Hypatia ➣ Jotaro Kujo

By bohemianict

When a young archaeologist with no recollection of her past teams up with a group of crusaders, Quinn Foreste... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen

fifteen

833 40 10
By bohemianict

Quinn continued walking along the filled sidewalks of Cario. People were still dancing along the streets at nearly one in the morning. The city was vibrant, but to the young woman with violet eyes, it felt empty.

"Hey Miss." A slurred voice said from Quinn's left side. The woman blankly looked over to the source of the voice to see an very buzzed Egyptian man, his motions sloppy as the alcohol he drank swarmed through his body. With a loud hiccup, he continued speaking as he clumsily approached the Stand user. "Y-You're a pretty thing. How about we spend a n-night on the town. Just you and me doll."

Shaking her head with frustration, the young woman waved the man off, too drained to even respond to the drunken remarks. Her mind was set on much deeper issues. A wasted man on the streets shouldn't have been too concerning compared to the battle she still had to fight.

"I'm busy. Sorry to disappoint." Quinn finally said after a long pause, the voices of citizens spending their night in the city singing through the streets. Her voice was still raspy and tired, not a single flame of determination flickering in her orbs anymore. "Go find some other girl to have fun with."

Beginning to walk away from the situation, Quinn felt her hair flow silently in the breeze. It wasn't comforting as it usually felt. The wind softly pressing against her lightly tanned skin would feel calming in almost any other situation, but it just felt hollow. The wind didn't carry the solitude it used to.

"N-not so fast, girly." The alcohol addict yelled, wobbling after the woman like a penguin. Quinn did not even flinch as she felt a rough hand grab her arm, the dry skin of the man feeling like sandpaper. Rolling her eyes as she felt barely any pressure, Quinn stood in place as the older male blabbered on. "You can't turn me down. D-do you know who I am? I'll be good to you baby, we'll whatever you want."

Gritting her teeth with clear annoyance, the woman whipped her head towards the man. Feeling overwhelmingly agitated, she struggled to withhold herself from throwing the normal civilian to the pavement and crushing his skull.

"Look, I don't have the time to sit around and play lovey-dovey with you. I need to find a payphone as soon as possible. So please, piss off." Quinn snapped angrily, her teeth baring as if she were a rabid animal. Ripping her hand from the man's disgusting grip, she was about to turn away. Just then, an idea came through her mind. Letting out an exasperated puff of air, the woman's lifeless violet eyes met the drunk's bloodshot ones. "Well, actually if you could take me to a nearby payphone that'd be great. Then, we can do what.. you want."

"Nice choice, doll." The man snickered, believing that Quinn would go along with his plans. Did he really think she was stupid. With one wrong move she had the power to swoop him up and throw him halfway across Egypt. Still, she continued to act obedient, just needed to reach a phone. "I'll l-lead you to one, j-just follow me." He said, choking over his words as hiccups kept escaping his extremely dry lips.

With a nod, Quinn blankly followed the man as he went on a drunk tangent about something. Somehow, the young woman tuned it out as she walked beside him. Her heart ached with dim sadness. She still couldn't stop thinking about everything that had gone down in the past two hours. Iggy and Avdol's death, Kakyoin's demise and the sacrifice Quinn was forced to make for Haru still hurt her immensely. But, the least she could do is call the Speedwagon foundation. The young woman could only hope they would get to Cario in time to take in her sister.

Quinn's mind then drifted to other places. She thought of Jotaro Kujo. It was strange thinking he was about to kill her when they first met. Recalling the past weeks, she smiled as she thought of when the delinquent practically kidnapped her to make her talk about her past over coffee. That had been the first time she realized they could be friends after all, despite the extreme trust issues that were between them in the past.

She then thought of the fight with Anubis, vividly remembering when she watched Jotaro be sliced with a blade right through his gut. It still made the young woman cringe as she could only imagine the pain he felt. But then, they won. And, after they won he fell into her arms quite literally. But, that was the first time the woman ever showed physical compassion for him.

Whether she wanted to admit it or not, Quinn Forester had been in love with Jotaro Kujo for quite some time. She could only hope that they could embrace that feeling alive.

