Behind The Gate of Lakeview

By Rihanna_Adedeji

Jadeshola Badmus is not your regular female lead. She's outspoken, Brilliant, Sassy, beautiful, intelligent... More

Behind The Gate Of Lakeview
~one~
~Two~
~Three~
~Four~
~Five~
~Six~
~Seven~
~Eight~
~Nine~
~Ten~
~Eleven~
~Tweleve~
~Thirteen~
~Fourteen~
~Fourteen~ 2
~Fifteen~
~Sixteen~
~Seventeen~
~Eighteen~
~Nineteen~
~Twenty~
~Twenty One~
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
~Twenty Four~
~Twenty Five~
~Twenty Six~
~Twenty Seven~
~Twenty Eight~
~Twenty Nine~
~Thirty~
~Thirty One~
~Thirty Two~
~Thirty Three~
~Thirty Four~
~Thirty Five~
~Thirty Six~
~Thirty Seven~
Meet The Characters 💖
~Thirty Eight~
~Thirty Nine~
~Forty~
~Forty One~
~Forty Two~
~Forty Three~
~Forty Four~
~Forty Five~
~Forty Six~
~Forty Seven~
~Forty Eight~
~Forty Nine~
~Fifty~
Fifty One
~Fifty Two~
~Fifty Three~
~Fifty Four~
~Fifty Five~
Questions and Answers

~Fifty Six~

4K 767 830
By Rihanna_Adedeji

Dedicated to all readers. We were only able to come this far because of you.

Song for the chapter; Time of our lives by Tyrone Wells.

We say goodbye, we hold on

to these memories that never die.

~Jade~

There were tables of six and fours and Uthman led me to where the rest of the gang were sitting. He pulled the chair back for me and I smiled at him. He winked back and my heart stopped for a while.

Oh my God. Bobo yii lo maa pami. Uthman would be the death of me.

He took his sit beside me and I turned to ogle him for the umpteenth time that evening. Hana was right when she said I'd have a fine face to stare at everyday if I should date Uthman. I just want to keep staring at his face everyday. He met my eyes and he smiled at me.

Oh my God!

'Hmm hmm. Shey the both of you won't go to an empty classroom like this? You're sitting beside each other and you're still ogling yourselves like that. Na wa oo.'

That was Akin and I turned to glare at him.

'Look at charcoal calling pot black. Do you think Ayisha did not tell me all about....'

He put his hands up in mock surrender.

'Okay Okay. Let's not go there, uhn? By the way, you look so pretty today.'

'I always look pretty but thanks anyway. And besides, the person that's supposed to say that to me has not said it.'

I peeped at Uthman through the corners of my eyes and I could tell he was staring intently at me.

'Oh, the both of you, your matter na another level. We can't put our mouths in it. And, it looks like cat got Uthman's tongue. I doubt if he's thinking straight with you beside him like that.'

'I don't doubt it. He can't think straight. In fact, he's not thinking at all.'

That was Daniel and we all burst into laughter. I don't know if I had that much effect on him sha.

Well, you do. You overdo self.

The dinner started in full force. The menu was Jollof rice and Fried rice and chicken or Turkey or whatever it was. When they were serving our food, I heard Caleb whose table was directly behind us say;

'Oh, they should have made pounded yam jhare. Rice that we eat everyday.'

But he started eating it almost immediately anyway. Someone cracked a bone loudly and I could have sworn it was him.

'This Caleb guy no dey alright. He should protest by not eating it na.'

'Not eating what? That guy na confirm FFO. I'm sure if they should bring pounded yam now, he go still eat am.'

Ayisha replied Akin and I paused for a moment to really admire how good they look together. Their names both started with A self.

'Are you checking me out now?'

I raised my eyebrows in mock disgust.

'Check you out ko, check you in ni. How did I even become close to you in the first place? I need a replacement for you.'

He stuck his tongue out.

'It was because of rubics cube, remember? We were in JSS2 then and you needed someone to teach you. Your boo was a no go area then.'

He tilted his head towards Uthman who has still not said a word since we got here.

'But Uthman, wait oo, are you on a silent mode tonight or what?'

Dan voiced out my opinion and Uthman only shrugged.

'I'm still trying to gather my thoughts.'

