Elysian [Book 1]

By Evangeline_91

Hadley LaMontagne, a crime scene investigator from New Orleans is the smartest in her class, with an IQ of 16... More

CAST
PLAYLIST+DISCLAIMER
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
cast
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
a/n
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
the end

thirty-seven

2.3K 52 6
By Evangeline_91

thirty-seven; my very shitty family tree

I walked into William Hightower's cell as they released him into FBI custody. He was in the middle of putting on a new prosthesis. I opened the glass door and looked at him.

"They, uh, say you get used to it."He said holding up his prosthetic leg and my smile faltered. "Right now- it just hurts like hell." He said grunting, putting on his prosthesis which was for his below the leg amputation. 

"I'd be lying if I said it gets better, because it doesn't." I said and he slid his stump into the prosthesis and looked up at me. I pulled up my pant leg to show him that I wasn't lying and I showed him my above the knee amputation.  He gave me a sad look and I coughed, and looked at him, shoving the pant leg down.

"We'd like you with us in the cass corridor." I said and his face shot over to me. "Doing what?" He asked confused and I shrugged my shoulders. " The same thing you've been doing. We'll conduct nightly checks. You have a rapport out there." I said and he looked at me confused. 

"Is the Detroit Police Department on board?" He asked and I shrugged one shoulder. "Eh. I mean, but I honestly don't really care." I said and he nodded smiling at me. I smiled back and I closed the door and I walked off to the side and leaned against the wall. 

"Want to go to the hotel?" I heard Spencer ask as I jumped. I turned to him with a hand over my chest and nodded, going to the hotel to get some rest.

I walked into the briefing room as they had just finished telling the officers about the profile. I opened the door to the briefing room and Hotch looked over at me and I sighed. "That's it. Any other questions, feel free to ask me or the other agents." Bedwell said and they all nodded leaving the room.  William looked out the glass doors and saw his mother.

"What is she doing here?" He asked and looked back at all of us. I raised my hands in defense and walked over to Spencer, who was holding a cup of coffee. He handed it over to me and kissed my temple as Hotch spoke to William.

"I don't want her living off hope. Bad news stops us for a while, but then you move on. Hope- is paralyzing." He spat at all of us and I looked at his mother.

"You did a stupid thing." Mrs. Hightower said and William stood up and nodded. "Yes, ma'am." He said and limped over to her. "Come here." She said and pulled him into a hug. I sipped on my coffee and Hotch looked at me. "A word." He said and I sighed and set my cup down, walking away from Spencer.

We walked out of the briefing room and Hotch looked down at me, with his hands crossed. "You were an hour late. We had already gone through the profile." He said and I nodded, with my eyes closed. "I know, I know. I'm sorry. " I said and he tilted his head. "Hadley. If this happens again you won't be on the next case." He said and I nodded and turned to leave but he stopped me. "Also, I called your doctor and we talked about giving you a higher dosage of Modafinil." He said and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"See, I always knew I was your favorite." I said and he rolled his eyes and walked into the briefing room.

I sat in the RCMP Headquarters, twirling my pen between my fingers. "You really believe he's about to abduct someone again?" Bedwell asked and Rossi nodded. "It's coming soon. Tonight- tomorrow." He said and I snorted. 

"Maybe he can take Adeleine." I said and Rossi sighed shaking his head. Bedwell looked at me confused. "She's my "mother'" I said using my fingers to indicate the quotes. " She's technically my sister- in-law I guess, since her and my brother are together." I said looking at JJ and she smiled a bit. "He's technically my step-father, since he is my "mother's" ex-husband and the father of her daughter. And he's my boyfriend." I said and Spencer smiled and gave Bedwell an awkward smile, after I explained me very shitty family tree.

Bedwell raised his eyebrows and nodded, finding all of this weird. My phone went off and I looked at the caller ID, finding it an unknown number. I picked it up and answered. "Hello?" I asked and I heard the voice of a lady.

