I See Dead People

By MarshMarrow

(Bnha x Reader) ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ; ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴏʀɢᴀɴɪꜱᴍ You were a pretty normal girl with a happy... More

Character introduction + Ghost introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven: Part One
Seven: Part Two
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six

Sixteen

5.9K 305 318
By MarshMarrow

"I've been expecting you child."

Turning around, (Y/n) was surprised to see a woman. 'Was she there before?' The girl thought as a bad feeling suddenly overcame her. The teen watched her suspiciously as she was beckoned over by one of the mysterious woman's fingers. Strangely enough, the (h/c) haired girl couldn't find the willpower within herself to turn away and instead walked forward, approaching the round table that the woman sat at.

This lady was pale as paper and had silky blue hair that peaked out from the head piece she wore. Dotting her complexion were what looked like freckles that spanned from underneath her eyes to her exposed shoulders. Though, when (Y/n) squinted, she saw that they were golden and lined together like constellations. She wore bright red lipstick on her smiling lips and stared at the teen with enchanting, lidded orbs. Golden accessories decorated her clothing and body, giving her the appearance of royalty.

"Don't be shy now. Take a seat," The woman called with a charming smile. Her voice was soft and alluring as the teenager continued forward, her companion not far behind her as she plopped into the only other chair that sat across from the woman. Flicking her gaze to the ghost wearily, (Y/n) clutched her toy closer to her chest as she asked, "Do I know you?" A weird smirk dressed the lady's lips as she brought a hand up to stifle silent laughter. "Oh no dear, but I know all about you (Y/n)," She responded, faking a shocked look as (Y/n)'s face morphed into one of caution, and Nanashi's of hostility.

The woman's amused gaze glanced over to the ghost as she flicked her wrist at the two. "How rude of me to not introduce myself. I'm known by many names but you dears can call me Ananke," The fortune teller introduced, provoking two different reactions; A look of weariness from the ghost as he noticed the woman address both of them, and one of confusion from the girl in question.

"Ananke? Like the goddess? That's really cool!" The curious girl exclaimed, tilting her head, bringing a smile to the Ananke's colored lips. "Oh, you flatter me dear. Though, your friend on the other hand doesn't seem to think the same." The pair's eyes widened at her statement, looking to eachother, then back to her in bewilderment. "Friend? You mean Nan-"

"Now, you didn't come here for small talk did you? Let's get to the reading," The blue haired woman cut her off, removing her attention from the two and to the space behind them as she snapped her fingers. Not even a second later, (Y/n) heard approaching footsteps from both sides of her, and soon she had faces to match them.

From her left approached a boy. He had long, pink hair, a slender face, and wore a golden head piece that went around his forehead, where a few decorative pearls were placed, complimenting the jewelry nicely. The boy's rather pale complexion was decorated with weird markings around his forehead, cheeks, and neck. (Y/n) couldn't tell if there were anymore due to the clothes he wore. He held a rather mature aura, but (Y/n) sensed something off as he drew closer. Meeting her eyes, the boy stared blankly at her through his dull, crimson orbs. The girl jumped slightly as he narrowed his eyes, now glaring at her as he frowned. In his hands, he held a table cloth—similar in design to the rest of the tent—and set it down before stepping away, standing still as a statue.

Next, to her right came another person. (Y/n) wasn't sure whether they were also a boy or not due to their rather androgynous appearance, but like the previous boy, (Y/n) assumed they were around her age. The teen also had long hair, but theirs was messier and a dark navy-blue color. Unlike the boy from before, they had a softer face with rather feminine features. The teen carried an aura of fragility with them as he edged closer to the table, an upset look on their face. He carried a shiny crystal ball, which was eventually set down on top of the table-cloth as their doe brown eyes looked to (Y/n). The girl wore a concerned expression as they made eye-contact. The dark haired teen looked to be on the brink of tears as he flinched backwards, quickly going around the table to stand at the pink haired male's side—where they averted their watery eyes to the ground and fidgeted in place.

(Y/n) looked to the two in concern. All of a sudden, the situation felt...off. Not like it wasn't already, but similar to Nanashi, (Y/n) now had her suspicions that something was going on. She noticed that the area had chilled significantly, but didn't get to make a comment on it as Ananke coughed rather loudly, catching her attention.

Jumping, she looked to the blue haired woman, who observed her with a smirk. "Interested in my sons now, are we?" She asked, watching in amusement as the (h/c) haired girl shook her head. "N-no! It's not that I-"

"Not necessary," Ananke cut the teenager off, letting her lips drop to a straight line as she snapped her fingers once again. "Dismissed." The duo watched in astonishment as the siblings vanished into thin air without another word. (Y/n) turned her head and parted her lips to ask the fortune teller a question, but didn't get the chance to as her pointer finger was held up to the girl, shushing her. "Hush child. We must get on with it," Ananke stated, turning her focus to the translucent sphere in front of them.

Placing her hands around the ball, woman let hushed whispers leave her lips as she wriggled her fingers above it. (Y/n) watched in awe as she heard Ananke's voice begin to resound through the room. She eventually witnessed the crystal ball begin to glow, illuminating the area around them as multi-colored eyes rolled to the back of their head. The whispers got louder and all of a sudden, a weightless feeling took over the girl.

The teen gasped lightly as she noticed small strands of her (h/t) hair began to float, along with her uniform. The girl had to put a hand to her skirt to keep it down. Another few moments passed and all went silent as (Y/n) could feel gravity take its toll once again.