"H-hey I never got your name, pretty lady." The man said, stumbling as Quinn saw a payphone in the far distance. The young woman suppressed a gag as the drunk swung his arm over her shoulder, practically crushing her form into his. "But I'll tell you mine, you'll need it for when you're screaming my name ton-"

"Shut up you vermin!" Quinn yelled, manifesting her Stand. Hypatia shimmered in it's ombré glory, holding a stance which replicated a knight as it blasted the man half way across the street. His confused scream echoed through the bustling area as confused civilians screamed in terror. "You've got to be kidding me." The woman groaned, rolling her eyes as she brushed her bare shoulders off from the filth the man provided. "This is exactly why I gotta get Haru out of here. Even if she hates the hell out of me, it's my fault."

Grimly walking into the red payphone, Quinn pulled the phone from the wall. Twirling the black coil in her hands, the young woman anxiously tapped her foot against the concrete as she pounded the numbers of the line Joseph gave her into the machine.

Suddenly, the line buzzed to life. The sensation was almost immediate after Quinn inserted the numbers. An automated voice began to speak. "Hello, this is The Speedwagon Foundation. Press one for more optio-"

"This is Quinn Forester. I'm traveling with Joseph Joestar and need to speak to an official immediately." The young woman interrupted, her violet eyes scanning the outside of the booth to make sure she was safe as she revealed important information.

As soon as those words left Quinn's mouth, the phone began emitting computer like sounds as if she were being transferred to another line. The young woman couldn't help but think of the call she had with Hol Horse a while back. In all honesty, if he hadn't told her the two specific places she had mentioned at the airport, finding her true identity would be a lot harder.

"Quinn Forester?" A voice said from the phone. Immediately snapping out of her daze. The young woman directed her attention to the man speaking on the line, his voice linked with visible exhaustion. "My name is Edward Rochester, please let me know about anything you need."

"Well, we made it to DIO's mansion." Quinn remarked, the busy streets of Cario dying down as she stood in the telephone booth. Edward's stomach dropped at the phrase, immediately going into a frenzy as he began directing forces to travel to their location. Having to withhold a whimper of sadness, the young woman continued. "Iggy, Avdol and Kakyoin sadly have passed. They died fighting for our sake. Joseph, Polnareff and Jotaro are in pursuit of the bloody vampire as we speak."

"Alright, M-Ms. Forester." Edward stammered with overwhelment, scribbling down every word Quinn spoke in order to get her requests completely right. "But, what about Haru Shiobana? Mr. Joestar informed us that you were on a rescue mission as well."

Quinn's breath hitched as she heard that sentence. Her body felt numb as the name was mentioned, pure defeat still trickling down her heart. "S-She's fine... I rescued her once Kakyoin created an opening for me. But, she has severe amnesia. Hopefully when she wakes up, she won't remember the events which happened in Cario... or me." Clearing her throat in attempt to hold down a sob, the woman lightly wiped the wetness she felt developing in her eyes. "I need you guys here, and quick. We don't have much time before DIO engages in a fight with one of us. I also need transportation for my si- Haru. I want her back in Italy pronto."

"Alright, Ms. Forester. You have my word." Edward remarked, seriousness washing over his face as everyone around him listened into the call with interest. "We have your back, remember that. We're counting on you."

With that, the phone stopped emitting sound. The call was ended. Quinn placed the red device back into it's rightful place as she let out a sigh. Running her hands through her hair with frustration, she visibly could not figure out what to do next.

After falling from the sky and saving her sister, Quinn had lost complete contact with Joseph, Jotaro and Polnareff. The last she had seen of Mr. Joestar was when she saw him confronting DIO. He seemed extremely conflicted with himself, leaving the young woman to wonder if he had figured out the secret to the vampire's Stand.

Walking out of the phone booth, the woman felt Cario's warm air brush against her face. Yet, no warmth could compare to the sensation she felt when touching her sister for the first and possibly last time in ages. Still, she knew she could not sulk any longer. Haru is still in danger if DIO does not fall. The same fate laid with Holly Kujo, Jotaro's mother. In her heart, she knew the dreamy delinquent would be changed for the worst if that sweet woman was not saved.

"Whoa! L-Look!" A voice screamed in fear and amazement. Letting out a small grunt of confusion, Quinn turned her head to the side to see a woman trembling in her place. Pointing her finger to the sky, she continued yelling in shock. "A man. A man just flew through the sky!"