He said and he dared a glance at me. I smiled at him. We were lost in the euphoria of that moment until we heard the click sound of a camera. We both turned towards the direction and it was Akin. He was staring intently at his phone.

'Wow. Perfect picture. You guys should get an oscar for having the perfect chemistry.'

I smiled and reached for his phone. The picture was indeed perfect. I traced my hands over Uthman's face.

'See fine boy. O for, abi?'

That was Uthman and I looked up at him with my eyebrows raised.

'Forlake ni.'

Hana made a tsk tsk sound and we turned to look at her.

'One minute you guys were acting lovey dovey and the next minute, you're on each other's throat. Couple goals indeed.'

The MC voice announcing the dance drama stopped me from replying. The dance drama soon started and it was a imitation of Broda Sogi's dance. Those were the set of people that gave rise to dance drama in Nigeria. I still remember their very successful dance drama then, Oti gan pa or something like that.

'You guys should look at the camera and say cheese.'

That was Dan and we all refocused our attention on him and his phone. One picture turned into two, into three, into four until God knows the numbers of pictures we've snapped.

'And the next program is the presentation of awards. Give it up for Aanuoluwapo as she climbs the stage to present the awards.'

Ehn ehn. This is the highlight of the evening. I sat up straight but not before stealing Uthman's chicken from his plate. He turned to look at him and he moved closer to me.

'I'm getting it back from you. In tenfold. Just wait for it.'

I stucked out my tongue at me. Oniranu omode.

The hall erupted into loud applauses and Dan who was sitting beside me nudged me with his elbow.

'That's yours. Most popular girl.'

Oh God. See me, almost missing my highlight because of Uthman. I glared at him before standing up with a smile plastered on my face.

Minutes later, we were almost done with the awards category. Hana won the prettiest, Uthman won the most popular boy, Ayisha won the singer of the year, Akin won best Artist, Dan won most outgoing male and Hana won the female category. Uthman and I won the brains of the year for male and female respectively.

I did not even know there was a category like that.

'And we have just two categories left. The most popular couple and the best couple. I guess we all have an inkling on what couple are going to win the popular couple.'

I turned to look at Uthman and he winked at me.

'And we have our favorite couple winning this. Please give it up for Uthman and Jade. We even have suggested couple names for them. Jaduth, Jaman, Uthade and a couple of others.'

The hall erupted into loud applauses again just as Uthman grabbed my hands and went to collect our award.

Yes. Our award and nobody's else.

We came back to our seat and immediately we sat down, Aanu called our names for the best couple again. I turned to look at Uthman and his expression mirrored mine. I did not actually expect us to win this but then, it depends on the students who voted.

After we collected the last award, we put everything on our table so we'd snap them together.

'See our black ladies oo.'

I said and winked at the awards. They all turned to look at me. Akin shook his head.

'Black lady ko, black bird ni.'

He was saved from my reply when Paul and Paulina walked to our table to snap pictures with us.

'You guys should definitely invite us to your wedding in the next eight years or so.'

Paul said when they were leaving and I pursued my lips. Wedding ke? But boo only smiled and said;

'Definitely. Of course.'

And he winked at me as the other couple walked away.

'The floor is open for dance now. Oya, come on guys, come and show me what you've got.'

That was the wake up call we needed. The DJ had hardly played Party Scatter by Fire Boy when the party actually scattered. The mates did not walk to the dance floor, they flew ni. Even Hana, Ayisha, Dan and Akin disappeared to the dance floor before I could even blink. Girls started grinding boys and doing all sort of ridiculous dance move. I just picked my drink and started drinking.

God forbid I dance any ridiculous dance.

I felt Uthman's eyes on me and I looked up.

'Are we not going to dance?'

I shrugged. 'I don't know how to dance.'

'Wow, says the girl whose body is already dancing to the music.'

I stilled my body. I did not even know I was already dancing. Well, I'm a sucker for music so I guess I have no control over my body when it comes to dancing.

'Well, I'm not dancing like that'

I pointed to Keji and Caleb. She was openly grinding him and the idiot was obviously turned on by the look on his face.

Uthman smiled and shrugged.

'Well, let's just go to the dance floor.'

He stood up and held out his left hand. I took it and allowed him to lead me to the dance floor. He did not even have to ask me I twirled into the dance floor because one of my favorite music was on; Wizkid's Azonto.

