ADORE YOU

By _awizardsway_

She was like art, exquisite & fascinating. Admired by many, yet he was the one who truly had the privilege to... More

COPYRIGHT
AESTHETIC
1โ€ขIntroductionโ€ข
2โ€ขFirst Meetโ€ข
3โ€ขThoughtsโ€ข
4โ€ขPlottingโ€ข
5 โ€ขConfidentโ€ข
6 โ€ขPayback's a Bitchโ€ข
7 โ€ขSurprisesโ€ข
8 โ€ขThe Announcementโ€ข
9 โ€ขThe Invitationโ€ข
10 โ€ขThe Galaโ€ข
11โ€ข Conciliationโ€ข
12 โ€ขPericulumโ€ข
14 โ€ข Principium โ€ข
15 โ€ข Dolor โ€ข
16 โ€ข The Proposal โ€ข
17 โ€ข High โ€ข
18 โ€ข Dangerous โ€ข
19 โ€ข Realisation โ€ข
20 โ€ข Is it a date? โ€ข
21 โ€ข Terror โ€ข
22 โ€ข Confessions โ€ข
23 โ€ข Afraid โ€ข
24 โ€ข Halycon โ€ข
25 โ€ข Falling โ€ข
27 โ€ข Calor โ€ข
28 โ€ข Hush hush โ€ข
29 โ€ข Home โ€ข
30 โ€ข Inked โ€ข
31 โ€ข Initiis Novis โ€ข

13 โ€ข Amicis โ€ข

136 18 7
By _awizardsway_

13

Amicis

a|n: Contains Mature Language

Mia's P.O.V.:

"So how was it?" Em asked in a relatively suggestive way, while Hannah was trying to raise an eyebrow which was rather comical as she can't do it. So she always gives up after a lot of trying and then raises both of them while covering one.

"Hannah you look stupid when you do that, and guys we were talking not canoodling" I mean what did they except.

"Haa, canoodling funny word I like it" Hannah and Em were laughing at the word as if they heard something preposterous.

" I mean we just talked and it was good actually, Caelum really did think this through" the guy was a nice conversationalist so as of now when we had cleared our confusion I was looking forward to talking with him.

"Seriously you guys had the whole night and you 'talked' only you can do that especially when you are stick with such a hunk of a man" Hannah surprisingly was rooting for us to have sex which was weird cause she wasn't like that.

"Okay you guys are pressing too much, now seriously tell me what were you guys upto"my voice was stern as if not wanting to hear anymore of nonsense, which exactly was my mood. Hey try to to sleep on the floor then you'll know.

They both looked at each as if they knew there wasn't any escape and deciding who should be the first one to be open up.

"Well, you see we had placed a bet all of us that what were you going to do the whole night" Em explained carefully as if she was testing waters, while I heaved a sigh.

"Why do you guys do that, okay now I know what you must have bet seeing as the weird question you asked, what did the others bet and how much?" both seemed more nervous now.

"See, Alex and Anna bet that you would ask each other on date, Augustine thought nothing was going to happen and you'll end up fighting more, me and Em thought you would have sex, clearly you guys are disappointment. We lost 50 dollars man." What a load of crap, the hell Anna and Alex were thinking there was clearly no chance that was happening, hopeless romantic asses. Whom am i kidding I am too one of them.

And Em and Hannah were clearly not thinking with their heads and we were disappointments seriously bitch, Augustine's was probably the one which would have been ruled out as a possibility. 

" Do you guys not know me at all I mean seriously and Hannah why didn't you bet what Augustine did that actually makes more sense." they both look at me as if all of this was my fault. "Em was the one who thought that and I clearly supported her like a sister unlike you bitch cause I follow our rule 'bros before hoes' " she talked with a dramatic flare and pointing at me as if I had defied a sacred rule which was but it was not even my fault.

"And about we not thinking was because you clearly had a ability to lose your mind when ever Aiden is near and same goes for him so I thought you might do something you won't normally and plus you were stuck with the Aiden King, woman would kill you to be in that position" I would never do that guaranteed I can act a bit of weird around him but that doesn't mean I would sleep with him. 

"Speaking of the people you would try to kill me to take my place, bitch I'll have my knives ready" I mean come on I would bitch slap them.

Wait a minute I am missing something or rather someone.

