Breathe | Chenle

By markieshyuck

» crime au ❝ You mean nothing to me, never will. ❞ More

P R E L U D E
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
Wow
100k

44

11K 529 263
By markieshyuck

"What? What's wrong?"
Yena asked, surprised upon seeing all of their reaction.

"Who is that guy?"
Yena asked, pointing at the elder man who exited the interrogation room and so did Mark.

"Was he lying?"
Mark asked, stepping inside the room that resided joint to the interrogation room.

"No, not at all"
Jaemin replied, switching the computer screen that recorded his pulse and heart beat off.

"Who is he?"
"Im Daesung, witness of Min Jiwon's death"
Donghyuck replied to Yena and her mouth formed an 'o' in realization.

"What did he say?"
"Yena we can't answer you everything"
Chenle said looking at the girl who gave him a small nod with a frown on her lips before he looked at Jisung.

"I want information about Ruby, everything"
Nodding, Jisung exited the room and to his cabinet getting back to work on what he was asked to.

Chenle looked back at the girl who was confused yet remained silent, not enquiring further about Daesung.

"I need to meet your father,"
"What? Wh—"
"Now"
Yena wordlessly nodded trailing behind Chenle and the two exited the station heading to the countryside.

"Hospital?"
Chenle asked, walking behind Yena who guided him inside the familiar building.

"I told you he had been suffering Diplegia paralysis since the last eight years"
"Oh, sorry"
Yena gave him a nod, mouthing 'it's okay' before walking past the rooms.

"Kim Jonghyuk right?"
"Yes, how do you know?"
Chenle shrugged in response, remembering her parents name that were mentioned in the file he found in his parent's room.

"Also, don't tell my dad that I live in Ulsan or that I'm the witness, please"
Chenle gave her a nod, taking note of her words.

Twisting the door knob open to the room that read '127' she walked in, revealing two people inside who looked towards the door and a smile hovered on her father's face seeing his daughter.

"Hey Yena"
"Hey Johnny"
Johnny fist bumped the girl before she walked towards her father.

"Dad you've a visitor"
"Me? Who is it?"
Yena motioned for Chenle to enter in and he did, closing the door behind him.

The moment Chenle looked at the elder man, his heart stung with agony- it pained him that his parents were the reason behind him being in such a pathetic state.

"You are..?"
"Zhong Chenle"
Chenle gave a quick bow introducing himself and Jonghyuk's eyes widened realizing the boy, immediately signaling Chenle to come closer to him.

"Kai and Yimin's son, right?"
Chenle gave a nod and Jonghyuk eyed the nearby the chair which Johnny picked up and handed to Chenle.

"Sit"
Chenle sat down on the chair placing it besides Jonghyuk.

Before Jonghyuk could speak, he looked at the two waiting for them to leave.

"Me too?"
Yena pointed at herself and he gave her a nod earning a chuckle from Johnny.

"Haha, very funny"
"Get out sis"
"You too bro"
Yena rolled her eyes, dragging Johnny along with her and he shut the door close behind them, leaving Chenle and Jonghyuk alone.

Jonghyuk smiled at the two before looking at the boy who furrowed his brows while staring at the door, trying to figure out the relation Yena and Johnny held.

"I expected your arrival, a bit late I guess?"
Chenle turned to look at him, giving him a nod.

"How old are you now?"
"Twenty one, sir"
"You were just thirteen when I saw you back then with your parents"
"You met us back then?"
Jonghyuk gave a nod, looking down at his paralyzed legs and back at the boy.

"Of course I do. They helped me survive the accident that day"
"But sir, the accident was caused—"
"Cause of the misfire? Yes, I know"
"I'm sorry sir, it was—"
"Don't be. I'm thankful to your parents after all. If it wasn't for their help, I wouldn't have survived"
Chenle remained silent while he listened to the elder speak.

"Kai we've Ruby right in front"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, the license plate reads the same. Take a shot at their car tiers! Quick!"
"But the department needs them alive Yimin"
"What's the point of holding them hostage anyway? Take your shot Kai"
Yimin placed her hand on Kai's as she sped the car, following the black car ahead.

Nodding, Kai clutched the gun in position, aiming at the car tries and just when he pulled the trigger Yimin's eyes widened realizing the license plate read 8757 and not 8751.
"No! It's the wrong car Kai!"

But it was too late- the couple watched as the car in front flipped upside down midway in the air at the impact of the bullet piercing into the tiers, crashing into the road divider making the glass shatter as they heard yells from the couple inside.

Yimin hurriedly parked their car on the side and the two rushed out towards the car.

Yimin gasped seeing the women who had her face filled with blood as shattered glass pieces poked through her skin, her body severely injured with a pool of blood below her figure.

