Redemption |complete| (SasuSa...

By Mel55_59

(Complete) Sasuke comes back to Konoha after a journey seeking atonement and redemption. Finally becoming the... More

The Rise of Buried Emotions
Strangers or Friends
The Breaking Point
Drinking her Way to Forgiveness
A Journey Ahead of Us
The Delicate Features
The Creation of a Dimension
Arrival in the Lava Dimension
The Labyrinth
I will get her back
He was always the right choice
Stay here
Timeline
A feeling of vulnerability
The one who turned 20
She wanted to enjoy things as they were
Tsuchigumo
I know what I feel
I am not coming back
Don't make it harder, please
The Land of Birds
You're home now
You better ask her out
That was all it mattered
Timeline 2
I'm happy that you are here with me
Say it
Redemption
Back to Tsuchigumo
Medical Ninjutsu
The escape
Is this the right time?
What was a part of him
The day before
You are part of my heritage now
Then Don't (Lemon version)
Then Don't (No Lemon)
Maybe next time
Hold him closer
New Theory
Tell her that I am sorry
Countdown
The little boy in the dark room
Infiltration
The second one who turned 20
Are you trying to kill me (Lemon)
Team 7 reunited
Mission starts
The answer
What does it look like?
First night on mission (Lemon)
Me or no one else?
To keep you safe
Week seven?
A castle appears
Back home
A new treatment
Recovery
I'm a child when I'm bored
Tsukigakure
I love you (Lemon)
Snowball fight and Susanoo
Final Countdown
Welcome to our world
I wish you the best
Back to Konoha
Just let me hold you
There is something I want to say
Ten weeks
The Uchiha Compound
You are not real
Psychosis
Bright Orange
Take it off (Lemon)
Take it off (no lemon)
Sai and Sasuke
The festival
Please think about it
The bird without a letter ("soft lemon")
A symbolic promise
A pointless thing to do
The threat
Do we have a plan?
Are you two bickering?
I will love you, always
I'm back (Lemon)
Let's play
You know what to do (soft lemon)
Beg me (soft lemon)
I'm sorry for hurting you
I am a bad mother
The Fight
Reflection
Rushiken
Until her birthday
He will wait for Sakura
Be quiet (Strong lemon)
The Talk
Preparation for the night
Game on
A bittersweet birthday party
A final goodbye
27 years old
The year of the new beginning
Until we meet again (soft lemon)
Epilogue

Isn't he the most beautiful

5K 191 346
By Mel55_59

Wednesday, 13th of September.

"Are you finished?"

"Yes. Where are we going?"

"You will see."

Sasuke started to walk towards the forest. Sakura followed wondering what his plan was. He was extremely quiet and she wondered if it was because of last night. When she did what she did, she knew that it was going to be a lot for him to handle but she still wanted to give it a try. It was still funny to her every time she thought about it. He genuinely felt like a statue who couldn't breathe or move.

She had been so happy to see him yesterday that she needed to be close to him. She had been craving something she never had and it was still a weird feeling to her. The memory of his voice interrupting Kotaka was haunting her. She remembered turning around not believing that it could be him but it was. He was standing there watching her. He looked so beautiful at that moment that she was still thinking about it. His hair had grown a bit longer in two weeks and it was now fully covering his Rinnegan.

Today was the same, she wanted to feel his body between her arms, she wanted to play with his hand or even touch his hair. She was well aware that she had told Ino that she was convinced he would come back but a part of her had been scared that he would just panic and leave her alone so when he was facing her, she just wanted to jump in his arms to make sure that he was real.

She took a deep breath and rushed to catch up to him. She grabbed his sleeve.

"Is it still far?"

"No."

They walked for ten more minutes before Sakura heard the sound of birds. They sounded different than the ones from the forest so she curiously looked at the sky but she couldn't see anything. Sasuke walked her to a tiny little village and it took her a minute to realise where they were. The smell of salt filled her nose.

"It is a fishermen village but that is not what I want to show you. Come here."

He turned to his right and walked towards a small hill. On top of it stood a lonely bench. They both sat on it. Sakura was taking everything in. The view was beautiful. It was just water everywhere. She couldn't even see where it started or finished. The sound of the birds she had just heard was only the seagulls singing and flying above the golden water reflecting the light of the sun. There was a small breeze slightly moving her hair.

