VERENDUS

By MYZTICALLY

Sin's. A powerful family in South Korea that is both feared and reverenced by everyone. They have the ability... More

disclaimer
characters
P R O L O G U E
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31
C H A P T E R 32
C H A P T E R 33
C H A P T E R 34
C H A P T E R 35
C H A P T E R 36
C H A P T E R 37
C H A P T E R 38
C H A P T E R 39
C H A P T E R 40

C H A P T E R 14

6K 404 201
By MYZTICALLY

° ° °

The two were settled on the living room—seated on the carpeted floor. Lisa was drinking vodka, while Jungkook was drinking brandy.

He thought that brandy was too strong for Lisa so he decided to give her vodka instead.

They drank side by side. A comfortable silence surrounding them.

Until Jungkook decided to break it.

"So what happened?"

Lisa heavies a sigh. "After I found out what happened to my brother, I immediately went to my mom." she chugged her vodka—straight from the bottle. "I asked her why did that happen to Taehyung. But she didn't want to answer me."

"She said that she doesn't want me to get involve in my father's problems. And that I'm safer if I stay with her. No questions asked." she quickly added. "She also said that it's dangerous for me to go back, but... I told her no."

"I can't stay here knowing that my brothers will suffer back at home." she turns to him. "I need to go back, Jeon."

Jungkook was just staring at her the whole time. Never once taking his eyes off of her.

She chugged her drink again, wiping the corner of her mouth using the back of her palm afterwards.

"I haven't seen my brothers for five years. God knows how much I miss them so much. And when I heard that Taehyung was shot, I—" she paused and swallowed the huge knot that was forming on her throat. "I didn't know what do to. I was so scared. The fear of losing him made me feel so afraid."

Her eyes slowly became wet. "And the fact that I'm so far away from him right now kills me." she looked up to the ceiling to stop her tears from falling down. "I can't even go there by his side to check if he's okay." she sighed. "Then again it's all my fault. I'm the one who ran away. I'm the one who wanted to have a taste of a normal life." she returned her gaze to him. "I'm so selfish, Jeon."

Jungkook took a sip from his brandy before responding. "None of this is your fault, Sin. That's just life, trying to give you a massive headache." he reached out to her face to wipe her tear that has fallen down on her cheek without her knowing. "You're not selfish. Your brothers were the ones who wanted you to have a taste of a normal life, Sin. They wanted to give you a freedom even for just a short amount of time. They love you, just as much as you love them. And I'm sure that they'll understand why you can't be with them right now."

Lisa chugged her drink again. "Mother wants me to stay with her and hide." she blurted.

"Which is probably the best for you, Sin." he replied.

Another tear fell down on her cheek. "I'm so done with people trying to protect me, Jeon. Doing things for my 'own sake'. Treating me like I'm a porcelain doll made from china." she sniffed. "I feel like I'm a useless person. I don't need anyone taking care of me. I'm fine on my own. But why does everybody kept on thinking that I'm weak?"

"They haven't seen what you're capable of, Sin." Jungkook answered. "Right now you're just a girl who ran away from her family to escape her marriage."

Lisa looked at him. "Do you... think I'm weak?"

He smiled at her genuinely. "No, Sin. I will never think that you're weak." he caressed her cheek using his thumb. "You're the strongest woman I know."

Her eyes were filled with doubt. "How can you say that?"

He said it himself. No one has ever seen what she's capable of. So how can he say that?

Jungkook held her chin and stared at her eyes with appreciation.

"I will never doubt you, Sin. Always remember that."

This somehow made her feel glad. Knowing that someone won't judge her and think of her as a weakling.

She's thankful for him.

Lisa gulped her now half-empty vodka and took a deep breath. "Jeon?"

Jungkook nibbled on his drink before humming in response. "Hmm?"

"I don't have any idea why this is all happening, I have so many questions in my head right now." Lisa muttered.

He gave her an apologetic smile. "I'm not the right person to tell you anything, Sin."

"Don't worry, Jeon. I didn't expect you to." a faint smile appeared on her lips. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm gonna kill the person behind all of this."

Jungkook just stared at her in anticipation of what she's gonna say next.

She gritted her teeth. "I'm not gonna settle for forgiveness. I want to see the person behind all of this covered in his or her blood. I don't care how much dangerous or powerful that person is. I'm gonna show him who's much more stronger. I want him dead. What he did to Taehyung is unforgivable. And I'll make him pay. Whatever it takes."

Her ex-fiancé raised an eyebrow. "So what's your plan?"

Lisa held his cheek. "Mr. Jeon, I advise you to trust your future wife. My plan is none of your concern. Rest assured that I have everything under control." she tapped his cheek twice. "I'll show you what I'm capable of. But let me warn you..." she drawled. "I can be a bloody monster."

Jungkook grinned. "Well that's tempting. I'm getting more and more excited to see you as my future wife."