One minute, I was dancing like I'd on a normal day, the next minute, I had my back to Uthman and I was grinding him.

This is definitely the Zee in me.

Stop blaming Zee Joor. This is you. You! You! You!

Uthman held me by my waist while I cotinued shaking and whining my waist to the music. My hands automatically reached out to the back of my head and they reached for his neck so I could wrap around his neck. He moved him even closer to him and I heard him mutter something inaudible.

I fit die on top your matter eeh oo baby.
Baby girl, God bless your mother, eeh oo baby oo
You too fine pass mammy water.
Baby, God bless your mother.
Baby girl, God bless your father eeh oo baby oo.
I fit die on top your matter eeh oo baby oo.

Love me make I love you baby oo baby oo
Kiss me make I kiss you baby oo baby oo
Baby, let me love ahn ahn
Baby make o kiss you baby oo baby oo

Thank God for this DJ and for Wizkid's songs. Oh God! I don't know what possesed me to be dancing like I was dancing.

Was there tequila shot in my drink?

Rubbish! As if you're not enjoying it.

Yeah. I was actually enjoying it. But that mainly because it was Uthman. I was 100% sure I wouldn't do this with another guy.

Shey na because I say I love you
You come dey use me play Tinko
Shey na because I say I need you
Na why you no wan follow me go
You come dey whine me whine me like motor
O tun fi mi re, o tun ya photo
U dey tell me that guy na your uncle
Why you dey lie, e just wan do you do you
Oya bosi gbangba ka jo
Oya yo idi e bombom ko jo
Oya jo fun mi my lady
Oya komole ma jolo
Mo ni o bosi gbangba ka jo
Oya yo idi e bombom ko jo
Oya jo fun mi my lady
Oya komole ma jolo

We all erupted into loud cheers when the music changed to Pawon by Olamide. If I thought the dance when it were Wizkid's songs was horrible, then this one was worse. I just stared at them, mouth opened. God!

Come and see daddy, you're in the sugar in my tea
I'm your sugar the daddy.

Keji doubled over so her ass was directly in front of Caleb's crotch and she was shaking her ass so violently, using it to raise his crotch. And they weren't the only one doing it.

God! Na my mates be this?

O yes she's going crazy
As we dey dance dey go dey dance dirty
As you dey whine dey go my eyes dirty
Plenty chicks dem dey dem dey plenty
Dem dey plenty o
Sugarcane no be bamboo chuddy k no dey fumble
Am a big sure boy aranbul no ran aranbul
As we dey dance dey go dey dance dirty
As you dey whine dey go my eyes dirty
Plenty chicks dem dey dem dey plenty
Dem dey plenty o o
O to jo meta o o x 6
The club is going crazy go gaga goin crazy
O yes she's going crazy
Oshamoo
Mo ni ta mo ko wa sho
Kia kia ko wa sho
Were were ko wa sho
Mo foju so mo fa ra so
Mo ni ko dance lyk sonita sonita.

The God for this DJ for bringing old songs.

The songs went on and on and there was another loud shout of Yeah and eeeh when Adaobi came on and that was when we cleared the stage so we could dance one after the other. It soon turned to two students each and the loud cheers from all onlookers.

Uthman dragged me to the middle and I could hear my mates and junior shouts; yeah, senior prefect and senior prefect boy, show us what you've got.

I was actually conscious of dancing in front of everybody like this and guess what, Uthman just started dancing without me. I blinked my eyes. What? The boy got some moves. I did not need to be nudged before I joined in.

'Go Uthman, Go Uthman, Go Jade, Go Jade.'

The cheers soon became a rhythm and the onlookers were stamping and clapping their hands.

Just let go of caution today and let go. Unwind.

Yeah. I have to.

We left the middle for others and the music soon changed to Shoki. There was another loud yell.

Aah Shoki ni Shoki.
Bami wa omoge to ba yodi.

My body was still moving to the beat of the song. Oh God! I was exhilarated but I still want this night to go on forever. Only God knows how long we danced for until nudged me with his hands and gestured for me to follow him out. I did.

Immediately we stepped out of the hall, my body shivered against the night breeze and I shuddered. Uthman must have noticed because he immediately shrugged off his blazers and draped it around my shoulder.
I smiled at him.

