๐“๐Ž ๐‡๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐๐€๐‚๐Š...

By _KRXPTX_

"๐ˆ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐š๐ง ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐, ๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐š... More

TO HELL AND BACK
PART I | THE HUNTER EXAM
ARRIVAL x AND x INTRODUCTIONS
UNFATEFUL x ENCOUNTER
UNEXPECTED x TASK
BIT x OF x MAGIC
THE x TRICK x TOWER
KILLING x TIME
DREAMS x AND x DEMONS
TROUBLE x FINDS x YOU
FRIENDSHIPS x AND x FEELINGS
FINAL x PHASE
FAREWELL x FOR x NOW
PART II | HEAVENS ARENA
TO x THE x TOP
WE x MEET x AGAIN
PLAN x OF x ATTACK
ELECTRIC x SHOCK
RECOVER x AND x REGROUP
PRICKLY x GUEST
MASTER x AND x STUDENT
ASSASSINATION x JOB
MISSION x ABORTED
HISOKA x VS x KASTRO
SURPRISE x SURPRISE
ONE x STEP x CLOSER
WOLF'S x DEN
PROMISE x ME
DEATH x MATCH

ZEVIL x ISLAND

1.3K 61 26
By _KRXPTX_

Kira ~

Phase three of the exam was finally over. The examiners led us onto a ferry, bound for the next phase. I sat next to Hisoka, as the boat rocked back and forth gently. I couldn't remember exactly what had happened last night. But I was sure it was something rather shocking. And Hisoka knew, but wouldn't tell me. The moment I brought it up, he smiled and changed the topic, pretending that nothing had happened. But something must've. Or he wouldn't be acting this way. He seemed a bit different. I noticed he was more aware around me, more observant. On top of that, he kept staring into space, as if trying to figure out something. I didn't know he was capable of deep thinking, but what a pleasant surprise.

Still, it bothered me. Last night, I thought I saw... No, it couldn't have been. He's gone. Long gone. As much as I hated it, a part of me still clung painfully onto the single strand of foolish hope.

"Hisoka?" I had to find out.

"What is it, Sweetheart?" He seemed to drift back to reality. I could see it in his eyes, that I've interrupted a deep thought.

"What happened last night?" I asked earnestly. "Please, I really have to know."

He sighed and gave in. "Fine. Last night in the tower, I think you had a nightmare, which left you a little startled. It was probably a just side effect of the Felen venom. I guess it was your reaction that shocked me a little. That's all."

I couldn't suppress the disappointment that came over me. I remembered the nightmare too vividly. It was the same one that had haunted me for years. However, this time was different. I vaguely recalled waking up, and seeing Kyros. He held me as I cried, telling me everything was alright. But I guess it was just a dream.

"You okay?" Hisoka inquired, turning to look at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I quickly replied. "Thanks."

"Anytime." He winked. "By the way, who's your target?"

"Number 34. That guy there." I pointed to a man with spiky green hair, and some kind sword strapped to his belt. "What about you?"

"Not telling you." He teased mischievously, sticking out his tongue. Is he making fun of me?

"Hey, that's not fair!" I whined in protest. "I told you mine, you stupid clown!"

"I prefer magician, if you don't mind." He corrected, with an air of self importance. "And I prefer to think of myself as above average, in terms of intelligence. Besides, I didn't even say I'd tell you."

Damn, I got played. No, he's not getting away with this.

Lunging forwards, I grabbed him by the collar with one hand, and pulled him violently towards me. "Now listen here, you cocky bastard, either you tell me now willingly, or I will force it out of you."

"What do you mean by 'force'?" He smirked, raising an eyebrow. "If you want to search me, feel free to do so. All yours, Sweetheart."

I choked. "I'm sorry, what?!" The audacity of this guy. "Get over yourself already!" I shoved him back, away from me. That only seemed to make him laugh.

"But you still need to tell me." I prodded, this time drawing a knife. "Who's your target?"

"Woah, chill out there. Put the knife away."

"Tell me first!" I raised the weapon.

