Creation Begins with an I, De...

By CrashOfWorlds

Error and Ink are two Gods, one of creation, the other of Destruction. One is a tattoo artist, happy with his... More

Fried Chicken and Video Games
Guilt
Creation Meets Destruction
Emo Love Advice
"We'll Regret This In The Morning."
Playing Mute
'Inky'
'Mr. Perfect Nurse'
Official and Illegal
Suspicious
You're Replaceable
Hospitals Are Fun!
Idiot of the Highest Order
Kidnapped
"Stick The Knife Back In, It Might Help."
Philosophical Nonsense
Mr Monochrome and his Misplaced Brother
Act Serious For A Minute, You're Being Held At Gunpoint Now
'Crossing' The Line
Reverse Child Kidnapping
99 Problems and People are Every Single One of Them
Your Local Drug Dealers
Starbucks Group Therapy
Perfectly Ordinary Library
Why Does Everyone Have a Million Secrets Now
Drunken Latino Meltdown
Normal Day at the Office
Randomly Generated Conversation Topics
Is It Supposed to Look Like That?
Ordinary Family Dinner
Bowls and Bullets
Feeling Like We'd Rather Not Feel at All
A POSITIVE announcement about the future of this book
Exciting News! (+Exclusive content preview!)
THE REWRITE OF THIS BOOK IS OUT NOW

The Air Has The Consistency of Ice Cream

3.7K 146 1.8K
By CrashOfWorlds

"Good morning, Oreo Boy."

Cross jumped. The door had slammed open as he'd been tying his shoelaces. He let out a shaky sigh and pulled his hood over his face as he saw Nightmare in the doorway of his hospital room. "Don't do that..." Cross' voice was somewhat shaky and quiet.

Nightmare narrowed his eyes. "You okay? "

"Yeah, sorry..." Cross stood up, his back facing Nightmare, "Just... a little tired."

"Y'know, if you don't feel better you probably shouldn't leave yet." The God took a few steps forwards.

"I've already been discharged. I'm just going now. Don't worry, like I said, I'm just tired. Sleeping in a hospital is never a nice experience." 

"You're crying." Nightmare stated as it suddenly hit him.

"No I'm n-!"

"What's wrong?" He put an arm around the monochrome skeleton. Initially Cross shrugged him off, but about two seconds later he spun around and grabbed Nightmare, wrapping his arms around him, burying his face in the God's shoulder. 

"I...I'm just... W-What if he doesn't r-recover? Is it m-my fault? D-Did I drag h-him into this?" Cross stuttered. 

Nightmare immediately embraced him, whispering softly to him, "Hey... hey, he's gonna be okay. Okay?"

"Y-You don't know that!"

"I do. I know he's going to be okay. I promise he'll get better." Nightmare knew he shouldn't make promises he couldn't keep. He never did, but... he couldn't help himself; he just wanted Cross to believe him. Believe that everything would be okay, even if it wouldn't. 

"But Nightmare-!"

"Shh. It's okay."

The longer Nightmare stood there with Cross in his arms, the better it felt. But he felt like he was taking advantage of Cross' vulnerability. And not just because of the negativity that he was getting from Cross, but the hug itself... it felt so nice. He couldn't help himself; as they pulled apart, he planted a small kiss on Cross' skull.

 Cross looked up at him with teary eyes. He leaned in, pressing his mouth to Nightmare's. The monochrome skeleton didn't know how he felt in this moment. He'd been wanting this since that kiss on the battlefield. But it just felt... wrong. 

"I'm sorry," Cross muttered as he pulled away suddenly, wiping his tears aggressively and grabbing his phone and a black and white bag, slinging it carelessly over one shoulder as he walked hastily to the door.

"Wait," Nightmare called, following him, "Dream asked me to take you home. Just to make sure you got there okay."

"I don't like you." Cross stated as Nightmare hurried to catch up to him.

"Oh, thanks."

"No- I don't like you."

"Okay. Then what was that about?" Nightmare looked at him, making Cross turn his head.

"Just forget about it."

"That's twice you've done that to me now," Nightmare suddenly stopped walking, grabbing Cross' arm to pull him back, "You kiss me and then tell me I'm just supposed to pretend nothing happened. I know you weren't in the right frame of mind last time, and I appreciate that you're upset now. But stop leading me on, Cross." 

"I'm not leading you on, I just-"

"Can't make up your mind?" Nightmare scoffed, "Well, let me know when you have." He turned to walk away, but collided with someone else. They dropped everything they were holding, and as Nightmare started to apologise he realised he was looking at Dream's exhausted face. Both twins crouched down, starting to collect the papers and files Dream had dropped. "Sorry, Dream, didn't see you..."

"Don't worry about it..." Dream replied, yawning. 

"Shouldn't you have left half an hour ago? It's half seven!"

"Yeah, but I just need to take these to paediatrics before I leave. Figured I'd just come and see if you two were still here."

"We were just going..." Nightmare looked over at Cross, who spun back around, walking off. "Where are you g-? I don't even care, he can do what he wants. Don't think he really wants me to take him home."

"Oh, don't say you two are arguing again." Dream sighed as he stood up.

"I don't know, I think he's just upset about Chara." 

"Mm, I get that." Something beeped and Dream pulled out his pager. "Oh, no, I'm not doing that. It's really not my problem anymore, my shift's over."

"What is it?"

"Just a doctor being lazy and telling nurses to do what he doesn't want to."

"Honestly, just put those somewhere," Nightmare nodded at what Dream was carrying, "If I'm not taking Cross home, may as well go with you."

Dream turned around, dumping everything on the nurses station, looking at the nurse typing on a computer. "I don't care who does it, I need those on paediatrics."  The nurse looked up at him, briefly flicking through all the files.

"Are you on nights?" She asked.

"Yes, and I want to go home."

She gave him a sympathetic smile, standing up and patting his shoulder before grabbing the stack and walking off. Dream looked at Nightmare with a surprised expression.

Nightmare smirked. "See? Easy!"

"Not always. She's probably been on nights before, that's the only reason she'd feel bad." Dream snickered. 

"Okay, so...Tonight," Nightmare coughed.

"Oh yeah, tonight. Forgot that was a thing." The pair started walking off the ward, descending a staircase.

"I don't know what time we're heading out, Cross said he'd let me know, but he's doing his usual grumpy thing now that the morphine's out of his system."

"Do you think Ink or Error would be awake now?" Dream asked.

"Error definitely won't be, and I don't know Ink, you tell me."

"Most likely. Unless he's with Error."

"And is he?"

"I don't know, I didn't ask."

"So, how was your day, anyway? Or, night, actually." 

"Do you really wanna hear about it?" Dream grimaced.

"Sure."

"Okay, well... When you left, Hannah showed up on the ward, and I tried my best to avoid her for three hours. Eventually I had to come into Claire's cubicle around two in the morning, and Hannah was there. The worst part was that she recognised me. And as 'Nightmare Joku's twin brother'."

Nightmare snorted. "She's not wrong."

"And then at about half two, a four year old boy nearly died."

"Oh."

"Yeah, acute respiratory infection."

"...That's..."

Dream cut him off, knowing his brother didn't have anything else to say, "Three AM was quiet. Until Claire threw up on Patricia. I wanted to laugh so bad." Dream grinned. 