"What did Caelum bet?" I know he probably would have bet something worse. " As much as I don't like it he bet that you won't have sex because in his tone Aiden was too pure for that and both of you are cowards when it comes to asking each other on date so you would most likely be good acquaintances" Em and Hannah were horrified that Caelum got something right that they didn't.

"Now that I can think of it, seems he was quite logical though it is hard to believe as I have never seen him act like one in your case" Em admitted it quite bitterly. "Well it seems it was Caelum's day yesterday he got his way in everything" he would act quite cocky for that.

" But seriously I feel like an idiot for fighting him for a stupid misunderstanding, god why would I do that" clearly I was more of an idiot here, though he didn't try to clear himself but then too what I did after that was baseless.

" And I stand correct, remember I told you in the first day only that it was so unlike him. Cause okay he is arrogant but not to everyone, the guy is like a teddy bear when you get to know him  but you weren't ready to listen" Hannah was smug as she was right in something I wasn't clearly I should have listened to her.

"Okay now I kno-" I was cut off in the mid sentence by the blaring of my phone. "Oh my god its mum, I forgot to call her the whole week and before that I am going to die. Hannah you pick up the phone and tell her that I went the washroom or something"I start to panic I mean I can't even imagine what she would do to me.

"Stop being a baby and pick up the phone" Em forces me to pick up the phone. "Hey mum, how are you?" I ask nervous evident in my tone.

"Oh so now you remembered that you have a mum, what happened to calling her you lost her phone or something" I knew she was going to throw all the taunts in world at me.

"Yes, actually I dropped my phone in a cake batter Hannah was baking last week" yes this excuse can work amazingly. "If I remember correctly Hannah had cleared banned all the stuff that wasn't going to be used for cooking after Em had lost her airpods  in the batter" Damn you both idiots.

"I am so sorry mom it was just the past to weeks have been crazy I mean many things have happened" I was busy figuring out what the hell was happening but I kind of feel ashamed that I couldn't remove 10 mins for a call.

"It is fine, but the next sunday you have to visit me" she asks or threatens me. " Promise mom I'll surely come, is Zach there I can hear his voice" my brother's annoying voice was blasting in the background.

"Yeah he is and saying that he is clearly the better child than you as he visits us more than often while your dad is shouting at him saying you are better but I think you both are equally useless" ah he is trying to set a fight again bet he only told mom to call me and shout at me.

"Could you pass the phone to dad" I was 100% a daddy's girl, my dad was strict enough but I was kind of exceptions in some cases not many but some. 

"Hey dad how are you?" I was sure he was also going to shout at me and I was correct.

"You have started to forget your father, munchkin. Are we getting old for you" here comes the guilt tripping. I don't know why but my family was famous in guilt tripping each other like crazy I just don't like it when I am on the receiving end of it. "I am sorry dad it is just the work is getting too much here you know how much I love to talk to you guys" I try to balance the situation.

" Don't stress much Mia, we don't you to fall ill do we now? Anyways how is your work going, I heard you shifted to the Kings for new project how is that going" my whole family was very protective of me because I was premature baby and as a result had many complications and was difficult to survive but I got lucky, since then everyone was very protective of me, they never stopped me from doing what I wanted but just I had to look after myself.

"It is going great dad, I am getting to learn more, meet new people and besides working with them is also an nice opportunity." I was going to speak more but someone decided to poke their abnormally large nose in. "Hey there she devil, see mom knows I am the better child" ladies and gentlemen my loving brother.

"Oh really should I tell her how you broke her favourite vase while playing football in the house or at the time you broke the new china or-" he cuts me off as I start to list," Okay I get it no need to tell mom, you got me besides I am not the only one who broke something"he threatens me.

From there we both talk for hour, it kind of felt good to rant all of my problems to him. It felt like I was a teen again when we used stay up till late and talk on the roof when things were going down be it marks, breakups, fights with friends or family. We both listened to our problems, and he always had the best opinion.

The next day I woke up with a bright start, with a hope that from now the work will be exactly how  wanted rather than having a sour mood, I would look forward to it. Though I liked working earlier too but our fights and glares was dampening my moods. But now that we both are on good terms working will be fun I'll get to learn more, something that I was looking forward too.

As I reach my office I gather my files and rush to Aiden's office which he had asked, we had to visit the site today again I still remember the last time which was quite daring on my part regarding what I had done and also had my head was saved from getting smashed.

I knock on his door and enter as he answers we greet each other while he goes through the file I bought, "Miss Warren I hope you have no problem in coming in my car to the site" he asks suddenly  startling me.

