- 𝑰𝒏 𝑩𝒆𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏 -

By lilmochoi

When ten teenagers living a regular life found a mysterious book while walking home from school.They brought... More

- 𝑰𝒏 𝑩𝒆𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒐 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒆𝒏 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑶𝒏𝒆 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑻𝒘𝒐 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 -
- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓 -
- 𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 -

- 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆 -

1K 52 130
By lilmochoi

- End of a chapter -
Days after the return of the teenagers

Days has passed since they're return.. everything was slowly going back to normal. The teens returned to their families caught up with their studies and moved on from the in between.

Well back in the in between things started looking up for the characters. Mia, Sky and Lewis has been voted to be assistants in the palace while they are still looking for a new leader to rule the land.

After the characters saw their dedication and kindness towards the injured people during the end of the creators celebration. Everyone wanted them to work for the palace.

Since Its been years since they saw kindness and dedication like that in their land and they wanted it to stay.Today was a bright and shiny morning at the palace as the three gathered to eat.

"Woah i still can't believe were assistants in the palace!" Sky said still can't believe what was happening.

"being able to help the in between as assistants while were still searching for a leader is such a big job for us to fill" Lewis replied gobbling up the vanilla pancakes on his plate.

"I'm not even sure if we could full fill it" He added adding more butter to his pancake.

"I think we could if we all work together" Mia smiled wiping her mouth.

"So do we need a new name apart from fearless three?" Sky raised his brow as Mia chuckled.

"Wait i thought were three little pigs?"Lewis looked at him confused while continuing to stuff his cheeks with food.

"Three little— I said scratch that fearless three is our name" Sky widen his eyes putting down his utensils.

"Ouh... Well sorry that i couldn't hear properly" said Lewis taking a glass of water beside him.

"Boomer" Sky mumbled as Lewis looked back at him. "And what does that supposed to mean?" Lewis stared at him intensely.

"Hueningkai said it means old people..." Sky replied before starting to eat.

"Excuse me we don't age in the in between" Lewis leaned back on his chair crossing his arms.

"We don't age physically but we age mentally and your aging quick"

"O— Okay that's enough" Mia stopped the two from creating another unneeded childish quarrel.

They went back to eating as suddenly one of the mice maids approached their table. "Sorry to interrupt but one of the injured patients has woken up" She informed the three.

During the celebration's ending some got injured by the flying rocks once the porvial tower collapsed. Mia, Sky and Lewis started to help them after sending the teens back to earth.

They returned to the plaza and brought everyone to the medical wing of the palace. The medical wing is used if there's any of the workers get sick or injured so they could be treated quickly.

Some got wounds on their arms, Some collapsed because of heat and anxiety and Some got harmed badly. "Its the browned haired boy that just got brought in two days ago" The maid added.

"He's tall and has deep wounds around his body as well i asked if he's okay but he didn't reply" She explained as Mia nodded.

"Did you get his name? Perhaps we could search the in between records to see who he is" Mia asked the mice as she shook her head.

"I tried to ask his name but his mouth only kept on mouthing something i couldn't figure out what it is"

"Thank you so much for informing us we'll visit him right away" Mia bowed as the Maid bowed back before leaving the breakfast table.

"Aw i hope that guy is okay" Sky sighed before taking another glass of orange juice.

"I think we should reach out to the all characters and ask if anyone they know is missing or hurt so we could send some medication and help find the missing ones" Said Mia before standing up from her chair.

"Whe- re- yo-u go-in-g?" Lewis asked between chews before standing up from his seat.

"I'm gonna go check the in between records and send out letters to everyone and make sure they're all safe" She answered opening the big door leading to the main hall.

"Sky what are you doing?" Mia looked back at the boy who was grabbing some pancakes and cookies stuffing it inside his shirt and hands.

"Oh you go ahead, i'll go visit the medical wing i want to make sure the guy is feeling alright and i bet he's really hungry too so i'll just give these to him after all i don't want to waste food" Sky smiled as Mia nodded.

"Adios" The boy happily skipped off to the medical wing leaving Mia and Lewis to go check the in between records by themselves.