"Oh my God, she's that blonde bitch, right? The one that dumped Claire on you in the first place?" Nightmare laughed. 

"Yep! Best part was that Patricia and I swapped places seconds before it happened so I could sort out her IV, so it would have been me!"

"Were you able to confirm cocaine use?"

"Yeah, I reported it. She'd taken, well... bad cocaine."

"What? Again? I mean, if you're gonna sell it, at least make sure it's decent shit." Nightmare muttered.

Dream stopped outside a room labelled 'locker room', putting in a pin to a keypad. "Never thought I'd hear you tell dealers how to do their job." He opened the door, and the twins entered the room. 

"Yeah, well, I'm just saying, I don't think these Goodmans are particularly good at what they do."

"No, they're really not. I mean, seven other kids were admitted because of her last night. That was around four AM, most of them are getting discharged in an hour or so." Dream informed him, pulling his shirt off. 

"They need a new job. How about... crack dealers?"

"They'd probably sell bad crack too." 

**

Missed calls: Glitch (2)

"Shit," Error pressed the button to call him back, throwing the bed covers off him and standing up. The phone continued to ring as Error stumbled out of his room, making his way to the kitchen. Eventually it stopped ringing, going to Glitch's voicemail. Error sighed, hanging up and typing out a message for him. 

E: Sorry about missing your calls, I just woke up. Everything okay?

A few minutes later, Error was sipping a cup of coffee when his phone went off again. He expected it to be Glitch, but the caller was Ink.

"Morning."

"I didn't wake you up, did I?"

"No, I've been awake for... somewhere between five and ten minutes."

"Really? It's nine forty."

"That's not late! Not when I don't have work!" Error protested.

"Yeah, I guess. You probably needed the extra sleep, too."

"Would have slept better with you here," The dark skeleton smiled to himself. Being able to say such things again made him definitely feel happy, but also a little nervous. He didn't know where the line was at the moment, and he was constantly scared he'd step over it accidentally.

To Error's relief, Ink giggled and replied, "Same."

"Well, I've had to missed calls from Glitch... one at around eight, then one at nine."

"Oh, really? I tried to call him around eight too. So he's seen the call whether he ignored it or just didn't call back after missing it."

"Should I invite him out tonight if he calls me back?"

"I don't see why not."

"I really, really don't wanna go out..." Error groaned.

"No?"

"No. I really don't think I can cope with the hangover."

"I haven't had a real hangover in a while."

"Neither have I, and I'm not sure I want one."

"Mmm, I wish I could just get wasted and not feel so shit in the morning."

"Don't we all..." 

"Well, I'm going to the tattoo studio with Cross in a minute, so I should probably get ready to leave..."

"You're going to work, or you're just going to see how things are?"

"Just checking in on them.

"Well, you'd better go then. I'll let you know if Glitch calls me back."

"Okay, love you!"

Error couldn't help but smile to himself again. "Love you too."

Beep.

The God of Destruction turned around, leaning against the counter as he took another sip of the coffee, thinking. As far as he was aware, he had the whole day to himself. He didn't need to go back to the hospital, Cross was out. He didn't need to save any more kids from Alpha. He didn't even need to go anywhere, until tonight. 

"That can't be right," Error muttered, looking back his phone, checking his notifications for any messages telling him what to do. When there weren't any, he put his phone down and just stared at the floor for a second before drinking more coffee. 

After about a minute of him just standing there, he picked up his phone and went to a Discord server. 

'Anyone up for a game? I don't care what.'

As the server had thousands of people, he got a few immediate responses.

'PUBG?'

'Yooo, where've you been, Error? I'm playing ARK if you want to join me.'

'DBD, Error?'

'I'm on CS:GO. Also why the fuck were you gone for so long? You haven't been online in weeks.'

Error grinned, responding, 'Just some bullshit, I can't be bothered to explain it. I'll get on CS:GO for the moment, I've pretty much got a full day to do whatever, so I'll play a few different games. Probably do DBD next.'

'You gonna be online around midnight? The server owner's doing some sort of Gmod event.'

'No, I'm going out with some friends.'

'Fuck. I wanted you to come and crash everyone's games with your mods like you normally do.'

Error laughed. 'Not today, unfortunately. Your PCs are safe for another day.'

**

"Hey, Nightmare?"

"Mm?"

"What if Chara dies?"

Nightmare stopped typing on his laptop. He and Dream had picked up a few things from his place on his way back to Dream's, as Dream had decided he wanted Nightmare to come back to his. "Why would he?"

"Because he's in a coma?" Dream scoffed, sitting up (he'd previously been lying on his bed, with Nightmare sitting at Dream's desk). "I don't think I could go up to Jael or Cross and tell them that he'd died."

"Well... you wouldn't have to. Not if you couldn't."

"But they'd want to hear it from me, right?"

"Probably, but... Dream, he's not even dead yet."

"Yet."

"Error made a full recovery from having the shit kicked out of him by Alpha, why shouldn't C-?"

"Stop doing that! Comparing Chara's case to Error's!" Dream yelled, getting up, "They're in no way similar! Error was never in a coma, he was unconscious for a few hours! Error's also an adult, Chara's a kid! And like I said before, had Chara been treated as fast as Error had, he'd have been fine too!" 

"Calm down, bro!" Nightmare got up and guided Dream back onto his bed, "You need to get some sleep, okay? Don't go worrying about work when you're not there."

"But it's not just a work thing, is it?" Dream sighed, sinking down into the bed covers, "Because he's my friend's brother. It's not the kind of case that just stays on the ward."

"If this is what it's going to do to you, you shouldn't be on the case."

"No! I want to help in any way I can! Even if it's just by providing them with information on the case! This hospital useless, I don't trust anyone else to do it."

"You're emotionally involved, it's gonna make everything harder for you!"

"Now you just sound like my boss!" Dream raised his voice, sitting up again, only to be pushed back onto the covers by Nightmare. 

"Sleep. We've got a pretty full-on night ahead of us."

Dream sighed. "I'm not sure that I really feel like going out tonight."

"You can't back out now!"

"I just don't feel up to it..."

"Well, you've just worked a twelve and a half hour shift. No one can force you to come out tonight, but you'll feel better after some sleep." Nightmare grabbed the laptop off the desk and sat down next to Dream on the bed, reading off the screen for a minute before continuing to type. "Though, how are you going to go into work tomorrow with a bad hangover?"

"I'm not. I have the rest of today and tomorrow off. Legal requirement for twelve hour nightshifts."

"Oh, yeah. That's a good thing."

Dream shut his eyes. "I hate sleeping in the day... I can still see light through my eyelids... It feels, like, wrong to be going to sleep at this time."

"If life would let me, I'd be nocturnal."

"Yeah, well, that's you. Now go and sort out those curtains, there's light coming through them and it's annoying."

Nightmare set the laptop aside, sighing. "Yes, sir." 

**

"Counter terrorists at the buy zone." 

"How many?"

"Three."

"Why the fuck would they go back to the buy zone?"

"They have the stupid."

"What weapon you got, Error?"

"AK-47. You?"

"P90."

"Trash." Error muttered, making several other people on the voice chat laugh.

"Dude, will you stop shooting chickens and start shooting counters?"

"That chicken was definitely up to something."

