𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧�...

By soulsyncable

"𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐭, 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧' 𝐭𝐚 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐢... More

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓
𝐀𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐒
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦
𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚
𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐢𝐜𝐞
𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐇𝐞 𝐄𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫
𝐇.𝐐
𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟
𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐲
𝐇𝐲𝐦𝐧𝐞 𝐀 𝐋'𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐲, 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐁𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞
𝐊𝐞𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐞
𝟏𝟗𝟐𝟏
𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐤
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐲'𝐬 𝐂𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐬
𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐬
𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 & 𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐤
𝐆𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐀' 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐬
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐎𝐟 𝐔𝐡-𝐎𝐡'𝐬
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐈𝐈
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐀 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲
𝟒
𝐅𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐅𝐮𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞
𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐲
𝐒𝐚𝐲 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐓𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐝
𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭
𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐎𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐞
𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐙𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐑 𝟖
𝟏𝟖
𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝟕𝟓𝟎
𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬
𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐢
𝐀 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬
𝐄 + 𝐇
𝐀 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝
𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐮𝐦
𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡
𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐔𝐩𝐨𝐧
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐆𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐔𝐩 𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐆𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐔𝐩 𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐈
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬
𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐡
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝
𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭
𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬 & 𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬
𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐲 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬
𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦
𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐡
𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐠
𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐬
𝐏𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐬
𝟒𝟒𝟒
𝐀𝐫𝐤𝐡𝐚𝐦 𝐀𝐬𝐲𝐥𝐮𝐦
𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐧 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝
𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐲
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐏𝐢ñ𝐚𝐭𝐚
𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭
𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐡, 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐈
𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐡, 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐈
𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐡, 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐈𝐈
𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞
$𝟕.𝟓𝟖
𝐒𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐒𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐝
𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐬
𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝐀 𝐌𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝
𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐭
𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐎𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐑𝐞𝐝
𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬!
𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬: 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢
𝐍𝐮𝐧𝐲𝐚
𝐒𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐲
𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝐀 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐬
𝐆𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧
𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐈𝐈
𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭
𝐈𝐭 𝐅𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐀 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦: 𝐌𝐫. 𝐉
𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐄𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥
𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫
𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐓𝐨 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨
𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭
𝐑𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢
𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞

𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

8.8K 345 61
By soulsyncable

♢♦♢
ACTUALLY, NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT, I'VE ALWAYS BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP WHERE THE OTHER PERSON BROUGHT A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SIDE OF ME.. OR IS IT THE OTHER WAY? GEEZ, ALICE! I'M NOT SURE IF I ATTRACT CRAZY OR IF I MAKE THEM THAT WAY
♢♦♢

The short, black-haired vampire guides the criminally insane seventeen-year-old up the flight of carefully designed stairs in order to keep her and herself occupied while Bella and the Cullen family continue to talk downstairs. As they ascend, the blonde takes in all of the fancy, one-of-kind decor pieces from around the world. There are Ethiopian crosses, Dresden China, Asian scrolls and so much more that make the interior of the house beautiful. Finally, they reach the landing to find a wall of dozens of artistically arrayed silk squares with tassels. Harley tilts her head to the side and looks closer at the strange piece of art. ".. Cupcake, are those.. graduation caps," she asks.

"Hmm?" Alice stops in her tracks and spins to find Harley curiously staring at the board. "Oh," she laughs, "It's just a private joke between my family and I. We move schools a lot, so whenever we graduate, Esme takes our graduation caps and puts them on there."

Harley looks up at her with a pair of innocent eyes and an understanding frown. "School must suck, don't it?"

"Hmm..," Alice descends a single step and stands directly in front of the blue-eyes human,"Not really." She turns and stares at the neatly organized graduation caps. "When you have nothing but time, going to school becomes the most interesting thing you do."

"Awe, Pud'.." Harley's eyes soften. She ascends a step and rests the side of her head on Alice's marble-like shoulder. The both of them stare at the unique art piece. ".. Have ya ever thought of doin' somethin' different? Like, maybe.. going to college, like me, or working a professional job."

