A Place To Call Home [OC x Ak...

By Gasai-

[3rd place Naruto Watty Awards (2014-15 winter) - Akatsuki] [1st Place Akatsuki Watty Awards 2015 Winter - Ot... More

A debt repaid part 1
Grasping my bearings part 2
True intensions revealed part 3
Going mental part 4
Tila's answer part 5
This is, Oh so wrong part 6
I was better off alone part 7
A new face arrives part 8
What Is This Feeling part 9
The truth surfaces part 10
Decisions, Decisions part 11
Nothing is as it seems part 12
I Really Should Invest In A Four Leaf Clover part 13
The world shall know pain part 14
Planting the seed of doubt part 15
Dreams and Jutsu part 16
Secrets part 17
Storm Release part 18
Unexpected end to a long day part 19
Long awaited fight part 20
Tilas First Mission Part 21
Eternity Is A Curious Thing Part 22
Covert Operation Part 23
Bounty Hunting And Sake Part 24
Nine Phantom Dragons Part 25
Distorted Reality Part 26
Alter-Ego part 27
Snow Fall Part 28
His True Feelings Part 29
Smoke And Mirrors Part 30
Revisiting The Past Part 31
Come With Me Part 32
Washing Sorrow Away Part 33
Making Kakuzu Proud Part 34
Explosions Part 35
The Reality Of Love Part 36
A Graveyard Of Colour Part 37
Intuition Part 38
Ulterior Motives Part 39
Gone For Good Part 40
Change Of Heart Part 41
Just Like Old Times Part 42
Tesselate Part 43
Fear Part 44
Quite The Predicament Part 45
Heed My Warning Part 46
Held Captive Part 48
The Akatsuki's Rebirth Part 49
The Reunion Part 50
Every Second That Ticks By Part 51
Guilty Conscience Part 52
Break Of Dawn Part 53
Lost In Confusion Part 54
The Tale Of Tila Part 55
Giving It A Chance Part 56
Silhouette Part 57
Salvaging The Remains Part 58
Misunderstood Part 59
The Sharingan Part 60
The meeting Part 61
The Plot Thickens Part 62
The Awakening Part 63
Don't Let Tomorrow Come Part 64
The Devil In Disguise Part 65
The Place I Call Home Part 66
Special Message
Epilouge Whispers Of My Mind
SUPER IMPORTANT

The Ultimate Sacrifice Part 47

550 29 10
By Gasai-

The time had come to wake up, to make our move. Nagato had decided that Konan and the six paths would invade the village while I had cast them under a long ranged Jutsu. But for our plan to work then Nagato would need to implant Chakra signallers into my skin.

I winced slightly as he pierced my collar bones and thighs with his long thin black rods although I soon found out that it didn't hurt as much as I'd anticipated. When Nagato had finished piercing me with the last rod Konan and the six paths set out to the outskirts of the village where they would wait for our signal.

"Are you ready?" Nagato asked from beside me. I slowly nodded at him and then closed my eyes.

"I'm ready."

All went silent and dark- images flicker through my mind. Memories that made me mad. Made me hurt. That unnerving dark Chakra ripples within me. It starts to expand, now taking over my body as though at my very own will. The darkened scenery of my mind starts to change - I see glimpses of a happy village, people laughing and talking as they walk down the bright streets. Eating barbecue on a nice day and Ninja playing Shogi.

Seeing everyone in this village, so happy, carefree.

For some reason it made me angry.

Was I jealous?

Jealous that they were so ignorant to what lays outside of their delusion of peace? The anger I felt started to show when the sunny village I imagined started to turn dark. The skies above become shrouded in ominous cracking thunderclouds.

I imagined streaks of lightning hitting innocent civilians as they went by their daily business but as the thunder rolled in and people started to be struck by the darkly looming lightning above, the mood within the village began to change rapidly.

People started to scream and run down the streets in a panic. Shinobi started to gather on the rooftops and attempt to deflect my lightning but it was no use, I continued to strike them down at random. I felt a deep pulse in my head as I continued to attack the village within my Genjutsu.

"Now." I whisper to Nagato, who, was still waiting patiently beside me for the signal. I could feel myself physically standing next to him while in my mind I violently attacked the village that was only kilometres away.

"I'm searching for the Jinchuriki now Tila, but no one seems to be talking" he informs me.

"Well then, we may have to be a little more forceful in out methods" I suggested, continuing to knock down buildings and destroy their beloved village within my mind.

Hours must have passed by before we had made any progress.

"Mount Myuboku," Nagato finally said.

"How should we approach this now then?" I asked, eyes still closed, deep in concentration.

"Well, well.. I don think we will have to look far, Tila. He just appeared."

"Should I retract my Genjutsu then?" I asked.

"Yes, I wouldn't want you to wear yourself out" Nagato replied.