"Is this Hadley LaMontagne?" The woman asked and I looked up at Spencer and Rossi who kept their eyes on me. "Yes, this is. May I ask who is calling?" I asked and she chuckled. "Of course, my name is Stephanie Malloy, I'm with CellMark Forensics, I'm calling to confirm the order Erin Strauss made for the uh-  Behavioral Analysis Unit in Quantico, Virginia." She said and I gasped. "What? What happened?" Rossi asked and I placed my hand over the phone.

"Strauss ordered me new technology- this is a confirmation call." I said and Rossi nodded, impressed. "Right, um- what's the confirmation for again?" I asked and she said one moment indicating that she was reading.

"You have three new processing machines-UV box, Evidence Bench and Pural PCR, you also have a new fingerprint analysis machine and an evidence transporter." She said and I almost choked on my spit. "Okay, well um- my confirmation is given." I said and she said thank you and hung up.

They had finished talking and JJ had left to talk to Mrs.Hightower. I sat down at the table next to Spencer and I sat with my hand resting on my hand, which was pressed up against my cheek. "Are you okay?" Spencer asked, placing a hand on my thigh. I nodded looking at him. "Yeah. I'm fine. " I said and he nodded and looked down at the file he was reading again.

We found out that the UnSub was catching his victims based off where they cashed their welfare checks. So now we were all gathered at the border.

I walked over from talking to one of the workers, with my vest on and my hair in a ponytail. My boots hitting the ground. I had my hand resting on my gun as I walked over to everyone who was next to the border.

"Any word from the border patrols?" Rossi asked and I shook my head. "Asked every single one of them. They all said the same exact thing." I said and Adeleine looked at Bedwell.

"What about the off-road sites?" She asked and he nodded at her. "I have agents at every known smuggling site entry. We got nothing." He said and I looked over at Spencer's map to where he was looking around. 

"Lakes. Are they're any lakes around here?" I asked and Rossi nodded, looking at William. "We know your sister's phone was pinged around Port Huron. He had to be close when he crossed the border." Rossi said and Hotch called Garcia to ask about the house. Once we got an answer Hotch looked at us.

"Prentiss, you, William, Adeleine and Hadley, come with me. The rest of you stay here. McKinley and Leilani are back at the office." He said and we nodded, going to leave. I placed my arm on Spencer's shoulder. "Be safe." He said and I pecked his lips, tasting the coffee. "Always." I said and left to go with Hotch.

I looked around as I saw nothing but weeds surrounding us. "The house is inland. Acess from the water should be here." Hotch said and parked the car. We all got out and I gripped my gun in it's holster as I grabbed my flashlight.

"There's nothing here." William said and Hotch sighed. "Let's split up. Hadley go with William." He said and I nodded, going along with the man. I moved my flashlight around between the trees until I saw something between bushes. "Over here!" I said and Hotch came over to me. I walked into the bush and behind it was a car. "Looks like he stashed cars on either side of the river." I said and Hotch called Penelope.

"Okay, it belongs to a guy names Mason Turner. He lives in a farm." Hotch said and he nodded and we all went back to the car.

We stepped out of the SUV and the other SUV was behind us. Maxsten came along leaving Leilani at the office. I saw Spencer in his vest and I felt my cheeks burn up. Hotch nodded his head telling us to go with him and I nodded and held out my gun

I held it down below, in front of Spencer as Hotch opened the door. I stepped into the house hearing a puffing sound in the background. I walked into the room and saw a man on the bed, with a ventilator.

"Sir are you alright?" I heard Hotch ask. I followed Spencer going into another room and found nothing. I walked back and placed my gun in it's holster.

"This is out UnSubs?" I asked confusion written all over my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.6K 32
Agent Y/N Cooper gets relocated to Quantico BAU after a dangerous accident. She often finds her heart in the hands of the one and only Dr. Spencer R...
70.8K 1.9K 24
"Everybody's waiting up to hear if I dare to speak your name. Put it deep beneath the track, like the hole you left in me." Madeline Brookes is an on...
71.7K 1K 18
Doctor Reid is the mentor for new agent y/l/n, quickly she feels as if he is trying to one up her and she doesn't like him, but what happens when tha...
171K 2K 33
Spencer Reid and Maddy Schofield meet when Maddy joined the BAU. They are both geniuses, Spencer with an IQ of 187 and Maddy's at 188, just a point o...