"Alright, alright, I'll tell you." He held up his hands in surrender. "It's number 384. But I don't know who it is, they've all hidden their tags by now. You know, you should really consider a career change. Maybe an interrogator, if I might suggest."

I ignored the last part. "What do you mean 'you don't know'? How are you even going to pass?"

He looked at me strangely. "I just need six points to pass. As long as I acquire any three tags, I'll be fine, right?" Then he smiled and added. "Besides, it's more fun that way. I plan on enjoying myself this phase. Haven't really had any good fights so far."

"Well, suit yourself," I couldn't be bothered to argue with his crude logic. "As long as you stay the hell out of my way."

Hisoka ~

Soon enough, we arrived at Zevil Island. As the first candidate to complete Phase Three, I was given a head start.

"Bye, Kira!" I waved cheerfully, before disembarking the ferry. She gave a halfhearted wave back. She was probably still annoyed that I beat her in the last phase. What can I say? I'm just too good.

I headed idly into the woods, wondering what to do next. I should probably camp and wait for the prey to come. No, I want to hunt! But right now, the island was still deserted, except for me. I guess I have to wait.

I found an empty clearing, not far from the starting point, and sat down under the shade of a tree. I was out in the open, where anyone would be able to see, but that didn't bother me. In fact, it worked to my advantage. I was hoping that some idiot might decide to challenge me. Then, I noticed scarlet butterflies starting to gather around me. They seemed to be attracted to the open wounds on my shoulder and side. So they like blood. Me too.

I marvelled at the delicate red wings fluttering around me. They're beautiful. And unlike me, not at all monstrous, for such blood-crazy creatures. I held out my hand, and watched as a butterfly landed on my finger. At that moment, I had full control over its fate, whether it lived or died. Yet it wasn't the least bit afraid of me.

Disappointingly, a whole day went by, and I hadn't encountered a single person. Did my aura drive them away? I was sure I had been concealing it well enough. I sighed, watching the sky turn orange, as the sun began to set. Despite not doing much, I felt depleted. I yawned, realising how long it had been since I slept. I was planning to rest in the tower, but after Kira's incident, I couldn't bear to let down my guard. Perhaps I should sleep now. Hopefully tomorrow would be a more eventful day.

Kira ~

I wandered through the forest, hoping that by some miracle, I'd be able to find my target. I should've waited. But I was foolish and decided was better to scout out my surroundings first. And that made me lose track of him, number 34.

It was already nighttime, and so far I hadn't encountered a single candidate. Not that I would want to stumble upon someone right now, especially at this hour. Although the wound in my right leg stung a little from time to time, it was much better than before. Still, my legs were aching from an entire day of aimless walking.

"Come out." The voice jolted me awake.

Who? Me? Where was it coming from?

"I know you're there." It seemed to be a kid's voice. He sounded rather annoyed. I remembered the two kids who also made it to this phase. Could it be the black haired one? Or the one that looked like a cat?

Without much thought, I ran towards the voice. I knew it was risky, considering I might have been his target, but I couldn't help it. My sanity was at stake. I had to speak to a living person before I lost my mind. I'd even willingly put up with Hisoka, right now.

As I approached, I saw that it was the boy with white hair, and large, slanted eyes. I was quite surprised that he was alone. Where was his buddy? Immediately, he spun around to face me. "Who's there?"

I stumbled out of the bushes. "Uh, hi?"

He looked confused. "It's you? I'm sure it was someone else who's been tailing me. I mean, I could be wrong."

"Look, you're not my target." I assured him, pointing at his tag, with the number 99. "I'm just glad I've found someone on this god damned island. I'm Kira."

"Oh, I see. I'm Killua!" The boy smiled. "You're not my target either. But you must be quite confident to wear your tag like that."

"I could say the same to you. Seeing my tag, and getting it off me are two very different things."

"I know right? I don't get what's up with these losers, hiding their tags." He jumped excitedly, as if he'd finally found someone who agreed with him on the matter. "Mind if I hang with you for a bit? I haven't talked to anyone for a while. And that coward who's been following me is still refusing to come out."

"Sure," I laughed. "But honestly, I have no idea where I'm going."

"Oh, that's alright, neither do I!" He seemed rather enthusiastic. "Who's your target, by the way?"