"What?!" Quinn gasped, sprinting over to the woman. She looked as if she were about to faint from fear, but the teen did not care whatsoever. Grabbing the terrified civilian's shoulders with her calloused hands, Quinn yelled with full force. "Lady, what'd he look like?"

"H-Huh?" The woman responded, her cerulean eyes filling with surprise as she felt the teenager's grip increase in pressure. Quinn visibly growled as her blank violet orbs filled with anger, not enjoying the woman's hesitation. "U-Um, he was o-old. He wore a tan hat and was g-gushing blood!"

"Shit, it is Mr. Joestar!" Quinn cursed her eyes narrowing in the direction the woman pointed to. Releasing her rough hands from the terrified civilian's small shoulders, the wind picked up as the teen decided her plan. Summoning Hypatia, the currents of the breeze lifted the younger woman off the ground. "Thanks, lady!" Quinn yelled before blasting herself into the air.

Feeling the wind whip through her platinum blonde hair, Quinn steadied herself as she peered down onto the streets of Cario. She needed to find Mr. Joestar quickly. If she didn't, who knows what could happen to him. Especially when he was already wounded.

"The secret of his Stand, The World, is time!" Joseph yelled from beneath Quinn. Gasping in horror the woman looked down to the ground, relieved but terrified to see Mr. Joestar and Jotaro on the sidewalk. She felt her stomach churn with nervousness as she saw DIO as well.

Suddenly, the woman felt her body completely freeze. She could not breathe or feel, see or hear. She was in a void of nothingness, her conscious buzzing with shock. Quinn could not even summon Hypatia. But, she could feel the current around her. It was completely still, as if it were paused. Except, one figure stayed moving.

The sensation then stopped. A horrified scream left Quinn's lips as she felt herself falling. Even if it were for a millisecond, the terrible feeling she just endured had left her Stand completely stalled.

Joseph and Jotaro were horrified as well. Mr. Joestar had blood viciously gushing out of his chest, a knife completely lodged into his body while DIO menacingly stood over him. Still, as he watched Quinn fall from hundreds of feet in the air, he knew he had to use the last of his strength to help the two teens.

"Old Man!" Jotaro yelled as he watched his grandfather struggle on the concrete. He was extremely conflicted, watching Mr. Joestar die before him and Quinn almost plunge to her death.

"Stay back! Run Jotaro!" Mr. Joestar warned as Quinn neared the ground, desperately trying to control the uneasy currents. "Don't go near him. Keep your...distance...Stay away. Stay away from him. You're no... match..." He weakly pleaded, the young woman about to die on the street. Using the last of his strength, Joseph let out a determined chant. "H-Hermit Purple!"

Quinn's breath hitched in her throat as she felt the Hamon laced Stand wrap around her waist. Not being able to see what was happening to Mr. Joestar yet, the woman felt herself be placed onto the ground a few feet away from Jotaro. What she didn't understand was the disintegrating of the Old Man's Stand as she was finally safe.

"N-No." Quinn whispered, desperately grasping at the particles flying away in the wind. She begged for this all to be a dream, not wanting to believe that the man who had became a grandfather to her had died. Whipping her head viciously to DIO, she gritted her teeth in indescribable anger. "You bastard. I'll kill you!"

Jotaro's face turned dark. Despite being relieved Quinn was still alive, his heart squeeze with malice and ferocity as he glared at the vampire before him. Yet, DIO only mockingly smiled back at the duo. "I've already taken care of Kakyoin, too." He smirked, causing the young woman to visibly stiffen. "Polnareff must be hiding somewhere. But it doesn't matter." Raising his pale finger towards the duo, his eyes glinted with insanity. "You're next, Jotaro!"

"What about me, then?" Quinn screamed, her platinum locks falling over her face as she trashed in anger. Clenching her fists, the woman felt the vein in her neck pop from the over stimulation she felt due to her anger. "You have kept me alive all of this time, but what was the fucking use for it?! Because of you, I had to watch my own sister lose herself. I had to extract all the memories of me from her brain!" DIO only smugly smiled in response, but the young woman wasn't having it. "How could you be so inhumane? You have lost someone too, Dio Brando. You're forgetting that I now know your past in full detail. You lost your mother to a sick fate, so why.. just why... Why did you have to make me suffer and take Haru away from me?"