"My god! Are you alright?"
"Please breath, just please"
Yimin held Hwayoung's hand, brushing her thumb on her knuckles, desperately hoping for her to survive but before she knew anything the women hung her head low, eyes shutting close as her breath hitched and heart stopped beating permanently.

Yimin let go off her hand in shock, pulling her sleeve over her palm before touching Hwayoung's face and her eyes widened in horror realizing the women was dead.

"Yimin!"
Kai yelled out and she stood up, running to where he was.

"Help me, quick! He's still alive"
Kai said as he pushed the dismantled parts of the car aside and she helped him with it as well.

"I'll lift, pull him out"
Nodding Yimin crouched down ready in her position.
Kai placed his hands on the car before pushing it with all his might and the car lightly lifted off the ground, giving her enough gap to pull Jonghyuk out.

Kai let go off the car before the two carried Jonghyuk to their car, placing him in the back seat.

"What about her?"
Yena shook her head despite the tears dwelling up, taking one last look at Hwayoung before Kai drove down the road to the hospital.

"Admit him now!"
Kai said and the doctor nodded as three nurses pushed the man who was on the brink of death inside the ICU for the treatment.

"Ever since then, they had been paying for my medical bills and Yena's school fee"
"I'm more than grateful to them"
Jonghyuk placed his hand on Chenle's shoulder.

"I'm sorry for your loss sir"
Jonghyuk shook his head in disapproval, patting the boy's shoulder.

"And you? I heard about your parents dear, sorry to hear that"
Chenle gave him a weak smile before looking down at the floor- overwhelmed by the mixed feelings he held, happy that his parents saved Yena's father or sad because Yena lost her mother cause of the misfire.

"Sir do you know anything about the mafia gang Ruby?"
"Your parents managed to kill five out of the seven, but the other two escaped. I heard his son is running the gang now, I'm not sure"

"And anything about my parents death? How was the accident even caused sir?"
"It was not an accident dear, it was framed as one"
"The current leader of Ruby killed both your parents cause his father- the former leader of Ruby, died in your parent's hands"
Chenle's eyes widened hearing those words- surprised to hear the truth cause all these days he thought it was an accident.

Just then someone knocked on the door and Chenle walked to open it.

"Can I?"
"Sure dear, come in"
Yena walked inside upon hearing her father's words, crouching down beside him.

"I miss you dad, I'm sorry I couldn't contact or visit"
"It's okay sweetheart. Don't overwork yourself"
Jonghyuk placed a kiss on her forehead making her smile at the contact.

"Do you two remember meeting each other?"
"We met?"
"Yes, when you were eleven Yena"
The two widened their eyes, sharing a look before shaking their heads.

"How do you happen to know Yena now?"
"Cause of the cas— neighbors"
"We're neighbors"
He changed his words upon remembering Yena's request.

"I don't know how to repay you for all the kindness"
"No sir you don't have to"
Yena remained silent as she heard their conversation, unknown as to what their words meant.

Jonghyuk replayed his conversation with Chenle's parents before they shifted to the city, his last talk with the Zhong couple-

"I can't thank you two enough"
Jonghyuk said looking at the couple who stood in front of him.

"Dad!"
Yena came in running towards her father but stopped upon noticing the two elders.

"Aww Yena you're so cute"
"She looked a lot like Hwayoung- pretty little girl"
Yimin approached the eleven year old girl, lightly pinching her soft cheeks before the Chinese couple broke out into wide smiles at her cuteness.

"I always wanted a girl, but here we have, Zhong Chenle"
Kai said, pointing at the thirteen year old boy who was busy playing games on his father's phone.

"I wish our friendship stays forever, even Yena and Chenle"
Yimin said looking at the two kids and back at Jonghyuk waiting for his reply.
"Sure, why not?"

"Chenle.."
"I've a request"
"Yes?"
"Take care of my daughter, please"
He placed Yena's hand on Chenle's, his own holding theirs together, confusing the two by his actions.

"She deserves to be loved and so do you,"
"Protect my Yena"
Chenle gave him a nod before his eyes looked at the girl in front of him- her eyes glancing in between his own.

"Will you son?"
"I will sir—"
"Sir? Call me dad"
Chenle hesitantly nodded- it had been three years since he had used the word 'dad' and suddenly the word felt foreign to him.

"You can always come to me, I'll be there for you like you father Chenle"

Thoughts ??👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 500 19
he's the one. mafia au
12.8K 207 27
Why would she ever think she'd bump into a famous idol. Isn't it what most girls dream about? Idol AU
343K 10.8K 50
During a bank robbery, you're surprised to see the criminal recognise you. Only later then you learn that your high school admirer and sweetheart now...
235K 6.6K 52
ꜜ៹𖤐 ┄ ૰ gang/mafia au ❝ it didn't make any difference, i was already broken to began with ❞ 〄 : contains mention of depress!0n, se!f hxrm ʚ. ≡ com...