The two entered this secret room inside the palace and started to check character records from the erased ones to maintained ones.

"I can't believe you memorized the palace halls already i don't even know where the bathroom is" Said Lewis opening the dusty drawers piled up on each other.

"I spent our first two days here navigating myself" Mia replied dropping a stack of papers on the floor. "i don't want to bother anyone asking for directions"

She started looking through everyone's profiles as Mia's attention shifted to the dwarf - elf "Agh!" Lewis dropped a piece of paper on the floor.

"Why? What happened?" Mia quickly stood up and looked at Lewis's hand.

"I don't know the paper stung me" He touched his finger as small white marks were left.

She gently picked up the paper and looked at it. The paper was ruined with scribbles and dried water marks. "Dat stoopid thang is useless" Lewis took a glance at the ruined paper.

"Which paper did you get this from?" She asked lifting the paper flipping it front and back to check if there's anything else on it.

"It came from that iron box" Lewis pointed as Mia went to it. But before she could even open it the door opened. They watched it open taking a few steps back.

"did you summon some magic or something?" Mia scanned the room looking for a sharp object.

"i don't know" Lewis shrugged hiding behind the girl. The record room isn't allowed to anyone except creators or people with given access.

As assistants of the in between the three are allowed to use any hidden room in the palace. And seeing the door open knowing they are the only three who had access is weird...

"WHAT IF THAT PIECE OF GARBAGE IS STILL ALIVE?" Lewis shouted still hiding behind the girl.

"Be quiet before I push you in front" Mia glared at him grabbing a thin log of wood from the fireplace.

Mia raised the log and waited for the person to arrive. Footsteps came closer as Mia gripped on the piece of wood tighter.

It's only been days since Elecrio's death and they should not be too sure. The man is dangerous, him ressurecting is the last thing anyone wants.

Footspets went closer and closer as Mia tightened her grip to the wood. And then the brown furred dog entered the room.

Mia dropped the wood in relief as Sky walked up to them. "So you checked on the person already?" She took a deep breath as Sky nodded.

"He's really silent when i arrived i thought he was dead since he's not moving a bit" Said Sky as Lewis facepalmed himself.

"I doesn't mean he's not moving he's dead" Lewis shook his head while Sky just shrugged.

"Sorry if i'm late this palace is a DAMN FORTRESS!" Sky took a seat on one of the red linen pouf's on the floor and made himself comfy.

"Did you see what he looked like? Is his wounds cleaned?" Mia asked taking all the papers she was looking at and stuffed it back in the folder.

"Ou his wounds looks like it was cleaned and was taken cared of but i really never saw what he looked like since he was facing the other way" Sky answered as he sunk in the fluffy pouf.

"Ohh.. i'll check on him and the other patients later today" Mia sat down on one of the chairs.

"Did you guys send out the notices already?" Sky asked

"Not yet" Lewis kept looking on his finger filled with white marks.

"Then what are you waiting for? I'll go get the parchment while you guys find some ink! This would be fun" Sky hurriedly stood up again and turned into a boy running outside the record room.

"Damn he's excited for every little thing...." Lewis placed his hands on his waist.

"Thats what makes him precious" Mia chuckled before taking the folder with her. "Lets go?" She added before walking out the room too.

Meanwhile back at earth like as said earlier the teens moved on from the in between but not forgetting about their adventure in it. It was a cold day in the village as Yeji woke from her bed.

The pass days were crazy with their schoolmates making stupid rumors about them and their disappearance to the police questioning where they were and what they were thinking.

Today was the final day before trimestral break and Yeji was excited. After a crazy twelve days in the in between she only wanted to do is get a rest from all of these and chill.

Yeji took the paper bag her mom prepared for breakfast and quickly went outside her home. She was greeted by Lia and Yuna who was awake bright and early ready for the last day before the break.

"Wow your early" Yeji chuckled as Yuna gave her jazz hands

"I couldn't wait for trimestral break" Lia wrapped her arm around Yeji's shoulder.