'Eeh. See the perfect gentleman oo.'

He winked in return and his hands reached out to snake around my waist, I looked up at him teasingly.

'You've kept your hands on my waist for the better part of the evening.'

He shrugged.

'I have to protect what's mine and then, you can't wear this kind of gown if I'm not there.'

'Why?'

I asked, my voice low so as to feign ignorance.

'Because I don't want any other guy seeing what I'm seeing.'

I turned to him, my eyes dancing with excitement. I placed my right palm on the left side of his chest.

'And what are you seeing?'

He met my eyes for a seconds longer than usual before he bent down, his mouth near my ears.

'Are you really sure you want to know?'

Then he kissed my earlobes and I gasped audibly. He moved back, his eyes now teasing and I took a minute before I recovered. I hit his chest playfully and attempted to move back but his hands kept me in place.

'Isn't it a romantic evening?'

I was about to reply in affirmation when I heard;

'Uthman, can I please see you?'

I did not need to turn back to know it was Michelle. Uthman looked away from my face for a seconds to look at her. I couldn't see her anyway since my back was to her.

'No, I'm busy.'

He returned his attention back to my face.

'I won't take that long. Just a few minutes.'

'And I said I'm busy. What part of that can't you can't you understand?'

My hands reached out to dust an invisible dirt on his chest while I waited for Michelle to say something else but she did not, I only heard the click click sound of her heels on the floor as she walked away.

'I'm so sorry about that. So where were we?'

I chuckled.

'We were nowhere, Oniranu.'

'Oh come on, we were somewhere.'

Then I felt one of his finger moving around in a circle in my abdomen.

'If you don't still your hand ehn. I'll slap you.'

It stopped and I instantly missed the sensation it was causing.

'Killjoy.'

'Manwhore.'

'Only for you.'

I kept my eyes on his chest because I could feel the color pink raising in my cheeks but he would have none of that anyway because he lifted my chin up so he could see my face.

'Are you blushing now?'

'Of course not, blacks don't blush.'

'Pisssshhhhh. Iro oshi.'

We could still hear the loud music from the hall and our mates indistinct chatters. Most of them left the hall already. They were just loitering around. Some were properly smoking somewhere because the smell of cigarette was in the air.

'Oh God! My feet are killing me. We've been standing for too long.'

I said and Uthman immediately released me. I moved back and my eyes scanned where we could sit.

'Let's go and sit there.'

Uthman and immediately pulled me to a reclining chair in front of the hall. I sat down, undo the straps of my heels and I took it off. I sat back and stretched the whole of my leg. Uthman sat beside me and he draped his hand around my shoulder.

Well, I could get used to this feeling all my life.

We fell into a comfortable silence for a while before I cleared my throat.

'I know you gave up the competition for me.'

He turned to look at me, brows raised.

'How did you know? Did Akin tell you?'

'Of course not. The signs were there. I just ignored them. And then, your friend pointed it out for me.'

He raised his eyebrows again.

'My friend?'

I nodded.

'Yes, your friend. Michelle.'

He dragged a low hiss and muttered something I did not hear.

'I don't think someone has done something that significant and special for me before.'

He turned his whole body towards me.

'That's why I'm the most significant person to you, isn't it?'

I was ready to denounce that but who was I kidding? My eyes must have answered him because he closed the gap between us and he pressed his lips against mine. It lingered there for a while before he moved back.

'Don't worry, the feeling is definitely mutual.'

His voice was huskier than usual and when he pressed his lips against mine again. I smiled against them.

God! I'm a sucker for this Uthman and for the feelings he invokes in me with his presence.

***********

I watched as our guest speaker took her position on the podium. She had a huge smile plastered on her face. She was a huge woman. And when I say huge, I mean very huge.

'Good afternoon everyone.'

I was shocked by her voice. It was very clear and feminine and very very authoritative. Even the way she walked was authoritative. She was the kind of person commanded authority even without talking.

It was our official graduation day and I was feeling fly. That I was happy would be an understatement; I was more than happy. I was in a state of euphoria. My boo did not disappoint me when I saw him in the morning. With how he looked in his suit, he would pass for the CEO of a very big conglomeration. I turned to look at him and he was looking at me.

