PATHS | JJK ✓

By PL2298

❝[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.❞ What happens when two old friends and more precise... More

Chapter 1 ― Welcome Home
Chapter 2 ― Family Time
Chapter 3 ― ❝Surprise!❞
Chapter 4 ― Second Family
Chapter 5 ― Some Fresh Air
Chapter 6 ― Doctor Kim Hyejin
Chapter 7 ― HOPE Cafe
Chapter 8 ― An Odd Feeling
Chapter 9 ― Park Chaeyoung
Chapter 10 ― Free Time
Chapter 11 ― Passion
Chapter 12 ― Exhausted
Chapter 13 ― Too Soon
Chapter 14 ― Awkward Situation
Chapter 15 ― Shattered Heart
Chapter 16 ― Fight For This Love
Chapter 17 ― Another Day
Chapter 18 ― Feeling Nostalgic
Chapter 19 ― Comeback
Chapter 20 ― ❝To the girls and Jin!❞
Chapter 21 ― The Love of My Life
Chapter 22 ― Favourite Person
Chapter 23 ― Mentor
Chapter 24 ― Some Friends
Chapter 25 ― Ready
Chapter 26 ― Taking Responsibilities
Chapter 27 ― Relief
Chapter 28 ― Disappointment
Chapter 29 ― An Incredible Doctor
Chapter 30 ― Duty
Chapter 31 ― Jealousy
Chapter 32 ― A familiar feeling
Chapter 33 ― Prediction
Chapter 34 ― Nothing Happened
Chapter 35 ― Hours on Hours
Chapter 36 ― Take the chance
Chapter 37 ㅡ Still love
Chapter 38 ㅡ Weakness
Chapter 40 ㅡ Wake up
Chapter 41 ㅡ Fighting
Chapter 42 ㅡ Remorses
Chapter 43 ㅡ Dearest friend
Chapter 44 ㅡ Feelings
Chapter 45 ㅡ Us
Chapter 46 ㅡ Back to normal
Chapter 47 ㅡ Too perfect to be real
Chapter 48 ㅡ Secrets or Lies
Chapter 49 ㅡ Hatred
Chapter 50 ㅡ Let go
Chapter 51 ㅡ Negative
Chapter 52 ㅡ News
Chapter 53 ㅡ Revelation
Chapter 54 ㅡ Path
Chapter 55 ㅡ What If
{Bonus} Chapter 56 ㅡ Safe and sound
{Bonus} Chapter 57 ㅡ Shared Happiness
[Unpublished Chapter] Jeon Hyeri

Chapter 39 ㅡ Don't lose her

7.3K 332 167
By PL2298

A/n: This chapter will contain a bit of graphic content, blood and more. Please, be prepared or just skip it; I update every two days.

Also, I have a question for you! Do you like long books? I feel like the way I'm writing makes the book even longer than it might already is. I can maybe put more content into one chapter if you guys prefer. Lmk!

Ps: This chapter might be all over the place but hopefully you'll get the idea hehe.

Love always,
PL. ♥️

•••

Don't be trapped in someone else's dream.

—Kim Taehyung.

Chapter 39

DON'T LOSE HER

•••

"What do we got here?!"

Baekhyun's voice took over the sound of the sirens as yet another ambulance pulled in front of the Emergency service. The paramedics opened the EMS doors and revealed the unconscious patient.

"KIM HYEJIN. 26. EVIDENT TRAUMA TO THE HEAD, LEGS AND ARMS. JAW AND RIBS BROKEN. IN NEED OF IMMEDIATE INTUBATION." The paramedic shouted the patient's information as the state of emergency increased. Yet, the team of professionals wasn't moving.

All of them gasped at the image of their colleague laying before them, a common shock filling the air. Hyejin was unconscious on the gurney. She was completely disfigured. Her eyes were deep purple and swollen. She had lacerations on both eyes and lips. She was almost unrecognizable.

"COME ON ! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ?!"

Baekhyun immediately snapped back to reality. His hands started to shake as he rushed to Hyejin's side. The adrenaline was rushing through his veins but he knew he had to be in control. "OK, LET'S GET HER TO TRAUMA 1 AND PAGE NEURO AND ORTHO !"

Almost all of the on-call team were gathered around the Trauma 1: the residents, the surgeons, the nurses. None of them wanted to stay aside, not helping.

"WE NEED TO DO AN XRAY AND WHERE IS NEURO?!"

"Wow. Calm down Dr. Byun, I'm here." Chaeyoung entered the scene while tying her hair up, causing the entire unit to look up at her in surprise. "Someone read me her chart."

"I-I," Jaemin stumbled on his words as he had trouble focusing.

"Ok, someone else? Come on—" She stopped putting her gloves on when Baekhyun was the one looking up, staring deeply into her eyes with nothing but worries and sadness in his gaze. Chaeyoung's heart suddenly skipped a beat and a frown made its way to her face. "Dr. Byun? What's wrong?"

Baekhyun remained silent as he continued examining Hyejin.

Hesitant, Chaeyoung slowly made her way to the other side of the bed, where Hyejin's head was. In a split second, she thought she was dreaming; or at least, she hoped so.

She could feel the air decreasing in her lungs and getting stuck in her throat. Her eyes wandered everywhere on Hyejin's body going from her legs to her stomach then up to her face. The bruises that were covered with blood would have made it hard for anyone to identify her, especially since the swelling had reached its pick.

However, it wasn't anyone. It was her bestfriend. It was the one she could recognize anywhere, no matter the situation or circonstances.