She chuckled at that—now feeling much more livelier and better compared to earlier. "That'll be soon, Jeon."

Jungkook poured his glass another round of brandy. "I trust you, Sin. But I have one condition."

Lisa chugged her vodka. "What is it?"

Jungkook's eyes hardened. "I want you to stay by my side. Always."

She immediately shook her head. "No."

"Sin, I know that you don't want to be treated like a porcelain doll," he paused. "but I just really want you to be with me so I could watch you and guard you."

"I'll be fine, Jeon." she assured him. "I told you I can take care of myself."

Jungkook sighed. "I know, Sin. But what if—"

Lisa pressed her index finger on his lips, silencing him. "Hush, Jeon. I promise nothing bad will happen to me."

"How can you be so sure that nothing will happen to you, Sin?" he questioned.

She gave him a reassuring smile. "You said that you will never doubt me. Stop worrying, Jeon. Just give me two weeks to catch up with my family, okay?"

He nodded in defeat. "Okay."

Lisa chugged her drink one last time before turning to Jungkook. "Mr. Jeon, I'm tired. Will you please carry me to your room so I could rest?"

Jungkook chuckled. "You're okay sleeping in the same bed with me now?"

She looked at him deep in his eyes. "You said you won't do anything to me unless I tell you to."

He smiled. "I did, didn't I?"

She nodded in response.

Jungkook sighed before gulping his brandy in one go and standing up. He bent down and carried her to his arms.

Lisa smiled. "You like to carry me, don't you?"

Jungkook started making his way to his room. "You like being carried, don't you?" he spat back.

She laughed giddily—must be the effect of the alcohol. "I'm just too lazy and dizzy to walk, Jeon."

"Uh-huh, sure you are." he exclaimed before going inside his room.

Once he settled her on his bed, he covered her body with his blanket.

Jungkook was about to stand up when Lisa held his right wrist—stopping him.

He looked down on Lisa. "Need anything?"

The girl shook her head and stared at his tattoos on his arm.

Lisa sat up and caressed his tattoos with her fingers. "They're so beautiful." she whispered in awe.

She tilted her head and read one of his tattoos. The biggest one, to be exact.

Please love me.

She unconsciously repeated saying it. "Please love me..."

Lisa caressed the flower that was embedded in the said phrase.

Jungkook groaned at her soft touch.

"Is this... a tiger flower?" she asked before looking up at him.

The man nodded. "It's my birth flower."

She smiled. "You have so many tattoos. I bet they all have their own meaning behind it."

Again, Jungkook nodded. "I don't usually like to show my tattoos to anyone that's why I would always wear coats or jackets to hide them."

She continued caressing his tattoos. "What a shame. I would've loved to see it everyday."

Jungkook smiled and patted her head. "Go to sleep, you're drunk."

Lisa pursed her lips but soon obliged. After she lied down properly, Jungkook stood up and went to the other side of the bed.

Once he was rested on the bed beside her, Lisa sat up again.

Jungkook's brows furrowed. "What is it now, Sin?"

She turns to him and smiled like a drunkard. "I have a tattoo too."

He pushed his upper body up, using his elbows to balance himself. "Sin, you're drunk."

Lisa giggled and shook her head. "Let me show you my tattoo first!"

Jungkook exhaled in frustration. "Okay-okay. Where is it?"

He was expecting her to turn around and show him her tattoo on her back—which is usually where he thought women would put their tattoo.

But imagine his surprise when Lisa lifted her shirt up—her black lacy bra almost showing.

Jungkook's eyes widen in shock. "What the—" he wasn't able to continue his sentence when he noticed the snake tattoo on Lisa's left rib.

He stared at it in blank amazement.

The ink was carved perfectly on her skin. It fitted her so much. It was beautiful.

Lisa chuckled. "This is our family symbol. Every member of my family has this tattoo. It symbolizes our surname, Sin—a sinner."

Jungkook fought the urge to touch it. And Lisa seemed to notice this.

"You can touch it if you like." Lisa said, pulling him out from his reverie.

He gazed at her. "Really?"

She nod. "Of course. I touched yours, didn't I?"

Jungkook returned his gaze on her tattoo and slowly reached out his hand to touch it.

He was right. It was drawn to her skin perfectly.

"It fits you..." Jungkook absentmindedly said as he caressed it with his thumb.

Lisa studied his facial expression. "I'm a Sin."

Jungkook smiled and pulled her shirt down before locking his eyes with her. "Yes, you are."

Her eyes gleamed. "Do you see me as a sinner?"

He shook his head. "No. Never." he gently pushed her down to lay down again. "Now, sleep. Before I might do something stupid."

Lisa's eyes were about to drop but she tried to fight her sleepiness. "Jeon?"

Jungkook let out a silent laugh when he saw how she tried to open her eyes. "Yes, Sin?"

Before sleep could finally eat her up, she managed to say her last words.

