Everybody's A Little Bit Gay

By LaneTatum

Amber Stines is straight even if most people around her are gay. Like her best friend Lexi Keeves, and Lexi's... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Note
Announcement

Chapter 21

15.2K 784 482
By LaneTatum

"Did you get M&Ms?" Lexi asked, checking the cart if we got everything on our list.

"I'm glad you said that cause I completely forgot,"

"This is why you should always have someone with you to remind you. You always forget things, Amber. What if one day you don't even know my birthday anymore?" She rolled her eyes with a sigh.

"Pfft. Me? Forgetting your birthday? Never. And I don't forget things all the time, just maybe every other day,"

"Which can be always,"

"Uh nope,"

"Uh yes,"

"Nope, nope, nope. Let's just go to the cashier, ok?" I pushed the cart away from her, but she grabbed me by the collar.

"Don't tell me you forgot the M&Ms again, Amber?"

I offered a sheepish grin before rushing to the chocolate section.

***

Halloween would be my second favourite holiday. Lexi helped me buy some chocolates and candies for the trick or treat that will happen at 6 pm. I'll be giving them away while Lexi, Kayla, and Lucy will go around to get some.

I used to go trick or treating along with my best friend since we were little, but as I grew up, I realized that I'd rather give candies to the kids and see their faces light up. It always makes me happy to see their missing teeth or their chubby cheeks that turn red when you pinch them.

It was a very cold night. The wind was howling, swaying the fallen leaves on the street. You can hear the rustling leaves in the trees as they sway slowly. Some kids were starting to get out of their houses with their guardians or friends. I was with Lexi who's wearing a scary clown costume with a mask to cover her face. I told her that she didn't need to wear a mask because she looks scary enough. I earned a hard shove from her. And as for me, I wore a Spider-woman costume that I bought 2 years ago, and I was shocked that it still fits me. I didn't bother to put on the mask and just tied my hair into a ponytail.

We walked on our way to Lucy's house to drop my best friend off while I go home after. I didn't know what her costume was and that left me to ponder. We were greeted by Kayla who wore a long black cape with fake fangs.

"Looking hot, babe," Lexi whistled, removing her mask to kiss her girlfriend on the mouth.

"Same to you. You still look hot with that clown costume,"

"Maybe you could bite my neck with that fangs of yours,"

"Mhmm, I will," Kayla purred, moving her head closer to her girlfriend's neck.

"Innocent kid here with innocent eyes and ears!" They stopped what they're doing, realizing that I was there as their faces flushed with embarrassment. "Hi, Amber. Oh hey, Kayla! You look good. Thank you, you look good as well. Why thank you, got this from the kid's section," I added, changing my voice to mimic Kayla as I talked to myself.

"You're so weird. Lucy will be out soon, she just couldn't find her bag."

I moved away from them before I go all invisible again and went in front of the door. I was about to knock but the door cracked open, revealing a very, very beautiful woman.

There she was. Wearing a long black dress with sleeves, her hair was done beautifully with big curls, and of course, her signature red lipstick. I was lost for words. I couldn't take my eyes off her.

"Why do you always stare at me?" She raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"I'm guessing what you might be," I lied.

She rolled her eyes, knowing that I lied. "As you can see, I'm a witch. A bitchy witch,"

I snorted. "Suits you. Now will you excuse me, I have to get going,"

My hand was grabbed by her, making me turn around. "Where are you going?"

"Home. I'm not coming with you guys, because I'm giving candies at home,"

"Can I come with you?" She asked without a second thought.

"I thought you don't like kids?"

"I don't. I'm just gonna watch you give candies. Can we also do trick or treating while going to your house?" Her mouth perked up as she clasped her hands, begging me to say yes.

How can I say no to that face? "Fine."

We left the lovebirds behind, our hands were intertwined as we walked on the street. We went to the first house we saw, knocked on the door twice and a pre-teen boy came into view, holding a bowl full of candies.

"Trick or treat!" I smiled at the little boy.

He stared at us for awhile, then he spoke. "Aren't you guys too old to trick or treat?"

This made Lucy scoff and roll her eyes at the boy. "Aren't you too young to disrespect people older than you?" She took a handful of candies in the bowl and dumped it in her bag, grabbing my hand after and led me away from the poor boy.

"Oh my god, I can see Lexi in you,"

"I'm worse." She said as a matter of fact.

"Much worse." I muttered in agreement.

Our hands didn't seem to disconnect throughout our stroll, but I didn't mind. With this cold weather, I was happy to feel the warmth from her touch and presence. We proceeded to knock on more houses and got plenty of candies. Once we're satisfied with what we have, we decided to go to my house.

My dad was outside the porch, placing candies in the little children's bags with a smile on his face, ruffling the hair of the little boy. His eyes fell on us. "Oh hey, Amber! Perfect timing,"

"Hey, dad. We just stopped by some houses to get some sweets,"

"Did you guys get a lot?"

I nodded. "Yup. By the way, this is Lucy," I pointed my finger to the girl beside me.

His eyes jumped to her, eyes narrowed to see her clearly since he wasn't wearing his glasses. "Is this the same Lucy you keep talking about and the one you've been giving a ride?"

My cheeks heated. I may or may not have been talking about her with my dad a couple of times. Lucy shot me a look, "You've been talking about me?"