She looked at Sasuke who was on her left. He was staring at the water and he looked beautiful at that moment. His hair was also moving following the movement of the wind. His skin appeared brilliant under the sun and it contrasted beautifully with his black cloak. He seemed so relaxed, just like he was freed from something but she couldn't tell what. The corner of his Rinnegan appeared when his hair moved and she shivered. It was a reminder of some of the hardest times of her life but also the most beautiful ones. They had been travelling together because of it and she had gotten the opportunity to meet an incredible person. This eye was also a reminder of how powerful Sasuke was. She knew that he didn't like it very much but for her it was part of him. It made him who he was today. It was giving him the opportunity to travel through dimensions and help the village. He was keeping everyone safe and he couldn't even see it which was heartbreaking to her.

She smiled to herself and looked at the rest of his face. She could only see parts of it but it didn't matter because she knew all of it by heart. Her fingers had traced every parts of it every time they had touched his face. She knew how the corner of his mouth formed a line starting from his nose going down to his lips every time he smiled, she knew how his eyelashes fell on his cheeks, she had felt how soft his skin was and how perfect it was. Everything about him made her heart sink in her chest in the most beautiful way. Every word he had said made her smile and every smile he showed made her happy. She loved him and this time she fell in love with who he was and not who she thought he was. He was perfect and she wouldn't change a single thing about him. She loved his shyness, his playfulness, his subtle jaleousy and she adored how caring he was especially when it came to her. She appreciated how much he listened when she was talking and the fact that they were here now just proved how much he valued what she was telling him.

"You brought me to the sea?"

"You said that you've never seen "just the water", only the cliffs."

She wanted to hug him or kiss him... she didn't know. She was so ecstatic right now that she couldn't breathe properly. He really had done that for her.

Once her thoughts had settled down, he touched her hand slightly. She wondered for a second how he was able to do the right thing at the right time all the time. Maybe he was reading her mind after all.  The butterflies in her stomach were painful at this point. She took a deep breath to calm them down. 

"Did you really plan all of this for me?"

"Hn."

She looked at the sea and asked the question that was on her mind.

"Sasuke...?"

"Hn?"

"Are we on a date?"

"Yes. Why? Does it not look like one? Were we supposed to "do something"?"

"What do you mean by "do something"?"

"Nothing."

She stared at him completely shocked. She expected him to reply with his usual "hn", not an actual yes. In fact she expected him not to reply at all but there he was, telling her that they were on a date.

All of a sudden he brushed her hand with his fingers. She smiled and put her hand on top of his shyly. Weirdly she was feeling extremely giddy right now which was very unusual considering the fact that she was always making the first move. Maybe it was because of all of this. She was simply taking it in without trying to push for more but it was hard. It was hard because she felt like she was drunk and her mind kept wandering and forgetting about the present moment. She had never felt this way. After a few seconds, he moved his hand away and stood up.

"We need to go back to the village."

"Already?"

"Is it supposed to last longer?"

She smiled and stood up. "No, no it's not."

He walked away and stopped in his tracks to look at her. He seemed so innocent right now that Sakura couldn't even stop smiling. How could someone be this handsome and cute at the same time? No matter how much she was getting to know him, he remained a mystery to her.

They walked back to the village in silence. Sakura's mind felt very light and the symptoms reminded her of the times she had studied the effects of some drugs. She kept glancing at Sasuke who was simply walking by her side. Was he feeling the same as her? It felt like her entire body was at war against nothing. Everything was moving, floating, pounding... she couldn't even focus on what she was feeling but the only word that could describe it was the word intense. It was intense in the most violent and beautiful way.

Her hand moved on its own to Sasuke's arm. She wrapped it with her fingers and walked closer to him. When she was touching him, she was feeling more like herself and less like a ball of messy emotions.

They arrived in the village shortly after.

"Sasuke, do you want me to teach you the basics of medical jutsu now? I have the rest of the day off."

"Hn."

"Ok, let's go to the house then."

She let go of his arm knowing that he would feel uncomfortable to be this close to her in the village.

As they walked in the streets, an enthusiast Kotaka appeared in front of them.

"Ah, Sakura-chan good to see you. Listen I never got to ask you what I was going to ask you yesterday." he looked at Sasuke with disdain. "Nice to see you." he looked back at her. "So, there is this spectacle that the school puts on tonight. Do you want to go with me?"