Yet, the ball continued to grow as the blue-haired fortune teller hummed, smiling lightly. This sent a surge of excitement through the girl as she took it as a good sign. Sprouting from her seat, the middle-schooler tried to get a look at the glowing orb as she leaned forward, palms pressed against the table. "So, what'd ya' see? Do I get into U.A.? Will I be a successful hero? How far do you see?" She asked excitedly, making the two others in the room sweat-drop. "Settle down now. We shall get to that soon," Ananke stated, making the (h/c) haired girl sit back down, her knee bouncing excitedly.

Humming once again—this time quieter—the fortune teller closed her eyes as they, and the crystal ball stopped glowing. (Y/n) noticed the woman's brows furrow slightly and her smile drop before she put her facade back up. Opening her multi-colored eyes back up, they were revealed to be back to their original state as the woman parted her lips to speak. "Well," she started. "Fate definitely has much in store for you my dear. Welcome the things coming your way with open arms. Whether they be good," The woman paused once again, a slightly troubled look on her mystic features before she continued, "...Or bad."

This evoked two seperate reactions from her guests. While Nanashi only grew more skeptical of the female, his (h/t) haired counterpart's curiosity only grew as she displayed an astonished look. Leaning forward on the table once again,  (Y/n) whined. "But that's so vague Ms. Ananke! Anyone could tell me that!"

"I suppose you are right, so I'll tell you this," The older female held a long silence as she looked for a way to phrase her words carefully. Looking the teenager dead in her (e/c) eyes, a heavy tension settled in the room as she uttered seriously, "Be very cautious around sharp rocks (Y/n). You are not expected to live long."

If she couldn't feel it before, the girl could definitely feel the heavy atmosphere now. Fanning herself with her collar, the younger girl grew nervous. "Wh-what do you mean? I-I'm going to die?" "Precisely," Ananke bluntly responded, disturbing her client as an uneasy look displayed on her face. Humming, the fortune-teller put a hand to her cheek as she mulled over her thoughts. (Y/n) gripped the arms of her chair as an unsettled feeling set at the bottom of her stomach. Watching the child with an amused gaze, Ananke brought her other hand from under the table, setting two identical rings** down on top of the table as she offered, "How about a proposal?"

"Proposal?" Repeated the girl in question, who looked at the two rings with confusion. The blue haired lady only nodded, commenting, "I've grown quite a liking to you (Y/n). Maybe you can be saved from your fate...but only if you accept my help." Analyzing the look of uncertainty on the girl's face and the hostility her dead friend radiated, Ananke snapped her fingers, making two familiar silhouettes reappeared. It was the two boys from earlier.

Motioning to the two teens, the fortune teller smiled. "I want you to meet my children (Y/n)," she stated. Though they both held stoic faces and stiff stances, (Y/n) noticed the shorter, dark haired boy bite his lip slightly, clutching the fabric of his robe at his sides. The older woman's red lips dropped into a frown as she commanded them, not bothering to look in their direction beside her. "Eros, Agape, introduce yourselves." The siblings then stepped forward, according to the order she called their names and bowed in sync.

"Nice to meet you (L/n)/Ms. (L/n)," They spoke simultaneously, the shorter boy bowing once again as he apologized for not addressing her correctly. Thoroughly creeped out at their knowledge of her full name, the (h/c) haired female bit her lip anxiously, nodding in the siblings' direction before turning her focus back to the fortune teller.

Honestly, at this point the teen would've preferred to be at school than this situation as her gut was telling her to leave. "U-um, what exactly are you getting at Ms.Ananke?" She stammered, rubbing her arms as the air grew chilly once again. As she made eye contact with the freckled fortune teller, Nanashi observed a weird glint in her the woman's eyes as she smiled slyly, parting her lips to speak.

"I want you to take my sons."

Ananke-Goddess of Destiny, necessity and fate

Eros-A love felt particularly within the body/a "physical" passionate love

Agape-An unconditional love/selfless love of one person for another without sexual implications

**Honestly, you can picture the rings to look however you want

Artwork used not mine

Unedited

        Okay, one more chapter of this carnival thing, then back to the 'normal' life of (Y/n). I have a lot planned for Eros and Agape, so look forward to that. Here's the game plan;

-After this carnival/fair stuff is over, we reach summer time, which is also training time for (Y/n) and her quirk

-After that, then we head back to the main plot, where (Y/n) and the characters take their exams to get into U.A.[I know I'm taking a long time to actually start on the anime, but please bear with me here (-_-)]

        Get it? Got it? Good! That's all for now, so stay safe and thank you for reading!

        -M.M.

***I'll update the character introduction chapter later

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

746K 14.2K 200
Just some Yandere x Reader One Shots {Female Pronouns} Obviously ⚠️Trigger Warnings⚠️ Read at your own discretion May contain Mha/Vigilantes spoilers...
5.3K 236 33
┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐ 𝐿𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝑜𝓁 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓈𝓈, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓋𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓋...
7K 245 35
Female reader insert. Awkward woman in her mid 20s with no quirk, but determined help anyway. I'm not sure how to explain this but this will have a...
14.2K 493 17
ᴵᶻᵘᵏᵘ ᴹⁱᵈᵒʳⁱʸᵃˣ ᶠ! ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ ╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ╰┈➤ ❝ If your dreams don't scare you there too small. ❞ ♡˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚🍒:; ↳ ❝ ¡ Stop moving ya head ! ❞ ╔═══...