'Is that you're here to do? Stare at me all day?'

He shrugged.

'That's the best thing to do na.'

'Ode, you better listen to what speaker is about to tell us.'

'You guys should go and get a room oo. You should allow us to listen to this woman in peace.'

That was Ayisha. She and Akin were sitting beside Uthman, that's to my left while Dan and Hana were sitting to my right. I glared at Uthman before I refocused my attention back on the podium. We, the girls all had simple and straight short gowns on but just in different colors.

'And to the graduants, I say a very big congratulations to you. It's no easy; that whole journey of six years. I'm pretty sure you guys clearly remember your first day here and now, you probably can't believe how much time has flown and now, you're here, graduating. It's no easy feat and I'm applauding you guys once again.'

'I'm not here to talk about the last six years with you. I'm here to talk about the next four, five, six years with you and how what you've learnt during the last six years will go a long way in shaping most of your big decisions in the nearest future. Yes, you're at the end of the journey of six years but I hope you remember the popular saying that; Endings are simply new beginnings. From the moment you walk out of this school's gate today, you are ending one journey and starting another one almost immediately. That's just how life is.'

She paused to take a breath and Uthman reached for my right hand, he flipped it over and started tracing the inside of my palm with one of finger. I made a sound no one else probably heard and I snatched my hand away from him.

Alakoba oshi.

'And while you share a very special bond with your mates here, it was and will still not always be the same. You going out into the real world now and you'll soon realize everything you feel right now is trite compared to what you'll feel in the future. You guys are dating each other, ain't you?'

There was a loud cheer from where our juniors were sitting and I dared a glance at where the spectators sat. I could make out at least, three parents glaring at the speaker. I smiled. African Parents ehn.

Uthman reached for my hands again and he continued what he was doing. I couldn't pull away because he was holding my hand firmly. I turned to glare at him and he only gave me a smug smile.

Omo yii ti koba mi. This guy has put me in trouble.

'.... And no, I'm not disputing secondary school romance, I'm actually married to my secondary school sweetheart.'

She waved her left hand and we that were sitting close to her could make out the outline of her diamond ring. The whole hall burst into laughter.

'I'm just saying that once you step out there, you'll probably realize that the feelings you have right now are not all that.....'

Her words trailed off from my ears as I allowed myself to think about what she just said, I don't think it's possible to feel what I feel for Uthman for another guy. I don't even want to. I lost track of the rest of the women's words as Uthman's fingers on my palm was invoking sensations in my body. The whole of my body was twinkling all over and my toes curled by itself. How could his finger on my palm make me feel like this? He moved his mouth closer to my ears.

'Look at you and I'm only touching your palms oo. What if I was touching you.....'

I did not allow him to finish before my hand reached out and I smacked the back of his head. He yelped but not too loudly so it was only our mates sitting close to us that heard.

'Senior Boy and Senior Girl, well done oo. Keep setting the pace.'

That was one of our mates and I glared at Uthman before moving to the far end of my chair. Alakoba oshi. He only smiled and turned his attention back to the podium. Ashewo gidi ni Bobo yi oo.

'...... And I would like to round up my speech by preaching to you to always remember here'

She pointed her index finger to the ground.

'Here, this school and how you all started. You are all gleeful about going out there, going to universities where you won't be under the scrutinizing eyes of your teachers and parents. You're all looking forward to that liberty but trust me, it's a very dangerous liberty. And I beseech you to always remember to make the right decisions. The easiest thing to do in this life is to go down the wrong path; it's very easy especially when you don't have to call you back to order. You have yourself to call you back to order. I hope you always listen to that tiny voice at the back of your mind that'll tell you not to do it. I hope you recognize it and you listen to it.'

She faked a mock bow before walking back to her seat. The hall erupted into loud applauses and we, the students all stood up for her.

'That was an interesting speech.'

Uthman said as soon as we sat down and I raised my brows at him.

'Really? We missed the better part of it because of you.'

He gave me a smug look before leaning over, I leaned back until my back was resting on Hana's body. I reached out and picked my phone from my laps.

'What were you thinking? I just wanted to pick your phone so we'd snap with me.'

I relaxed visibly and sat up straight.

'Oniro oshi.'

