Following the Stars

By Fiercetalons

After waking up from cryosleep after 125 years, Sky must explore Planet Alpha and the mysterious people there... More

First Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Three

85 4 0
By Fiercetalons

"Rose, get away from them!" A woman rushed over and pulled the girl away from them.

"Oh, there are people here," Clarke sounded relieved, "Don't worry, we're- well, we're from Earth."

There were more concerning things than where we were from, "Clarke, can you focus on getting Murphy to breathe again?"

"And let you handle negotiations?" Clarke whispered back.

"To be fair, you guys are terrible at it," I said, "Mount Weather? The Trikru army?" It killed me to bring it up, but I didn't feel like going to war again.

They agreed and moved over to Murphy.

I cautiously stood up, "We've been in cryosleep for 125 years. We just got here. We thought this place was abandoned, and then the eclipse happened. There are four of us still in different rooms."

"Thank you for letting us know," a tall man walked past, "I'm Russel."

"Nice to meet you?" I tried. It came out sounding like a question.

Spears moved closer to me. Apparently this guy was important, or they wouldn't be so mad at me for talking to him strangely.

"You are..." He began.

"Oh, I'm Sky," I said, "That's Clarke, Bellamy, and Murphy. Miller and Jackson are over there," I pointed to a room in a building to the left, then to the right, "And that's where Emori and Echo are."

Russel seemed content at this, but glanced warily at the pile of weapons.

"Right," I shrugged, "We weren't sure if there were people here or crazy animals- I have bad experience with panthers- anyway, we threw them all over there so we couldn't use them on each other. I guess we should've thrown them further away-"

"Oh, no it's perfectly fine," Russel said, "But here, only the guard carry weapons. I hope you don't mind us taking them or you can return them to- do you have a ship?"

I nodded, "In the woods. Somewhere. We were too busy running away from the bugs to notice where we ran."

"Just tell them everything, why don't you," Bellamy muttered.

"How did negotiations with Roan go when he found out about the Ark during Praimfaya?" I asked quietly to get him to be quiet.

I wasn't there, but I heard that Roan tried to kill everyone after finding out about the Ark being a refuge for Skaikru.

Telling them everything wouldn't work. I'd probably leave out massacres and cannibalism and all that.

Someone brought a strange cage forwards and took out a snake. I warily followed them towards Murphy.

The orange viper had far too many teeth than should fit in its mouth, but it's spiky tongue stuck into Murphy. I wanted to scream at them, ask them what they were doing, but Murphy shot upright.

"Guys," he said, "Are there strange people staring at us, or is that just the hallucinations?"

"There are definitely people here," Clarke said, "Don't worry, it's impossible to share hallucinations. That's how we knew Jackson just wanted an excuse to kill Miller."

I would ask about that later. Maybe.

"That's- weird," he fainted again.

"Great," I growled.

Russel said, "Jade, get the others they were talking about to any spare room. They can stay with Delilah. Welcome to Sanctum."

We were taken to the place they said was Delilah's house. It was also a café or something like that. A restaurant, they called it.

I carried Murphy on the way there and dumped him in the nearest chair. He hit the wooden chair so hard that he shot upright again, "What happened?"

"Welcome to Sanctum," I said to Murphy, "Clarke will explain."

The others were also brought here by someone called Kaylee Prime.

A doctor called Cillian walked in to check on us. He looked at Murphy first, who seemed to be recovering, sadly. He bandaged a knife slash on my arm that I didn't even know I had. It must have been from fighting Bellamy.

"Black blood," he said, "Better hide this unless you want everyone to worship you."

I was puzzled by this, but before I could ask what he meant, he walked over to check on Clarke.

A girl walked in, followed by people who appeared to be her parents, "I'm Delilah, and these are my parents."

"Welcome to Sanctum," the people here were even more sappy than the people in shadow valley. I mean, they were all rainbows and butterflies, but these people were too welcoming to everyone.

But in our case, I guessed that was a good thing.

They passed around a red drink. I tried it, "What is this?"

"Jojo juice," Delilah said, "My mom's recipe."

"It's amazing," that didn't begin to describe it.

Jordan sat down next to Delilah and tried talking to her. That was probably not going to go well, but at least this time, he remembered to introduce himself.

"We're going to get the dropship, bring it into Sanctum," Clarke said. I assumed Russel told her to.

Bellamy volunteered to go, but I was told to stay behind as a 'diplomat'. If diplomacy involved swords and battle, I'd be good at it. But no, it was about avoiding that.

I voiced my concerns.

Clarke ignored me.

"We've been told to have dinner with the Primes," Clarke said, "Delilah's lending us clothes."

I didn't even want to see what they were. I didn't want to go to this dinner, but Clarke would be there to stop me from shouting or saying anything stupid, so I supposed there was no harm in me coming.

Delilah took us upstairs and showed us the clothes she could lend us. She then left.

I glanced at Clarke, who was smiling at a pink dress similar to Delilah's.

"Why do you look like you just choked on a scorpion?" She asked.

"I have never worn a dress before in my life," I said, "And I don't plan to start now."

Clarke smiled, "Come on. Just this once."

I growled in frustration before changing into a cinnamon colored dress. It was light and fluttery and it made me want to slice it to pieces.

But it was Delilah's, not mine, and this was for diplomacy.

Stupid diplomacy.

"I don't like this," I frowned.

"You'll be fine," Clarke said, "It's just a dinner."

I sighed in defeat as we walked downstairs. Clarke's mother smiled at her and hugged her. I could barely remember my parent's faces.

"For once in your life, smile," Clarke said.

I replied with a frown and followed her to the palace at the center of Sanctum.

"Welcome," these people need to stop welcoming us everywhere, "I'm Russel and this is Simone."

"It's nice to properly meet you," I said with a little more confidence.

I let Clarke do most of the talking.

"Please eat," Simone said, "It's rude to not eat when invited to dinner."

Oh, what could go wrong? I reached out for some of the food. My face lit up as I tasted it.

"This is amazing," I said slowly.

"I'm glad you like it," Simone's tight face softened a little.

Clarke continued negotiating with them. I wasn't paying attention until I heard a reference to Mount Weather.

"You came to a welcoming place just like this one and you killed them all," Simone said.

Clarke frowned, "I see Jordan likes to talk."

"Why should we trust you won't do the same here?" She asked.

Before Clarke could shout and ruin all chances here, I said, "This may be a rather gruesome topic for a meal, but after faking welcoming us, they strapped us down to tables and drilled into us for our bone marrow, planning to kill us in the process."

"How would you know this?" Simone asked.

I held out my tattooed arm, pointing to a round scar where the drill had entered my skin, "Because I was the first one they experimented on."

"She's right, this is rather gruesome for dinner," Russel said.

"Can we stay here?" Clarke asked.

Russel nodded, "For tonight, you can stay in Delilah's home. But violence is like a disease, and you bring it with you. Hundreds of soldiers in cryosleep in space. I'm sorry, but tomorrow, you leave."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 280 42
After everything they went through Clarke and Bellamy have to find a way to survive in the new planet and tried to overruled the caotic religion of t...
82.8K 1.8K 38
What happens when Clarke comes down years before the rest of the 100 or arkers. What happens when Skaikru falls to see the sky princess they knew, is...
243 10 11
The Primes have fallen, Sanctum has been freed, Spacekru has been reunited, and Clarke comes to an important realization: She can't keep waiting for...
Nightingale By Celestria

Science Fiction

1.8K 224 12
Explorers venture off into the depths of the universe, into the darkness of The Blank Space. What will they discover, or rather, what will discover t...