The 'Bot to my Spark

By jessetheautobot

||ENDED|| Thank you guys so much for reading my cringe! I owe it to all of you ^^ !!WARNING!! If you are belo... More

Intro
Adoption
The Rescue Bots
Camping Trip
Overprotective Bumblebee
Burglaries
Dani
Friends or something else?
Kidnapped
Cooperation
Collapsing Building
The Book
Controlled
Team Prime
Snow Day
Surprises
18 - Miku
19 - Heatwave
Unfortunate news...
The Velgrox
Decision

The 'Deception'

193 6 2
By jessetheautobot

  In the middle of the night, we received a call from a jewelry shop owner. Cody did not wake up after all that commotion. I'm surprised that he is such a heavy sleeper.

  All of the Rescue Bots woke up from their recharge. No one was fully energized, not even me. I was in the state that I was half awake but half asleep. Emergencies usually don't happen in the middle of the night for us. "Emergency... ugh... dispatch..." I yawned in the middle of receiving the call. "NO TIME FOR YAWNING, MISSY! OUR JEWELS ARE STOLEN!" The caller screamed. Usually, this would shock me till I wake up, but this time it didn't work. "We're on our way," I declared before hanging up. "What is it?" Chief Burns asked. "Stolen jewels in the jewelry shop," I said, yawning. "Can someone slap me until I wake up fully? I can't work if I'm in this state," I asked with a tired expression. Suddenly, I got smacked from the back without warning.

  I woke up after a few seconds of being slammed to the wall hard. "Sorry," Heatwave apologized. I laughed. "I'm sure that woke everyone up," I said. "Rescue Bots, roll to the rescue!" Heatwave declared.

  I rode in Heatwave just in case he falls asleep. We arrived at the jewelry store. "Step out calmly with your hands in the air!" Chase calls out once Chief set foot on the floor. All of a sudden, Chase was shot by a powerful blaster. "This isn't just a robbery," I muttered to myself.

  "We know you have a human-fox living with you. Turn her in, and we will give Kade back, along with the riches stolen," a robber from the inside spoke in a loudspeaker. "Miku, whatever you do, do not think about it," Heatwave snapped. "Chase is hurt. He's bleeding, bad," I said. "What do we do?" Heatwave asked. "I'm sending you a list of instructions on how to treat Chase after this," I told Heatwave. "Okay, what do we do ne-" I cut him off by jumping outside with my hands in the air.

  "That is the face we want to see," the other robber chuckled. "Now give us what you owe us," I shouted. The gang laughed out loud. "Come to us so we can cuff you up, then we will release whatever we had stolen," the taller robber (I assume is the leader) spoke. I walked towards them slowly. Heatwave began revving his engine and turning his lights up to the highest level. "Fire-bot, deactivate rescue mode," I snapped at him.

  What they didn't know was that I had invented two new things for myself when situations like this arrive. A pair of invisible glasses that can help me scan the whole building for items I need to search for; two skin-color gauntlets for my hands that contain weapons inside.

  When they were about to cuff me, I summoned a blaster and shot the floor. That shocked the robbers. I ran inside the jewelry and into a bathroom stall. "Guys, listen closely to me," I tapped into the comm-unit.

  "Chief Burns, Dani, and Graham distract the robbers. Walk up to them and beg them to release Kade. They would definitely push you away. As they push you away, grab their walkie-talkies. There are about ten other people hidden around you guys. Go, now!

  "Heatwave, I have activated a hologram inside you. Reverse and find another way into the jewelry store.

  "Blades and Boulder, there is a hologram inside you as well. Scare off the people hidden in the bushes. There are 5 people on each side. Only left and right. They can't see you approaching if you have your lights off.

  "I will be getting Kade. Trust me on this one."

  I ran to the second floor where I saw Kade and a few bags of items. "I'm getting you out of here, you may feel dizzy and nauseatic for a while," I told him as I cut the ropes binding him and picked him up to teleport him back to the firehouse. I teleported again to get the bags of items back to the firehouse. Teleportation could drain my power energy level drastically, and I may end up dying as well.

  At the last teleportation, I teleported in front of the building and collapsed.

