the questions.*

Michi: *Whispering to Takumi* I'm not sure if I can keep this up

Takumi: *Whispering back* Me too, I'm gonna lose it if they bring up my past for the 100th time.

*A little girl is now approaching the microphone, a staff member gives her something to stand on to reach the microphone.*

Richard: Ah, I see we're running out of time, we have time for one more question before ending tonight's main event.

*A parent in the stands looks around for her child*

Little Girl: Ummm...

*The crowd silences Takumi, Michi, and Richard's attention is now drawn to the girl at the microphone.*

Little Girl: *With an inspiring face* How can I be like you? *Pointing at the two paintings*

Takumi: *In his head* She's adorable! And wow, finally a good question, albeit a simple one.

*Takumi, who's about to begin answering the question is stopped by Michi's sudden excitement and talking*

Michi: Well little girl, you just have to act with your heart. When I was your age, I didn't know how to do that either! But I met someone who taught me.

*Takumi looks at Michi whose face has been hit perfectly by the spotlight while she is talking.*

Michi: I can't speak for my friend here, but when I painted this, I had someone special in mind. After all, when you find something you really like, you should go after it no matter what! Just work with this *Points at her own heart, the little girl copies her in awe* and let your work show for itself!

*The little girl stares at Mich in amazement before her mother takes her hand and begins guiding her back to their seats. The crow begins applauding. Takumi stares at Michi in awe.*

[San Melodia Convention Center Conference Hall, 7:35 P.M., Saturday]

*Michi and Takumi stand leaned up against the wall next to one another, in the hallway in which they came from.*

Takumi: God that felt like forever! And it was way too stressful.

Michi: Yeah... that reminds me, you need to learn how to keep your cool! You really got out of your seat!

Takumi: Hey, what you said to that little girl was really inspiring, I'm sure she'll keep those words with her forever.

Michi: You think so? I'm glad. Shoulda said something about that jackass while I was at it.

*The two laugh.*

[San Melodia Convention Center Conference Hall, 7:40 P.M., Saturday]

*Michi and Takumi walk back up to the group that's come back together.*

Takumi: Sorry we're late.

*Kirumi and Ella run up to Michi.*

Ella: Are you alright Michi? That guy was a jerk!

Kirumi: Yeah, that interviewer wasn't exactly... professional.

Ella: Do you want him handled? *Holding her phone*

Joey: *Walking up to Takumi* Hey you alright Taku? *Whispering* I know you don't like it when people bring up the H-word.

Takumi: Yeah, I'm fine.

Zoey: *Grabbing Takumi* If you need me, I'm here.

*Michi is glaring at the two from the side of her eye.*

Christian: The crowds are starting to thin out, should we all start heading back?

Takumi: *Slowly separating himself from Zoey* Ye-yeah, sounds like a plan.

Michi: So how was it?

Ella: AWESOME! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M FRIENDS WITH THE LEAD GUITARIST OF YUMENO DRIVE! *Shoving her phone in Michi's face showing her a photo of her and Danny in the crowd, Ella is smiling and Danny looks deranged*

Kirumi: I mean, I sat next to Joey so...

*Danny and Joey both sneeze.*

Michi: I was talking about the Q&A...

Kirumi: I think you guys handled yourselves well. Although, it would have been great to see Takumi punch an art show host.

Takumi: *Walking up to the three of them* Hey, we're thinking about heading back. Do you all have a ride?

Kirumi: Speak of the devil.

Michi: Yeah we'll be fine, Ella's got us.

Joey: Hey, Kirumi?

Kirumi: *Surprised* Where did you come from?!

Joey: *Bowing his head and panicking* Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!

Kirumi: Nothing scares me. What do you want?

Joey: So I was thinking... if we could meet up sometime?

Kirumi: I'll unblock your number and then I'll think about it.

Joey: *In his head* SHE SAID SHE'LL UNBLOCK MY NUMBER! PROGRESS!

Danny: *In his head* Okay, I've said goodbye to almost everyone, now I just got to avoi-

Ella: DANNY!

Danny: *In his head* Oh no. *Out loud*  Hey... for like the fifth time, Ella. 

Ella: We have got to take one more photo before we leave tonight!

Danny: Oh, uh... no problem. *To himself* Okay, this is easy, what's one more photo?

Ella: You'll need to take it though because my phone died.

Danny: Oh. Okay, sure.

*The two take their photo and Ella takes Danny phone*

Ella: Hold on Danny, I'll just text myself the photo!

Danny: Yeah sure. *To himself* We're almost done tonight.

Ella: And sent! *Hands Danny his phone back* Thanks for exchanging contact info with me!

Danny: *Internally* AHHHHHHHHH!

*Danielle, Christian, and Zoey can be seen talking to Michi, Kirumi, Takumi and Ella.*

Sim: And then the part where Kouji-kun almost fights the host! Anyway, see you soon?

Kendall: *Laughs, and speaks in an enthusiastic tone* I'll think about it.

Marcus: *Bowing his head* Sorry if I bothered you today, Ana!

Ana: *Reserved looking at her phone* Oh, no, it's fine. You didn't bother me that much. *On Blapper* Why can't I talk to guys! I suck at this (followed by several distraught emojis)!

*Marcus hangs his head for one last final defeat. The two groups say goodbye to each other and head their separate ways.*

[Takumi's Adapter Ride, 7:55 P.M., Saturday]

Zoey: You look tired, Taku.

Christian: Yeah man, you look awful!

Joey: You look like shit!

Takumi: Thanks guys, but I think I noticed.

Danny: You don't need to sweat it, I'm pretty sure anyone with half a brain would've noticed that Richard King guy was looking for a reaction.

[Michi in Ella's ride, 7:55 P.M., Saturday]

Michi: You think that's what he was after?

Ella: Definitely, I'm used to it, the media always wants you to react in some way, it's their job!

Kirumi: Are you alright? I know you hate being compared to your father.

[Takumi's Adapter Ride and Ella's Ride, 7:56 P.M., Saturday]

Takumi: Yeah, I'm fine, I'm used to people bringing up Hanako by now if we're just being honest.

Michi: It just shows that I haven't grown at all if I'm still being bothered by it.

Takumi and Michi: I'll just have to put it in the past and keep moving forward.

[Takumi's Dorm, 9:00 P.M., Saturday]

*Takumi lays on his bed, staring at his phone in the dark.*

Takumi: What a mess today was.

*Takumi is scrolling through his phone when his screen is interrupted by an incoming call. it's Mr. Rubino.*

Takumi: Oh hey, Mr. Rubino! What's with the late call?

Raffa: So, how was it? 

*Raffa Rubino, A large older man sitting in a fancy den chair in a designer suit, puffs a cigar in his GCU office. He lets out a cloud of smoke after hearing what Takumi had to say.*

Mr. Rubino: Mhm, mhm. Well, a Richard King you say. Well, I'm sorry about how the Q&A went. I'll make sure the committee is aware of what happened tonight. My apologies, we were busy reviewing entries in the next hall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

648 11 16
Time has passed quickly: Class 1-A graduates and because hero's, get married, and some even have kids. Follow them all as they go through their seco...
143K 6.7K 30
[sequel 'Divide' is out now!] ___ Tears and heartbreak. Poetry and music. Parties and puke. Cigarettes and blood. Acceptance and hatred. Cliques and...
239 1 27
Alia starts her graduation year at St. Xavier's after 5 years gap in her education due to cancer. Not just her college but everything has changed and...
2.1K 75 6
Well this is my very first fanfic so I am still trying to get a grip about it 😂😂 This story is based on the prank on Best Artist 2017..