"Of course it was."

"Might wanna turn volume on the game down," Error said, smirking. 

"Why?"

Suddenly someone screamed down the microphone so loudly that everyone else yelled, and even Error, who had anticipated the scream, pulled his headset off. "Jesus Christ!" After a few moments, he put the headset back on. "I killed the angry Russian boy that's been screaming all match."

"He can't hear us, can he?"

"No, idiot, our mics aren't on in the game."

"Error, put the bomb down, dude."

"Oh, shit, sorry." Just as Error was planting the bomb, his phone went off on his desk next to his PC. The caller was Glitch. "Gonna have to take this, guys." He muted his microphone and stood up with the phone. 

"Hey, Glitch. Everything okay?"

"Define 'okay'."

"What's up?"

"You know that boy you killed?"

"Which one?"

"The one whose memory I apparently didn't wipe correctly."

"Oh, yeah, him."

"He's alive... again."

"What?" Error double checked his microphone was definitely turned off on his PC. He didn't exactly want a bunch of strangers hearing the conversation. It would sure sound weird to an outsider. "I thought he was a human, not a cat! He's on his third life now!" 

"Yep."

"How do you know, anyway?"

"Went back to ReaperTale around eleven last night, and-"

"Uh, whhhyyy?"

"I was just going to- okay, we don't have time for that story."

"Don't we?"

"No. Anyway, I-"

"Were you going to see Life?"

"Possibly."

"Why?"

"Doesn't matter. He was there when I was trying to find Life. He saw me and some cloaked figure grabbed him and teleported away."

"Are you sure it was him?"

"Yes."

"Okay, and are we even gonna bother killing him again?"

"Not until we know who's reviving him."

"Who? So it's not a 'what'?"

"No, it's gotta be a person. I can't think of any other way he's been revived twice."

"I thought you were the only one who-?"

"Not if these guys have stolen power."

"Stolen power? Glitch, could you be a little less vague, please?"

"Listen, I just thought I'd let you know he's alive. I'm gonna follow him around, he what he's doing and who he knows. It might help us."

"Us?" Error repeated, "Woah, I thought these guys were Life, Four and Alpha's job?"

"They are, but this boy's clearly after us, Error. Plus, why shouldn't we be able to find out stuff about these guys ourselves?"

Error sighed. "If you really want to, go ahead. But don't get yourself killed. I'm definitely not getting involved. At least, not today."

"Okay."

"Oh, Glitch?" 

"What?"

"We're going out drinking tonight. You're more than welcome to come along if you want to."

"...Maybe."

"Well, let me know at some point today. We're bar hopping, so I don't know how long we'll be out or how drunk we're getting."

"I'm a lightweight, though."

"I feel you there. Tell you what: you come along, and we can force each other to keep up with the others." Error laughed.

"...Yeah, okay."

**

"Where the hell have you been?"

"Told you. Retrieving Cross' brother."

Ashley flicked her hair over her shoulder. "Yeah, well, Phoenix had me doing all the admin. I'll be more than happy to dump that back on you." 

Ink stifled a laugh. "Since when did Phoenix grow a backbone? God, what happened to this place?"

"I know, it's crazy. The British dude even came in for a day," Ashley said, amused, "But I'm totally planning on getting him fired."

"Jay? That guy came in?"

"Oh, yeah. I always forget how funny his accent is."

"Yeah, where's he from again?" Phoenix asked as he and Cross emerged from the room at the back. 

"Northern England... what's it called?" Cross wondered aloud, taking the piece of paper in Ashley hand and reading it, wincing. "Wow, you guys really did struggle without us."

"Yeah, we had to reduce the opening hours to try and make it work." Ashley huffed.

"I feel like I know the place he comes from..." Ink thought for a moment. "Doesn't it start with like...Man... Man something?"

"Manchester?" Cross suggested.

"Yeah, I think so."

Ashley laughed. "How do you know that?" 

"I've been to the UK. Not to Manchester, but in the UK." Cross replied.

"Where?" Phoenix tried to supress his laughter.

"Wales. They've got some great mountains and shit. Went hiking with a friend there a few years ago."

"Wales? Hiking?" Ashley snorted, putting a hand to her face, "That sounds like the lamest vacation ever!"

Cross shook his head. "It was beautiful. The views in that country..."

"No, a vacation should be in somewhere hot, like Spain!" Ashley protested.

"My God, Spain?" Cross sighed, "That's so basic, though! Everyone's been to Spain! I'd rather go somewhere cold!"

"Spain is terrifying. Trying to speak Spanish to the locals was probably the worst experience of my life." Phoenix snickered. 

"I like Canada," Ink suddenly chimed in.

Phoenix nodded. "Yeah, Canada's cool." 

"Oh, I love Canada!" Cross gasped, "That friend I went to Wales with lives in Canada! I go up there to see him sometimes."

"Which friend is this?" Ink asked.

"Epic."

"That's his name?" Ashley snickered, "Dude, that's... that's amazing. No one could ever bully you with a name like Epic."

"I have the shittest name," Phoenix sighed.

"What? Phoenix is a really cool name!" Ink said.

"Ink, I'm a dragon monster."

"...Fair."

"I don't hate my name..." Cross said, "But the jokes do get annoying. I could have punched Nightmare the other day when he made a joke about 'crossing' the line."

"Yeah, I get that. That would annoy me too." Ink responded.

Cross cleared his throat. "Well, we should probably sort some shit out. Ashley, you said you were getting Jay fired?"

"I'm gonna try."

"Great. Let's do it."

**

"Okay, rules are," Nightmare put his arm out to stop Cross walking into the bar.

"There's rules?" Cross sighed.

Nightmare ignored him, "Don't get drunk by the first bar. I'm looking at you, Error."

"Hey! Glitch is a lightweight too!"

"Rule two," Nightmare continued, "No wine."

"I'm happy with that." Error snickered.

"I love wine!"

"Shut up, Ink. Your opinion is invalid."

"Are you gonna let him take that, Error?" Cross laughed.

"Yep."

"What?! Some boyfriend you are!" Ink yelled, punching his arm.

"Wine is only acceptable during some sort of fancy dinner. That's the only time I condone drinking wine."

"I'm breaking up with you."

"Not if I break up with you first."

"You couldn't live without me."

"Is there any more rules?" Cross turned to Nightmare, giving him a mock smile.

"Yep, rule three-"

Cross suddenly hit Nightmare's outstretched arm with the side of his hand, making Nightmare cry out in pain and retract the arm. "Jesus, Cross!"

With Nightmare out of the way, Cross entered, the rest following.

A few minutes later, they found themselves at a table in the corner of the crowded bar.

"Didn't think this place was actually popular," Error looked around, taking a sip of his beer.

"Neither did I." Reaper shrugged.

"Okay," Cross returned to the table, holding a tray of fourteen shots.

"Oh God, we're not doing shots already?" Ink moaned.

"Oh, we are. There's two each here." Cross grinned evilly at him.

"Great." Error snatched one of the shots, downing it with a shudder. "Jesus..."

Cross took his two shots, taking the first one with no reaction. "Go on, Nightmare. We have a bet."

Nightmare grabbed one of the shots, draining the glass, with also minimal reaction. 

Dream followed, then Ink, Reaper then Glitch.

