A Deal With The Prince

By notwhippedhours

Suddenly living in an unknown world, she learned she was now in the romance book she had read not long ago an... More

Chapter 1: Becoming a fiancée
Chapter 2: Pretty boy
Chapter 3: A challenge
Chapter 4: Childhood trio
Chapter 5: Last minute party
Chapter 6: A new friend
Chapter 7: Be late or you'll die
Chapter 8: Unexpected guest
Chapter 9: Ending the deal?
Chapter 10: Fairies
Chapter 11: Jealousy
Chapter 12: Test partner
Chapter 13: A Couple In Making
Chapter 15: Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice
Chapter 16: I will skin you alive
Chapter 17: Old man
Chapter 18: Bloody
Chapter 19: Don't want to die
Chapter 20: First kiss
Chapter 21: Odd
Chapter 22: Real name
Chapter 23: Near death experience
Chapter 24: Stealing
Chapter 25: Forever and ever
Chapter 26: Nap time!
Chapter 27: Finally I'll tell you
Chapter 28: No.one.can
Chapter 29: Unable to protect you
Chapter 30: The end?
Extra 1
Fin
New book
Author's Note

Chapter 14: I might get killed by the crown prince

19.5K 898 135
By notwhippedhours

The results for the first exam came out days later and many students were curious to see what placing they got. I was one of those students and rushed to see my results. My eyes darted around trying to find my name.

"Fifth place? Not bad I would say!" I cheerfully said to myself, proud of my achievements.

I wanted to see who was above me so I looked through their names. I looked at it before chuckling. First place obviously went to Phillip. Second was Catherine, third was Blaive and fourth was Ralph. Catherine and Blaive were generally smart just like Phillip.

I pouted before turning to Ralph who was standing beside me. "I hate you, how come you get better grades than me?"

Ralph grinned before shrugging, "Because I'm just smart."

I rolled my eyes before noticing something off. Checking all the names and muttered to myself, "Strange..why isn't her name in the top five or ten?"

"Who are you talking about?" Ralph asked, hearing my conversation to myself.

"Huh? Oh nobody in particular." I awkwardly laughed trying to brush the question off.

Thankfully Ralph doesn't question further, allowing me to drown myself in my thoughts. In the book, Lucy is supposed to be a hard working girl who tries her best to achieve good grades. She would often get top five or ten in every exam. That point of her was also one reason Phillip fell for her more.

Speaking of Phillip...

I straighten my back, trying my best to ignore the hard stare on me. Phillip has been staring at me anytime he could. He doesn't even speak to me, he just stares at me intensely.

'I feel like I'll die before my magic becomes unstable because of him..'

"Lady Lilyana what's wrong?" Ralph asked as he noticed the odd facial expression I was making.

I sent him a weak smile, "Phillip has been intensely staring at me and I do not know why..."

"His highness?" Ralph turned behind and looked over at Phillip who sent him a smile and wave.

Ralph bowed before turning back to me, "Everything seems alright to me..?"

I looked at Ralph with distrustful eyes before turning to look at Phillip myself. He had a death stare on me with no expression. He looked like he wanted to kill me. Turning back to Ralph, my face looked like the scream painting.

Ralph looked at me worriedly, "Are you alright?"

I tucked in my lips, looking like I ate something sour before replying to Ralph, "I..might die..."

I held back my sobs, "By the hands of the crown prince!"

Ralph blinked as he stared at me before laughing. I glared at him, punching his shoulder, "I'm serious! I might die!"

"Lilyana," hearing the voice of the person who will soon kill me, I froze up before stiffly turning to the owner of the voice.

"Yes..."

Phillip had a cold deadly look on his face before smiling warmly at me. At that moment, it felt like the gods were shining down on me, ready to take my soul.

"I need to talk to you for a moment, please." he politely asked, causing me to feel goosebumps all over my skin as he rarely talks to me that way unless we were at an event.

Having a hard time to say no, I glance at Ralph making signals with my eyes asking him to help me get out of this situation I was in. Ralph stared at me before smiling. I knew he didn't understand what I meant once he smiled.

Sighing in defeat, I followed Phillip to the large school garden. The whole walk there was under an uncomfortable silence that choked me. Walking behind Phillip, I silently prayed to the gods of both worlds.

Phillip came to a halt when we walked to the centre of the garden, tall bushes surrounding us. He turned to where I was standing.

"Why did you bring me all the way here to speak to me?" I asked and although I look calm and composed, I was freaking out in my head.

Phillip has the strength and ability to kill me right here and then. I do believe he wouldn't hurt me but the possibility is still there.

'Wait!' a thought came across my mind.

'Maybe he's here to ask me to stop the deal since he found the person he wants to spend his life with! Although it hasn't been that long, Lucy sure won his heart pretty fast.' I thought to myself absentmindedly nodding, forgetting Phillip was right in front of me, observing what I was doing without context.

"Lilyana I know what you're thinking but I only wanted to say you misunderstood what happened in the infirmary a few days ago."

"Way to ruin my fantasy..."

"I heard that."