I opened my eyes and snapped out of my imagination, a wave of light headedness hit. So, I took in a few deep breaths to try and relax.

"Are you alright?" Nagato asked me.

"I'm fine, what's happening out there?" I asked curiously. If the Jinchuriki had finally showed up then the real battle had only begun, and, I was already weakened from having to cast such a draining Jutsu.

I sat down on the floor and continued to regulate my breathing as Nagato explained the details of his encounter with the nine-tails too me. I felt worry as he went on, describing how the nine-tails was using sage mode and that a few paths had already been taken down but, he reassured me that everything would be alright so, I stayed seated for a little while longer and listened carefully to his conversation with the boy.

Naruto.

After a while longer Nagato informed me that the boy had started to take the nine-tails form.

I listened intently to the details Nagato described to me as he continued to battle relentlessly with the Jinchuriki.

Doesn't this kid ever quit?

By the looks of the battle so far it seemed as though this kid was really giving us a run for our money. Worry overtook again, the thought of us failing our mission... No, we cannot fail. But, as I Listen to Nagato speak I felt a strange tingle inside myself.

"Nagato" Konan called as she ran up to us from the entrance of the paper tree.

"He's alright Konan..." I told her, but, she looked from Nagato's weakened state back to me from my place on the floor.

"What had happened?" Konan asked, now seeming more calm.

There was a moments silence and then Nagato gasped out suddenly.

Konan and I both watched him closely.

"The final remaining Pain had been broken" Nagato announced.

"Broken?" Konan asked anxiously.

"What?" I stammered..

"Nagato" Konan said breathlessly. The sudden reality of what was happening hit me. This kid..

Had he truly defeated all six paths of Pain?

"But.. How did this happen?" I asked in astonishment.

"Naruto is on his way here, I wish to talk to him," Nagato explained.

"But Nagato.. If he comes here then surely.." Konan gulped thickly before finishing her sentence.

"While we battle.. I noticed there was something different about him Konan.. We will wait for him.. I want to ask him a question and I want hear what he has to say," Nagato explained weakly.

While he'd battled through he told me of the Jutsu he'd used to destroy the village.

Planetary devastation.

Even the name sounded awfully draining. My anxiety intensified ten fold about the situation ahead but there was nothing I could do to oppose Nagato's decision.

After all he was still my Leader.

I swallowed my anxiety, Konan and I did as Nagato wished.

We waited.

___________________________

Eventually we heard the paper doors open and footsteps approach. Konan quickly jumped in front on Nagato to shield him and I stood up too but Nagato interjected.

"Konan, Tila, stay out of it," Nagato told us.

"but Nagato..." Konan turned her head as she attempted to reason with him.

"It's alright" Nagato reassured her. I looked back over to the entrance where the nine-tails boy was now approaching from. Konan stepped aside.

"Are you him? Are you the real Pain?" The boy named Naruto asked as he stood before us.

There was a moments silence as Konan and I waited for Nagato's answer.

"So the peacemaker come stumbling in at last" Nagato said darkly.

I watched as Naruto's eyes started to flicker slightly.

"Tell me, do you hate me now? I'm the object of your vendetta. Do you wish to exact revenge on me?" Nagato asked him, but, Naruto just winced slightly as he stood there. It's as if he didn't know what to do. As if he was deeply pained by something that he was thinking about.

"Killing Nagato and achieving vengeance isn't going to do a single thing to change the world. You will only get personal satisfaction," Konan interjected.

Naruto continued to stare intently at the three of us as we stood before him.

"If you could not find the answer to true peace then there is nothing more you can do. So, do the just thing and simply sacrifice yourself to me and to the peace that I shall soon construct" Nagato said fiercely. A hidden door at the front of his bucket contraption opened and suddenly shot out a long black thick rod at the boy. It hit him in the middle of his chest and he lent his head down as it pierced straight through his body.

"From this short distance I'm able I completely manipulate your every move with my Chakra, but don't worry. I've avoided your vital spots because your invaluable to me Jinchuriki" Nagato said. I watched in surprise as the boy raised his head at Nagato's words.

His red eyes filled with hate. All of a sudden Nagato let out a small gasp and lowered his head.

"What's wrong Nagato?" I asked, looking to him worriedly.

"What is it?" Konan asked, anxiety evident in her voice. Nagato raised his head, staring at the boy again..

"I came here to talk to you.. But, I also wanted to check something out" the Jinchuriki said.

"Check out.. What?" Nagato asked curiously. The Jinchuriki winced as he mustered his answer.

"I wanted to see how I would actually feel if I stood before my enemy, I wonders what I'd do.. I didn't even really know myself," the blonde boy said, he was slowly starting to pull out the Chakra rod imbedded into his stomach.

"And?" Nagato questioned further. Naruto pulled out the rod and then looked back up in a sudden rage.