Alice smiles down at her. "We have. We all studied something. Esme studied architecture, art and photography, Edward has two medical degrees, Rosalie did electrical engineering and business, and I have several degrees in fashion design and international business. I actually worked with Gianni Versace in his 1991's Spring lineup. I helped him with the Marilyn Monroe dress in her 'Pop' collection," she replies.

Harley gasps and looks at her. "The one with Naomi Campbell," she asks. Alice proudly nods her head. The human blonde grins. "Tell me more," she says, genuinely interested in Alice's adventures. She wraps her arm around the vampire's shoulders and walks with her up the stairs. They continue to talk as they make their way to Alice's room.

Not too far from the Cullen's home, in Grisham Mill, a muscular security guard, crouched in a dark corner, releases a ragged breath. Tears and sweat drips off his terrified face as he breathes in short gasps. He tries his best to stay silent, but his attacker has a set of highly sensitive ears. Suddenly, he sees a shadow move past him at the speed of light. He jerks around when another shadow flies past him. The security guard, terrified, bolts up the flight of stairs. The harsh lights from the exterior of the mill striate him while he tries to move as fast as he possibly can. He desperately runs for his life, constantly looking over his shoulder with terror.

A shadow, several floors below, suddenly charges after him at an incredible speed. Everything about it is anything but human. It speeds through a maze of pillars and walkways. It dodges skull-crushing beams and leaps from one floor to the next, then up ladders, scaffolds and beams. With each step it takes, the closer it gets to the frightened man. It begins to close in on him, but then the security guard bolts out a grey door.

The guard bursts out onto a stair landing and goes to continue running, but loses his footing and trips. He breaks through a rail and pitches over the side, into the air and stops, hovering mid-air, a yard from the landing. Out of nowhere, a hand grips his shirt and tanks him out of the air with an incredible strength. He releases a guttural scream, but gets choked short. His blood spreads out onto the landing.

"Wow! I can't believe you actually met Erin Benach! Is it true she keeps the head of her dead husband in a mini cooler? Cause that would be hella' sick," Harley asks, laughing. Her and Alice stop in front of  a door by the end of the hallway.

Alice chuckles and shakes her head. "Where do you even read this stuff," she asks, her hand resting on the door's silver doorknob.

Harley simply shrugs her shoulders. "The Dark Web," she casually replies. The vampire stares at her with wide eyes. Completely nonchalant, Harley looks at her and continues. "Yeah, it has all sorts of useful info. It's like the Wikipedia for criminals like me!" She proudly grins and places her hands on her waist. Alice simply smiles and opens the door to her bedroom. Harley follows her inside, her eyes widening with pure amazement. "Wow," she awes.

Alice's and Jasper's room is covered in purple paint and pieces of magazine pages. Instead of a bed, there's a grey couch and a faux wood coffee table. Off to the corner, underneath a colorful Marilyn Monroe painting, stands a set of mannequins.

Harley spins around to get a full 360 view of the entire room. Laughing, she looks at Alice and points to the room. "This.. This is amazing," she exclaims.

Alice grins and walks across the room. "And that's not the best part," she replies. She stops in front of a double door and places her hand on top of the doorknob. In front of her, Harley bubbles with curiosity and anticipation. Alice pulls open the door to reveal a walk-in closet that's larger than the room itself. Before them are racks of various clothing; formal wear, casual clothes, sleepwear, dresses, etc. The walls are lined with shelves of accessories and trinkets. Alice immediately begins to mentally dressing Harley in everything she sees.

"Oh. My. God," Harley whispers, totally awed by the amount of clothing in Alice's closet. Next to her, Alice quietly giggles at her reaction. Off in the corner, hangs a burgundy ball gown dress. She lifts an eyebrow and looks at Alice. "Is this..?"

"Prada's 1999 Miuccia Prada dress? .. Yes, yes it is," Alice replies with a smile. Harley stares at her with wide eyed and a gaped mouth. The vampire giggles and grabs her hand, leading her to the priceless dress. She grabs the dress off the silky hanger and moves to stand behind Harley, placing it over her chest. Harley looks at herself through a massive, silver mirror and slowly smiles. "I was gonna wear it to prom, but.. I think it looks a heck of a lot better on you," Alice continues.

