supernaturals [nct 127 x rea...

By universaja

More

[prolouge.]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[58]
[59]
[60]
[61]
[62]
[63]
[64]
[65]
[66]
[67]
[68]
[69]
[70]
[71]
[72]
[73]
[74]
[75]
[76]
[77]
[78]
[79]
[80]
[81]
[82]
[83]
[84]
[85]
[86]
[87]
[88]
[89]
[90]
[91]
[92]
[93]
[94]
[95]
[96]
[97]
[98]
[99]
[100]
[101]
[102]
[103]
[104]
[105]
[106]
[107]
[108]
[109]
[110]: The Last Chapter
Ncity Lobby

[23]

4.6K 237 131
By universaja

reminder;

i updated two chapters yesterday. (chap. 21 and 22) but im not sure if you get notified at chapter 21 because i updated it when our internet is hella slow so i hope you see it if you ever still hasn't. thank you!

please do check the chaps or refresh, im not sure if it notifies you. lovelots!

xx

c h a p t e r - t w e n t y t h r e e

"It was you." You mumbled at Donghyuck, realizing he was with you that day when you felt so alone.

"It must've hurt a lot." He patted your back before pulling away.

"Okay but what.." Taeil slowly put himself in the middle of you and Donghyuck to have an enough distance. "..are you guys doing?"

"Having a deep talk." Donghyuck weirdly glanced at Taeil who gave him a bitch-move-smile. "And you ruined it by sitting in the middle."

"Be thankful. If Taeyong was the one who sees you hugging human, he will definitely give you lessons." Taeil scoffed.

You scowled at what he called you, somehow offended. "Human?"

"Yup. You're a human, aren't you?" Taeil squeezed himself until he can already fit. "You seem offended."

"Because I am."

"Why tho?" Donghyuck chuckled.

"Because humans are offending." You joked.

Soon enough, the guys gathered leaving you to seat between Taeil and Jaehyun. They leave atleast some space for you not to be extremely uncomfortable.

For the first time, you enjoyed the warmth of someone sitting beside you but was still slightly anxious since it's rare for someone to be this close to you.

The view was satisfying and calming, well not until you would dare to look below and realize that you're one push away to death.

"Hey," Jaehyun softly called.

"Were you talking to me?" You turned to see him looking infront of the view.

"Are you okay?" Jaehyun smiled. "You must have miss your father so much."

"You suddenly opened? But yeah, I miss him." You tilted your head to realize something. "Do you guys also have something like loss of a life? Or there's no death in your world?"

"Death and Dissipating is the terms for humans and supernaturals but it all means one and that is losing one's life." Taeyong's deep voice said.

"Did you already lose someone?" You continued to asked, curious of their life this time.

"We did, we also lost a father like you did." Jungwoo's sad voice made the calm atmosphere died down. Something about the empath feeling a dominant expression makes the others feel the same. "He's Mr. Jung."

"Mr. Jung?" You recalled his name somewhere. "Did you mentioned him before? He sound familiar."

"Do you remember when you applied in us for a job?" Jaehyun grinned which you replied with a bitter nod.

"Of course. I was scared to death with all of you that time. How is it connected to my question though?"

"We thought he's the one who gave you the card. Its still a mystery until now. No one knows that our building exists because it was only made for other supernatural like us and you miraculously arrived there." Jaehyun looked at you. "Do you still remember how the man looked?"

"Mmm. He has a beard but not like you guys are describing. It's just a normal beard you know, not like Santa Claus' beard." You grinned, remembering them asking if it stops at the chest. "But its weird when he looked like a middle aged man but his voice sounded like an old one."

"Really?" Taeil raised his brow. "Did you see him at our working place?"

"Uhh, no? Those Beginners look like youngsters and it doesn't seem like the guy would fit into the place like yours."

"That remains a mystery of who the hell exposed our address for a human." Sicheng licked his lip out of habit. "But we already know that its impossible that it's Mr. Jung because he simply disappeared five months ago that time."