"So," Ink smirked at Nightmare, "This novel you're writing..."

Everyone turned to Nightmare, and Dream gasped. "You're what?"

Nightmare looked stunned. "How did you know?" He looked around  at the others. Error was looking down at the table. Nightmare scoffed. "What? Error, you told them? I said you couldn't tell anyone!"

"You told us all about his breakdown. Apparently you were the only one he wanted to know." Ink rolled his eyes.

"It's fine. He was concerned about me." Error gave Ink a look. 

"What? I'm just saying. Guess you're even now."

"Ink." Error said sternly.

"Alright, alright..."

Nightmare took his other shot. "Well, it's really nothing special. In fact, it's shit."

"Nightmare, I know that's not true! You're an amazing writer!" Dream reassured him, putting a hand on his brother's shoulder.

"Right," Error quickly downed his other shot before standing up, "I'll get another round." He subtly nodded at Ink, gesturing for him to follow. He stood up and went after Error.

"I don't need you to jump in like that," Error said, "I know you're not doing it to cause trouble, but I'm not trying to get in any more arguments right now. Okay?"

Ink folded his arms. "Error, I really don't like him."

"I know that," Error sighed as they walked up to the bar, "Can you please just be as nice as you can?"

"No."

"Civilised, then?"

"Maybe."

"For me?"

"...Fine."

"Thank you," Error smiled at him before turning to the bartender, "Another fourteen shots of vodka, please." The bartender nodded, walking off, and Error looked back at Ink, "And please, promise you'll tell me tomorrow morning if I do anything stupid tonight, because I won't remember it."

"And I will?" Ink snickered, "I'm probably no better than you are!"

"Great."

**

"...and I'm not even joking, Cross is here restraining this drunk, half-naked man, Phoenix is just staring, Ashley's somewhere between wanting to help Cross but also finding it funny watching him on his own-"

"And you were stood staring, just like Phoenix." Cross cut in, rolling his eyes and finishing his beer.

"I didn't know what to do!" Ink laughed.

"I'm assuming he didn't get the tattoo in the end?" Dream chuckled, finishing his drink too.

"No, Cross managed to wrestle him into the street and locked the door. I mean, we were already due to close, so..." Ink replied, spinning his empty beer bottle in circles on the table.

"Sounds like you guys get a lot of excitement at work," Error snickered, "The most we have at my work is the occasional mental breakdown. And that's never pretty. The boss asked someone to make some copies of something once, and this guy just loses his shit and pushes everything off his desk before making a big speech and quitting. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened to me yet." 

"Well, there was that time you went in hungover and snapped at literally everyone. You told us about that one." Nightmare raised his 'eyebrows'.

"Oh, that was hell," Error winced, leaning back, "Turns out hangovers and excessive office drama don't mix."

"Tell them about the meeting," Reaper joined in, grinning.

"No." Error said sharply.

"Go on."

"I...called someone fairly important an ignorant toad." Error muttered.

"What? You can't just- Error!" Ink choked.

"Of all the things you could have picked... a toad?" Cross shook his head, "I'm not impressed."

"She looked like a toad!" Error said defensively, "Anyway, they sent me out of the meeting, and when I was being told off by my boss I just wordlessly left in the middle of his speech."

"Why?"

"Because I was about to throw up."

"Such a lightweight..." Nightmare grinned.

"Should have thrown up on him." Cross commented. Once the laughter had died down, he asked, "So.. what's it actually like to work in an office?"

"Oh, horrible." Error said nothing more, returning to his drink.

Cross continued, "What's worse? The people or the work?"

"The people," Error said immediately, "You're constantly pretending to be interested in what your co-workers did at the weekend, always trying to avoid certain people and eventually running into them in the most awkward way, and you'll continuously find yourself wanting to punch the person in front of you." 

Cross nodded. "At our job, we tell each other if we're not interested in listening in what someone else is saying, there's no point in trying to avoid each other, and if someone wants to punch someone else, they do it."

"Oh, like the time Ashley punched you in the face?" Ink snickered, and Cross rolled his eyes.

Error laughed. "Must be nice working with only three other people."

"Yeah, it's pretty good. Especially since we all get along....mostly." Ink smiled, "What about you, Dream? I've always wondered what nurse gossip is like."

Dream rested his head on his hand. "Well, it's... You don't want to be the subject of the gossip." 

"And have you ever been?" Reaper asked.

"Oh, yeah. Everyone takes it in turns to be the latest scandal. The biggest one I was part of was probably when I was a student nurse. We used to frequently have two nurses put on a case, and the nurse that treated the patient better 'won'. Officially it wasn't a competition, and they never used the term 'win', but all of us knew it WAS a competition." Dream also starting playing with his beer bottle mindlessly as he told the story, "This wasn't on paediatrics. We did rotations on pretty much every ward. Anyway, I was working on the ICU, and me and this other nurse were working on the same patient. Gunshot wound. He was transferred to a different ward one day, since he'd improved massively, and about an hour later... he just.. dies."

There were chorused mutters of 'Oh, shit'.  

"So anyway, there was an investigation. He seemed perfectly fine- Well, you know what I mean, there was no indication that there was anything life-threatening going on. The doctors removed the bullet, and they couldn't find anything else wrong. So the blame automatically fell on the nurses. I knew I hadn't made any mistakes, but the other nurse also insisted he'd done everything right. So of course, the other student nurses turned it into a 'pick your side' kind of thing. I really can't be bothered to go into detail, but mine, his and the doctors notes were all looked at, we were interviewed,  and they found him guilty in the end. The doctors never told me why, though, and that nurse never came back. But the environment was so hostile towards me during the investigation period..." 

"I remember that," Nightmare said.

"Oh, I bet you do. You threatened to storm the hospital for the thousandth time."

"What about you, Glitch? Any stories?" Error asked.

Glitch had barely spoken the entire time, just sitting there, slowly sipping his drink, staring off into space. "Huh? Oh, no, not really."

"You work in an office too, don't you?" Error continued.

"Uh, yeah."

"He's higher up than me, that's for sure." 

"Well, I'm bored of this place." Reaper said, standing up, "Anyone else thinking we need to try somewhere a bit more exciting?"

"Oh, God." Error sighed.

"What?" Ink looked between Reaper and Error.

"Reaper's idea of 'exciting' is clubbing. I hate it."

"Oh, we like clubbing!" Ink looked back at Dream and Cross, who both nodded.

"No, clubs are places people go to get laid, and I'm definitely not trying to do that tonight," Error paused for a moment, turning to Ink and smirking, "Well..."

Ink smirked back, feeling himself blush slightly.

"I just want to go somewhere where the alcohol is stronger." Nightmare cut in.

Cross pointed at Nightmare. "I agree. C'mon, follow me."

"It's not a club, is it?"

"No, it's just another bar... unfortunately."

**

"I hate you, Cross!" 

"No you don't! Come on, one more shot and I'll leave you alone until the next bar!"

Error groaned, picking up one more shot and almost choking on it. "There."

Cross and Nightmare both laughed as Error put his head face down into his folded arms on the table.

"Even Dream's miles ahead of you!" Reaper taunted.

"Uh, what do you mean, even me?" The golden skeleton called indignantly.

"He's pretty good with alcohol." Nightmare agreed.