Harley looks down at the dress, then at Alice's reflection. ".. Alice Cullen, I could literally marry you right now," she says, smiling. The woman behind her giggles and pecks the tattooed heart on her cheek.

Not even a minute later, they can be seen surrounded by piles of shoes and clothes. Harley holds a gigantic garbage bag while Alice randomly tosses clothes at her. Harley aims to get the clothes inside the bag, but fails as Alice is too quick. "Ooh," Alice exclaims. She slowly turns around to show the seventeen-year-old a pair of blue velvet heels. Wide-eyed, Harley simply nods her head.

Grinning from ear to ear, Alice hands Harley one of the outfits she selected for her and pushes her behind a beige curtain enclosure, and for once, Harley doesn't hesitate to go inside. Once she's inside, she immediately unravels the outfit the vampire had given to her. It suits her perfectly, a colorful blouse dress-shirt with frills all down the front, along with glittery pants. Immediately, her eyes sparkle. Moments later, she pops the curtain open and exits the enclosure, beaming a bright smile. Alice squeals and bounces up and down.

"Crap," Harley groans. She tries to drag a heavy, plastic bag full of clothes behind her. Next to her, Alice gracefully takes the bags out of her hands and sets them on a corner. With success, the two girls high-hive each other.

Moments later, Harley and Alice are sitting on Alice's couch while Esme's antique radio plays a 1950's song in the background. Alice rubs a dot of nail oil onto Harley's nails, finally deciding to break the invisible ice. "So.. Edward told us you knew about our existence from the beginning," she casually says and moves to the other finger.

Harley looks up at her and shrugs her shoulders. ".. Yeah. Mista' J knew lots of people in Gotham," she simply replies.

Alice stares at her and understandingly nods her head. It's obvious that the Joker is a sensitive subject for Harley. His death completely changed her. Her shift could've been for the better or for the worst, it really depends on how you look at it. ".. What was he like," Alice decides to bite the bullet and ask the lingering question.

Her question almost instantaneously brings a smile to Harley's face. "My Mista J, he.. he was a wildly fun psychotic clown, literally," she laughs and tears up while she continues. "You just never knew what to expect from him. I guess that's partially why a little part of me thought he wasn't.. really dead and that he was just playin' funny tricks on me, like he always does, ya know." In front of her, Alice soothingly rubs her shoulder. Harley maneuvers herself to lay down beside Alice. Alice repeats the same motion and allows her to place her head on her shoulder. "I don't know. I guess it was silly of me," she whispers.

Alice looks down at her, then at the bottle of nail polish in her hand. "How'd you meet him? Hm?"

Harley looks up at her and laughs. "I was actually still a psychiatrist when I meet him, real unprofessional, I know," she smiles and thinks back to that day in Arkham, "But, i guess that, in a way, it was fate for us to meet... And as to how I got like this," she shrugs her shoulders, "I guess you can say every woman has a crazy side that only the right man can bring out," Harley finishes it off. She thinks about it for a moment before she continues, "Actually, now that I think about it, I've always been in a relationship where the other person brought a totally different side of me.. or is it the other way around? Geez, Alice! I'm not sure if I attract crazy or if I make them that way!" Her and Alice laugh together. Alice nods her head for her to continue while she continues to massage the oil onto her cuticles.

Harley takes a deep breath and smiles. "Well, either way, the Joker and I had a good run together. The two of us became the king and queen of Gotham.. Can't no one stop us.. except for the bat," she says, her face scrunching with anger. Alice shoots her a confused look. Harley sighs and continues, "He killed my Puddin'. Drove him right into the mud and left him to die! Now, don't get my wrong, my Buttercup could be mean, with him killin' all those people, but he didn't deserve that.. And yes, he was a little rough with me sometimes, but he loved me, really. It wasn't until his death that I felt totally confused in who I was and how the hell I was going to get out of Belle Reve. It was then that I realized.. I have always been dependent on him. Jack moved the sun and moon for me. That total wack job was my everything and more. So when he passed, I promised myself to never love a man with green hair again. They're crazy, you know," she says with all seriousness. Alice intensively listens to her story. "And, in a really weird way, I'm kind of glad I went to Belle Reve.. It gave me a lot of time to think of where to go next."