"Pardon me" I was confused whether I heard the right thing or not. "Well it seems you are always the one to drive me I thought it would be fair enough if I take my car, I am a fairly good driver if that is what you are worried about" well okay, but it was kind of weird as I had never travelled in his car.

"No, no its fine I just-" he cut me off, "Weird that I asked you don't overthink Miss Warren it is just a normal courtesy which apparently I didn't use earlier given the reasons, useless but you get it I think" I know we were good now but I didn't thought that he would joke around.

"Well someone is in a good mood, and to be fairly certain it was kind of exciting to play the game with you" he grins amused by my answer.

"Only you would say that, and talking about the challenge this is the last week it seems."he says collecting his suit jacket and coming by my side.

"So if my memory serves right I was supposed to leave but I am still here. It seems you are loosing Mr King" I playfully tease him while standing close to me though he still felt like a mammoth.

" Huh, but I was never the one to loose, but I think I can make an exception especially when the person against is quite deserving" I think I am dreaming, him admitting his defeat is another reason but the way he is acting is something else, it seemed he was some different person, good different.

We were now in his car while he drove, he had told Alan that he would drive I don't know why he did that, but it was a sight to see he had abandoned his suit jacket so his muscles were quite visible flexing under his white shirt, blue eyes staring straight ahead at the road.

Whoa Mia snap out of it idiot.

"Huh it seems you are an okay driver not that good" he laughs while giving me side glance. "Thanks for the input, I'll work on it" he goes along with my joke.

"So how was Caelum after Hannah scolded him" I ask him curiously, while he laughs as if recalling the whole incident.

"Well I talked to him yesterday, he is officially banned from Hannah's kitchen" from their he tells Caelum's misfortune of having asked Hannah the worst question and her reaction afterwards.

By the end of it I was in tears, literally. "Oh my god, trust Caelum to ask that question" it seems we had reached to the hotel, each time I come here the tall building doesn't fail to fascinate me also the  surrounding of a giant greek statue and lush surroundings amazes me.

Though the interior work is going on the whole architecture is astonishing.

He gets out of the car while coming over to my side and opening the door, " I just hope that something doesn't fall on my head, last time was saved" I joke while he looks nothing but serious.

"Don't worry none of that will happen again" he says quite determinately. "Well I hope not but you don't know that" I mean surely he doesn't have sixth sense to know that he was saying it that much confidence. "I just know it"okay I don't want to start a fight over something illogical.

As usual Mr lee was their to greet us, while we were discussing Aiden's phone began to ring excusing himself he leaves me with Mr Lee.

After coming back, Aiden looked quite distressed probably regarding the call he had received cause as far as I know he was fine before the call. While Mr lee was talking Aiden was not quite into it and his mind seemed else where.

" Mr lee We will take our leave now Mr king had told me that he had a meeting to attend" I gave Aiden a side eye glance as if to agree with me, cause honestly he looked like a lost puppy.

"Yes I have a meeting that I totally forgot about" seriously he had to use sarcasm now. We take our leave from there while Aiden stops in the middle, "What was that about how can you just end our meeting. I told him earlier that there would be no meetings cause I had many things to talk about" okay he was a little bit angry now which I was accepting I mean I won't be happy for what I did back there.

"Okay in my defense, I didn't knew that and you clearly didn't had your head in what he was talking. You looked quite disturbed." he contemplates as if to thank me or scold me more.

"Was I that easy to read ?" he asks concerned. "No I think you did a good job in covering but I somehow guessed it" I explain myself while he still seemed that his  mind was somewhere else.

"You should go clearly you have an issue to solve and don't try to deny it" I warn him when he tries to deny himself. "I should probably go, but I don't think that the problem is quite easy to solve" I have never seen him like this, the enigmatic person before me looked completely helpless.

"Hey you need not to tell me what the problem is but the thing is you can't just except that thing are always going to be the way you want or the problems are easily solvable just because you have the power and money. But what is more important is that you don't lose hope, cause that is the only thing that would get you through things. There will be a day when finally uncover what ever your problem is till then keep going" he visibly relaxed at my words well it seemed that  helped him. " Yeah I guess you are right, thanks that actually worked" he says flashing me a smile.

"You know what might work in such a situation, talk with someone rant out how you are feeling. Don't keep emotions pent up, they end up eating you from inside"the best way to solve any issue is to talk, tell the people close to you that things aren't working. It helps to you acknowledge your feelings rather than pushing them down or ignoring them.