"Number 34. The guy with green hair, carries a sword, walks around like he owns the place."

"I think I've seen him around earlier. He shouldn't be far from here. Let's hunt him down!"

"Yeah, but how about we rest for a bit first." I suggested. Kids have way too much energy. "Now that there's two of us, we can take turns sleeping, while the other takes watch."

"What? But I'm not tired." He sulked, clearly disappointed.

"Of course you're not." I say, as I headed towards a tree and sat down against it. "Alright, come here, you sleep first."

"Fine," the little boy grumbled, before lying down beside me. "You know, you remind me of my big brother."

Huh? Do I look like a guy to him?

"Your brother?!" That was just a little insulting. "How? You better choose your next words carefully."

Instead, he seemed unfazed. "I don't really know. Probably just the fact that you're making me sleep right now. My brother also did that. I guess he did care about me. In his own extreme way."

Like Kyros.

"Tell me about him, your brother." I smiled down at Killua.

His electric blue eyes gazed up at me, and he continued. "His name's Illumi. I actually have several brothers, but he's the oldest one. My dad was always on missions, and I hated my mum, so Illu pretty much raised me. Oh, by the way, they're all assassins. It's the family trade. And I'm supposed to be the heir or something. But not anymore, after I ran away."

"Why'd you run away?" If I had a family, I'd never leave them.

"They're too controlling, and I don't want to be an assassin. I just want to be a normal kid, with a normal life. Besides, who wants to have their life planned out for them?" He explained, with a small smile.

"Do you ever miss them?"

"Not really..." I could tell he was thinking hard about it. "I mean, I never liked my mum, she used to chain me up in the dungeon whenever I stepped slightly out of line. And my dad was always busy, so I didn't really interact with him." Then he paused for a bit. "But I think I do miss my brother. Maybe just a little."

"Same," I responded, subconsciously. "I miss my brother too."

"Why? What happened?" He regarded me with curious eyes. "Maybe you should go see him!"

"I can't." I replied sadly. Why am I even saying this to a twelve year old?

Immediately, Killua understood. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't be." I gave him a wistful smile. "Now, let's talk about Illumi. He sounds interesting."

He nodded, and carried on. "Illu was more like my mum than my mum ever was. He actually taught me everything I know. He used to get really mad when I killed a subject recklessly. He'd always go on and on about not leaving a mess. But as he rants, he proceeds to clean up after me. I remember he used to cut my hair as well. I tried doing it myself once, but accidentally cut my finger. So then he decided I shouldn't be trusted with scissors. That's kind of funny, because he still let me keep all my knives. Oh right, he also taught me how to throw a knife. He's actually really good at it. One time when we were on a mission, he threw one knife and got three guys! But I don't know why, he still prefers to use these weird needles instead."

For a while, Killua continued to ramble on about his brother, their adventures together, and other little incidents. Slowly, he began to tire, and started yawning. Soon enough, the boy fell soundly asleep beside me, with a content expression.

"Goodnight, Killua." I whispered. Kyros would have been proud of me.

~~~~

Hi, thanks for reading!

There wasn't much about Hisoka in this chapter, but I promise he'll get more action in the next one. Killua is such a baby, he's one of favourite characters, so I just had to write about him.

Hope you've enjoyed this, please vote if you did, thanks!

~ krypto

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.2K 49
Y/N,L/N.That was all you were know for.Youre initialed name.All because of you're family business.But one day something occurs in you're life that ma...
1.1K 9 31
A young assassin, or at least what her family thought she'd be. A young lady with dreams, sorrows, regrets and a huge heart. Her skills were beyond a...
3.1K 186 36
(THE REVISED EDITION OF THIS STORY IS OUT NOW! PLEASE MAKE SURE TO VISIT IT!!!) (THIS IS COMPLETED AND WILL NOT BE RE-EDITED NOR WILL A NEW CHAPTER B...
60.6K 1.3K 24
๐™Ž๐™๐™š๐™จ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ๐™š... โœŽ๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น๏น โฅY/N's anime obsession is HxH. She somehow gets herself teleported in the...