"Same here i would just lazily stay on my couch and watch on my tv" Yuna wiggled her brows

They waited for the bus as it arrived. Yuna entered the bus first greeting the driver. "Good morning paauaaauaauuauul" She said sitting down near the window.

"Mornin?" He raised a brow

Yeji and Lia hopped in the bus and took their seats. Not much soon Hueningkai popped out his head waving his hands "Hoiiiii! Final day before trimestral break ya'll" He happily clapped his hands.

"I see your excited" Lia placed down her backpack as Yeonjun and Soobin looked back behind their seats and greeted them.

"Morning i see your eating your mom's delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich" Yeonjun said looking at Yeji's sandwich.

"Can i hav— Here" Before Yeonjun could continue Yeji threw a paper bag in front of his face.

"I know you'd ask me" She added before taking a bite on her sandwich.

"Mm oh dang.. why could my mom make sandwiches like this?" Yeonjun licked his fingers enjoying the pb&j

"Can i have some" Soobin stared at Yeonjun's sandwich as the boy just turned away

"Don't worry here" Yeji threw another one to Soobin as he got excited.

"Heey how about me— You think i'll forget about you?" Lia widen her eyes seeing Yeonjun and Soobin get sandwiches as she didn't. Yeji cuts her off and handed another sandwich bag to Lia.

"How about you two?" Yeji raised two more paper bags as Hueningkai snatched it away.

"Okay who the heck is K. H? He keeps on posting a lot of false things on our school's online news page" Yuna scrolled through her phone checking every single report made about them.

"Ooooh? Give me that" Hueningkai took her phone away from her and looked at it.

SIX RUN AWAY KIDS RETURNS
Uploaded by K.H Six Hours Ago

Days ago six of our run away schoolmates has miraculously returned to school! They have went back to attending classes and has been catching up on missed academic works.

But what is really missing is where have they been? Is it true that aliens abducted them and returned robots? Or they're cult has been busted to the point they have to let it go and return to Cerulean?

Trimestral break begins soon do you think they'll tell the reason why they really disappeared from school? Tune in next time for new news about these six teens!

︎ 1,010 LIKES  |  165 COMMENTS

Hueningkai read the whole article and was disgusted by reading it. "Ew who uncultured Cerulean brat did this?" He returned Yuna's phone but before Yuna could even touch her device Yeji took it away.

"You two stop looking at screens while were moving you'll get dizzy" Yeji kept Yuna's phone at her pocket once again returning it to her later.

"Meh.. there's nothing new anyways" Yuna shrugged leaning back on her seat.

Hueningkai took out a notebook from his backpack as Yuna noticed. "Oh! Is that the welligram Lewis gave?" Yuna asked as Hueningkai hushed her.

"Stop saying their names out loud" He hushed taking a pen from his penguin pencil case.

"Your writing to them? But what if it doesn't work?" Yuna questioned

Hueningkai continued writing on the page as he finished. "It works i tried yesterday and Sky replied to me see" He lifted the book showing Yuna Sky's reply to him.

"Woah i wanna write" Yuna took his pen and wrote something.

"What the donkey is that" Hueningkai pointed at Yuna's drawing she drew beside her sentence.

"Its a smiley face" Yuna pressed the pen's top and returned it to Hueningkai.

"It looks more like a deformed rat to me" He mumbled before keeping the notebook inside his bag.

They arrived at school as they saw students crowding around the principal's door. "What's happening get away get away get away" Hueningkai shoved the students away to get a clear look.

"Kang Taehyun and Kim Haewan got called" One student replied

"KANG? Like as in K A N G?" Yuna spelled out loud as the student nodded

"OHH what did Haewan do i'll literally break his bones into pieces" Yeonjun punched his fist using his hands as the door opened.

The students scattered chattering to each other as Taehyun got out of the room. "What.. are.. you.. doing.. here.." Taehyun asked between breaths.

"You got called to the office?" Soobin raised his brow

"I reported Haewan for spreading mis-information" He replied making his way to his locker.

"But he's the nephew of the school founder" Yuna widen her eyes.