"Just once," I denied.

"No, more than once," My dad said.

"You're so sweet!"

"It was just one time!"

"I doubt that,"

"No-" I stopped what I was going to say as my eyes settled on my dad's face. He was looking at our intertwined hands. I forgot that we were still holding hands. I slowly removed my hand and took the bowl from my dad's hands. "I'll take it from here, thanks, dad!"

"It was nice meeting you, Mr. Stines!" Lucy beamed.

"You too. And please call me, Channing. Seems like I'll be seeing you more often." He flashed us a mysterious smile and shut the door. I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking about what he meant by that.

"Aren't we gonna go inside and wait for someone to ring the bell?" Lucy questioned, grabbing a chair to sit on.

I put the bowl on the table that my dad set up and took a seat. "No, that would be tiring. It's cold out here and I'm sure we wouldn't get bored. We have each other,"

Her eyes sparkled up. "Wanna do something so we won't get bored?"

"Tell me," I played along.

She leaned close to me, biting her lips. "We could have sex,"

My stomach flipped, trying to contain the beating of my heart, but I brushed it off. I leaned closer to her, feeling her lips brush against mine. "And?"

"What is sex?" A small voice spoke out of nowhere.

We both jumped in surprise, pulling away as far from each other. I gave the little kid a sheepish look while Luce glared at her.

"It's something adul-"

Now I was the one glaring at her, sending her a message that she's just a kid. "Uh... It's... It's a monster! It's a monster that appears every Halloween. Once you say it's name, it will appear and haunt y-"

"Eat you," Lucy tried frightening her.

I slapped the back of her head. "No. It's not gonna eat you. It will haunt you,"

"Why did you say its name then?" The little girl wondered.

"Cause I am Sex," Lucy widened her eyes, making the kid yelped.

"No, she's not," I put a handful of sweets into her bag. "Here. Happy trick or treat! Don't forget to not say it's name!" I watched her move on to the next house before I faced the annoying girl.

"What?" She shrugged.

I rolled my eyes at her. As the night passed by, kids were coming to our house, saying 'trick or treat' as they showed their missing teeth. It warmed my heart to see them smile. Lucy did watch me as I gave out candies and she glared at each kid that came. I shoved the bowl to her direction and told her that I'll be the one to watch her give them out. With a pout, she agreed. Mostly because I pecked her cheek to make her say yes.

There's a new kid who's coming to us. He was wearing a dress and a very messy wig that wasn't even properly placed. He handed out his bag and said with a grin, "trick or treat!"

"You're not even scary," She scoffed.

"I am." The little kid replied.

"Who you might be?"

"My mom," That made Lucy smile and added more candies for being creative with his costume.

After that, a tall girl wearing a nun costume came up to us. As she got closer, I recognized the face.

"Blaire!" I stood up.

"I knew I was at the right house," She smirked, giving me a hug.

"A nun... don't you think it's too innocent for you?" I teased.

"I was supposed to be Catwoman but me and my friends got the wrong costumes and got this instead," She pouted.

"You still look great!" I complimented her.

"Thank you! I can say the same thing about you,"

"Hello ladies, I'm not sorry to interrupt, but here are your treats. Happy Halloween! Now beat it," Lucy stood beside me with a bitter smile directed at Blaire.

"What's with the attitude?" Blaire asked,

"Blaire, this is Lucy,"

"The Lucy. That's why she's being a little rude,"

"Lucy, this is Reed's older sister,"

"Nice to meet you," Lucy said sarcastically.

Blaire chuckled. "Just so you know, I was the one who helped Amber figure her sexuality,"

"Just so you know, I was the one who made her confused about it," Lucy smirked proudly.

Blaire rolled her eyes. "You know, I can sense your jealousy from here,"

"I'm aware."

"Calm down, me and Amber are friends." She smiled at me, grabbing my hand. "Nice to see you again, Amber,"

"We should hang out sometime along with my friends," I said.

"Oh totally! I'll text you whenever I'm free... Anyway, I better get going. Reed must be somewhere with our little nieces. We're babysitting and my two best friends are somewhere around here,"

We hugged again, glares were thrown at each other by Lucy and Blaire. I pulled away with a smile. "Thank you, Blaire. Tell him I said hi,"

"Will do. It was nice to meet you as well, Lucy," She gave her a genuine smile. Lucy saw that Blaire wasn't a threat. She let out a faint smile, shaking hands with her.

I sat down again, grabbing Lucy's hand. "Come on, Jea-Lucy. We still have a few candies left."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

740K 14.2K 15
Vee failed pre-calculus, and Amber becomes her tutor. The two become unlikely friends, but it begins to blossom into something more.
388K 7.6K 30
Natalie Wilson. Star Hockey Center and Captain for the WestHampton Warriors. She's had a crush on Scarlett Santoro since the 8th grade when she let h...
Into the REM By Brittney

General Fiction

15 2 2
Kayla believes that she has a curse. Anytime she dreams someone three times in a row, they ironically die. Luckily, she's found a rather difficult wa...
692 23 17
This Wrecked Rainbow- Book #1 Hi. My name is Amber Gail. I'm 16 and have auburn-red hair and blue eyes. I'm super popular and athletic and have stra...