Her Tranquil Tales

By thatabayagirl

A Collection of Short Stories which mostly contains romance but, along with few amazing twists and thrills... More

Author's Note
●1. YOU ARE THE ONE●
1.1 you are the one
1.2 you are the one
1.3 you are the one
1.4 you are the one
1.5 you are the one
1.6 you are the one
1.7 you are the one
●2. MY JUNIOR BOY●
2.1 my junior boy
2.2 my junior boy
2.3 my junior boy
2.4 my junior boy
2.5 my junior boy
2.6 my junior boy
2.7 my junior boy
2.8 my junior boy
epilogue
bonus
•3. SPARK OF JUSTICE•
3.1 spark of justice
3.2 spark of justice
3.3 spark of justice
•M Y D E A R T H E M I•
note

1.8 you are the one

10.7K 587 454
By thatabayagirl

New pretty cover by scentofobsession
Thank you so much for this💕

This chapter is dedicated to rashardhajara20 Rose_411 SAIYYAD786 lilactxewho always reads as soon as I update💕🙊

*****

Both of them took their places and were ready for their race.

"All the best," they both said to each other at the same time and laughed.

"Okay dears. ON YOUR MARK, GET SET GOO..." saying this Mrs Malik whistled.

As soon as Afiya heard the whistle, she started to swim. It's been ages since she last had a swimming race, but she was trying her best to swim faster than Ali. She somehow wanted to defeat him and show him that girls too can swim.

She was almost near the end of the pool whereas Ali was just behind her. Afiya smiled inside thinking that she has already won.

But in a swift speed, Ali overtook her and won the race.

"Ali has won the race." Mrs Malik announced.

Ali chuckled seeing Afiya who was now glaring at him with an irritated face. He was going towards the rail of the pool to wash up and then Afiya called him from behind and said,

"Well, That was impressive. I admit that you are a good swimmer."

"Thank you. I'm glad my wife is impressed." Ali chuckled, shaking his head and left to change.

Afiya was starring at his back till he disappeared. She was in her chain of thoughts with so many unknown emotions.

"Come Afiya, get up. Otherwise, you will catch a cold." Mrs Malik reminded her, as she was still standing in the swimming pool with her thoughts.

After taking a warm bath from the bathroom inside the pool area she cascaded towards her room. She had a bright smile on her face as if she had won the race and something else too.

When she entered their room, she saw Ali who was wearing a navy blue full sleeve t-shirt and was picking some dress and packing them in a suitcase. Slowly taking steps towards him she enquired,

"Are you going somewhere?"

He just nodded with a smile.

"Oh, Where?"

"Switzerland," he replied observation her expression.

"Oh. Great," she replied with a gloomy face.

"Why that gloomy face?" he urged noticing her.

"Nothing. It was my dream place to go for a honeymoon when I was small," she answered remembering how badly she wished to go there.

"For your information, dreams come true and even your dream," he told.

"What do you mean?" she confusedly asked.

"Surprise! We are going to Switzerland tomorrow. Pack your bags."

Afiya was beyond shocked to hear what he told her and jumped in excitement. She started screaming and jumping like a small kid. Seeing this Ali also giggled like a small kid. He was seeing her like this for the first time. In her that happy state, without thinking once she jumped and hugged Ali. He got startled by her sudden action but he reciprocated the hug slowly and not so tightly.

"Thank you so much, Ali. You are the best," she said and broke the hug suddenly remembering what she was doing and what she said.

He became happy and confused at the same time.

"Sorry. No, you are not the best," she said with a fake hurt expression.

"Huh?" he made a confused look.

"You said that you like me right? Had a crush on me for YEARS! I don't think it's true. If it was true you would have let me win the race today."

"Afiya... I-I didn't know that you wanted to win that much" Ali replied feeling a little guilty.

"We let our loved ones win right? But you didn't. I'm hurt Mr Chottu" saying this Afiya wiped her fake tears to air.

"I-I'm Sorry. I'll let you win next time for sure. I am sorry Afii" he looked broken now thinking that he hurt her feelings.

Afiya was a little taken aback hearing him calling her Afi as no one ever called her that name.

"I was just messing with you Ali. Look at your face. Hahaha," she started laughing thinking how someone can be so innocent.

"Oh really messing with me huh?" saying this he walked towards her with a mischievous smile.

Afiya could sense that he was up to something. She slowly took a few steps backwards until she reached the edge of the bed. He swiftly stood in front of her then started tickling her and doing so, she fell on the bed getting so ticklish.