"Oh i don't care i also reported his bullying cases to the principal so no one in this school got the guts to do it" Taehyun crossed his arms

"Woah Kang Taehyun you've improved from the last time" Yeonjun playfully punched his shoulder

"Sometimes you have to go out your comfort zone and tell what is right and wrong"

Suddenly the bell rang, "See you later" Soobin waved running off to his first class with Yeji and Lia.
He faced back his locker and closed the door.

But before he could leave he saw two people in front of Beomgyu's locker. They were taking out his stuff and placing it inside this brown cardboard box.

It was the janitors cleaning out his locker space. The devastating news of their son's death reached to his parents.

Beomgyu's death really caused a pain not only to his parents but his grandma who was 82 years old. They didn't technically say he sacrificed himself.

And said in another way... Taehyun walked to his friends locker while holding on one of his backpack straps. "Mind if i help?" He asked

"You'll be late for class kid" The janitor replied blankly

"Its okay.. my first class starts thirty minutes later than anyone else since i have to attend meetings" Taehyun said as the janitor just shrugged.

"Fine drop it off at the office Mr. & Mrs. Choi will pick it up later" He rolled his eyes leaving with his fellow janitor.

Taehyun dropped his backpack and started to pack Beomgyu's stuff away...

School finished early today as the group got out of Cerulean quickly. "Heeeey!" Lia waved at Chaeryeong and Ryujin who was sitting outside waiting for them to come out.

After months they two finally returned home.. Chaeryeong and Ryujin was still adjusting to earth after all they stayed in the in between for a while.
"Are ya'll good to go?" Soobin asked.

Today they had planned to do something ever since the day they returned to earth. To bury the magical book that transported them into the world... They thought its better to hide the book somewhere no one really knows where it is.

"Mrs. Seo said she'll be meeting us at the old empty land behind the run down building" Taehyun kept his phone in his pocket.

"Isn't that the crackbrain lady?" Yeonjun crossed his arms

"A crackbrain lady that help us get to the in between" Taehyun looked at him

"What are we waiting for lets go" Hueningkai ran ahead of them.

The nine of them arrived at the old run down building waiting for the old woman to arrive. They waited for minutes almost to an hour as Yeonjun stood up and complained.

"Okay this woman is terrible at time" He shook his head can't believe its almost been an hour.

"Who SAID I'M TERRIBLE?" A voice suddenly spoke behind Yeonjun as he jumped scared.

Mrs. Seo arrived late than ever holding shovels and the book hanging on this piece of cloth wrapped around her body. "Mrs. Seo lovely to see you again" Lia smiled as she smiled back.

"Okeh lemmeh seeh oneh twoh thweh phor fib shix sebehn eight noihnth ahnd?" She started counting as she noticed one was missing.

"Ohh... roight... I'm soh sorreh fohr your lohst dahlins" Mrs. Seo looked at them around her

"Well lehts nuht whaste thime" She handed them shovels to use as they got to digging.

The teens thought maybe its better to hide the book so no one else could get in the world and get harmed. Even though they created friends and made unforgettable memories in the in between. Its better to hide the book so no one else will get hurt.

Mrs. Seo took the book out of the white cloth and carefully placed it inside the big hole they dug on the ground. They started to cover it again with soil making sure its there for good. Lia dropped her shovel and dusted off her hands.

"So this is it.. no more in between" She sighed

"No more risks.." Soobin added

"No more loses.." Yeji looked at the ground

"No more threats" Taehyun crossed his arms

"No more stupid dumbass Elecrio and his flying monkey Kean" Hueningkai rolled his eyes

"And no more trouble..." Chaeryeong sighed as they all returned the shovels to Mrs. Seo. "Thank you Mrs. Seo" They all bowed as she bowed back.

"Any time shweeties"She smiled "Before you all go i brought pie for us to eat" Mrs. Seo raised her basket filled with pie and orange juice.

They chuckled taking a seat on the ground eating Mrs. Seo's pie. It was the end of a chapter after all... and they finally can breath easily without worries...

