Primrose [BnHA Various x Read...

By smol--might

You, Y/n L/n, are a member of Class 1A and your quirk, Vampirism, was always seen as a "villainous" ability... More

About You
Part One | Entrance Exams
Part Two | Entrance Exams 1.5
Part Three | The First Steps
Part Four | Quirk Assessment Test
Part Six | Battle Training 1.5
Part Seven | Do Your Best Iida
Part Eight | Do Your Best Iida 1.5
Part Nine | Encounter with the Unknown
Part Ten | Game Over
Part Eleven | All Might
Part Twelve | In Each of our Hearts
Pro Hero Parents
Part Thirteen Season Two | That's the Idea Ochako
Part Fourteen | Roaring Sports Festival
Part Fifteen | In Their Own Quirky Ways
Part Sixteen | Strategy, Strategy, Strategy
Part Seventeen | Cavalry Battle Finale
Part Eighteen | The Boy Born With Everything
Part Nineteen | Victory or Defeat
Part Twenty | Battle on, Challengers!
Mini Notice
Part Twenty-One | Bakugou vs. Uraraka
Part Twenty-Two | Free for All
Another Progress Update
Okay, Important Halloween Poll
Halloween Havoc
Indefinite Hiatus

Part Five | Battle Training!

4.4K 131 78
By smol--might

U.A's hero course curriculum had normal core classes. For example, Present Mic, the Voice Hero, taught your English class and these core classes usually took place in the mornings.

"Now, which of these four sentences contains a mistake?" Mic asked, more like yelled, as he tried to get the students to participate. Judging by the blank look on Ashido and Kaminari's faces, Mic had realized that you were all absolutely lost. "Hey, everybody look alive!" he tried, "Grammar rules!"

'It honestly doesn't...' Y/n frowns, shifting her elbow so her cheek remains propped in her palm while class continues. Mic droning on was beyond tiring. Especially thanks to her training going well past her bedtime last night. Stifling another yawn, the girl fought to keep her eyes open. 'I definitely shouldn't have stayed up so late...'

_______

"So...You can sap energy from power sources and even surroundings..." Kayama hums, standing before Y/n in their backyard/makeshift training space.

"Yeah, somehow..." she mutters as she flexes her gloved fingers. The sun was already setting, bathing Musutafu in its orange glow as people rushed to get home before dark.

"But you still can't turn it off yet, right?" Nemuri taps her chin in thought and Y/n shakes her head.

"Aunt Nem, I'm not sure I can...I mean, we're noticing these loopholes, I guess, with Vampirism but it's always just been...on..." she lets her hands drop to her sides with a sigh. "Maybe it just can't turn off?"

"Hmm...I don't think so, Y/n. I think you'll be able to have full control over your quirk someday! All you have to do, is control it. Not let it control you...So that's what we're gonna work on today!"

_______

3rd Person POV

"...Not let it control me, huh..." you were so lost in thought, you almost missed the sudden flash of a hand waving in your face. "Gah!" you jerk back in surprise and your reaction gains a similar squeak from the teen before you.

"S-sorry, L/n!" Midoriya wrings his hands with a shaky smile. "Class is over a-and it's lunch now...Mostly everyone is gone so I was wondering if you would like to eat with us..." he asks sheepishly, his voice growing quieter with each second and you straightened a bit in your seat.

"Us?" you echo and Izuku perks up somewhat.

"A-ah, yes! Us! Err...Myself, Uraraka a-and Iida..." he explains, glancing momentarily at the door and you follow his stare only to indeed see the duo in question waiting nearby.

'Why would they want to eat with me...? That's too many people anyway...' you sigh, rubbing the nape of your neck at the expectant look on Izuku's face. 'Damn it...I'm no good with looks like that...He pouts like Aunt Nem...'

"Ah, well I...I guess, yeah..."

Okay, so maybe the excited grin on the kid's face was worth it.

_______

The cafeteria, no matter how large, was absolutely teeming with students from the other various courses in the school and you were already regretting your decision.

'Okay, screw how happy he looked, this was a bad idea!' how you'd managed to avoid accidentally touching someone, you didn't know, but at this rate it was bound to happen.

Despite having the meals prepared by the Cook Hero Lunch Rush, everything offered was surprisingly cheap and looked ridiculously appetizing.

Izuku looked to be in awe that Lunch Rush was serving and was, as expected, downright giddy.

"He's such a fan boy..." you chuckle, thankful to be finally at the head of the line. Tray in hand, you order the beef rice bowl and collect it along with a drink and your utensils.

You all eventually found seats despite the largely crowded cafeteria and sat down to eat.