"No.." She mumbled in the middle of all the chaos around her, "NO! HYEJIN! OH MY GOD! WHAT HAPPENED! SOMEBODY TELLS ME WHAT HAPPENED !"

Her hands wanted to reach for her face but the only idea of causing her pain refrained her.

"A couple saw a man throwing kicks at her in an alley and they stepped in but—"

"ORDER A HEAD CT NOW ! ADD A DOSE OF MORPHINE AND FOR GOD SAKE MOVE FASTER ! DID SOMEONE PAGE JIN ?! SOMEONE PAGE HIM 911 IMMEDIATELY!"

"You can't treat your family Dr.—"

"I'M THE ONLY NEURO ON-CALL TONIGHT. WHO WILL ?! YOU CALLED ME OK ?!" She bursted out in complete furry as tears started building up in the corner of her eyes. She held Hyejin's head in place while the other doctors wrapped her neck in a cervical neck, "WHERE ARE THE SCANS ?!"

"Ok Dr. Park, I will take over.." Another surgeon joined the team. Chaeyoung looked over her shoulder hysterically only to see Johnny. Her entire body was shaking as she tried hard to fight her emotions. Johnny placed a hand on her shoulder and gently spoke, "Let me do it. I got this."

"She's.." Her voice shook at the thought of her bestfriend.

"I know, Chaeyoung, but you can't treat your family. I got her. Come on." He insisted and with reluctance, she pushed herself to the side.

Chaeyoung sat down next to her bestfriend and trusted her team. While the room was filled with actions, she shut herself down.

She placed her arms around Hyejin's head, gently stroking her hair. She could finally get a full view of Hyejin's condition. Her heart broke in millions of pieces and the tears flowed. It was uncontrollable.

"It's ok, baby.. You are ok.." She repeated, letting her words fade into the air as another wave of emergency hit the room.

"SHE CAN'T BREATHE. PROCEEDING INTUBATION." Johnny announced and Chaeyoung automatically gave him some space, her hand never leaving her touch. Her eyes watched how Johnny was forcing the tube into Hyejin's mouth and the sight pained her. She couldn't handle it but she tried, for Hyejin.

"SHE WON'T BE STABLE FOR LONG ! LET'S GET HER TO SURGERY NOW !" Baekhyun yelled on top of everyone's voices. Everybody followed his words and began preparing her to move to the OR.

Chaeyoung stood up immediately and was about to follow the team only to be stopped by Baekhyun, "We'll take care of her Chaeyoung. Jin is on his way and—"

"You don't lose her, Baekhyun. She's my other half. I can't live without her, you hear me? Do what you gotta to do but bring her back intact." She held onto his sleeves tightly.

Baekhyun nodded and without thinking twice, he left.

——

Chaeyoung walked around the waiting area without taking breaks. She watched the seconds pass and the anxiety was raising.

"CHAEYOUNG-AH!" Jin's voice filled the quiet area. The girl immediately stood up upon seeing Jin running towards her. "WHAT HAPPENED ?! WHERE IS SHE ?!"

"She got harassed in an alley on her way here. And—" She stopped when her eyes fell on the upcoming guy. Jungkook followed his friend behind. Chaeyoung's eyes turned darker and her hands into fists.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT ! WHY DID YOU CALL HER ! WHY DID YOU TELL HER TO COME ! IT SHOULD BE Y—"

"I-"

"Chaeyoung, Chaeyoung.." Jin called her name twice before pulling her into his arms, freeing her tears almost instantly. As much as he was overwhelmed himself, Jin kept his status of the oldest taking care of others.

"Hyung! We're here!" Namjoon's voice echoed, followed by the sound of footsteps. The whole group was now entering the waiting area, all of them as worried. The adrenaline had completely eliminated all traces of alcohol in their systems.

"Chae.." Jimin spoke out softly. He slowly reached out to her, caressing her arms, before looking up at his elder, "I'll take her hyung."

Jin nodded. He tried his best to contain his feelings. He turned around and met the youngest's gaze.

"What is she talking about? She was with you?"

Jungkook was lost. He nibbled his inner cheek as he tried to keep himself together. "She came over to talk. We only had a conversa—"

"At the club?"

"Yes and—"

"And you didn't walk her to her car?" Jin took one step further.

"No, I didn't know—"

"I think you better go." Jin cut him off as he tightened his hands. His expression was one never seen before on Jin's face. Rage. Hatred. Pain. They were all present.

"Hyung, it's Jungkook."

"Jin hyung.." Taehyung followed Hoseok's words but the elder remained serious, his eyes never leaving the youngest.

"Hyung, it's not Jungkook's fault." Namjoon tried to calm the situation but it was Hyejin they were talking about. No one was as precious as her in Jin's heart. It was his little sister, his "little-me".

"I said go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 674 67
"Cause this is unlimited love. I'll wait for her." . "If fate makes us face each other again and if he still loves me like he said before, than I'll...
193K 9.6K 52
"Take me back." "It's a bit late don't you think?" "But I never stopped loving you." Jimin argued not wanting to let this love go. Ever since he move...
1.2M 67.9K 44
[sequel to online] ☾after two years of separation, they meet again.☽ © whaelien 2016 #299 in fanfiction-08.14.2016 started-06.20.16 completed-10.13.16
12.1K 1K 40
❪BTS - 방탄 소년단❫ ❝His dreams come true, so do his 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴.❞ •••• BTS FF A Horror + Mystery + Suspense (au) Highest Ranking: (yet to come)...