Without even looking at him, she could feel Sasuke's annoyance. These two didn't like each other and it was very palpable. She knew that she only had a few seconds to answer before Sasuke would jump in to tell him to get lost.

"Sorry... I'm teaching Sasuke some medical jutsu."

"Oh I thought he was able to do it... you know since he can do so much."

She saw his eyes look at Sasuke provocatively. Great.

"Well, lovely seeing you!"

She grabbed Sasuke's sleeve and dragged him away from him. Kotaka stopped Sasuke by saying something else which made her stop as well. She turned around.

"What did you just say?"

"You still owe me a date. I won't give up."

She laughed and dragged Sasuke a bit harder. She practically rushed to the house nervous that he would just turn around to start a fight.

Once the door was closed behind them she looked at him.

"We are going to this show tonight." He said.

She frowned her eyebrows confused. "Why?"

"We just are." he was completely expressionless and cold.

He rushed to his bedroom and closed the door. She walked to the sofa and sat on it wondering how she was going to handle the situation between these two. They were on mission and whether Sasuke liked it or not, he was going to stay for a bit of time in this village, just like her.

The evening arrived quickly and she decided to get changed for the show. Sasuke had stayed in his room for the entire time.

When she walked downstairs, she saw him already ready. He had removed his cloak and was waiting on her. Probably hearing her steps, he turned around a looked at her without moving. She wandered what was happening to him but she brushed it off and approached him.

"Do you really want to go to that show?"

"Hn."

He took her hand and walked outside. His hold on her hand was strong. She followed him around the village not understanding what was going on with him. He brought her to the village's main place and sat down on the first seat that he could find. She sat next to him not being able to feel her hand anymore.

"Sasuke, you're hurting me."

His head snapped towards her. He seemed confused so she just looked at their hands. He understood and let go of her.

"Oh Sakura, I thought that you two were doing some medical jutsu. Can I sit here?"

Kotaka showed the seat on Sakura's right. She nodded remembering that her mission was to gather information about this place.

"Good evening Sasuke."

"Hn."

Feeling the growing tension Sakura decided to speak.

"So, what is this show?"

"The kids put on a show once a year. Mostly some singing and dancing. You know it's our only source of distraction."

"Oh that's nice. How long does it last for?"

"Usually around an hour and a half. You will enjoy yourself don't worry. Especially since I'm sitting next to you!" he winked and glanced at Sasuke. Sakura rolled her eyes discreetly. She had no idea why these two hated each other like that. She had a feeling that they were in competition over something but she didn't know what.

The show started and everyone got quiet. It was dark outside and the only lights came from the improvised stage. During it Kotaka had tried to get closer to her but Sakura kept avoiding him by approaching Sasuke. By the end of it she was nearly glued to him.

The lights turned off and everyone cheered the kids. Sakura clapped with everyone else. Kotaka looked at her.

"Hey, we can all have a drink together if you want. I'll invite the woman my dad wants me to marry."

"You're supposed to marry someone?"

"Yeah we don't get to choose here. Anyway I'll go get her."

She turned around to Sasuke who seemed at the edge of the breaking point.

"Did you hear? I thought that he was trying to get with me but he is supposed to be with someone else. That's reassuring."

"He is trying."

"You think."

"Even I can tell."

"Well, it doesn't matter to me. I have you."

"He is still trying."

"Cheer up, will you? We are supposed to gather information and alcohol could be a great way to get them to speak! If you want to go home, I'll go with them."

"No, I'm coming."

Kotaka came back with a lovely woman.

"This is Suto. Suto this is Sakura and Sasuke. They are from Konoha."

"Happy to meet you."

The four ninjas walked into a bar. The atmosphere was so tense because of the two men that Sakura offered Suto something to drink. They both had tried to make conversation with them but had quickly given up. Instead they decided to talk together while drinking.

They had been drinking for about an hour when Sakura started to feel her head spin. It was just like the time when Ino had made her drink except this time she was having fun.

"You know you're beautiful. I'm sure guys are all over you!" started Suto.

"Oh no stop! I am not that pretty."

"I assure you. I heard people talk!" she laughed loudly before drinking a bit more. "My friend's husband was caught saying that he would hurt himself if that meant that he could be healed by the pretty doctor."

"Did he actually do it? But he has a wife!"

"You know getting married doesn't mean much here. Everyone secretly goes off with someone else. We never had a wedding made out of love."

"But that's awful!"