"Okay, whatever. Hey Glitch, you're behind too!" 

Glitch was just looking at something on his phone now, not paying attention. 

"Glitch!" Error and Ink called.

"Oh- What?"

Cross wordlessly slid a shot in his direction. 

"Oh, right." He picked it up, downing it and turning straight back to his phone.

"What are you doing that's so important?" Reaper asked.

"Uh, nothing." He put the phone back in his pocket.

"Good! Then I'll buy us another round?" Nightmare suggested. 

"Oh, does it have to be shots?" Error groaned. 

"No, I'll get you beer."

"Thanks." Error turned to Glitch as the others started talking again, "Is this to do with that boy?"

Glitch sighed. "Yeah, it's just... look, maybe I made a mistake coming out with you guys tonight. No one really wants me here, I know I'm kind of killing the mood. I've got stuff to do anyway." 

"No, don't go yet!" Error insisted, making Glitch narrow his eyes.

"You want something from me, don't you?"

"...Just what you know." Error replied.

 Glitch looked away, breaking the momentary eye contact they'd made. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"No?"

"No."

"You went to see Life, and we all know you've been doing a bit of digging."

"I don't know anything that you don't."

"Alright." Error gave him one last look before turning to Ink. "I take it you're coming back to mine tonight?"

Ink grinned. "After the offer you made me earlier? Of course~"

"You," Nightmare came back, slamming a beer in front of Error, "You," And then one for Glitch, "And you," And finally one for Ink, "You lightweights aren't allowed anything else until the next bar."

"Not complaining," Error muttered.

**

"No, you gotta, like- like not... do that? If you know what I mean?" 

Reaper paused for a few moments, narrowing his eyes and moving his mouth slightly as if repeating what Error had said. "No. No, not really."

Error slammed his drink down, snatching Reaper's phone. "So- so you're like... trying to... what are we trying to do?"

"Get Geno to love me back?"

"Oh, yeah, that thing we do every day." Error muttered, laughing to himself and taking another large sip of his drink.

"Okay, so... Just..." Reaper put his face in his hands, "What does Geno love? Not like, what does he love?"

"Umm...." Error thought for a moment. "Cats." He shrugged and drained his beer bottle.

"Yeah, cats are great." Reaper nodded.

"Cats?" Cross suddenly looked over at them, giving them an 'are you serious' look.

"Well, everyone likes cats!" Error replied.

"So what are you gonna do, buy him a cat?" Cross chuckled, raising his glass back to his mouth.

"What are you even drinking?"

"I don't know, some kind of cocktail Dream bought me. It's definitely got tequila in it."

Error feigned gagging at the mention of tequila, and Reaper turned to Cross and dumped the phone in front of him. "Are you drunk?"

"Don't feel it." Cross replied, taking the phone.

"Great, because I am, and Error's well on his way to getting absolutely wasted." Reaper moved to the seat next to Cross at the bar, "Right, you know the score with Geno and I."

"I do indeed."

"What would you say right now?"

"Are we still trying to get you two together?"

"Oh, of course. Until he gets a restraining order, I'm going to assume I'm welcome to keep trying."

The monochrome skeleton snorted, spilling his drink on the bar. "Holy shit, that's pretty much forcing him to get a restraining order!"

"And don't think he won't fuckin' do it!" Error called, "Cuz he fuckin' will, even if he does fuckin' love you." 

"Right. I'm no master at flirting, but-" Cross was cut off by Error's drunken shouting again.

"You probably don't need to be to get in Nightmare's pants, so don't worry!"

"Thank you, Error. Where actually is Nightmare? Or Dream?"

"What, you tryna' do both in one night?"

"Again, thank you, Error."

"They're over there," Glitch appeared, pointing at the twins, who were on the other side of the bar, having an animated conversation with the bartender. Glitch slid two shots at Error and took the empty seat next to him.

Error looked at the shots with wide eyes. "Are you tryna' kill me?"

"No. Just trying to make sure you don't remember everything I'm about to tell you."

"Okay, how much d'ya want me to remember?" 

"Just what's important." 

"Aren't you supposed to be drunk? Thought you were a lightweight."

"I haven't drunk as much as you, we can't both be wasted."

"Okay, well, what do you want to say, anyway?" Error took one of the shots reluctantly. 

"Earlier, when you said you wanted to know what I know..." Glitch sighed, looking up at Error, "What part do you want?"

Error paused. "So... you do know something? Because I don't even remember what I wanted to know."

"Ugh, forget it." Glitch muttered, standing up and walking away.

"Fine." Error put the other shot in front of Cross, walking towards the door of the bar.

Cross watched Error leave and then stood up himself, handing the phone back to Reaper. "Look, I don't think texting him drunk is a good idea. Save it for another time. I'll be back in a minute." Leaving the bar, he found Error smoking and looking down at his phone, leaning against the wall. "How much of that have you got left?" Cross asked, approaching him.

"Not much." Error replied, looking up and putting the phone away.

Cross smirked, taking a small packet out of his pocket. "Twenty bucks worth here. I'll give it to you for ten."

Error frowned. "What's the catch?"

"There isn't one. Just trying to be nice. After all, we wouldn't have got Chara back without you."

Error shook his head, pulling a ten dollar bill out of his pocket. The two swapped what was in their hands before Error spoke again, "You wouldn't even be in this mess if it wasn't for me."

"What?"

"If I'd have said my suspicions to Ink earlier, we would have broken up before anything serious could happen. Then Alpha wouldn't have taken Chara. You guys would never have even been involved if I was never in hospital."

"That's bullshit, Error," Cross said firmly, "I was always unmarked, and with two Gods as best friends, it was gonna happen. I was the one who didn't let Ink mark me."

They stood in silence for a minute or so as Cross lit his own joint. 

"Glitch knows something that we don't."

Cross looked at him. "Like what?"

"Don't know, he thinks I'm too drunk to listen."

"And are you?"

"I was drunk when Four told me all that shit, wasn't I?"

"Good point. Tell Glitch that."

"Oh, hey!" Ink walked out, waving at the pair.

"Hey~" Error pulled Ink into a hug. As they broke apart, Ink took Error's blunt and raised it to his own mouth. 

"Reaper and Nightmare are talking about Geno, I didn't want to listen to it again." Ink rested his head on Error's chest, passing him back the smoking joint.

"I told him to leave it..." Cross rolled his eyes.

"He's never gonna leave it." 

The monochrome skeleton snickered, "He told me that until Geno gets a restraining order, he's going to take it as a sign that he's welcome to keep trying."

"Wh-?"

"Oh my God!"

**

"You- you're are the best twin I've ever had."

"No, you're the best twin I've ever had."

"That's... That's not fair, I said it first!" Dream protested. 

"Well, I'm older, so fuck you, basically." Nightmare said as he sipped his whiskey. "This is disgusting."

"Stop drinking it."

"No."

"You're stupid." Dream had decided to just drink cocktails for the rest of the evening, even though he didn't particularly like the one he'd kept ordering. It tasted more of tequila than anything else, but both Nightmare and Cross told him he wasn't drunk enough to keep up with the others.

"Well, actually- actually, yes. Dream, am I a shit writer?"

"Wh- noooo! No, no, you're great! You're the best!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! You're like, the next... famous author!"

"Thanks. I love you, Dreamy."