"I'll take that advice, you know you are good at this. Consoling people down" he complements me. "I know that" I say cockily while he rolls his eyes.

While talking I don't see the materials lying before me and trip down my face kissing the ground.

Oh god I fall down in front of Aiden and all the workers, oh the embarrassment.

Aiden looked torn between laughing and helping, he choose to laugh while helping nice choice. He gathered the files that were scattered, while I was laughing sitting on the ground. He offered me his hand, while I took it he pulled me up abruptly my hands clasped his suit jacket while his hands on my waist were shooting tingles all through out my body which led me to tighten my hold on him. I don't know but his close proximity was always somehow enough to make me breathless, it was not just that he was enough to make me loose my senses it seems Em was right after all.

"Are you okay, can you walk" he asks looking at me for any injuries. "Ya I'm still alive, relax I fall like that many times but just not in public. And yes I can walk" As soon a I leave him and take a step pain shoots through my right ankle, it seems I had sprained it. I stumbled though Aiden is quick to hold my waist and preventing another fall. He gives me a 'seriously' look, "Okay it seems I can't walk"his hand still at my waist he bends down clasping his another hand at the back of knees. Picking me up in a bridal style, when I try to object he gives me a look as if telling me to shut up. Giving up I let him carry me, honestly being in his arms was weirdly satisfying.

He walked us towards his car, I opened the door and he helped me sit while strapping the seat belt. He moved back my hair that was on my face, resting his palms against my cheek while I unconsciously leaned into his hand. His gaze on my face fascinated while studying as I looked into his ocean blue eyes which I had begin to adore. He snapped out of the trance and walked towards the other side of the car.

"Well as I said before you can't always prevent things from happening." I try to take of my mind from the pain. "It seems that you like proving me wrong, you seriously need to look while walking."he said the last part being oddly serious. "I am fine besides as I said earlier this isn't my first time falling and certainly not going to be last" I wasn't that clumsy but I had my list of falls.

"Was that supposed to make me feel better cause it didn't work" why was he being so serious about it. "Anyway, it seems we'll have to pay the doctor a visit" wait, why a doctor.

"Aiden I am fine it is just a sprain, I'll apply some ointment and take a pain medication there is no need to visit a doctor"I had not broken my leg to visit a doctor.

"No, Mia we need to get you checked out" he argues with me. "Aiden I have dealt with this before" he looked conflicted, well it wasn't going to win the argument. "Okay fine, you can take the rest of day off I'll drive you to your house. I'll have someone else drop your car and other stuff now don't argue with that" his tone was enough to shut me up.

Once we reached near my apartment, he stopped the car and came over to my side opening the door. "Aiden I can go from here, you have helped enough besides you have somewhere important to be" as soon as I get out of the car, the strain on my ankle increases due to walking which leads me muttering a string of profanities. I look at Aiden who was trying to control his laughter, it seems I have become a laughing stock for him. 

"You can't even walk then too you are being stubborn, it won't kill you to ask for help" he muses.

Luckily I had my keys in the pocket, otherwise I would had to call Em. I opened the door and walked in with his help and sat on the couch. "Thanks, for your help Aiden. I would have offered you something but well" I trail off while he was quick to deny.

"Its fine, now tell me where the first aid box is. And don't even try to argue cause you are in no position to do that" he says when I try to resist, well it seems people don't listen to me.

"Okay fine, its in the kitchen. Rightside top shelf" he goes in the kitchen while I try to make myself comfortable on the couch. Aiden comes back with the box while crouching down near me, this feels like a deja vu.

"What are you doing?" I ask him as he takes my ankle his hand. "Uh applying medicine to your ankle which you sprained" he sasses.

"I know what you are doing, I am just saying that I can do you have helped me enough" plus I was feeling a bit of awkward with him applying medicine. 

"What is with you and not wanting to take the help, god dammit why you are so stubborn?"he asks irritated. "It is not that, I am feeling a bit of awkward taking your help since you know I work for you" I finally admit though what he said was also true, I am damn stubborn to ask someone for help.

"Wasn't that you worked with me and not for me?"he smirks as if knowing he caught me. "You remembered that?" I mean as far as my memory serves I said to me during the meeting which was along time ago.

"I remember everything, its hard to forget about the things you say" he said intently his blue eyes locked on me, I was surely blushing right now while the damn butterflies made their entrance.