"Ooh, L/n, that looks super good!" Uraraka coos as she spots your food and you nod just as you spy hers.

"Just rice?" you ask. "That'll be enough for you, Uraraka?"

"Mhm!" she smiles warmly. "It's just so fluffy and filling! Absolute comfort food!" she hums, taking a bite and savoring it with a wide, satisfied grin.

'I guess it is that good...' with a shrug, you dig into your own meal and give a pleased hum as the savory flavor of the beef burst on your tongue. 'I regret nothing.'

_______

"Lunch was actually amazing..." you walked some distance away from Midoriya, Uraraka and Iida but just enough that you wouldn't accidentally graze one of them.

"I know, right? I'm so full!" Ochako giggled as Iida tried to rush us along.

"I can understand your lethargy but we need to be punctual to the next class!" he announces, hand chops abound, as you all walk back to class.

"Oh right..."

'The last class for the day...'

Basic Hero Training.

_______

You got to class in due time, getting to your seats and not a moment too soon as the class door was suddenly snapped open.

"I am here!" someone boomed, a someone all of you recognized, and Izuku immediately gained a starstruck grin. "Coming through the door like a hero!" there was All Might, strolling into the room with all the poise and pomp you'd expect from the number one Pro.

"I can't believe it's really All Might!" Kaminari looked about to short circuit given how excited he was as Kirishima joined in.

"So he is a teacher! This school year is gonna be totally awesome!"

'The Number One Hero teaching at his former school...I can kinda get it but...that seems convenient...' you think as All Might marches to the front of the class in his classic Silver Age costume.

"Welcome to the most important class of UA, young students! Think of this as Heroing 101." he began, "Here, you will learn the basics of being a pro. And what it means to fight in the name of good!" All Might's gaze flit over the class for a moment before he refocused. "Alright, let's get into it! Today's lesson is pulling no punches!" the blond held up a card with the word Battle on it with his signature grin. "Today, you'll be partaking in battle training!"

"Battle..." Bakugou's grin was vicious but you honestly had come to expect nothing less from the boisterous boy.

"Training?..." Midoriya shivers nearby and you send a pitying look his way.

'If this goes how I expect, Bakugou is gonna be all over him...'

"That's right, battle training!" All Might confirms. "However! One of the keys of being a hero is looking good, of course!" All Might gestured to the wall and with the press of a button, rows of cases were revealed.

"Are those...?" someone asks, you didn't pick out who, and All Might let out a hearty chuckle.

"They are! In each of those cases are your hero outfits based on the quirk registration forms and requests you submitted before school started! They're labeled based on your seat numbers so grab your cases, get yourselves suited up and meet me at Battle Ground Beta!"

_______

"It's been said that clothes make the pros ladies and gentlemen, behold you are the proof!" All Might grins as he sees his class exit the tunnel in their costumes. Spotting his successor, Toshinori clears his throat in order to muffle the chuckle he almost let slip.

'That is all too obvious, Young Midoriya!'

Glancing at the others, you couldn't help but admire some of their costumes. You could tell time and effort went into their ideas and development of their costumes.

You'd submitted the simple design of a hooded sleeveless body suit. The suit itself was tight, thankfully not too tight so it at least allowed movement, and mainly black. There was a linked, red hexagonal pattern that stuck out against the plain black suit, repeating over the material to give it a pop of color that matches your spears. The hood was an ombre of a black transitioning to a blood red. Slashes to match your skin tone were at your hips, simulating cuts in the fabric and the same were looped around your thighs.

The costume came with fingerless gloves, ankle high boots and a visor with a heads up display that gave digital readouts of your opponents' energy levels. That was one of the more expensive additions to your suit and one that Nemuri suggested. Paired with your gloves, that held a device to measure your own power output, the visor could draft up the potential strength your spears would have and how much energy could be funneled into them.

'I really ought to thank Aunt Nem for coming up with most of this...' you marvel, glancing around as the visor quickly began displaying the energy levels of some of your classmates. 'This visor is unreal!'

"Take this to heart, from now on you are all heroes in training!" All Might was beaming with pride as you all stood before him."Now shall we get started you bunch of newbies?"

You had to bite your tongue to keep quiet when you finally noticed Midoriya nearby in, quite possibly, the most obvious outfit known to man.

"S-so obvious..." you manage, fighting down your snickering as Uraraka walked over to him while Izuku fiddled with his hands. You couldn't hear what they were talking about but you figured they were complimenting each others' costumes.

"Now then!" All Might boomed, gaining everyone's attention in an instant. "Since you're all prepared, it's time for combat training!"

"Sir, this is the fake city from our entrance exam." Iida observed, hand raised as always, and you quirked a brow at his costume.