Alice looks up at her and smiles. "And where's that?"

Harley face breaks into a soft smile. "Maybe startin' a family.. havin' a little Pud', or two, in my arms, livin' in a huge mansion with high ceilings and a gigantic kitchen with every appliance you could ever think of."

".. What about your family? Don't you want to see them again?"

Harley scrunches her face with confusion. "Yeah.. How did ya know 'bout that?"

The black-haired girl giggles. "Well, you know how some of us have abilities," she asks. Harley nods her head, curious. "Well, I can see the future.. Edward can read minds and Jasper can manipulate emotions."

Harley's blue eyes widen in size. "Wow! That's really cool! Does Rosie, Emmie and your parents have powers too?"

Alice hums and tilts her head. "Well, not really.. but Carlisle is really good at what he does, Esme is really good at making others feel comfortable around her, Emmett is really strong and Rosalie has enhanced beauty."

The blonde's eyes glimmer with curiosity. "Wow, I'm sup's jealous. Your family is really cool," she chuckles and continues, "I wonder what my power would be.. probably drivin' people crazy, like me," she says and beams a goofy smile.

Alice laughs and shakes her head. "Trust me, it'd be something special," she replies and pokes Harley's nose. She looks ahead and smiles softly. "But, yes.. my ability is the only thing I brought from my past. Everything else is just.. blank."

Harley's eyes soften slightly. She places her hand over Alice's and smiles. ".. Sometimes not remembering is better than remembering. Take it from me, I got a PhD."

Alice cracks a small smile. ".. Yeah, but a little part of me wonders what really happened to me.. and if I have family out there, somewhere."

Harley thinks about it for a moment. "...Well, if you really want to know," she leans over Alice and snatches her bag off the ground, "I know a guy. Goes by 'Copper Penny,' his real name is Jason Bard," she says while writing a phone number onto a piece of red origami paper. "That man is a legend. He helped me find my Baby Lou." Once she's finished, she hands it to Alice with a smile.

Alice gently takes the piece of paper out her hand. "Who's Lou?"

".. My pet dog," she responds. "Found him wandering around Chinatown with his new doggie girlfriend. Had to give him away, though. Stupid landlord said, 'No pets allowed! No loud music! Harley, no plastic explosives! No this! No that!' Fucking pussies. That's why I had someone shit on her doorstep, left her a good morning present," Harley sighs and looks at her lap, "But.. I know Jane is takin' good care of my Baby Lou."

Alice cracks a small smile and looks down at the piece of paper. She's been wanting to get in contact with her family, but she's been hesitant to do so. Maybe this is where it starts.

Harley glances at her and grabs her hand. "It won't hurt to try, Cupcake.. And if, for whatever reason, you can't find your family, you're always welcomed in mine. Just a warning though, we're real crazy. Once, my dad traded me for a pack of beer, true story. They returned me the same day, but ya know how it is with kidnappers. Always so indecisive."

Alice looks momentarily shocked, but quickly covers it with a soft smile. She holds onto her hands. ".. Alright, come on! Let's wash these off," she says. She watches Harley laugh while climbing off the couch and slips out of the room. She projects a hopeful smile and looks down at the phone number.

FIN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 91.6K 59
❝ 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔 𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗬𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗘- 𝗜𝗠 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗪𝗔𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗢 𝗕𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗨𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗬 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗨�...
432K 7.1K 27
𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚂𝚠𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚎 𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚁𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚎. 𝙱𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊 �...
146K 4.7K 26
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍| ❝Why did you just leave me like that?❞ ❝Because I thought ...
68K 2.3K 24
.  . • ☆ . ° TWILIGHT.• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ ❝Your feelings and mine are all lonely And dawn comes, you're there lying with me And you reach out to touch ...