Patchwork Quilt Covered Dead...

By Bobby_Preston1994

This is a short story of a time I had surgery. I was already scared, but something else happened that scared... More

Going in for surgery

3 0 0
By Bobby_Preston1994

Patchwork quilt covered dead body ( Winter 2009 )

My blood pressures had been showing high for some months now. Dr's had said if it did not fix itself, I would need surgery. It of course didn't. So the only option now is surgery to remove a kidney.

We arrive at the hospital 3 hours before the surgery. We proceed to the elevator to go to the floor we need to reach.
Suddenly the doors open. A person in scrubs walks off of it backward. The person is pulling the foot end of a bed. I can see that someone is on the bed. I also begin seeing the makings of a patchwork quilt covering the person lying there. At first, I think nothing of it. Then, I realize as more of the bed is being pulled, the body is more covered.

Finally, the whole bed emerges from the elevator, and another person is on the head-end of the bed. I realize it is a dead body laying on the bed in front of me. Panic sets in. I am 3 hours from surgery, and here I am seeing the outline of a body on a bed. A dead body. I don't know if it was custom for the family, or what, but, when the body emerged from the elevator, it had a patchwork quilt laying over it. But, I thought nothing of that.

After all, it was a DEAD body and of course, here I am 3 hours from surgery. I look to my mother, and my cousin, in a panic. " Oh, my gosh, that could be me in a few hours! " I think to myself. More panic sets in.

As I am being wheeled to the OR, I begin talking to God. I tell Him, " God if it's Your will that I don't wake up, I trust You. If it's Your will that I do wake up, I trust You. " We get into the OR, and I get moved to the OR table for the surgery.

Sometime later, I wake up. I am unknowingly laying on my back. I am staring at the ceiling. The white ceiling. I begin to panic, yet again. " OH MY GOSH I'M DEAD! " the thought goes through my mind. Someone approaches and I think " that must be one of the angels. "

A few moments later, I realize I am alive and well, and have made it through the surgery.

I begin requesting to see my mother and cousin. Finally, they let them come back. I begin reaching for their hands. My cousin says " What are you doing? " " Give me your hand! " I demand of him and my mother.

It is only when he and my mother grab my hands, that I realize, I am not dead. I realize I am alive and well.

I was TERRIFIED of dying, especially after having seen a dead body, 3 hours before I was to have surgery.

But now, I look back. It's just a natural part of life. I'm not as afraid of it as I used to be. Still a little fear, to be honest, but not as much. If you are afraid of death, don't be. It's not really all that scary. We all have our time. A time to live and a time to die, as the Word tells us. Just make each day, moment, hour, second, nanosecond, etc, count.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 180K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
11.7M 302K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
28.3K 2.2K 17
වල්කම වූවත් පට්ටම ඩීසන් ඩිංගක් උඹ වැඩිමල් හින්දා ⋆⭒˚。⋆
64.4K 4.3K 47
مزيج من المغامرات المختلفة سواء مغامرة حقًا أو مجرد كلمة. " هــاريـكـا " بهدف الاستفادة وليس الاستمتاع فقط، بإذن الله تستفيد حتى لو ٥٠٪ معلومات ديني...