  When I woke up, I was back in my room. I have a bandage on my right hand and another one at both of my knees. I slowly got up with crutches beside my bed. The first thing I saw when I opened the door was Heatwave lying down facing my door in recharge. I smiled. I walked carefully towards him and lightly tapped his helm. He slowly opened his optics. "Miku, you're alright," he said sweetly. My room was located at the bunker, so I could see the rest of the Rescue Bots and the Burnses too.

  "What happened last night?" I asked after everyone celebrated. "Allow me to assist you," Chase offered.

  "Boulder managed to release a sound wave that causes the robbers to faint. Chief Burns had time to cuff up the robbers. When you collapsed, our team managed to patch me up."

  "The thieves that had been doing this? It was a plan to take over Griffin Rock," Chief Burns added. "Their group was called 'Deception'," Graham continued. "Does the town know about yesterday?" I asked timidly. "No, we kept your secret, as well as the Rescue Bots'," Dani assured me. I sighed in relief. "Did I mention that Heatwave was the one who transported you back home?" Dani added sneakily. "Dani, I'm sure you always blush whenever you see Taylor," I argued back. "Dani, can we just... not talk about relationships here?" Heatwave asked, crossing his arms.

  I was invited to an interview with the criminals by Chief Burns so that I could find out how they knew about human-foxes. Speaking of which, human-foxes were first seen in Griffin Rock in 1649. The residents never liked them because of how they look and how they act. However, that became a myth over the years. So far, there aren't any human-fox sightings going around.

  "Tell us what do you know about human-foxes," Chief Burns started. I sat beside him while the gang was seated at the opposite side of the long table.

  "Why do you need that information? Obviously, we wouldn't want to disclose that information," one spoke.

  "Tell us, now," I instructed firmly.

  "It's not like we have a chance to escape anyway," the other said.

  "Fine. Do you know the human-fox legend? We are the hunters. We've seen one close to the firehouse, and we suspected that it was you," the leader, who introduced himself as Vex, spoke.

  "What did you see? When was it?" Chief Burns asked.

  "A girl with fox ears and tail. She jumped around at night around the firehouse as if it's an obstacle course," Vex answered.

  "Miku?" Chief Burns called me.

  I didn't know how to react. I sat there saying nothing for a few seconds.

  "Continue, Vex," Chief Burns urged.

  "But that's not just because we are hunters of the human-foxes. We are old enemies with Kade Burns. He bullied us so much in school, that we had to show him what we're made of," Vex added.

  When we got back home, I noticed Heatwave pacing back and forth nervously. He was deep in thought that he didn't see Chief, Chase, and I have returned. I transformed into my bot mode and tapped his shoulder. He jumps, landed on a bucket, and smashed into the storage room, where most of our cleaning supplies are kept. A bucket ended up on his helm.

  "You're jumpy," I commented.

  "Next time, don't sneak up on me," Heatwave groans.

  "Well next time pay close attention to your surroundings so you won't get jumpy," I said. I walked up to him and removed the bucket from his helm. He was looking away quite pissed. I laughed. That's the kind of face I need after such a tense moment. I helped him get up and rearrange the storage room. 

  "Thanks," Heatwave said. 

  "Maybe after all of these burglary problems, you got tired and lost focus on some things," I said, "You need some recharge. I'll ask Chief to give you a day off."

  "I don't need any recharge. I'm fine," Heatwave insisted.

  "Don't say I didn't warn ya," I said.

  I was on my warrior training when the alarm blared. We went back up to the garage. "We have a fire to sort out today. Miku, you're riding with Heatwave. Kade is still sick after last night," Chief instructed. I nodded. I transformed into my human form and got into Heatwave. 

  "Rescue Bots, roll to the rescue!"

  Within two minutes, we arrived at a factory. Most of the workers were evacuated. Coincidentally, today is the day when school children visit factories, which means there may be small kids still inside. "Graham! Command my bot, I'm going in to rescue some kids!" I shouted as I ran in. I could hear Heatwave spraying water at the fire surrounding me. Suddenly, a splash of water started to aim for me. I moved away all drenched in water. I ran to the toilet where two kids are inside screaming for help. 

  "Don't panic, I'm here to help," I said calmly as I reached my hands out to the two of them. They grabbed tight as I pull them out of the area. 

  "Miss! Joe and Dave are coming out with a firefighter!" A small child called out as we came out of the fire safely. 