"Ah you get used to it."

"That deserves a drink! Here," she poured a glass to her new friend. Some spilled and the two laughed. "to loneliness!" the cups hit each other and they drank the entirety of it.

"No but I'm serious though. Anyone who marries you will be a very lucky man."

"Hey can I tell you a secret?" Sakura made a sign with her hand that looked like it asked Suto to come closer which she did. Sakura approached her ear and whispered very quietly. "See the guy next to me? We went on a date today. I want him to marry me but shhhhhhhhh."

They giggled and Suto replied. "I won't lie he is a piece of art."

"Isn't he? The most beautiful human ever. He is just so beautiful." without realising she had stoped whispering. " I love him so much like I can't even handle it anymore. Like you know every time I look at him I'm like"how can someone like this exist?" He is just so sweet and perfect."

"Sweet as well? That's so unfair. We don't have guys like him here."

"Tell me about it. Come to Konoha and you'll find a loooot of them! And you can get married to someone you love. So much better."

"I'm packing my stuff. Are they all this beautiful?"

"Nah he's the most beautiful one but there are some cute ones."

"Ah, if only I could leave this place I'd come with you!"

"I'll hide you in my bag. Cute guys before the law right!"

"Let's drink to that!" After finishing another drink she added. "Well you have your cute guy. Why is he blushing? You think they can hear us?"

"Nah we're not that loud."

"Psssst can I ask you something? Have you two ever... you know done the thing?"

When she was about to reply someone interrupted her.

"Enough Sakura, we are going home."

She moved her hand to him. "Wait a minute I'm talking. No we haven't."

"But have you ever done it though?"

"Not before I'll get married."

"So it's gonna be with him!"

"Shhhhht what if I don't get married to him!"

Sasuke interrupted again. "Sakura, let's go." his voice was cold.

"Ahhhh I really need to go or I'll get in trouble! I'll see you tomorrow at my break!"

"Yes! Love you!"

"My best friend would love you so much. Love you too!'

She felt a tug on her sleeve. Sasuke was dragging her out. She tried to follow him but everything was so blurry that it was hard to. He quickly understood and lifted her off the ground onto his shoulder. Everything was spinning but at least she didn't have to walk.

She looked at the ground moving under her until it stopped. Before she knew it, she was put on something soft. She quickly guessed that it was her bed. She looked at Sasuke who was trying to get something. He looked so serious and beautiful at the same time.

"I love you Sasuke!"

"Hn."

He finally managed to get the blanket that she was lying on and struggled to cover her body with it. He seemed very absent."I love you Sasuke-kun!"

"I know."

He somehow managed to but Sakura sat and grabbed his face with her two hands. "I love you!!!"

"Sakura, lie down."

She lay down and let him put the blanket over her. "I love you so so much Sasuke!"

"Yeah... Love you too." his movement froze.

A huge smile appeared on her face and she bit the blanket. He glanced at her quickly and she saw the embarrassment in his eyes. She laughed. The blanket still in her mouth she spoke.

"Can you stay until I fall asleep?"

He breathed loudly but before he could say no she sat down and grabbed him onto the bed with her.

"Sakura what are you doing?" he was half laying on her, imprisoned between her arms.  

"I am making you stay with me."

"You can't sleep like that and I can't stay like that."

"But if I let go you will go away."

"Will you sleep if I stay?"

"Yes! But you stay here."

"Yes. Let go of me."

She slowly freed him and he sat properly next to her.

"No but you lie down too!"

"I am not laying down in a bed with you."

"Whyyy?"

"Sakura."

"Please, please, please. On the blanket!"

She heard his loud breath again but he lay down on the other side of the bed away from her. She rolled around to face him.

"Heyyyy" she whispered. "Sasuke-kun?"

"Hn."

"We're in the same bed."

"Hn."

"Good night."

"Good night, Sakura."

She took his arm and hugged it. "Good night Sasuke."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 62 10
Naruto has been ridiculed and shamed. His heart was torn into shreds as he never felt more useless in his life. Moreover, this caused him to drop th...
13.6K 427 25
Sequel to: SasuSaku: Konoha High: School of arts It's been 3 years since the couple graduated the famed highschool, they experienced death and hardsh...
262K 10K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
1.2K 20 19
(NaruSaku & possible other ships) When an old friend returns from a supposed death. To be faced with an unbelievable betrayal. When the friend that o...