"I really can't forgive you, I want to kill you so badly I can't stop shaking" Naruto yelled in a fury.

The rod slipped out of him and Konan and I stared in shock at his sheer determination. Suddenly, Naruto threw down the Chakra rod and started to run at us. Konan quickly dodged in front of Nagato but just before Naruto made contact he stopped in his tracks. Now only a foot in front of Konan.

"Pervy sage.. said that he truly believed that the day would come when everyone would understand one another.. To tell you the truth, I wasn't really paying much attention to what he was saying. He said he would pass on his quest onto me. I was just glad he was complimenting me as his student. Thinking back now, I finally understand what he was trying to say, that nothing in this world is that simple."

Naruto's words filled my mind..

He too then..

Was looking for the same thing we were?...

"However," Nagato interjected, "That still doesn't change the fact that your can't forgive me, human love is not so worthless that you can just sweep it under the rug."

"Yeah, you're right about that. That's for sure," Naruto admitted, "Jariyah sensei's word reflect an idealism from an era that is long gone. Reality is too different. I thought you said you would take me down and that you would bring peace to this Shinobi world. But those are just more empty words, all you really want is to exact your own personal revenge and if that is it then so be it... You are not a god. Now that you see reality for what it is can you really still believe in Jariyah sensei's ridiculous words and outdated thoughts." Nagato argued passionately.

"when I found out that you'd been pervy sages students too I thought of something that I've been wanting to ask you.." Naruto told Nagato.

"What?" Nagato asked curiously.

"How is it possible that you were all his students and still ended up the way you are now! I can see that your not like those other Akatsuki.. The ones who just seem to enjoy killing.. But I still, I don't really know anything about you yet, so... I need to hear your story. Then I'll give you my final response" Naruto said.

"You know nothing about the Akatsuki, who are you to judge them." I said. There was a small silence..

"It's alright Tila" Nagato whispered to me.

"Very well, we'll tell you everything about our pain" after some contemplation Nagato agreed.

___________________________

Nagato went into his past and I continued to listen intently to the conversation. I was slightly in shock at the fact that this Jinchuriki was so different from the rest.. This boy had a real spirit inside of him. A force that drove him .. Made him strong inside.

Eventually Nagato had finished his long story.. And Naruto was about to give his answer.

___________________________

They talked about how a story from their Sensei was originally about Nagato but, then Nagato realised that in fact the true character to their sensei's books was Naruto.

Nagato's eyes widened and it's as if all of a sudden he had realised.

Realised that his answer for peace may have been wrong..

That maybe Naruto answer to find peace truly was the right one.

As I listen to Nagato and Naruto talk I also started to second think everything that had happened.. Was this boy really this serious about finding peace..

My heart sank slightly at Nagato's next words..

"I think I shall believe in you after all.. Naruto Uzumaki." There was a deep silence that followed. Konan and I watched in shock as Nagato looked over toward us.

"Tila, there's something I want to do for you before I leave this earth" Nagato said as he lifted his hands and formed a sign to channel Chakra.

"Wh.. What are .. You doing?" I stammered, I couldn't believe what was happening before my eyes..

This boy.. had .. somehow.. changed Nagato's mind?

"Nagato you can't!!" Konan screamed.

"It's alright Konan, Tila I've sit back and watched you suffer for a long time.. " Nagato reassured her, I stared in confusion .. What was he going to do?

"I'm going to bring back every member of the Akatsuki that has died for you" Nagato explained.

"But.. How.." I whispered, tears starting to fall down my cheeks.

"From here on, I leave the Akatsuki in your capable hands Tila.. I want you to join Naruto in his quest for peace " Nagato explained.

I felt shivers run up my spine. The Akatsuki .. reborn? Me, their leader?

I watched in shock as Konan explained the consequences of using this Jutsu and I gasped as I realised he was about to trade his own life for those of the village and of the Akatsuki. A deadly silence filled the room, Naruto, Konan and I watched Nagato as his body fell limp as soon as the Jutsu had been casted.

"So you've decided to betray us." A dark familiar voice spoke from behind me.

Before I could turn around to see who was there I felt a tight cold thick chain wrap around my body. I couldn't use my Chakra - the sight of Naruto and Konan's shocked expressions began to swirl out of vision.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.8K 3K 45
[THIS STORY IS NOT PART OF A LETHAL WEAPON SAGA] It had been almost five years since Hanako left the Village, but now―after finally mastering Essence...
278 17 12
Naruto is the jailor for the village's most hated demon, Kurama. He puts up a physiological mask to help both lessen the physical pain, and to help h...
41.7K 792 10
Akatsuki x reader HC, drabbles, scenarios, etc. The first couple of chapters were written long ago and really suck, so sorry. Gender Neutral Reader P...
9.8K 546 36
She was mute, because of the man who killed her mother, father, and siblings, hell her entire village. She didn't have any friends because there were...