"S-st-stop it A-Ali...A-Ali..." she said in between her laughs. He stopped tickling hearing her pleads and laid beside her in the bed.

"Afiya" he called her so softly getting up and leaning against the headboard of the bed.

She too sat opposite to him, staring at him and just hummed.

"I know this relationship is so unexpected for you and it may take some time for you to adjust. But I promise you that I won't ever disappoint you and make you sad. We will be staying in Switzerland for three weeks. Let's start fresh and get to know each other more. I know it may be hard for you, your classmate being your husband who you slightly hated in the past. But let's give this relationship a chance?" he explained and asked her.

Afiya smiled widely and replied to him,

"To be frank, I was sad and not happy about this marriage at first. But not anymore. Now I feel so happy and blessed to have you. Just a few hours ago I realised this that you truly like me or love me?" She teasingly asked him.

"Huh...H-hmm. How?" he questioned with a smirk.

"I know it may sound absurd. But this is what I felt the moment when you won the race that, like shown in many movies and books, you could have let me win to impress me and something like that. But you didn't. I liked that and I know you would always make me happy. Yes, I'm ready to be Mrs Afiya Ali Malik. And I also know that I will also eventually fall in love with you" she said with a huge smile on her face.

The moment she came to know Ali is her husband, she felt relieved that he is not a stranger. She was even feeling so much comfortable being with him which surprised her. Before even Ali asking her, she had already started to accept him as her husband and giving this relationship a chance.

It didn't matter to her that she didn't get the one she craved for but, got the one who really loved her. According to her, it was best marrying the person who loves her than the person she loves. Because it is easy to love someone than to be loved. That feeling of being loved mattered to her and happy that Ali is the one for her.

"I'm so glad that, You are the One I married and the One who loves me," she said staring straight into Ali's eyes.

"You are the One I only wanted and craved for which I got," he replied back starring into her black orbs.

"Alhamdulillah for getting you," they both said to each other at the same time.

They both sat there like that for some time feeling the presence of each other and then Ali broke the silence.

"So where is my prize for winning?" Ali asked like a small kid.

"What prize? When did we discuss giving a prize for the winner?" She questioned thinking.

"Well, now." he grinned.

"Huh. Okay, what do you want as your prize?" Afiya asked.

Leaning closer to her Ali motioned his index finger to his right side cheeks and looked up shyly, anticipating to get what he asked.

"Oh, you want that? Simple" Afiya said confidently.

Hearing this he looked at her shocked thinking that this was a simple one for her.

"Go catch it," Afiya said giving a flying kiss.

He thought to play along with her and dramatically got up from the bed and acted catching the flying kiss she gave.

He didn't ask her further as he didn't want her to be uncomfortable and force her anything.

She felt so happy seeing him being childish like her. She soon grabbed her phone and said to him,

"Ali, come let's take a snap and shock my friends. No one knows we got married. Let's surprise them."

She was not wearing a hijab, so she thought to send it only to her female friends. They both were lying on the bed, Ali on the left side and Afiya on the right side. She opened her Snapchat, lifted her hand to take a selfie and stared at him with a happy smile. He too smiled at her without even looking at the camera and gazed at each other like that for a few minutes forgetting about taking the photo.

Ali slowly moved his hand and caressed her delicate face. She didn't get startled and but remembered about the photo they have to take.

"Ali, you take the selfie," she requested.

He grabbed the phone from her hand and lifted to take the picture. She slowly started to caress his face now. At that time Ali smiled so widely and clicked the photo. As soon as he took the photo she dropped the phone in his hand and kissed on his left cheek in a swift.

Ali got surprised and soon embraced her in a hug and both of them felt warmness in their closeness.

"Your prize" she whispered in his ear and grabbed the phone and typed the caption for her Snap as,

(Snap delivered to all her friends)

It's not always important to express your love with each other in those three magical words.

THE END

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM

YES, THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER OF YOU ARE THE ONE.

I hope you all liked this story.

I may or may not write epilogue of this chapter as I like it this way without any epilogue.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE & COMMENT

Stay tuned for next story

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.4K 21
Some desi short stories stuck in my mind
39.9K 1.9K 24
•Short stories collection• which are living in my head rentfree and now I'm going to share with you all Trust me you'll love it.
726K 31.7K 41
♕︎𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬♕︎
593K 25.8K 107
A beautiful collection of short stories where love always wins.❤️