"Hey guys, I think we should go back now." Johnny suddenly called, standing up and dusting himself. "It's getting late, we still need to fix the things in the mansion."

"Besides, Haechan is sleepy~" The youngest cooed earning some weird glances from the others.

"Are you trying to act cute?" Mark gave him a better-say-no-look.

But Donghyuck shamelessly nodded. "To be honest I don't need to act cause I'm already cute."

"HA-HA-HA. That was the funniest joke I heard in my life!" Doyoung cheered with a disgusted expression.

~~~

"Hey," Johnny peeked at his other members at the room who's currently doing some works.

They still have business on hold and they are currently doing it while they have the time to, except for Doyoung who decided to train the Beginners for awhile.

Curious ,Taeyong was the only one who looked up to hear what he has to say next.

"Where's Y/N?" Johnny hurriedly asked.

"Uhmm.. out with Sicheng and Yuta--"

"Good," Johnny shut the door closed and locked it earning some confused look from the others. "I have something planned, please listen to me before you complain?"

Taeil slowly closed his laptop. "What is it?"

"What if we.. let Y/N go?" Johnny's statement made everyone yell 'What?!' in confusion. He raised his hands in defeat. "Guys, listen first."

"All of a sudden, Johnny? When she is in danger?" Taeyong fought the urge to roll his eyes while stating the obvious.

"I just realized something. Y/N should be away from us." Johnny's shoulder fell down. "Do you guys not realize how she's far away to what her world should she be? It's because of us."

Everyone turned silent. Jungwoo quickly waved everyone, "But she's in danger-"

"And the reason she might be is because she's the only human near with us." Johnny slowly looked down. The other suddenly find it a fact. What he was trying to prove is a fact. "I know we've been closer than we expect not to be with her--"

"I don't." Taeyong innocently claimed. "I don't care about letting her go."

"Just admit it! Besides," Donghyuck scowled at him. "No one is asking."

"Like I'm saying, it will be pretty hard to let her go." Johnny frowned. "But we should. We are the one who's bringing her close to the danger."

"I don't understand.." Jaehyun stared blankly infront. "We've done everything to protect her."

"Doing it is like building something that keeps on breaking. We're protecting someone we're bringing in danger at the same time." Johnny tilted his head. "I only realized it earlier. He lost his father and wasn't meant to be in this world. She isn't meant to--"

"She is not meant to be alone." Taeyong, who blurted out earlier that he doesn't care, is now defending your side.

"Yeah, I know, you all see her that way. But that means she could've be making friends with an actual human, not some superhumans." Everybody turned silent on Johnny's point.

"The guide book! How about that one?" Mark eagerly explained. "It literally wrote her name--"

"The Guide Book has been silent for the past days. There were no other words and it was either blank or back at its default letters." Johnny put his hands on his hips. "I don't know about you but I think this is the best way."

"Johnny.." Taeil slowly shook his head. "I don't think we should let her go. There must really be a reason why she was here."

"This must be the reason. The realm send her to us so we would know how to decide things and not depened into The Guide Book or Mr. Jung." Johnny balled his fist. "And now we got the lesson, we should let her free."

Taeyong couldn't disagree. It often crosses his mind how unlucky you are to be stucked with them.

But are you really unlucky?

Mark looked down, his eagerness to explain to Johnny shattering. "Hyung is right. Y/N should be kept away from us."

Jungwoo felt everyone's disappointment and sadness to let you go now.

It's obvious though.

Even an empath can tell how much each individual hated the thought of letting you go, but was now too sad to realize it was what they need to do.

"How are we gonna explain this to the other guys?" Donghyuck had visible low energy.

"When we get back at the mansion, we'll tell them." Taeyong monotonously said, standing up. "I'll shower first. You guys continue coordinating with the other branches."

"Goodluck to convincing Yuta." Taeil tiredly said. "That guy has no chill especially that he seem to liked Y/N that much."

"He will probably understand." Johnny looked down.

It hurted him that he was the one who said it but if he don't, who else will?

Your eyes widened while looking at the mansion moved in the new space. It exactly looked the same making you glanced at Doyoung.