"You're weak." DIO simply responded, a smirk stretching viciously across his pale features. Not a speck of sympathy was in his heart despite the young woman's desperate pleading. Jotaro grew increasingly more angry as he watched Quinn slump her shoulders, noticing the empty look in her once star filled eyes. "I, DIO, have no connections like you mere peasants. I kept you alive because I simply want what is mine. But alas, you won't provide me those things. So, Quinn Forester. You are right up next after Jotaro. This Earth will be ridden of the Stardust Crusaders!"

"You bastard!" Jotaro growled, pushing Quinn behind him. The young woman gasped in shock as she looked up at the teen's face. His once calm and cool aqua eyes were swelling with an immense storm. He wanted blood, and it was obvious. Quinn attempted to protest, but he wouldn't allow it, sternly shoving the woman back as he began to walk forward towards his destiny.

"Goddammit, Jotaro." Quinn whispered, her breath ragged from the endless sobs she had emitted. "What did I tell you about not having to protect me?"

Quinn's eyes widened in fear as she watched the man she had begun to love walk towards DIO. The vampire still held the same sickening smirk on his lips, awaiting his happiness to be completed. "Oh? You're approaching me? Instead of running away, you're coming right to me. Even though your grandfather, Joseph, told you the secret of The World, like an exam student scrambling to finish the problems on an exam until the last moments before the chime? And despite your lover, Quinn, begged you to stay?"

Jotaro still continued walking forward, his eyes set on the prize. He was going to leave Cario alive, and he would make sure Quinn did alongside him. "I can't beat the shit out of you without getting closer." He remarked, ferocity booming through his words. Quinn had never seen Jotaro like this before, in full honesty, it terrified her.

DIO let out a sickening chuckle, causing Quinn's face to contort with disgust. "Then come as close as you like." He taunted, beginning to walk towards the delinquent.

Jotaro summoned Star Platinum, the purple being letting out an 'ora' as it struck DIO. Quinn let out a sigh of relief, remembering that Star Platinum was an extremely powerful Stand. Yet, that satisfaction turned to worry as the young woman realized that The World landed a hit on Jotaro instead, leaving a dark bruise on his thigh.

Quinn winced as she watched Jotaro glance at his wound, his teeth bared with anger. DIO cackled at the duo's reactions, smirking as he once again proved he was superior. "Too slow, too slow! The World is the ultimate Stand. Even without his power to stop time, his power and speed far exceed that of your Star Platinum."

"So it's the same type of Stand as Star Platinum. Not much range, but immense power and precise movements." Jotaro said, causing Quinn to perk up at the mention of range. The woman then realized that she actually had an advantage over DIO. Her Stand works best at long range, so when it came down to it, she could manipulate his surroundings from a far. The only problem was how he manipulated the currents of time. The young woman decided to stay quiet, deciding she would jump in only if extremely detrimental.

"I wanted to try a little test to see just how much more powerful The World was, compared to your Stand. Though it appears a test is hardly necessary."

"Test? Is that what you call just patting me, and not even enough to hurt? Well, I guess you ripped my twenty thousand yen pants, though." Jotaro said, disinterest lacing in his tone as he glanced down at the rip running down his clothing.

"Why are you Joestars so stubborn about admitting defeat?" DIO questioned, annoyed with the youngest Joestar's comment. "I suppose I shall rise to your silly provocation, and test you just a bit more." The vampire threatened, summoning his golden Stand once more.

Quinn watched in horror as strikes of purple and yellow clashed together, creating a brown hue from the opposing colors. What frightened her the most, was the red that never showed, for brown was the color of blood which was already dried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 658 19
This story takes part after stardust crusaders defeated DIO, but neither Avdol nor Kakyoin died. After defeating DIO, Avdol decided to stay in Egypt...
2 0 1
A hundred years ago, the world didn't know it was saved by Jonathan Joestar, an english man who took hiw own life to defeat his fiend, Dio, while the...
18.4K 886 47
イリデゼント ムーン が バリアと反射を作成できま What happens when a Japanese Delinquent, a Righteous Japanese Student, an old American trickster, an Egyptian Fortuneteller...
261 10 10
No man is an island. Even the strongest people could use a companion by their side-and Jotaro Kujo, whether he liked it or not, would have to deal wi...