He shrugged and unlocked my phone so we'd snap with it. God knows thh number of pictures we've snapped earlier and the day wasn't even over.

The next program was cultural display and the drummers climbed the podium and started drumming while the dancers danced in.

'I remember you once led a cultural dance in JSS3.'

Uthman whispered to my ears but I ignored him.

'Are you ignoring me now?'

I facepalmed myself. Aah. This would definitely be the last time I'd sit beside Uthman in a public gathering. I still ignored me and he reached out to grab my hands. I hit his hands pretty hard that he had to put his fist in his mouth to keep himself from yelling.

I stuck out my tongue at him and moved my body to the yoruba song that was being sang. The cultural dance ended with two dancers dancing To ba se pe Emi ni wo ni, ni won ni, n ba fapa jo, fapa jo, fapa jo.

The next program was the senior prefect's speech and when the MC called Uthman's name, he stood up, did a mock bow before climbing the podium admist loud applauses.

This boy like shakara too much.

I stared at him intently as he started his speech with all the necessary formalities, thanking God, the DOS, the Principal, the teachers. I paid more attention when he got to his classmates.

'And finally, to my mates. I don't even think I have the right words to describe how and what I feel for you guys. The yoruba adage that was literally translated to 'Twenty kids cannot play for twenty years' describe this moment perfectly. It seems like only yesterday when we all gained admission into this great citadel of learning and we quickly became a one big family. We played, we fought, we laughed, we kept grudges, we held things against each other, we hated Mondays and we loved Fridays and all public holidays. 'The teacher is absent' was the best news we ever heard during our stay here. School work was tedious, Mathematics class was always like.....'

He shook his head dramatically and we all laughed.

'Hana was always painting her nails in mathematics classes and a girl I know was always reading harlequin novels....'

I opened my mouth and closed it again. Emi ni a girl I know? Well, he'll meet me here. A small girl walked to the front of the podium to snap him and I stared at her closely, it was Moji.

Mehn, this girl ehn.

'We were punished by our teachers, our friends backstabbed us, we lost friends, we gained friends. From the moment we stepped into the walls of the school, we've been chanting 'I can't wait to graduate, I can't wait to graduate' but now, today, looking back now, I'm pretty sure we all at least wants to relive one of those days.'

I heard a sniffle behind me and I turned back, my classmates all wore sober looks; like someone just died for them. I even saw someone wipe their eyes with a face towel.

WTF?

Even Ayisha and Akin were solemnly quiet.

'Are you guys alright? Why do you look so down?'

Ayisha turned to look at me when I spoke and she pointed to my eyes.

'Why do you have tears in your eyes too?'

No way.

I touched my eyes with the brim of my fingers and I brought it down, it was really wet.

Wow.

I tilted my head to the back and used my handkerchief to clean the my eyelids.

Why on earth am I tearing up?

'And they were right when they said those days were going to be the best days of our lives. If we could do it all over again, I'd gladly do it with you guys. You were really the highlight of the past six years.'

He moved back a little, did his stupid mock bow and the whole hall applauded.

Someone was shedding real tears behind me now. Eeh eeh. God save me.

Uthman walked back to his seat and he immediately grabbed my hands, intertwining them and I instantly forgot my initial anger at him.

The rest of the program went in a flash and we all hardly paid attention because we were all busy taking selfies until it was the time for prize giving.

Uthman won the prizes in all the subjects he did except few ones like Yoruba, Civic Education, Economics and English language. I won for all my Arts subjects, then English language, Yoruba and Economics. Akin won for painting and decoration while Ayisha won fur Music.

For proficiency awards, Uthman and I won the most responsible and best behaved studen for male and female respectively. Akin won the artist of the year, Hana won the most charismatic student and the presenter of the year while Ayisha and Dan won neatest student for female and male category respectively.

The program was gradually coming to an end and people were not really focusing on it like they did when it started. It was soon time for us to take our special number and we all stood up. Ayisha took the lead;

This is where the chapter ends
And a new one out there begins
Time has come for letting go
The hardest part is where you know.

We all joined in the chorus;

All of these years, when we are here are ending
But I'll always remember
We've had the time of our lives
And the page is turned
The stories we will write
We've had the time of our lives
And I will not forget
The faces left behind.