"Love you two, Nighty."

"Cute." Cross said mockingly as he looked over at them.

"Fuck you, all you are is an Oreo."

Cross honesty didn't know whether he was supposed to take offence or not.

"Don't speak to him like that! He's not just an Oreo!" Dream's voice sounded almost upset, which almost made Cross laugh.

"He is. Look at him, he's just white, some black, some more white, and a bit more black."

"I...I don't think that's what an Oreo looks like..." Dream looked back at Cross.

"I'm going to find Error, he'll back me up." Nightmare groaned, walking off.

"So," Cross took the seat next to Dream, "How are you?"

Dream put his face on the bar. "If you want something, just say it. No point in small talk."

"No, I just wanted to check how you are. Just worried that Chara's case was wearing you down."

"I'm fine. Now buy me another drink."

"...Right." As Cross called the bartender over, Dream looked back at Nightmare, staring at him as he talked to Error and Reaper, with Ink stuck to Error like glue. He snapped out of it when he felt Cross tapping his shoulder, pushing another drink towards him. 

"Thanks." Dream took it, sipping it slowly.

"You sure you're okay?"

"Fine, I already told you." Dream replied somewhat harshly. 

At the other end of the bar, Ink was sat on Error's lap as they kissed, while Nightmare and Reaper were doing 'Geno shit' (in Ink's words) again.

"...but are you sure he doesn't still hate you?"

"It'll be fine! I just won't show up to his work again! Unless I have a reason... I'll just have to break my arm every once in a while!"

"I don't even know if you're joking." Nightmare muttered.

"No, why would I be?"

"Don't, he'll know you did it on purpose." Error went to say something else, but Ink pulled his face back toward himself, connecting their lips again.

"Ugh, can you two do that somewhere else?" Nightmare complained, but Error only flipped him off before wrapping his arms around Ink. "So much for being haphephobic." Nightmare muttered to himself, "Right, I'm getting another drink."

"Same." Reaper glanced back at Error and Ink, following Nightmare with a smirk on his face.

"Hey," Cross greeted Nightmare, who just repeated the word. 

"Oh shit, they're coming over here now." Reaper glanced behind them.

"Who?" Dream asked.

"Hello." Error looked down at Dream, who jumped, making some sort of squeaking noise as he spilled his drink over Cross.

"Dream!" Cross groaned, looking down at the red stain on his white shirt. Error and Nightmare burst out laughing.

"Not such an Oreo now, is he?" Dream called, his voice laced with mild triumph. 

"He's one of those weird flavours of Oreos that no one actually buys." Nightmare replied.

"Uh, what's that supposed to mean?" Cross looked up at him, making everyone else start laughing too.

"It's okay, I'd buy you." Dream put a hand on Cross' cheek, to which Cross responded by pausing and just shrugging.

"Thanks..?"

"You're welcome." Dream lunged forwards on his bar stool, pulling Cross into a tight hug. 

"Umm... Okay?" Cross hugged back with a confused expression on his face.

Nightmare gave them a bitter look before turning to the bar. "I'm getting another of those shit whiskeys."

"No, I have an idea!" Ink cut in, "Let's get wine!"

"Wine?" Reaper, Error and Nightmare chorused.

"That's against the rules!" Nightmare stated.

"Oh God, do you remember the last time we drank wine?" Reaper turned to the other two.

Error and Nightmare both made multiple comments along the lines of 'Oh, no!'  'fuck that!' or 'that was awful!"

"It wasn't a good idea," Reaper elaborated, "Error couldn't stop throwing up for an hour, Nightmare passed out on the kitchen floor, and I don't remember what I did."

"You decided to tell us in great detail every sexual thing you wanted to do to my brother," Error informed him. 

"Oh, and then we sang some Bon Jovi songs." Nightmare said.

"Oh, no. Was that when Error ruined Livin' On a Prayer?" Reaper groaned.

"Uh, I did NOT ruin that song! I only made it better!" Error protested.

"What, by screaming 'Squidward on a chair', 'kitten on a stair', 'lipstick on a pear' and whatever else you said? No, you ruined it, I can't even listen to that song without hearing that anymore." Nightmare slapped Error's arm.

"Well, I didn't make it up! I found it on YouTube!"

"That doesn't make you any less guilty!"

"Red or white?" Ink asked, ignoring their protests.

"Not red. That's what we had last time." Reaper said.

"Fine, I'll order a bottle of white, then. I doubt we'll all drink it, so we should be good with just one."

As Ink turned around to order, two other men approached the bar, speaking in Spanish.

"Gemelos, tal vez?" The one with dark hair suggested, pointing at Dream and Nightmare.

The twins didn't turn around or even notice they were being talked about. 

"Sí..." The one with blonde hair nodded, "Ambos son lindos, cuál quieres?"

"Perdóneme?" Cross turned around with an aggravated expression on his face.

"Qué?" The dark haired one crossed his arms, looking down at Cross with a smug expression.

"No puedes hablar de gente así!" Cross contuined, giving them a look of disgust. 

"Hola, guapo~" The blonde called to Nightmare.

"What?" Nightmare looked at Cross.

"He's calling you handsome." Error glared at the two.

"Go fuck yourself." Nightmare growled at them.

The taller, dark haired man now turned to Error, seeing Ink beside him, "¡El es lindo! Puedo invitarte una copa?"

Error suddenly pulled Ink towards himself, hissing at the Latinos, "Vete a la mierda!"

"What?" Ink asked.

"He wants to buy you a drink!"

"Tell him to fuck off!"

"I did!"

"Son gemelos?" One asked Cross, pointing at Dream and Nightmare.

"¿Eso importa?" Cross glared.

"Sí."

"Vete!" Dream called, also giving them a cold look.

Cross stood up, "Ellos no estan interesados, vete."

"Eres colombiano?" The dark haired one asked Cross, who just repeated himself.

"Vete."

"Oooh, una paisa~!"

"What the hell is a 'paisa'?" Nightmare asked Error.

"I don't know...?"

"Vete a la mierda!" Cross stepped forwards, pushing the dark haired Latino away. 

And then all hell broke loose. The dark haired Latino pushed Cross back, into the bar, and the Cross slapped him across the face. After this, Error and Nightmare had to restrain him, but Cross continued to yell at them, and of course, they yelled back. Soon enough the whole bar was watching them, and the angry Spanish yelling filled the room.

"What's he saying?" Ink asked, nodding at Cross.

"I don't know, he's speaking too fast! Something about manners, and there's a lot of swearing going on, and something about them being perverts, and... I don't even know..."

"Ahora vete a la mierda!" Cross hissed, and the two boys muttered to each other, turning to leave, but on the way out, one of them looked back at Ink, staring at him in a way that made him highly uncomfortable. 

"Salir!" Error suddenly stepped forwards, almost looking as furious as Cross.

"Don't, Error..." Ink muttered, pulling him back.

"Come on, ignore those pervs." Dream nodded for them to sit back down, and Error gave them one last glare before sitting back at the bar, keeping an arm around Ink as the artist sat down too.

"I hate people like that, honestly." Error groaned, taking out his phone, "Shit, missed call from my mom."

"Oh, that remind me, Nightmare, mom's still not happy with you, wants you to come and see her." Dream said.