Finishing up their snack they got ready to leave the old unused land. "I'll see you one week from now YALL NOW GOODBYE!" Hueningkai skiddadled out of there with Soobin.

"Oop i have to go too my mom is spamming me with emoji's damn i hate introducing internet to her" Yeonjun closed his phone and waved goodbye.

"Bye" Chaeryeong waved as Yuna asked something.

"Soo your back at earth... and you haven't been going to school for months... Will you join Cerulean? Please please please please please" Yuna begged at Chaeryeong and Ryujin.

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeease" She kneeled down as Chaeryeong helped her up. "I'll think about it" She smiled as Yuna jumped in happiness.

"You won't regret this" Yuna said pointing at them before waving goodbye with Lia and Yeji.

"Lets go?" Chaeryeong faced Ryujin as she nodded

"Wait a moment" Taehyun stopped them both from walking and approached Ryujin. "I know your taking Beomgyu's lost harder than any of us since he's your best friend" Taehyun stuck his hand in his pocket and started to take something out.

"And i know it will be hard to move on.. but instead of thinking about terrible heart breaking memories its better to remember and treasure the happy ones" He handed her a small photograph as Ryujin slowly took it.

"I was cleaning out his locker earlier and a photo fell from the door magnet... i decided to keep it and give it to you since i know what your feeling and i thought it will make you feel a bit better"

(I'm so sorry for its low quality i tried my best 😅)

Ryujin looked at the photograph that was taken a few years back before all of this even happened.
"Dang i look so young" She chuckled continuing to look at the picture.

"I told him to trash this ugly photo a lot of times but he never really did" Ryujin added as Chaeryeong held her by the shoulder.

She kept the photo in her pocket and looked at Chaeryeong "Thank you" Ryujin bowed at Taehyun as he bowed back at her.

The final three teens left the old land and so as Mrs. Seo but when the woman is getting ready to leave, the ground started to glow brightly.

She walked nearer to the soil as she saw it continuously glowing. Mrs. Seo shook her head and left the place too.

The book didn't stop glowing as a little boy who was walking around the place saw the ground lighting up brightly.

He raised a brow confused on what is happing and decided to touch the soil but luckily someone called him from behind making him stop.

"What are you doing here AISH!" The woman grabbed him by the ear and started to pull him away from there.

"Ow ow ow! Mom!" He yelped as the woman continued dragging him away.

"How many times i told you to get away from this place! Such a naughty boy you are!" She grunted

"But mooom the ground was glowing"

"Shut up and go back to cleaning the kitchen floor"

The boy rolled his eyes crossing his arms. He watched the glowing ground from afar as dark smoke started to come out of the soil.

Spikes rose up from the ground covering the certain place where the light was glowing. The boy widen his eyes seeing it happen "Mom! Look!"

"I said shut up or else i'm gonna seal your mouth with super glue" She lets go of his ear and looked at him madly. The woman took his wrist and started to drag him away completely.

The ground started to grow more spikes covering the buried book as dark smoke started to come out of there releasing up in the air.....

ENDING NOTE
Thank you so much for reading in between!
I know this book is really messily written and
i sometimes misspell or write the wrong names
for characters. But i hope you somehow liked
reading it...

I'm not the best in writing and i know i have
a lot of short comings at writing. If you'd like
please leave your opinions about in between
or the things i should change or improve in
since i would like to know my mistakes 😅

Again thank you so much for reading! I hope
you have a great day ahead take care and stay
safe always 😊💕

LILMOCHOI OUT ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.2K 2.4K 33
When the rising rookie girl group disappeared in thin air. But suddenly 5 girls that looks like them appeared out of nowhere, who could they be? The...
24.4K 1.3K 32
As you thought all the trouble is over it was just getting started... ITZY got back to the spotlight stronger than before. And for TXT they continued...
3.4K 218 33
They meet each other when they are kids they don't realize what is coming for them. They will meet the legendary creatures that everyone believed is...
6.5K 881 52
𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Soobin is done loving and Yeonjun just wants to love. Fate fucked him over again when he realized that he'd been growing hope...