"Hm? Heard what your highness?" I smiled innocently, pretending not to understand what he just said.

Phillip let out a sigh before continuing what he wanted to say, "Miss Pratt was the one who grabbed my hand right before you came in."

"Heeeh but didn't you carry her princess style to the infirmary?" I retorted back.

"A student was coughing out blood, it is my responsibility and duty to help my people." Phillip smoothly answered, dodging my question well.

I smirked, " I see so you would carry anyone princess style if they were in that position?"

Phillip stiffen up, "That..."

"Phillip, I know you like someone." I said looking at him straight in the eye.

Freezing up, Phillip couldn't say anything other than, "Y-you do..?"

I confidently nodded, smiling, "Of course,"

Phillip's cheeks turn red, making it even more obvious I was right. He shyly covered his mouth, slowly looking at me. His lips curved upwards as he moved closer to me.

"I knew you would-"

"Isn't it Miss Pratt?" I casually said.

Phillip's shy, happy look dropped, his eyes turning cold as his face blackened once again but I didn't pay attention.

"..What?"

"You carried her princess style and not only that you stayed with her the whole time in the infirmary, you took care of her and just now you couldn't answer me when I asked if you would carry anyone that way. All those little things you have done are obvious flirts." I said nodding to myself as if I was right.

Phillip's face grew darker and darker until he couldn't take it anymore. "That's not it! I do not have such feelings for her and I never will!"

'...Boy you got together with her in the book, it's not impossible.' I gave him a stink eye.

"Then who do you have an interest in?" I asked, staring off at the distance, looking at the flowers.

Phillip's fists were curled tightly before he strunted over to where I was standing. He grabbed both of my shoulders, tightly gripping on them.

"Is it not obvious enough?!" he snapped.

I blinked in surprise before snickering, "What's not obvious?"

He let out an exasperated sigh, "I like-" before he could say, loud rustling came over from the bushes.

Placing my finger up to Phillip's lips, shutting him up, we carefully listened to where the sound was coming from.

"Ah! Your highness! I've been looking everywhere for you!!" Lucy cheerfully spoke as she walked to where we were at. She kept glancing over at me subtly.

Pushing Phillip away from him, I kept a good distance as Lucy rushed over to Phillip. I turned to them and saw how terrible and pissed he looked as Lucy tried to make conversations with him.

I sighed, since Phillip said that, I knew what I had to do. Pushing Lucy away, I tightly clung myself onto Phillip's arm. I stare at her with cold menacing eyes, "What business do you have with my fiance, Miss Pratt?"

I felt his arm snaking around my waist, keeping me close to him, unable to leave his side. Lucy noticed that but did not say anything.

"I just wanted to thank him for bringing me to the infirmary that time!"

"You already thanked me many times, it is alright. As the crown prince, it is only logical to help my people who are in danger." Phillip replied making Lucy unable to reply back.

I scoffed, smirking as I pressed myself closer to Phillip. I could tell I had annoyed her more as her expression didn't look good.

"Didn't you hear what his highness had said? If so, stop bothering him and our time together."

"...Why should you have a say in this?" Lucy innocently asked, fumbling with her dress, giving us puppy eyes but it had no effect on me.

I lifted her chin with my finger and smirked, "Why? Because I am Duke Kimberleye's daughter and his highness' fiancee. Do I need any other reason? Miss Pratt?"

Knowing she already lost in this fight, I removed my finger off her chin and wiped it on my dress, clearly showing how much she disgusted me. I glanced at her one last time with eyes that clearly shouted, "I do not like you."

Lucy bit her bottom lip before running off to who knows where. After I was no longer able to see her figure, I released my tight grip on Phillip and took a few steps away from him. I turned to him and nodded, "Don't get the wrong idea, I only did that because of our deal."

Walking away, leaving Phillip all alone in the garden, I waved, "Have a good day, pretty boy."

Leaving his sight, I took a sharp turn, heading off to the forest, wanting to cool my head down. Reaching the forest, I was greeted by the forest fairies.

"Sorry for not being able to give you all sweets." I apologised.

"No it is alright~"

"Yeah~ Lily must be very busy we understand~"

I giggled and smiled, "I promise to give you all tons of sweets."

"We will be waiting~!!"

I smiled again before relaxing under one tree, losing myself in my thoughts. I'm not dumb. I knew what Phillip was about to say right before Lucy came over, interrupting him. I sighed under my breath, eyes fluttering close as I tried to relax. I knew everything was straying away from the original plot and that the heroine of this story was not from here either. She probably has something up her sleeves however she is still the heroine who was meant to be together with Phillip.

But what I don't know is if I still see this as just a story or a real world with real people. Phillip's face came across my mind. I don't know if I want the plot to stray further from the story because once it does, I don't know what's going to happen or what will.

Now not knowing the future fears me.

---

Author's note: I don't know why I find the title of this chapter funny

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 7.1K 58
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
2.4K 108 18
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...
5.3K 211 14
Available at my Ko-fi page only. Soon to be release in google books. Follow ko-fi.com/bellaxtina _______________________________ SYNOPSIS Imagine wa...
172K 5.3K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...