"Oh, yeah, tell her I'll stop by next week."

"Or you could tell her yourself."

"Right, are we opening this bottle, then?" Ink waved around the wine bottle.

"Sure, I'll have some." Error said.

"You sure? You're definitely a lightweight." Cross smirked at him.

"I feel like I'm not drunk enough anymore."

"Yeah, well, you still probably shouldn't-" Ink cute himself off with a gasp, spinning around, making the other turn too. The two Latinos boys were laughing and running towards the door.

"What did they do?" Error asked.

"One of them grabbed my ass!"

"Right, that's it," Error hissed, throwing himself off the stool and running out the door, after them.

"And there it is!" Nightmare yelled, standing up too, "Error can't get drunk without getting into a fight!"

"Well, now I've got an excuse to punch them!" Cross also sprinted towards the door.

"I gotta see this," Nightmare grinned. 

On the street outside, Error had one of them on the floor already, and could be seen throwing the other against the wall. "...and I swear to God, I will rip your fucking faces off, do you understand?"

"Have I missed the good bit?" Cross called, walking over to the scene.

"No, do what you want." Error took a step back, deliberately treading on the one on the floor's hand. When he tried to get up, Error snickered and kicked him.

"Give him one from me!" Ink yelled, pointing at the one against the wall. Cross grinned, pulling his hair and punching him in the face.

"Fucking pervert," Cross hissed, throwing him back against the wall.

"I want to fucking break his neck," Error said, walking back over to Ink, "But generally I try to refrain from murder in this universe."

"I'd revive him for you." Glitch shrugged.

"Oh, shit, I keep forgetting he's here." Nightmare muttered.

"Everyone does." Glitch nodded.

"Let's just get out of here," Cross said, looking at the people looking out the bar's windows at them.

"Thought they were drunk." Nightmare commented.

"Adrenaline." Dream responded. 

They started walking down the street with Cross and Error coming up with insults for the two boys. Ink decided to interrupt.

"Well, I've still got this!" Ink, again, waved the bottle of wine around. After a momentary struggle he pulled out the cork of the bottle, raising it to his lips for a few moments before passing it to Error, who also drank from it for a few seconds.

"That's actually quite nice." Error commented, looking at Reaper and Nightmare. Nightmare gave him a disbelieving look, so Error offered him the bottle. He took it reluctantly.

"...Okay, it's not bad."

"How many more bars are we going to? Because I'm drunk as hell." Error looked at Cross.

"Hmm... Just one more, but we have to get absolutely wasted there, because I don't even feel drunk.

**

"Just talk to him!"

"Dream, I can't!" Cross said, exasperated, "I don't know how I feel about him! I don't love him, but..."

"But...?"

"I mean... He's..."

"He's...?"

"I don't know. But he's a good kisser, I know that."

"How many times have you kissed?"

"Twice, but I can tell that he's good."

Dream nodded. "So you're not a thing?"

"No, why?"

"You know that thing we always talk about?" 

"...What thing?"

Dream suddenly grabbed Cross, pulling him towards himself, connecting their lips.

"That thing?"

Cross pushed him away. "No, Dream, I..."

"Well, you're not with my brother, so you've got no reason to feel guilty...unless you're planning on asking him out tonight?"

"No, no.... definitely not..."

"Then what's the problem? You're allowed to have fun, y'know..." Dream laughed, pulling him closer again.

"...Yeah, I guess."

Across the bar, the other five were sat, still doing shots. 

"C'mon, Error, you're so far behind!"

"Noooo, I caaaaan't... I'm out..."

"Ugh, whatever." Nightmare slammed his hands down on the table, "Ink, take his shot for him."

"Why?" Ink groaned.

"You're his boyfriend, therefore you are responsible for his untouched drinks.

"Great."

Suddenly Error froze. "Um..." He nudged Ink, nodding at Cross and Dream making out.

"Oh, shit. Nightmare's not gonna like that."

"He's really not," Error looked back, but Nightmare and Reaper were talking. Good, he hadn't noticed. "Right, you and Reaper sort them out, I'll distract Nightmare."

"Why are we playing cupid?"

"Because Nightmare likes him, and I'm trying to help him." Error sighed before grabbing Nightmare's wrist, "Hey, I'm going to the bathroom, there's probably loads of creepy guys in there, come with me so I don't die."

"Um... okay?"

 As the two left, Ink walked around the bar to get to Dream and Cross.

"Hey." 

They broke apart, and Dream gave Ink an innocent smile. "Hey, Ink! Come and sit with us!"

He did, shoving Cross aside and sitting in between them. "Sooo... Error seems to think that Nightmare wants you, Cross, so..." 

"Where is Nightmare?" Cross narrowed his eyes.

"Uh, the bathroom, I think."

"Tell him I want nothing to do with him."

"Because you're running off with his twin brother?"

"Ink, you know Dream and I don't think about each other like that." Cross sighed.

"I know, but Nightmare's still gonna be mad, and I'm not sure anyone wants the drama."

"Who said Nightmare has to know?" Dream grinned at Cross.

Ink groaned, standing up and moving to the seat on Dream's side, meaning Cross could sit next to him again. "I honestly don't care what you two do, as long as you don't make things awkward."

Neither responded, they were too busy making out again.

E: How's it going?

The artist clicked his tongue, hesitating before responding. 

I: They're obviously not serious, they're drunk.

E: But you stopped them?

I: I can't force them to do anything.

Error didn't respond, so Ink put the phone away. "Right, come on, we're not drunk enough. What's strong?"

Dream and Cross broke apart, with Dream blushing and staring down at the table, and Cross coughed and responded, "Diet coke and vodka, let's try that."

**

"Wake the fuck up!"

"Wh- I'm not even asleep!" Error slapped Cross' hand away.

"You know what? I just need you guys to know that you're all amazing." Reaper looked up and waved his hand randomly at them.

 "I hope you all die painful deaths." Error groaned, flopping down onto the table.

"Rude." Dream muttered, putting his head on Nightmare's shoulder.

"This whole room feels like ice cream." Ink muttered.

Everyone turned to him and just stared. 

"What?" Cross looked like he was actually trying to imagine this.

"Like... The air... it has the consistency of ice cream."

"I- Okay?"

Suddenly Reaper stood up. "I need to find Geno, he needs to know- like- that- yeah-" As he stumbled towards the door, Error stood up, tripping over Cross' chair and pulling them both down, screeching as they hit the floor.

"Go home!" Nightmare yelled.

"Gladly! Come on, Ink, we're leaving, these guys are stupid anyway." Error grabbed Ink and pulled him towards the door with him.

"Wh- are we going?" Dream asked, watching everyone stand up.

"Yep." Cross grabbed Dream's hand, leading him towards the door too. The golden skeleton didn't question it, letting Cross pull him out of the building.

As they all stumbled out onto the street, Reaper could be seen running off down the street.

"Reaper!" Error called as he sprinted after him.

"Where are you two going?" Nightmare yelled. When they didn't respond, he swore and also ran off.

"Well." Ink turned to Glitch, Dream, and Cross.

"Right, I'm gonna go. See you later." Glitch snapped his fingers and disappeared.

Dream blinked. "That was fast."  

"Don't think he really wanted to be here." Cross said.