God, if boo's speech made us emotional, then this song was making us mush mush. God! I can't actually believe I was almost tearing up again. Ehn. A whole me? As in Jadeshola Badmus!

We say goodbye, we hold
on tight to these memories
that never die.

We ended the song, threw our caps up and picked it back. We must have picked the one that wasn't ours because of the rush and. I sniffled while the whole hall clapped for us. There were shouts of congratulations and Uthman turned me to him and hugged me,muttering congratulations against my ears.

That was officially the end of the program and the official end of our stay here. I watched the students from one parents to another, collecting food, snacks and drinks. They were collecting what they won't even finish in two weeks. Awon olounje Iya.

As if you not done it before.

We all went in search of our families and immediately I saw mine, Zee screeched and hugged me.

'Congratulations sis. You're officially a young adult.'

They were outside the hall already and all the food, drinks and snacks were already exhausted. The cloud was turning dark and it was obvious it was going to rain soon. People were rushing to leave. I looked around for the rest of the geng and I could see them walking towards me. I met them halfway and we took turns hugging.

'Jadeshola, do you want us to leave you behind?'

My brother called from the car and I mentally rolled my eyes. I did not want to leave. Shey we can't just extend the day by at least 2 hours.

Ayisha, Dan and Akin already left, Hana was going with us so she was still loitering around. I hugged Uthman for the umpteenth time. Letting go of him was like I was letting of him with Lakeview and I did not like that feeling at all.

'Brooda mi, daddy is calling you or do you want to follow her home?'

We pulled back to see Moji staring at us quizzically. Uthman moved back, grabbed Moji's hand, waved at me with his free hands before he walked to where their car was packed.

I did not know if I walked to car or they carried me but I just knew I was already sitting at the back with Zee and Hana and my brother was driving out of Lakeview's Gate.

I'm not going to come here next session. This is actually where it ends. Like the end end. The final end. Oh my God! I facepalmed myself and I tried to think of my best memory in Lakeview; Uthman was in all of them and my absolute favorite was the first time we hugged in our corner.

I turned back to look at Lakeview's gate but it was almost out of my sight. My phone vibrated on my laps and I swiped it up. It was a message from Uthman.

'Don't cry because you miss me too much. I miss you already. A whole lot.'

My lips stretched into a smile that got dragged until I could have sworn my lips were starting to tear. My phone chimed again;

'And I can't wait to see you again. Video call tonight?'

Or it was probably a new beginning. The keynote speaker was right;

Endings are simply new beginnings.

The end. The end? The end. Oh my God! I can't believe this. I've written the last chapter of my book. Like seriously? Oh wow.

I'm a mash of emotions right now and I'd be lying if I say I did not tear up while writing this chapter. I did tear up and my eyes are brimming with unshed tears as I type this too. Oh my God! I seriously can't believe I'm here.

Let's talk about the final chapter; Did it meet your expectations?
Did you like it?
An emoji that describes it.

Pewww, I picked their graduation song when the book was just in chapter 15. Then, I was really anxious about getting to the end but now that I'm here, I can't even put my feelings into words

You guys should ask me questions oo, about anything, this book, my life outside wattpad, anything and I'll definitely try answer all.

I have a lot of things to say but I'll save them for later when I update the epilogue. Yes, there's going to be an epilogue. I'll update that whenever I update the Q/A. And I'm saving my tears till then too but before then, I'm saying a very Very big thank you to everyone who read this book. You guys have no idea how I feel right now.

And don't forget to ask me questions oo. It's important. And I also have two questions for you; Who was your favorite character and why?
What was your favorite thing about the book?

And who noticed I ended the book with the same quote I started it with😩😭😪

P.S I finished writing this chapter at exactly 3:29am. I seriously deserve a Lambo. Send me my Lambo oo.

Bye bye 😎

Ciao 😩💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 2K 31
Everyone does not have the flawless life we all seem they have, some have obstacles to face, battles to fight and as teenagers, stages to over come...
8K 364 32
WARNING ⚠️ This book I am not proud of and I could have done better. In my opinion it's kinda bad but be my guest to give it a shot and find out you...
101K 19.7K 59
Being a narcissistic person, Kiisha gets infuriated by Jared who won her thrice at a competition and ever since then, she despised him. But then, Jar...
298K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...