"Besides, I think we all that has happened we are way past acquaintance. You think of  me as your friend" huh so we are friends now, nice I like it. With that he takes my leg while applying some ointment to it. "Oh lord, that burns like hell" I wince as the medicine starts to burn.

"Is it okay now?" he says while blowing on that area, which lead me to squirm in my sit due to the cold air. With his hands on my leg while his face close to my feet, I tried not to shiver. He is surely going to be the death of me.

While it didn't take away the burning it sure did lessen it, "Yes its fine now" I squeaked because of the situation I am in. I took some painkillers while he offered me a glass of water.

"Aiden can you help me to walk to my room"I let go my pride and ask him I mean I was sleepy I didn't wanted to wake up with a backache.

"Glad you asked"with that he picked me up again and I told him where my room was. I was glad I cleaned my room yesterday,cause honestly it was  mess with all the files, clothes and books lying around.

The way my room turned out after designing was something I loved. It was a contrast of dark teal and white color, my queen sized bed was white in color and in the middle of the room. Luckily I had enough space in the room, so the dressing table was to the right of the bed and the other side had a bedside table. The left of the bedroom had a big window which had small plats on the either side and also the balcony. I had a big book shelf on the opposite wall of the bed. While the right side of the room had my closet. 

He laid me on the bed as I pulled the white fluffy comforter over me. He admired the room, while his gaze was stuck on the wall of the bed. "You are a Harry Potter fan?" he asked looking at it.

It was one of the thing that I loved, as I was good in calligraphy I wanted to use it besides I also wanted to showcase my love for HP. I had written 'always' on that wall, and was quite proud of how it turned out.

"Yup, are you? I hope you answer in yes or otherwise I don't think this friendship would last" I mean come on who doesn't love HP. "Okay, I like it" huh I can work with it. "Whoever wrote it is amazing" he complements. "Thanks for the complement" he looked surprised when I said that. "You did it well It is beautiful" I thank him again.

"You take care of your self okay, you can tomorrow off if you want" he says while adjusting my comforter. "No I'll be fine, now go you have to reach somewhere I already feel bad enough for making you wait so much" I said.

"Okay Fine I'll go now" before he can leave I catch his wrist making him turn around with a questioning look in his eyes. "I don't know what problem it is Aiden but I am sure it will pass away" I try to console him, cause the earlier look of helplessness was terrifying me as I never imagined him to be like that.

"How can you be sure of that? How do you know that something bad won't happen?" he uses his words carefully as if not to spill any secrets, while his eyes clearly reflected the pain he was in and honestly I kind of felt bad for him. 

"I don't know whether something bad won't happen or not cause we don't know our destiny. But what I know is that you will try everything to make things right, just remember not to loose yourself in the turmoil. And remember I'll be there for you" he looks that those words were enough for him to give him some kind of strenght, that he was ready to fight the battle before him. Well words do have a powerful impact.

"Thanks I appreciate it and I think your advises kind of are a great help" he says with a strange look of admiration in his eyes, a look that made my heart stop for a second.

"Now you take rest,bye" with that he left leaving me alone in the room but his presence could still be felt due to the smell of his cologne that lingered in my bedroom as if had unknowingly imprinted himself in each corner. It was kind of a dangerous territory for me, as I felt myself developing a crush on him. I hope that is only a small while thing, otherwise it would be a big problem for me.

Still in his thoughts I didn't knew when sleep overpowered my senses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mia sprained her leg, clumsy people. Glad Aiden was there to look after her.

So they are both already getting cosy. Do you think Mia will accept her feelings or deny it? What had Aiden so worried?

Make sure to vote and comment guys.

Happy reading...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 1.4K 30
When a depressed and heart broken Ella went to New York to be far away from home, she never thought she would accidentally got into the life of Maxwe...
573 16 8
๐–๐ˆ๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐๐€๐‚๐€๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ everyone knows who she is. Worldwide model, covered in many vogue magazines, walked catwalks, and runaway. But people don...
4.1K 72 17
Scarlett is 25 years old. She was trained to be an assassin. After four years of doing to correctly she ended up shot. She almost lost her life. Whe...
25K 685 55
MATURE LANGUAGES/SWEARS AND CURSES #*@#.๐Ÿ’‹ MATURE CONTENTS ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ A twisted story filled with drama, comedy, terror, sex, love, hate and power...