Ink watched Reaper, Error and Nightmare. At the end of the street he could hear them yelling, but he couldn't make out what they were saying. Nightmare was now being pushed against a wall by Reaper, while Error just stood and watched.

"If you two want to go," Ink grinned, glancing back at Dream and Cross, "Go now." 

"Come one!" Cross snickered, grabbing Dream's arm. The pair giggled as they started walking away.

Smirking to himself, Ink walked down the street. Error would kill him when he found out, but he didn't care. While he knew Cross and Dream weren't romantically interested in each other, he'd do anything to keep Nightmare away from his friend group. With 

"You're stupid!" Error laughed as Reaper let Nightmare go.

"No, I am perfect for Geno, and I'm going to make him see that!" Reaper yelled as he started running again.

"REAPER, YOU IDIOT! YOU'RE GONNA GET CHARGED WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT!" Nightmare called.

"Come on, let's go and break his legs so he can't go anywhere." Grabbing Nightmare's hand, Error pulled him down the street. Ink laughed as they tried to catch up to Reaper, eventually resulting in Nightmare tripping and bringing Error down onto the concrete with him. They didn't even get up.

"You two are gonna get run over!" Ink yelled.

"GOOD!" They both called, then laughing together as they continued to lie in the road.

He watched them for a moment before sighing and offering a hand to Error. "Get up, Error..."

He took the hand and got to his feet, falling into Ink. "Woah, hi!"

"Hi." The artist kissed him for a few moments before a blinding light was cast upon them, followed by a long car horn. They jumped and Error pulled Ink away from the road, finding it mildly amusing to watch Nightmare scramble off the floor and  flop onto the sidewalk. 

"Stupid kids!" The man in the car called.

"Sorry!" Error yelled after him.

"Oops." Ink giggled as the car drove away.

While in the process of standing up, Nightmare took out his phone, putting it to his 'ear'. "Reaper? What? How the hell did you get there already? No, put it down! Reaper, you can't steal someone's cat! Reap-! Oh, he's gone."

"What?" Error looked beyond confused.

"He's running away with someone's cat! We have to find him!"

**

"ERROR! NIGHTMARE!" Reaper was running over with a big, white, fluffy cat in his arms.

"What the fuck, Reaper?! Put the cat down!" Error hissed, pointing at the large ball of fluff.

"But it's cute!"

"Doesn't mean you can steal it! Give it here!" The dark skeleton stepped forwards, carefully wrapping his arms around the cat. It mewed in complaint, but didn't struggle. Error lifted it out of Reaper's arms and set it down on the floor, a few feet away from Reaper. However, it just came straight back to him, sitting at his feet.

"Mew!"

"...Oh my God, that's adorable." Reaper bent down, picking it up again and walking away.

"Reaper!" Nightmare called, walking after him.

"So," Ink pulled Error back before he could follow them, "We should maybe... go back to yours?"

Error glanced back at Nightmare chasing Reaper. "...Yeah, I'm sure Nightmare can manage him! BYE, NIGHTMARE, WE'RE GOING!"

"WH- NO! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME TO DEAL WITH THIS!"

Error grabbed Ink's arm, snapping his fingers and disappearing.

"Bastard!" Nightmare hissed, "Reaper, put the cat down!"

"NO!"

**

"Hurry up!" 

"I'm trying!" Error laughed, trying to shove the keys into the lock. His vision was quite blurry at this point. When he dropped the keys, Ink huffed.

"I'll do it." Once the door was unlocked, Error pushed Ink through and slammed the door behind them. In the hall, Error pinned Ink against the wall, cupping his cheek and kissing him. Ink's hand trailed slowly down from Error's neck to his waist, and Error pulled away, smirking. 

"Come on." He lead Ink down the hall to his room. Once they were in, Error pushed him down onto the bed, continuing to kiss him. He slipped his hand under Ink's shirt, making the shorter shudder. Error was just about to remove the shirt when his phone went off, "Oh, what now?" He saw a text from Glitch:

G: 'Call me when you wake up tomorrow.'

"Sorry, Ink," Error sighed as he sat up and texted back.

E: 'Can't you just text whatever it is to me?'

G: 'No.'

E: 'Why?'

"Error?" Ink peered over Error's shoulder, "What's going on?"

"Oh, nothing, Glitch being drunk." Error watched the 'read' symbol, waiting for it to say Glitch was typing. When it didn't, Ink spoke again.

"So are we still..."

"What, doing-" Error put the phone down, pushing Ink back down onto the bed, "This~?"

Ink giggled, "Yeah, are we still doing this~?"

"Does this answer your question~?" He resumed his previous action of trying to pull off Ink's shirt, and when he managed, he looked at Ink's tattooed body and laughed, "Holy shit, how long did this take to get done?"

"Oh, I didn't have it done all at once! I couldn't have! First part I had done was-" He pointed at his neck, "This. I was fifteen. Had to wear a scarf at school permanently to hide it from teachers." 

"Fifteen?! That's- how? Who agreed to do that on a fifteen year old?"

"I knew people in the business."

"...How?"

"Dude, are we doing story time or doing each other?"

"...The latter."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this drunk scene isn't over, we still have to deal with Reaper and the cat... buuut, this chapter just hit 10,000 words, and despite Kat very wisely advising me to split this into two chapters, I'll just give it to you in one chunk. I know I'm starting to hit very long chapter minimums, but I'm not entirely sure I can keep making every chapter this long, so expect chapters to drop back to about 5,000-6,000 words XD

But yeah! This chapter was fun to write :D

And yes, there was Cream. 

sO-

I just really wanna thank imafuckingayperson for the Spanish to English translations in the comments, I know it's helped you guys out a lot :D So thanks for doing that for everyone! 

So some news I need to share:

1) I'm ditching the In Love With The Enemy sequel I 'was writing' a while ago. I know you guys seemed to like that book, but I honestly cannot continue it. I really feel that book is best left well alone now XD

2) Buuuuut, I'll be making a sequel for this book instead! With Kat's help, we've (mostly)planned out a rough ending for this book, and I've come up with an idea I really, really like for the sequel. It's quite different but I love it :D

I feel like I'm really starting to create a world for this book, I've spent a lot of time working on exploring how KM would have picked his Gods, and what the scores would have been from these tests. Gotta say, it's given me some very useful insight into the characters! So yeah, it's not just an Errink book anymore, it's... it's own whole thing XD

Thanks for being patient with me while you wait for these chapters, I know it's taking me longer and longer to get them out, but I've been trying XD Also this chapter was kinda thrown around all over the place so I apologise in advance for any mistakes or plot holes XD

ok

thats

it?

yeah im done

-Brooke

'great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies'

-Boris Johnson, 2013.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 4.5K 22
(Inspired by @harrish6 book "Healing What Has Been Broken") (Previously known as I Can't Let Go...) Error is the Forced God of Destruction. Ink is...
2.4K 83 28
Error and Ink finally made a truce, Ink decides to step up and befriend Error. He may have failed a few times but he finally got a frenemieship with...
8.3K 269 7
Error. Forced god of Destruction. Always called monster and hated by most people. Error didn't like this job becouse it was slowly killing him but he...
108K 3.6K 31
After the star Sanses and the bad Sanses fight because of a misunderstanding, a certain half dead Skeleton has enough and forces them to make a deal...