  I led the kids to their teacher. Let's just say I was tossed into a pile of fame, which Kade could have earned if he wasn't sick. He's going to be jealous once I return. 

  "Heatwave, did you spray water on me on purpose?" I asked Heatwave on the way home.

  He didn't respond. Neither can I see his face at the monitor.

  "Heatwave! Are you sleep-driving?" I yelled.

  Heatwave woke up in shock. He nearly hit a pedestrian.

  "Heatwave! Are you okay?" I asked with my heart beating at my throat.

  "Yeah, sorry. I went into recharge without knowing," he replied with a tired expression.

  "I told you to take a day off! You can't just stress yourself out," I shouted at him, "I'll do the driving. Stay still." 

  When we returned home, I got off Heatwave. I could hear someone snoring. I looked at Heatwave. He still hasn't transformed. I slapped his right hand. The snoring stopped. "Wake up. Talk to Chief for a while," I suggested. He groaned in complaint. "Let me recharge for a while longer," he groaned. I sighed. "Chief!" I called out. 

  After a short chat with Chief, Heatwave woke up again and finally transformed. "Something's wrong with Heatwave, don't you think?" Chief asked me. I nodded. "He kept waking up. What's bothering him so much?" I asked. When I turned around, I find Heatwave laying on the floor completely out. "Heatwave?" I called out. "What's wrong with hot-head bot here?" Dani asked. "He's probably too tired, according to my scans," I said. "Rescue Bots, carry Heatwave to his berth room. He's having a day off today," I instructed. 

  I walked into Heatwave's berth room to make a quick checkup again. His Spark is doing okay, but his mind has worked out its last energy. I transformed into my bot mode to make sure my scannings are correct. Suddenly, Heatwave started grunting. He's having a nightmare? Impossible, I thought to myself. I had a special ability which I didn't know until now. I could enter people's minds while they are sleeping to see what kind of dreams they are having.

  I looked around. There was fire everywhere. Someone was spraying water at the fires.

Is that Heatwave?

  He seems to be leaking his optics. "Buddy, please! I know you're still there!" He yelled in tears. I have never seen him so sad before.

  No bot could see me. When I looked closer at everything, I found myself running around with Bumblebee. Is this a memory? I paid close attention to Heatwave. "Heatwave!" A mech shouted. "I'm coming!" With that, he abandoned his mission to look for his... friend? "I called you... because I know that I won't make it through this stupid war," his friend strained. "No, I can get you to Ratchet. Just hang on!" Heatwave yelled. He attempted to carry his friend but ended up dropping him. "Run," is the last word his friend ever told him. The dream was ending, I had to leave before I get stuck in Heatwave's mind forever. 

  I found myself lying on Heatwave. He woke up a few seconds after I did. He stared at me as he got much bluer. "Heatwave, are you okay?" I quickly asked. "I'm... fine... What are you doing here?" He asked, looking away. "I uhh... I came in to perform a quick checkup on you. Suddenly, you started grunting. I assumed that you have a bad dream so I decided to go check it out. Sorry," I said, standing up. Heatwave pushed me back down. "Honestly speaking, it feels nicer to have somebot here," he admitted. I smiled. "Do you still want to go back to recharge?" I asked. "If you stay here, I might," he replied. 

I spent the rest of the night there. Let's just hope I don't wake up from fangirl screams.

A/N:
I don't really care if this book did not have much attention. It's something I feel like writing it out. Heatwave kinda went out of character here but this is how I interpret him if he spends time with someone who he cares alone. Even if in a not-romantic sense, he would still appreciate the company, just that he wouldn't blush.

Oops did I say that too loud?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81K 2.7K 21
You were a newly recruited cop and had been assigned to Griffin Rock. Apparently, everything here was under control, but they wanted a younger office...
12.8K 280 16
Sometimes life can take a wrong turn and leaves you to wonder "what did I do wrong". Well, Glacia always thinks of that one little sentence for the p...
18.8K 351 13
After Blades, everyone knew that it could happen to anyone... They just weren't expecting Heatwave to be next. Heatwave likes to get work done withou...
26K 472 12
They thought it was just a myth, nothing more. But Blades is proof it is real, and with that comes new dangers. But the greatest danger comes when th...