"Did you really move this place?" You asked in disbelief while taking small steps.

"Yup." He chuckled, slightly adoring your sight.

"Was it heavy?"

"I didn't literally carry it." Doyoung chuckled, his precious gummy smile appearing. "I just happened to summon it."

"Then did Jaehyun try to move it too?" You remembered the mentioned man's ability is telekinesis.

Doyoung fought the urge to ruffle your hair and walked ahead. "He did manipulated some things to move."

"Hey," Taeyong wrapped his arms around Doyoung's shoulder and leaned to whisper. "Tell Sicheng and Yuta that we have something to talk to in the office. Without Y/N."

Doyoung weirdly nodded and watched Taeyong took a step ahead, curiousity growing inside him.

Mark then grabbed your wrist which made you jump.

You gave him a sigh of relief. "What's with the sudden contact?"

"Let's go for a walk?" He suddenly pulled you out.

You gave him a flustered look. "Wait! We just arrived at the place!"

"Yup. Now, let's go out." Mark was acting strange in your perspective but the guys already got it.

He insisted to take you out why they have some serious talk. You didn't even got to protest when you realize Mark was already pulling you in the middle of busy streets.

You had to pull him back to snap him out of his tense reaction. "Mark! You're getting us get bumped in a few minutes if you continue walking!"

"O-Oh, I'm sorry." He held his head.

Your furrowed brows turned worried to see him like this. "Is there a problem?"

"Nothing." He lied. And he's bad at it.

He didn't let you speak again and grabbed your wrist again, crossing the streets with much calmer figure.

You ended up into a cafe. He pulled his wallet and sighed. "Do you want anything?"

"A coffee."

"What else?"

"Just coffee." You smiled. He turned around and surprisingly went to the lane for you. You watched him bought a venti sized coffee.

You couldn't ignore the other girls looking at Mark with some big smiles on their places. You wouldn't deny that if you were them who ignored everyone around you eighty percent of the time, you'd get slightly interested about him.

He completely is a boyfriend material.

You flinched when he sat infront of you, crumpling the recepit as he get to pass you drink. "Here you go."

"Uhm, how about you?" You were hesitant to take the drink.

"I'm already anxious. I wouldn't risk getting more tensed." He grimaced, bouncing his leg up and down.

You innocently opened the drink. "You could've just order a food."

"No, I'm good."

"Then why did you even take me here?" You giggled, aiming for it to be a joke but it seems like he took it seriously because it was real that he did it to keep you away from his brothers having meeting.

He chuckled along but with a glint of nervousness in his eyes while thinking of an excuse. "This is a date?"

His eyes widened together with yours when he realized what just said. He quickly covered his mouth as you choked on the liquid going down on your throat.

"I m-mean, what date is it now?" Mark said as an excuse.

You patted your chest while still coughing. You pointed at the calendar beside. "Look over there." You cleared your throat as you try to get rid of the tingly feeling after choking from the drink. "You're really acting weird."

"A-Am I?" He scratched the back of his head and sighed. He knows he do but he can't help himself. Mark suddenly stood up. "I'm gonna use the bathroom."

"O-Okay." You bit the insides of your cheeks and watch him leave. "Something must be going on.."

You stayed at your seat for a few minutes, enjoying your company alone while having your coffee. You reached the cup half but Mark is still not back. You glanced repeatedly at the clock until someone blocked your view.

"You're finally he-- sorry." You bowed down to see a stranger smirking infront of you. "I thought you're someone I know."

"No need to be formal, Lee Y/N." He called.

Your eyes widened. "How did you kn.. wait." You tried to recall his face. "Are you..?"

He grinned. "It's me, Ten. How come you forget about me already?"

"Oh, right. Sorry." You took a your seat back. "I usually don't try to remember people's names."

"Why though?" He cutely smiled.

You forced a grin. "You wouldn't want to know."

Well, because you personally think that you won't converse with them next time so there's no use of remembering their names.

Ten nodded. "I guess so. Why are you here?"

"Uhh.. just.. chilling?"

"That's great. You're probably stressed about what happened to your school since the place suddenly burned. I hope you find a new one." Ten ruffled your hair which made you uncomfortably sip on your drink. "I'm going now."