"Thank you."

He smiled. You're welcome, Sin.

Jungkook gently leaned in and planted a soft kiss on his ex-fiancée's forehead.

"Good night, Sin."

° ° °

Lisa opened her eyes and carefully sat up. She turns to the man sleeping soundly beside her before glancing up at the wall clock.

3:21 am.

She groaned when her head throbbed. "Crap."

Lisa went out of the bed and left the room without making a sound.

She went to the living room where she left her purse last night. She fished out her phone and was greeted by multiple missed calls from Jimin.

"Shit." she immediately dialed Jimin's number and waited for him to answer.

After four to six rings, he answered.

"Miss Sin." his voice was hoarse, clearly he just woke up.

Lisa wandered her eyes around to look for a paper. "Are you done packing?"

"Yes, Miss Sin."

"Good." she went towards a shelf. "Meet me at the airport."

"Understood, Miss Sin."

Lisa ended the call and pulled a random book from the shelf. She tore out one piece of paper and went back to sit on the couch.

Using her pen that she always has in her purse, she wrote a short note. Once done, she went back to Jungkook's room.

She shook her head when she saw him still sleeping soundly. "What a heavy sleeper."

She placed the note on the bedside table before glancing at her ex-fiancé one last time.

"See you soon, Jeon." she made her way towards the door and went out.

After she was sure that she has everything, she left the penthouse and rode a cab.

After telling the driver her destination, she dialed an old friend's number.

A huge smile appeared on her lips when the person answered her call.

"Hello?" oh how she missed that voice.

"It's me, Bam."

The person on the other line was silent for a moment. "Lis?"

She chuckled. "Yup. I'm gonna need you to ready your plane for me."

"Five years have passed and yet you still like to boss me around."

"Oh, Bam. Don't you miss me?"

He sighed on the other line. "I'll ready the plane."

She smiled. "Thanks, Bam. I know how much you love me."

"I love you, but I'm taken."

Of course, he is. "Well that's a shame." with that, she ended the call.

She looked outside the window.

Korea, you better be ready for me.

° ° °

The moment Jungkook woke up and found out that Lisa was not by his side, he released a strong grunt. "F*ck."

He reached out to his phone on the bedside table and immediately called Yugyeom who was staying on the floor beneath his.

Jungkook was supposed to leave his bedroom but then he saw a paper on the bedside table.

He took it and read the note that was written on it.

I'll see you in two weeks, Jeon.

-Your Sin

Jungkook was staring at the note for a long time. Until Yugyeom went inside his room.

"Mr. Jeon."

He looked up to his assistant. "Lisa already left."

Yugyeom was shocked at what his boss said. "I thought you'll keep her by your side?"

Jungkook shook his head before standing up. "She's a stubborn woman." he handed the note to Yugyeom.

After reading the note, Yugyeom returned his gaze to Jungkook. "So you're just gonna let her do what she wants?"

Jungkook shrugged and said. "Again, she's a stubborn woman."

"But what if Kang's people get to her and—"

"Lisa promised me that she'll be okay. She told me that she can take care of herself." he cut Yugyeom off. "Besides, I want to see her handle things on her own."

"What if something were to happen to her?" Yugyeom asked.

"I'll be there to support her. If she falls down, that's my cue to help her out." Jungkook answered.

"But, sir. Miss Sin will be in danger."

Jungkook shoved his hands on his sweatpants' pockets. "You're underestimating her too much, Yugyeom. You don't know what she's capable of."

Yugyeom raised his eyebrow. "Do you?"

He smirked. "No. But I'd bet my own life that she's more dangerous than a bloody dragon."

✍🏻

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

I hope you guys would like this even though its rushed.

And Lisa's tattoo looks like this👇🏻

Credits to the real owner of the photo.

Don't forget to vote and comment❣️

I love you guys so much💜💜💜

𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙤𝙤𝙣.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 602 19
πŸ”ͺπŸ©»πŸ“Ή ⁀ ✷ β•± κ’·κ’¦ π™±π™΄πš†π™°πšπ™΄ 𝙾𝙡 πšƒπ™·π™΄ π™³π™°πšπ™Ί πš‚π™΄π™²πšπ™΄πšƒπš‚ π™΅πšπ™Ύπ™Ό πšƒπ™·π™Έπš‚ πšƒπ™Ύπš†π™½ 𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 ── ❝Something's coming. S...
606K 24.4K 51
Meet Han Y/n, a seemingly ordinary teenager leading a content life with her mother. Everything appeared perfect until their lives took an unexpected...
49.7K 2.7K 42
If all it is is 8 letters, why is it so hard to say? ............... Kim Taehyung and Kim Jisoo. Those names are known by almost every student in an...
37.1K 1.1K 31
Blackpink x BTS fanfic A group of teenagers who have grown up on the same block. They've known each other for years, ever since they were children, a...