'That looks so bulky...How can he move in that?' you think offhandedly as Iida drops his hand.

"Since we are here again, does this mean we'll be conducting more urban battles?"

"Good observation, young Iida, but you're just off mark! That won't be the case today since I'm moving you all two steps ahead." Toshinori held up two fingers before he continued, "Most of the villain fights you see on the news take place outside. However, statistically speaking most of the dastardly evil doers conduct their affairs indoors." he explains and a thoughtful silence covered the class. "Think about it: Backroom deals, home invasions, secret underground lairs. Truly intelligent criminals stay hidden in the shadows so for this exercise, you'll be split into two teams of good guys and bad guys. You'll be fighting two on two indoor battles. But!" he exclaimed, shutting down any questions or murmuring before they began. "Because of the uneven amount of your class, one team will have three participants instead of two."

'All things considered, it's a little off but I guess it's the best set up...' you just barely glance at Bakugou and almost snort at his costume. 'He's the last person I want to team with...'

"Um, All Might?" Tsuyu pipes up as she raises her hand. "Isn't this a little advanced?"

"Good question, Young Asui, but I believe training for the battle field is the best training you young heroes can have! Do remember, you can't just punch a robot this time; you're dealing with actual people." He warned.

"Sir will you be deciding who wins?"

"How much can we hurt the other team?"

"Do we need to worry about the losers being expelled like yesterday?"

"Will you be splitting us up based on chance or by skill?"

"Isn't this cape crazy?"

"Now hold on! I can't answer you all at once!" Toshinori balked and, eventually, you all settled down. "Alright then." All Might removed a book from his pocket and flipped through until he found what he needed.

'...A book...?' you think as the blond hero clears his throat. 'He's gonna teach us from that?'

"Now, the situation is this: The villains have hidden a nuclear missile somewhere in their hideout and the heroes must try to foil their plans. To do that, the good guys have to either catch the villains or recover the weapon. That will result in the hero team's win. Likewise, if the villains succeed by protecting their pay load or capturing the heroes, they win."

"It...It's so American..." Kaminari mumbles as Toshinori pockets the book and retrieves two boxes from nearby labeled Hero and Villain.

"Alright, now that you know what you'll be doing, it's time to choose the teams! Pick from the box and I'll announce your teams!"

Team Listings

Team A: Midoriya Izuku and Uraraka Ochako

Team B: Todoroki Shouto, L/n Y/n and Shoji Mezo

Team C: Mineta Minoru and Yaoyorozu Momo

Team D: Bakugou Katsuki and Iida Tenya

Team E: Aoyama Yuuga and Ashido Mina

Team F: Koda Koji and Sato Rikido

Team G: Kaminari Denki and Kyouka Jiro

Team H: Asui Tsuyu and Tokoyami Fumikage

Team I: Ojiro Mashirao and Hagakure Tooru

Team J: Kirishima Eijirou and Sero Hanta

"Todoroki..." you mumble in thought as All Might announces which teams will be facing each other. 'Is that...Endeavor's son?'

You weren't familiar with him but you figured you'd landed a decent team. Midoriya, on the other hand...Wasn't so lucky.

"He has to fight Bakugou?" you send a sympathetic grimace his way. Izuku looked terrified. Their teams would be the first to battle and, as All Might began leading the class to the monitoring room, you stopped a ways from the teen.

"Ah...Good luck, Midoriya..." you mutter, just loud enough for him to hear, and he seemed surprised by your gesture before giving you a shaky thumbs up. Heading inside, you sighed under your breath.

'He's so screwed...'

_______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 8.2K 38
~Completed~ ghastยทly หˆษกas(t)lฤ“/Submit adjective 1. causing great horror or fear; frightful or macabre. - You are one of the League of Villain's top v...
293K 11.5K 35
[Completed] - (Y/n) is the oh-so-very lucky teenager who gets to experience life as a hero at the prestige hero's academy: UA high school. One littl...
731 37 9
โŠ โ ๐ป๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘ ๐‘œ ๐‘š๐‘ข๐‘โ„Ž ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘ก...๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ!? โž เผปโˆ˜หšโ˜†หšโˆ˜เผบ โœฐโ‰ซ๐š†๐š‘๐šŽ๐š— ๐šˆ/๐™ฝ ๐šŠ๐š•๐š ๐šŠ๐šข๐šœ ๐Ÿท๐šž๐š™๐šœ ๐™บ๐šŠ๏ฟฝ...
19K 537 22
Born with a dangerous quirk you couldn't control, you were sent to Juvenile Detention, only to be released when UA High starts a new year in which vi...