"Have a safe ride." You smiled and watched him leave. You watched his car drove away and get back on your seat when his words ring in your head. "Wait.. he knew about the school burned? Well, of course he would."

You tilted your head. It was top news in televisions, newspapers or radios.

You then clicked your tounge. "But how did he know I study there?"

The last thing you remembered, Ten dropped you to a bus stop and not any closer to your home or school so there's no way he could have any idea about you other than your name.

But did it accidentally slipped in your mouth without being informed you did?

"I'm done." You snapped to see Mark standing infront of you.

You checked your drink to find it empty. "Wow. My drink is finally done when you arrived."

"Sorry, I just need to collect myself." He sighed. "Let's go back now."

"Sure."

He was now back with his self. Mark decided to tour you around the place because you want to see if it really is the same mansion.

You even reached the library and it looked exactly the same. Your eyes glistens while looking at the group of books sorted by colors, names, and how old it has been.

Mark smiled while walking beside you with his hands on his pockets. "Are you amazed because its the same place or because of the amount books?"

"Both." You chuckled.

Mark let you check some books and put it back. "You will be reading yourself to sleep again."

"Hmm, I guess." You happily looked at stacks of books. "Shall I have some books from here? Will you allow me?"

Mark slowed his pace. He glanced at you with disappointment in his eyes. That's the problem. You'll not gonna stay with them soon.

Mark suddenly grabbed your arm and whirled you around to face him. You flinched and gave him a freaked out look. "What is it again?"

He stared at you for a few minutes before he let go of your arm. You're now sure that something is up with him.

"You know, you can just tell me what is happening with you. I may not be good at socializing but I can try to comfo--" Mark pulled you into him and his soft lips landed on your forehead.

He shut his eyes to see feel your warmth. He stayed like that for a minute as you slowly relax on him.

You close your eyes and a faint smile appeared into you. "I don't know why you're doing this."

Mark raised his hand and caressed your back as he slowly pull away and took a step closer, somehow hugging you but still leaving a place.

"I'm gonna miss ya'." He mumbled causing you to be more confused.

You awkwardly looked around as it resulted your gaze to fall into a familiar portrait. You squinted your eyes while trying to recognize the man until a picture appeared in your head.

"Mark!" You yelled, the man jumping since he was startled.

"W-What?!"

"It looks just like him!" You pointed at the portrait behind. Mark furrowed his brows as he looked arouns. "The man who gave me the card."

"W-What?" He frozed on his spot while looking at the portrait of the man.

"But he looks kinda older there." You shook your head. "Its probably not him. Maybe just someone he look-alik-- woah!"

Mark started running which made you trail behind.

"Hey!" You called. "Where are you going?!"

"It's him!" Mark's voice echoed at the hall while you give up on following him. "Mr. Jung!"

"Mr. Jung?" You furrowed your brows. "Who is he.. wait. Mr. Jung?"

The man the guys mentioned as their father?

Oh, you gotta be kidding yourself.

They mentioned he was gone five months when the you arrived in their life which was just a day ago when you received the card. That means you probably talked to someone who's already gone.

It sends goosebumps to you and it didn't help when a book dropped right infront you.

"The Ghost Book?" You mumbled.

That's it. You gotta blast. The book wrote.

|     |     |     |     |

a/n;

ily na jaemin

ehe

btw, im doing exo mafia at the same time so please bear with me.. i hope i can handle two story dude.ㅠㅠㅠ

and alsooo, cheer up.

and stop victim blaming. stop being an asshole.

that's it. cheer up girl, u will be okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 626 38
IDOL SERIES #2 Moon Ara Trainee who was being false accused and kicked out by the company Joshua Hong Successful idol who only focus on his work but...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
1M 35.4K 104
She was young. She was average. She was the one they wanted. It was common for them to get a little obsessed. Cold, Heartless, And dangerous, T...
22.7M 796K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...